• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

New favorite golden:

FieryWarAxe.gif

sooogood.gif

Heel

Went 5-0 completing two 60 gold Warrior dailies.

Used the gold to open a pack:
Eaglehorn Bow to replace the two I dusted
Brawl
Alexstrasza

zXXkxThl.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seems like doomhammer is the shaman's favorite tool all of a sudden. I guess people really love that rockbiter combination to cheese your way to victory :D

lets see... it does 16 damage on its own. Then plus 6 for each rockbiter. Yeah I start with 7 hp lol, not being serious

Rockbiter is too useful to hold both of them until a doomhammer combo.

Hunter v hunter determined by drawing flare most of the time lol.

Sorta determined by who has the faster deck really. But sure in the straight up mirror midrange/trap hunter decks I guess flare is one of the more important tools. Without traps, it is often determined by who can develop board fastest and most of the time that means who drops highmane first.

Ultrabum

Sorta determined by who has the faster deck really. But sure in the straight up mirror midrange/trap hunter decks I guess flare is one of the more important tools. Without traps, it is often determined by who can develop board fastest and most of the time that means who drops highmane first.

I don't think I've seen a highmaine not get freezing trapped in 5 games without flare lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's going to be fun seeing how Hunter mirrors affect the Hunter decks as they begin to account for each others' Secrets and Flare, then new builds popping up to counter the previous builds.

And then it all becomes an episode of YGO.

ZealousD

Its pretty bad when the counter to mad scientist hunter is more hunter. That's when the meta gets stuck. I wonder what the solution is? I'm not sure that just reworking his stats is the answer.

ZealousD

Why did you draft 4 of them in the first place? The card isn't as good in arena as constructed because you can't guarantee the synergy

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why did you draft 4 of them in the first place? The card isn't as good in arena as constructed because you can't guarantee the synergy

They showed up early and I was hoping to get buzzards and fun stuff later for a dumb deck. I did get timber wolves and hyenas but I needed card draw pretty bad. I usually have more fun making stupid decks over good ones, lol.

Ketch

So i've been playing this game a little more now. I've done arena a couple times now, and my priest deck has taken me to rank 18ish. I started with Trump's basic priest deck, but I think it's mostly my creation now. I was wondering if anyone was willing to take a look at it and tell me what you think:

hearthspwn deckbulder

Is this good? Any cards in here you don't particularly like? I don't have many cards, but are there any basic cards i should swap in? or What do you think I should be looking to add to this deck?

thanks.

CoolOff

So, how to fuck over Mad Scientist-hunters? Having some luck with Tempo Warrior, but it still doesn't feel ideal.

Backspace is supposedly good? Anyone got a decent post-Naxx decklist for that?

Acinixys

Nothing like a turn 3 Nerubian with a flametongue totem to make a Hunter shit himself

Staring down a 6/4 with 3 mana to deal with it is pretty brutal

Water

I'm on a roll. It's like someone suddenly turned arena's difficulty level way down. Maybe it's from an influx of new players due to Naxx? My arena win average has normally been around 6-7, but for the ten last arena runs it's 8.8:

PA 9
PA 7
MA 9
RO 2
WL 9
RO 9
PA 8
RO 12
PA 11
RO 12

Last run deck and lootz. Must be the first time in ~30 packs that I get an epic I actually want. And I didn't have Jaraxxus before either.

Aq9JOhX.png

s49CQNH.jpg

OjH19If.png

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I was on a perfect 11-0 arena run and then my twelfth match I got a loss. Go in for another match and I get matched against the exact same player. Lost again. Now I'm afraid to go in again and get the same guy and lose out on twelve wins.

I had to decide between captain greenskin and harrison jones today, I think I wish I took harrison.

edit:
The jury is still out on the captain for me. It does fit the deck theme I have and maybe I am just not playing him right. Basically I am playing a slow aggro or I guess you could call it a slow tempo rogue deck. Turn 5 I chose to put down azure drake rather than captain greenskin. Not sure if that was the right move or not. I would have gotten 5 more damage out of playing greenskin, if the warrior responded the same way. The turn he conceded he would have been down 3 hp, not 8. But he was thoroughly fucked as the turn before I played sap on his sylvanas, double cold blood on my argent commander, and even played a mukla which caused him to overdraw sacrificing a spectral knight.

Yeesh, I don't think I can hack it in this game. I lose constantly and have no idea how to build a deck.

I said it earlier, but I have a smattering of expert cards from a couple of packs I bought with gold, but I have no idea what to replace in the basic decks I got from that Reddit thread.

ZealousD

Got enough gold to craft another legendary. Can't decide between Sylvanas and The Black Knight. TBK would be great in my control Paladin deck but Sylvanas would also be great for my Shaman deck....

Got enough gold to craft another legendary. Can't decide between Sylvanas and The Black Knight. TBK would be great in my control Paladin deck but Sylvanas would also be great for my Shaman deck....

Syl is used in alot more decks than TBK

they both have their uses in decks.

Cipherr

Yeesh, I don't think I can hack it in this game. I lose constantly and have no idea how to build a deck.

I said it earlier, but I have a smattering of expert cards from a couple of packs I bought with gold, but I have no idea what to replace in the basic decks I got from that Reddit thread.

Just keep playing, and IMO watch some streamers on Twitch if you are into it. You can really pick up some plays that you may not have thought of before. If you aren't into watching Twitch streams then just hit Youtube and watch some of the tourneys that have been played over the last year. Nice best of 5's and best of 7's with plenty of stuff you can learn from.

As for your cards, thats just going to take time, painful painful time. Theres no real way to get gold but to play other players, and almost everyone will have decks so much better than a new player, that even if you play better, you will STILL lose.

Worst part of the game that they don't have any sort of prolonged PvE mode for new players that lets them earn gold weekly for cards.

Been using Reynads new hunter deck. It's incredibly effective. Replaced 2 haunted creeper with a gladiators longbow and a timber wolf. Winning 80% of my matches on the ladder. Secret spam with uth card draw is just absurd.

Tarazet

I hated, hated, hated, HATED playing this game today.

It wasn't even anything out of the ordinary. I didn't face Zoo, or ramp Druid, or miracle Rogue.. what I did face was just never being able to get board control all night long. I tried a number of different decks, and each one of them fell behind and stayed behind until I was dead. I don't get it. It was the same in both constructed and arena.

It's like sometimes the game decides "you get fucked today" and nothing you can do will shake it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's called "being on tilt". Learn to recognize it, then take a break when it happens to you.

ZealousD

I hated, hated, hated, HATED playing this game today.

It wasn't even anything out of the ordinary. I didn't face Zoo, or ramp Druid, or miracle Rogue.. what I did face was just never being able to get board control all night long. I tried a number of different decks, and each one of them fell behind and stayed behind until I was dead. I don't get it. It was the same in both constructed and arena.

It's like sometimes the game decides "you get fucked today" and nothing you can do will shake it.

If it's any consolation, the same thing happened to me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom