• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm 200 wins off. Imma get it.
If you had played any other class, you'd have 3 golden portaits by now.

edit: well, maybe not druid.

johnsmith

remember me
Yep, got it with zoo and proud of it. Not sure what class I want to do next. Hunter is the next highest at 180. Druid is around 120.

Great game just now in Arena. Mage and I are both top decking and his last card is a Sea Giant, but I had just enough health and 1/1s to fatigue him down.

Flayer

Golden Warrior is the best looking portrait overall I think. I have one golden portrait, Hunter, and what's nice about it is the detail on the fur thing he's wearing. Kinda ruffles in the wind, it looks cool.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What happens in MtG when you run out of cards?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you try to draw from an empty deck. you lose automatically.

Aylinato

I almost have golden Druid.

I've never played token Druid or ramp Druid.

I've made my own decks.

Yes I play more than yoshi but don't rage =D

Yoshichan

Yes I play more than yoshi but don't rage =D
Considering I don't play at all, that really is no achievement :p (today was the first day in a week that I've played. I did play 19 hours today to prove that this game is still crap though)

Strider

I said I would take a break (and I did for a few days) and I was just gonna do the Naxx stuff to unlock the cards. But then I realized I still needed more gold to unlock all the weekly wings XD

Anyway there's actually a surprising amount of variation in decks right now when I played. It could just be because I'm at a low level still from not playing, but it was the most fun I've had in a while. It's so much better when you're playing against a bunch of different decks like that.

Ultrabum

The age old decision, play decks I don't have the cards for that are fun and lose ranks, or climb the ladder super fast but be bored playing zoo.....

Ultrabum

Climb the ladder to get matched up with better opponents then play fun decks !

Well, that's exactly what has happened. Except now miracle with arcane golem and 1 prep is auto loss. And ramp Druid with no rag/black knight/ cebarius/ big game hunters is terrible. I have even less cards for the other classes.

So my options are get wreked, or play zoo. Or spend money on cards, or stop playing :(

johnsmith

remember me
Well, that's exactly what has happened. Except now miracle with arcane golem and 1 prep is auto loss. And ramp Druid with no rag/black knight/ cebarius/ big game hunters is terrible. I have even less cards for the other classes.

So my options are get wreked, or play zoo. Or spend money on cards, or stop playing :(

Play midrange hunter or aggro mage. Both are on par with zoo in cost and can get you at least rank 5 easily. Hunter can get you to legend.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Concur on hunter. Just ran it to rank 10 undefeated.. weird playing without traps/bow again.

to above: no bows required, highmanes, definitely, but it's only 200 dust

zulux21

To be fair, if you allow yourself to be decked in MTG, you deserve to lose.

with the right cards in MTG it's not to hard to make someone go through their 60 card deck in 6-8 turns.

I did depress a lot of people with one of my decks though... as I didn't have enough good cards that fit my theme to make a good threat to kill people with, but i had enough control and life gain to keep myself from dying... I won multiple games by people decking themselves because I had 65 cards in my deck instead of 60 >.>;

anyways it was fun to learn that decking yourself is a cumulative damage in hearthstone. though it was depressing when I lost to deck damage lol.

Ugh, not my luck tonight. Knife juggler wins 1/9 chance to hit same target twice. Kill that one, then he drops another and gets the right juggles again. I swear, there is two ways I lose to zoolocks... crazy knife jugglers and crazy soulfire/doomguard value plays.

edit:
Ugh all the ragnaros smashing my face in..

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
What's everyones favorite golden portrait?

I got my Golden Warrior a few weeks ago and he looks pretty awesome. I hope when they get around to releasing alt heroes that they're golden too when you already have it for the original class and I don't have to re-grind that thing. That would be horrible.

Tarazet

zMJu7fL.jpg

Yep, I won that one. That was genuinely difficult for a class challenge though.

biaxident

Just faced a Paladin aggro bot, was pretty obvious after a coined elven archer to the face, and the no mouse over, and the perfect 2 sec pause between every action. But I much prefer that over a total dbag who goes full BM. Earlier my control pally matched up against a control warrior. The match goes on like 30 mins, really slow turns, then he's fatiguing and I've won since I have 10 cards left or so. He emotes the threaten, and goes afk and times out every turn. He still had a solid 20 armor and 15 health to get through, and had no big threats left, so it took me about 5 turns to win, but it was easily the worst BM i've seen yet. Playing a bot is refreshing, they don't take 2 mins per turn.

The BM guy did make a pretty cool play using commanding shout on a pyromancer, and playing like 4 spells to wipe my board though.

I remember running a fun Pauper Ally Mill deck for mtg and it could mill 20 cards a turn when it was clicking, was so fun.

Ultrabum

Wow, found my first for real bot. Spammed emotes the whole game, no response. Perfectv2 second delay between all plays, no matter the complexity. And he mortal coiled a 4/4 that was at full hp.

Yoshichan

Todays "progress"...

Druid, 42 wins
Mage, 11 wins
Paladin, 6 wins

Total games: I have no idea. Probably 150 games. Felt like I've lost more than won.

Yoshichan

How so?

Its very common in card games to loose when you run out of cards.
I think he's talking about the DoT that ticks every turn (and gets stronger and stronger).

Lyng

I think he's talking about the DoT that ticks every turn (and gets stronger and stronger).

Yeah I just dont see why that is so much better?

I prefer Hearthstone too, but that has more to do with how the manacrystal system mitigates some of the luck of the draw aspect.

Yoshichan

Hey, I got no clue :3

ShinNL

The lack of Shaman discussion disappoints me. Not only is it damn fun to play with the new naxx cards, but you also see tons of people trying it in the game. Yet here everyone is still stuck on old meta decks. I've been playing a value Shaman deck (Cairne, Sylvanas, Faceless and the Ancestral Spirit/Reincarnate combo) and a tempo Priest with Dancing Swords and Spectral Knight (being able to heal Spectral Knight with AOE heal is pretty sick).

So much to try. Yet the only thing I read here is Ramp Druids and Zoos.

Boring.

You guys disappoint me.

Yoshichan

Yeah. If zoo was an actual physical object, I would've bent it over and shoved something far inside it.

biaxident

The lack of Shaman discussion disappoints me. Not only is it damn fun to play with the new naxx cards, but you also see tons of people trying it in the game. Yet here everyone is still stuck on old meta decks. I've been playing a value Shaman deck (Cairne, Sylvanas, Faceless and the Ancestral Spirit/Reincarnate combo) and a tempo Priest with Dancing Swords and Spectral Knight (being able to heal Spectral Knight with AOE heal is pretty sick).

Boring.

You guys disappoint me.

Oh I mentioned last night getting wrecked by one with baron rivendare and ancestral/reincarnate on a egg, wasn't fun lol. Had another one today do it today on abominations, cleared my board. Shaman's seem pretty nuts, but i've mainly run into bots or control today.

What's the deal with this new all demons all the time deck?

Lost to it as Miracle, but it seemed kinda shitty. Series of extremely fortunate draws on his part (e.g. Power Overwhelming + Shadowflamed my concealed auctioneer, Jaraxxus when in kill range) and unfortunate ones on my part (Leeroy in the bottom 4 cards).

biaxident

What's the deal with this new all demons all the time deck?

Lost to it as Miracle, but it seemed kinda shitty. Series of extremely fortunate draws on his part (e.g. Power Overwhelming + Shadowflamed my concealed auctioneer, Jaraxxus when in kill range) and unfortunate ones on my part (Leeroy in the bottom 4 cards).

If it means less zoo then cool, a new third warlock deck would be good since they've only had handlock and zoo for about 9 months at least. I actually haven't seen a single zoo today, only about 10 matches, but still.

Ashodin

Boring.

You guys disappoint me.
Meta is still better than your decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom