• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
Getting close to |OT2| time. If anyone else wants to manage the OP, they're more than welcome. I've been pretty lazy about it, so if someone wants to polish it up, 20,000 posts isn't too far way, probably sometime this coming week.

not seeing how you drafted i'm guessing you made a lot of mistakes. there isn't anything inherently wrong with the mode you just need to learn how to be good at it. which won't happen if you always blame blizzard for your losses.

Harsh, but true. Though every so often, there's a disgustingly awful draft (or RNG truly hates you, and turns a decent draft to unplayable with all the wrong cards, getting all 4+ cost cards before and after mulligan even though you only drafted 6 for example), many people believe you should get 5-7 as an average if you're decent / good.

rac

Banned
Seems like the old hunter deck without the mad scientists does well in the mirror. I dropped a tracking and put in another flare just so I could deal with it easier.

edit: Looks like its pretty reliant on having a bow early in your deck too. I just played against a hunter that didn't get a his weapon out until after all 4 of his secrets were triggered.

SMgamer83

I have been having a ton of fun with this deck. It's not going to get you to legend, but when you burn their deck and watch their legendaries go away, it's pretty hysterical. The general idea is the early strong Naxx minions (Swords, Chow, Deathlords) to give you the early game, then Mukkla/Oracles/Naturalize their deck away mid game. By late game, they will try to destroy you with their card advantage. That's when you Seeds into Starfall to get massive card advantage.

Like I said, not super competitive, but tons of fun!
c7Ry1Qv.png

If you have Thalnos, replace a Loot Hoarder, then you can Seeds Thalnos Swipe as well late game. I don't have one yet.

rac

Banned
What's funny is that I've been playing hunter before naxx, and now it just made how I play it stronger

Hunter was the first deck I could actually play because it was so cheap, but I started after the UTH nerf so it wasn't as strong. Its cool to see hunter players, I'd much rather play against them than miracle/zoo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Getting close to |OT2| time.

I might be willing to do some if nobody else wants to.

Although this also means we need a new thread title.

"Join, or die! ....or both."
"We have no times for games!"
"Praise RNGesus!"
"Do we win?"

tariniel

Spectral Knight is probably my favorite card right now. I edited my token druid deck to put 2 of them in there.

Innervate a spectral knight on turn 3, or on turn 2 with coin, is a serious problem for any deck. I've won so many games because my spectral knight sticks around and trades favorable for 3+ turns or scares my opponent out of playing cards.

It makes token druid way more fun.

Flayer

Yeah there will always be a few die hard botters whatever you do, even if Blizz banned every month. To reduce the bots to the dedicated crew who don't care about losing their accounts is actually fine because it means bots will be super rare to encounter.

The fact that Hearthstone is a f2p game which takes 6-12 months to complete a collection is in fact more of a deterrence than a normally price games monetary cost. Botters don't actually gain enough free packs to compensate for getting banned. A botter will earn ~4 more packs a week than a regular player who completes all their quests and plays a bit extra too.

Acinixys

fuck hunters, fuck zoolock

Hunters are probably the most OP class

Every single Hunter specific card has amazing synergy

If you EVER play more than 2 minions youre fucked. Buzzard + Unleash + Timberwolf = at least 3 cards drawn and your whole board cleared

So fucking stupid

Ive given up on ranked because of shit like that

Teach me how to play this game.

The highest winrate decks in the current meta are Reynad hunter or Sjow Control warrior.

Play one of those decks if you want to waltz into legend.

If anyone on gaf wants more in depth help and actually has the cards to make competitive decks feel free to pm me.

EDIT: highest ive gotten so far brosssss
E51hpBQ.png

Ultrabum

The highest winrate decks in the current meta are Reynad hunter or Sjow Control warrior.

If anyone on gaf wants more in depth help and actually has the cards to make competitive decks feel free to pm me.

I've been playing miracle (which I have all the cards for minus thalnos and Reynads hunter, the one with Leroy and mad scientist), I'm currently on a 9 game win streak with the hunter... Kinda silly.

My question is this: how do you identify errors in your own play? I think I only notice an error ( take extra dmg, missed lethal, trade in a bad way) maybe 1 out of 15 games, but I'm sure I'm making more errors than that. How do you improve in a meaningful way?

Scrub here but man my Druid seems so good. Innervate is just ridiculous, isn't it? I had a game earlier with the 4/5 Chillwind Yeti on my very first turn (with the free crystal you get for them going first). It completely crippled the guy. I legit felt bad for him, like saying to myself... wtf, how is this even fair. That's not the first time it happened either. I had a 3/5 Shieldmasta out on the first turn before. There's a decent chance to get Innervate in your opening hand and then all you need is a 4 crystal cost monster.

Btw, this is my druid. I put maxanna in there just for fun. I win a lot with this:

cE3xupM.jpg

I've been playing miracle (which I have all the cards for minus thalnos and Reynads hunter, the one with Leroy and mad scientist), I'm currently on a 9 game win streak with the hunter... Kinda silly.

My question is this: how do you identify errors in your own play? I think I only notice an error ( take extra dmg, missed lethal, trade in a bad way) maybe 1 out of 15 games, but I'm sure I'm making more errors than that. How do you improve in a meaningful way?

Take your time, look at every single possible play.

The biggest thing that sets people apart is that they don't play around their opponents removal spells. Swipe, Unleashed, etc. So don't let that happen to you if possible.

The next biggest thing is playing around very specific mana turns (which means remembering if they still have coin or not). You should know that on turn 6 a hunter can play savanna highmane. So you have to try your best to play around that without gimping yourself earlygame. Turn 9 a druid can combo you for 14 so you have to play around that etc. These types of situations you have to play around depending on the match up.

This means that sometimes keeping removal in your hand is better than keeping your board and vice versa.

With all that in mind. Sometimes you have to bait a removal. Like vs priest you want to bait shadow word death on non essential minions. So your bigger guys can live.

I think that those are the things that people should know when it comes to winning more in the game. Also being friends with rngesus helps.

Aylinato

E51hpBQ.png

I knew you'd start coaching =D

Ultrabum

Take your time, look at every single possible play.

The biggest thing that sets people apart is that they don't play around their opponents removal spells. Swipe, Unleashed, etc. So don't let that happen to you if possible.

The next biggest thing is playing around very specific mana turns (which means remembering if they still have coin or not). You should know that on turn 6 a hunter can play savanna highmane. So you have to try your best to play around that without gimping yourself earlygame. Turn 9 a druid can combo you for 14 so you have to play around that etc. These types of situations you have to play around depending on the match up.

This means that sometimes keeping removal in your hand is better than keeping your board and vice versa.

With all that in mind. Sometimes you have to bait a removal. Like vs priest you want to bait shadow word death on non essential minions. So your bigger guys can live.

I think that those are the things that people should know when it comes to winning more in the game. Also being friends with rngesus helps.

Thanks for the advice! I'm currently rank 4, hopefully I can put it to use and get to legend!

E51hpBQ.png
Congrats. Tying to hit legend now in my first full season. How do you deal with tilting? Sometimes I get frustrated or forget to eat and punt a game. Seems like it really hurts to misplay even once when streaks are so important for ranking up.

ZealousD

Scrub here but man my Druid seems so good. Innervate is just ridiculous, isn't it? I had a game earlier with the 4/5 Chillwind Yeti on my very first turn (with the free crystal you get for them going first). It completely crippled the guy. I legit felt bad for him, like saying to myself... wtf, how is this even fair. That's not the first time it happened either. I had a 3/5 Shieldmasta out on the first turn before. There's a decent chance to get Innervate in your opening hand and then all you need is a 4 crystal cost monster.

Btw, this is my druid. I put maxanna in there just for fun. I win a lot with this:

http://i.imgur.com/cE3xupM.jpg

Booty Bay Bodyguards could probably be swapped for something else. If you want a 5 mana taunter you'd do much better with Druid of the Claw or Sludge Belchers. Also you're a litlte low on class cards. Might try swapping the Elven Archers out for something like Wrath.

Booty Bay Bodyguards could probably be swapped for something else. If you want a 5 mana taunter you'd do much better with Druid of the Claw or Sludge Belchers. Also you're a litlte low on class cards. Might try swapping the Elven Archers out for something like Wrath.

Cool thx. I don't think I have Druid of the Claw or Sludge Belchers but I'll get em.

ZealousD

Cool thx. I don't think I have Druid of the Claw or Sludge Belchers but I'll get em.

Druids of the Claw are commons. They should be easy enough to get. They're also one of the best druid minions you can get. They're in almost every Druid deck.

Sludge Belchers are obtained by beating Loatheb in Naxxramas.

E51hpBQ.png

Probably should message you. I have all the cards I need to get hit legend but I always get stuck. lol

ZealousD

Being flamestriked 4 times in single arena match is the worst feeling ever.

Im sick of mirrors (rank3), whats the best deck to deal with reytard hunter.

Face hunter is a usually a good pick. Generally the faster hunter deck wins the match. Highmane is a great card in midrange v midrange but much less in decks that start punching right out of the gate and then finish off with leeroy.

I personally despise playing @ face hunter tho.

Im sick of mirrors (rank3), whats the best deck to deal with reytard hunter.

i've been having luck with miracle rogue. you can also build your hunter to be anti-hunter by taking out the traps. they'll hold on their flares thinking you're going to play a trap meanwhile you have 2 cards you actually get to play.

Ultrabum

i've been having luck with miracle rogue. you can also build your hunter to be anti-hunter by taking out the traps. they'll hold on their flares thinking you're going to play a trap meanwhile you have 2 cards you actually get to play.

What do you mull for as meracle vs hunter? Si7, van cleef, backstab?

Haunted

Webspinner is rigged, just got one that recycled himself into two more Webspinners. :lol

Also, the 4/4 Nerubian from the egg should totally be a beast.

Last I remember, most Nerubians are undead, but some are still living or whatever. It's been a long time since WotLK.

Speaking of such, I'm still hoping for more classification and type decks, I think they would be a lot of fun. I really enjoy running Murloc or Pirate decks, they're just not good, hah.

Edit: I'd kill for an RNG ENG / Mechanical deck myself.

http://www.twitch.tv/ironforum

some korean tournament (correction it is in taiwan I think)

Last I remember, most Nerubians are undead, but some are still living or whatever. It's been a long time since WotLK.

Speaking of such, I'm still hoping for more classification and type decks, I think they would be a lot of fun. I really enjoy running Murloc or Pirate decks, they're just not good, hah.

Edit: I'd kill for an RNG ENG / Mechanical deck myself.

Since it comes from naxxramas, I'd imagine these nerubians are in fact undead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom