• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jzStTu8.jpg

This has got to be the funniest show down I've ever been a part of. It ended with us both hero powering and ending our turns for about 10 consecutive rounds.

How would you guess this ended?
A) He eventually gave in and gave my Explosive Trap some excellent value; or
B) He drew his two Power of the Wilds that he was looking for and creamed me

jkanownik

Game is not being kind to me tonight. I need to win one game with my control Warrior to complete a challenge. I had won 6 of the last 8 with it. I've now lost 8 in a row. I need to get to bed but I just need 1 more win. If I lose to this Druid right now I will have lost to all 9 different classes in a row.

Edit:
Finally. Inner rage + Grom + faceless next turn. Someone else got to experience bad luck. Time for bed.

ShinNL

This has got to be the funniest show down I've ever been a part of. It ended with us both hero powering and ending our turns for about 10 consecutive rounds.

How would you guess this ended?
A) He eventually gave in and gave my Explosive Trap some excellent value; or
B) He drew his two Power of the Wilds that he was looking for and creamed me
C) You UTH and cleaned it up anyways?

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Um, playing an arena match and the card is just hovering in mid-air. I don't seem to be disconnected. Can emote back and forth with the other player. Timer isn't running down. Do we just wait and see who blinks firsts and concedes? I don't know what to do?

Um, playing an arena match and the card is just hovering in mid-air. I don't seem to be disconnected. Can emote back and forth with the other player. Timer isn't running down. Do we just wait and see who blinks firsts and concedes? I don't know what to do?

The game is still most likely happening for the other player, x out of the game in the don't quit thru the menu and try reconnecting.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Came back in and I have a loss recorded... lame. I didn't think I was dc'ed because I could see their cursor moving around and I could see their emotes. Just bugged out or something? I've never seen that before.

zoukka

More classes need secrets. Where are my nature traps for Druid Blizz?

Secrets are a problem in HS. The more you print, the more insane Flare gets. They either need to print anti-secret cards for other heroes, or nerf Flare in the future.

zulux21

man the arena still hates me...
24 commons
6 rares
no higher cards...
and beyond that a number of waves were garbage picks where the best card I could take was making my deck worse :/

Secrets are a problem in HS. The more you print, the more insane Flare gets. They either need to print anti-secret cards for other heroes, or nerf Flare in the future.

Counterspell beats out flare

EDIT:
I've had a very good amount of success with this deck vs hunters today
*if you are at a low rank it's a bad idea to try this since it sucks vs Zoo*
Works great vs all midrange and control decks tho
(This is Sjow's deck btw)
wQLGt6J.jpg

Prodigal

Banned
Looks like there's a group call with Tides, Hyp3d, kitkatz, backspace, and Firebat on twitch right now. Seems as if they're trying out a Shaman deck with some of the newer cards. Link

zoukka

heh, I almost lost a match because it literally took like 5 seconds for the ooze to pop out after I killed sludge belcher and I missed 8 damage because of it.

I like that they made attacking animations faster, now they should follow suit and make card drawing and other animations faster as well.

Counterspell beats out flare

Well sure, but it's a mage only card and costs 3 mana against 1 mana flare.

I like that they made attacking animations faster, now they should follow suit and make card drawing and other animations faster as well.

Well sure, but it's a mage only card and costs 3 mana against 1 mana flare.

there are lots of ways to make counterspell free right now. the point i was making is that you can continue to stack secrets if you have counterspell on.

also most hunter decks are not spell heavy right now so when you do cs you are gonna get valueeee

EDIT: for the most part I'm talking about the deck above

zoukka

there are lots of ways to make counterspell free right now. the point i was making is that you can continue to stack secrets if you have counterspell on.

also most hunter decks are not spell heavy right now so when you do cs you are gonna get valueeee

I was talking in theory for sure, like we have one proper class-specific anti-secret card that is amazingly good value so it's just a fact that as there are more secrets, the card only gets stronger.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hearthstone card back for buying the collector's edition of Warlords of Draenor.

wHB11qO.jpg

mercviper

Up to rank 5 now with a tweaked version of Kolento's control pally. If you have a Tirion it's pretty good to play and does well against most decks. I have the most trouble vs druid and shaman. I used to have more trouble with zoo but ever since I started playing turn 2 pyro vs them it's been closer to 50/50.

vZn2mf9.png

Stalagg and Feugen are in a trial run right now, having replaced loatheb and a spectral. I'm also testing 2 creepers over harvest golems since you get 3 bodies out of it over 2, and having sticking bodies is pretty important in case you only have equalities. I'm not running drakes because acolyte + LoH gives plenty of draw throughout the game. In fact if you ever draw 3 from acolyte vs another control with this you've probably drawn too many.

Finally got enough gold to unlock the military quarter!

Probably the strongest batch of reward cards yet! Been tooling around with deathrattle/reincarnate shaman a bit, and it seems alright. It doesn't seem as strong as traditional burst shaman, but it's a ton of fun and seems a bit easier to play.

I'm thinking of replacing Leeroy with Loatheb, though. Sure, there's the leeroy ancestral spirit reincarnate dream, but the chances of having all the necessary pieces in your hand is very low, and you can't mill cards like miracle rogue can, so Leeroy ends up being a dead card most of the time. Freeze mage and miracle rogue still seem pretty hard to deal with, so Loatheb seems like it'll see more utility.

Sylvanas reincarnate is hilarious

NBtoaster

The braindead rush meta really is back isnt it.

edit: not like I can win control anyway. The same Ironbark Protector survives two brawls, the first 33% chance and the second 25%. What a fucking game.

Leezard

Yesterday I got a duplicate Nat Pagle from a pack, today I got a duplicate King Krush from a pack. That's out of my 3 latest packs. Couldn't I get any other legendary? I have 5 total. At least they are worth a bit of dust.

So, I was using some accumulated dust on some Paladin cards for a future deck. Among the cards I crafted, I made two Sunwalkers. Later, I accidentally disenchanted one of them while looking at the flavor text and I didn't undo it.

Well, shit. Guess I'll craft the second one later.

After getting 10 more gold in casual mode, I decided to use my newly acquired 100 gold on a booster. My rare in the booster? A Sunwalker. Thanks, RNG. I'm appreciative.

The braindead rush meta really is back isnt it.

edit: not like I can win control anyway. The same Ironbark Protector survives two brawls, the first 33% chance and the second 25%. What a fucking game.

i haven't seen a lot of aggro on ladder. mostly midrange stuff and gimmick shaman/mage/druid decks. and a lot of control warrior.

actually, the only rush deck i've seen in the past week was paladin and i was lucky enough to be playing my regular ass rogue deck on the coin with a good curve.

and ironbark doesn't exactly sound like rush either...

NBtoaster

i haven't seen a lot of aggro on ladder. mostly midrange stuff and gimmick shaman/mage/druid decks. and a lot of control warrior.

actually, the only rush deck i've seen in the past week was paladin and i was lucky enough to be playing my regular ass rogue deck on the coin with a good curve.

and ironbark doesn't exactly sound like rush either...

I think I just get really mad when I lose to aggro Paladin.

Haunted

Not sure why it's so much fun, but I love watching pros/good streamers playing through the Naxx singleplayer. The reactions when encountering OP hero powers is hilarious.

I know that Trump, Amaz (and Day9) regularly put videos up of them clearing Naxx SP - any other recommendations?
Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Finally had the chance to play a little of the Construct Quarter. Got through all four bosses on the first try with my "midrangey"(for lack of a better term) Warrior deck. Frothing Berserker against Thaddius is sort of a hard counter, should you get his attack high enough.

Now I'm stuck on the warrior class challenge, and I lost connection to Battle.net; guess their servers are down. 'Suppose I gotta hold that loss until later.

gutshot

Is there anything more annoying than a streamer who forces his shitty music on his viewers? Anytime I open a stream and there is music playing, I immediately close it. I'm there to watch your plays and hopefully learn your thought process for why you are doing what you are doing. If I wanted to listen to music in addition to that, I could just open Pandora and have it run in the background while watching your stream.

Zemm

Never watch Forsen's stream if that's how you feel. Personally I like a bit of background music which everyone watching can hear but there are a lot of streams without too.

Zafir

Man, the desync bug seems to get worse. Had the weirdest thing happen. Rejoined after it happened, it said it was my turn but the guy I was against said well played and proceeded to kill me while it was my turn on my screen, lol...

Haunted

admirable does them with basic cards only. it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBW1pZUU8M
Though that's more of a guide with the streamer already knowing everything there is to the encounter and how to beat it.

The most fun part for me is seeing their initial reaction to the opponents and how they adapt on the fly or build counter decks based on their own ideas.

Is there anything more annoying than a streamer who forces his shitty music on his viewers? Anytime I open a stream and there is music playing, I immediately close it. I'm there to watch your plays and hopefully learn your thought process for why you are doing what you are doing. If I wanted to listen to music in addition to that, I could just open Pandora and have it run in the background while watching your stream.
I know what you mean, but it depends on the music and how obnoxious it is. Looking at Forsen's stream above, he had some Inception and Godfather soundtrack running softly in the background, that's totally fine by me.

Then it suddenly switched to loud Eurotrash techno and... yeah.

Zafir

I know what you mean, but it depends on the music and how obnoxious it is. Looking at Forsen's stream above, he had some Inception and Godfather soundtrack running softly in the background, that's totally fine by me.

Then it suddenly switched to loud Eurotrash techno and... yeah.
He has his own music on in the afternoon and then turns plug dj on after. Which basically allows the chat to queue up shit to play. That's why it turns so awful, twitch chat is in control at that point.

Though that's more of a guide with the streamer already knowing everything there is to the encounter and how to beat it.

The most fun part for me is seeing their initial reaction to the opponents and how they adapt on the fly or build counter decks based on their own ideas.

his archives are on twitch but they're muted. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom