• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Warrior is so fucked in the current meta. The midrange and control both... R.I.P.

Deathbiter is gonna help both those archetypes imo.

Plus with the amount of deathrattles you can get on board before brawl, I think midrange is going to have a solid deathrattle deck... potentially. I haven't thought about it much tbh.

Minsc

Gold Member
Oh I was concerned about that too at first but after looking at a few YouTube videos it seemed perfectly playable to me. Whoever rewrote the two files to make it run on a iPhone did a good job, it scales to the screen with letterbox bars though, while small, the UI was still perfectly readable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVo3TBEpP0

Not bad, never saw a video, looks like they have even less work to do than I expected, it seems to play perfectly fine on such a small phone.

Strider

Has anyone been getting the disconnect bug more often recently? Had like two matches yesterday where my opponent had that floating/disconnect bug and I sat there for 5 minutes hoping something would happen... Both times it happened when I was about to win the next turn too :[

Yea happened to me too. Got a loss despite having guaranteed lethal next turn :(

Strider

Hey any tips for jumping in clean and learning the game?

I've had it installed forever but never fired it up.

1. complete tutorial
2. Beat all cpu opponents on normal
3. beat all cpu opponents on expert

This will give you a decent amount of gold and by the time you do this you'll have a good grasp on the game.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hey any tips for jumping in clean and learning the game?

I've had it installed forever but never fired it up.

Play the tutorial, get level 10 with every class playing only the AI and expert AI. Make sure you beat all expert AI and get every class to level 10 before doing anything as it will give you all the quest gold.

Do not jump into arena before you have done the above as you will have no card knowledge. Personally, I recommend playing a few hours of casual, knowing that you'll get beat a lot, but for the sole purpose of learning what cards do. Then you can do your one free arena and at the very least get a free pack from it.

Now you should have like 5-600 gold and a few free packs from the beginning. You can either try your luck at arena for 150 gold or just buy 5-6 packs and take your chance at constructed.

Realize it will take you hours of playing and hundreds of games before you understand how the game works, what cards do, how classes work, etc. It's a small game on scale but still requires tons of knowledge.

Slashlen

Played my arena deck from last night, got to 5 which I consider decent since my mana curve looked like a middle finger. At a certain point the RNG last night was just saying: Keep taking 3 cost minions or pick something terrible like Angry Chicken.

Q: is there a website that will:

- somehow sync with my account and have an inventory of all my cards
- allow me to create decks from that
- allow me to link the inventory and have other people check it out

Or will I have to do this manually on one of the deck-building sites?

I'm getting rekt out there, fellas. Str8 rekt. The highest rank I've ever got was like 15 or 16. As for the solo expansion, I can't even get by the first fight on normal diff. Anub seems to have an answer to everything.

Made it to Rank 5 for the first time. Dunno if I want to put in the effort to grind to legend in the next couple days. Streaked pretty hard with Miracle Rogue, including an amazing game against a weird mid-range (in the vein of freeze) Mage who pulled Rag + Faceless on me and they both hit my 2 minions for missed lethal.

Tarazet

I've been playing token shaman on ladder the last few days, and it's a really counter-intuitive match-up against hunter. If I try to keep my minion total low, they just get trapped and bow/hero power kills me before I can do much of anything. On the other hand, if I just flood the board it ends up being an easy win. Just got turn 4 coin/buzzard/unleashed for 4 and then buzzard/unleashed for 4 several turns later as well and it was a fairly comfortable win for me even without bloodlust.

Hunter is the worst matchup to get as a Shaman. I'm more than tempted to just concede if I don't have a good opening curve.

So, I didn't know that this could happen. Was playing a hunter and had four minions out. He put down a juggler and summoned hounds. Three daggers hit the same minion, but already after it went to zero health. I guess it counts as the same 'turn,' for the juggler.

So, I didn't know that this could happen. Was playing a hunter and had four minions out. He put down a juggler and summoned hounds. Three daggers hit the same minion, but already after it went to zero health. I guess it counts as the same 'turn,' for the juggler.

I didn't think that was possible? Same as how Arcane Missile works.

zoukka

So fucking jelly. Why can I never be lucky with these?

Yeah in retrospect bying packs is not a very good investment, I'm not gonna buy anymore with real money. I mean it's mostly dust and a few usable cards.

Might feel better if you are new and get excited for good commons and rares that us veterans have 2 of each already :)

Though of course it has to be sad that opening so many packs in one session was satisfying. Especially the golden Legendary, the announcer says something like "I can't believe it!"

Xanathus

Yeah it's a known bug that appeared after Naxx release, I think it's related to the new minions. Was the minion that got hit multiple times the naxx 1/2 spider?

The one legendary I get in the like 30 packs I've opened so far is fucking Tinkerer... the squirrel/devilsaur shitstain. I just have shit luck. My cards blow.

ViviOggi

The one legendary I get in the like 30 packs I've opened so far is fucking Tinkerer... the squirrel/devilsaur shitstain. I just have shit luck. My cards blow.
Well, the chance for a legendary is 1:20 so your luck is average so far. The people with almost full collections opened hundreds of packs to get to that point. Fleshing out your pool of commons, rares and epics is more important in the beginning anyway.

My first ones were Millhouse and Deathwing btw. Unplayable crap.

Well, the chance for a legendary is 1:20 so your luck is average so far. The people with almost full collections opened hundreds of packs to get to that point. Fleshing out your pool of commons, rares and epics is more important in the beginning anyway.

My first ones were Millhouse and Deathwing btw. Unplayable crap.

I'd be ecstatic if I got Deathwing.

Violet_0

Banned
deathwing might become playable in the future. It's a pretty strong card effect

the only legendaries I still want/need are Tirion, Jaraxxus and like ... Harisson. I should really stop getting packs

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Such a badass card. I'd legit blow a load if I got Deathwing or any of those other wild, crazy legendaries. Instead I got a fucking clown that turns dudes into a squirrel.

It's good anti miracle actually.

deathwing might become playable in the future. It's a pretty strong card effect

the only legendaries I still want/need are Tirion, Jarraxus and like ... Harisson. I should really stop getting packs

I haven't spent any money on the game yet despite having about 130 levels total for all my characters (I guess that's not too much but it's still a good amount of time). So I'm gonna blow some cash on t he game for sure, Blizz deserves it. Such a great game.

It's good anti miracle actually.
I don't even know what that means and I've been playing this game for months.

I'm an expert

I'm talking about transforming a concealed auctioneer lol. It's rough when it happens to you.

I'm an expert

I don't understand rdu's luck and his opponent's luck.. it's so weird to watch..

So I went to the Hearthstone official forums and saw a thread a guy posted about not being able to beat Anub on normal ( So I can't beat Anub'Rekhan in normal, should I uninstall?). Same deal with me, I tried a lot of different decks and got destroyed every time. Probably around 8-10 tries.

One of the replies in the thread gave a random starter druid deck to try out vs Anud so I gave it a shot. Not only did Anub go down the first try but so did Faerlina and Maexxna... the very first try for each. Wow, I must be just fucking terrible at this.

Here's the deck ,btw:

S1ZPSRw.jpg

I'm an expert

It'd be more interesting to see what your original deck was.

--
Rdu just gets insane top decks game after game while his opponents get shit like intellect into double flamestrike.

He just topdicked shield block when wonyx had lethal. fuck this dude

I'm an expert

Man when I randomly scrolled down and saw totemic might.. I had a physical reaction..

Have you played a ccg before? Are you just throwing stuff in decks or is there an honest theme when you build one?

Murkeye is an auto get from owning one of each murloc lol..

The Adder

Banned
Lightwell + Power Word: Shield + Inner Fire does so much work for me.

It's effectively a 7/7 for 4 mana with "Discard 2 cards, draw a card. At the start of your turn, restore 3 Health to a damaged friendly character.

Even if they kill it before it does anything it still eats one of their best minion destruction spells, a few of their damage spells, a creature or two, or some combination of the above. And it only cost me 4 mana and 2 cards (since Power Word: Shield replaces itself in your hand).

ViviOggi

Lightwell + Power Word: Shield + Inner Fire does so much work for me.

It's effectively a 7/7 for 4 mana with "Discard 2 cards, draw a card. At the start of your turn, restore 3 Health to a damaged friendly character.

Even if they kill it before it does anything it still eats one of their best minion destruction spells, a few of their damage spells, a creature or two, or some combination of the above. And it only cost me 4 mana and 2 cards (since Power Word: Shield replaces itself in your hand).

Easiest silence of my life

It's cute when it happens but I'm not a fan of these unreliable and volatile Priest combos outside of Arena. Much rather play Amaz style.

Man when I randomly scrolled down and saw totemic might.. I had a physical reaction..

Have you played a ccg before? Are you just throwing stuff in decks or is there an honest theme when you build one?

Murkeye is an auto get from owning one of each murloc lol..

It's my first card game.

RE: Murk-eye... really? I thought I got him in a pack lol.

The Adder

Banned
Easiest silence of my life

It's cute when it happens but I'm not a fan of these unreliable and volatile Priest combos outside of Arena. Much rather play Amaz style.

Meh, eats your silence effect then, that's fine too. You see my deck on the last page? "When it happens" isn't really much of a problem with that thing. Not the best deck in the world, mind, probably not evem great. But one thing it has is consistency.

(I'd post the current version but I'm not home)

zoukka

Can't decide whether to dust a regular Malygos or the golden one :3

It's my first golden legendary, but it's also not very good and I have the regular...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't decide whether to dust a regular Malygos or the golden one :3

It's my first golden legendary, but it's also not very good and I have the regular...
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS :(

I wish I had these problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom