• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I'm on a roll. It's like someone suddenly turned arena's difficulty level way down. Maybe it's from an influx of new players due to Naxx? My arena win average has normally been around 6-7, but for the ten last arena runs it's 8.8:

PA 9
PA 7
MA 9
RO 2
WL 9
RO 9
PA 8
RO 12
PA 11
RO 12

Last run deck and lootz. Must be the first time in ~30 packs that I get an epic I actually want. And I didn't have Jaraxxus before either.

I wonder if you kicked my butt :p
I'm still pretty new but once I read some guides and what not my arena average was around 5 wins or so... my last 5 runs have been horrible though.
0-3
0-3
1-3
0-3
4-3
:/

gotta love when you can't get any epic or legendary cards and even when you do get rare cards it's not uncommon to see something like alarm-o-bot, angry chicken and crazed alchemist in a single pick... all of which aren't great arena cards :/

I think in that streak of arena plays I averaged 6 non common cards, with only a single epic card lol. it's all good though even getting my ass kicked I enjoy the arena... I just wish I could do better so I could get some more cards, so it wouldn't be so hard to complete quests while not in the arena (it's getting better now that I am getting some epics.)

NBtoaster

The thing is... mad scientest turn 2, then eaglehorn bow turn 3... how do you beat that? hooooooooow.

ironbeak_owl2850029xkuce.png

FStop7

Banned
I am messing around with the Priest deck that Trumps was playing. It's pretty fun.

I Harrisoned away a Shaman's Doomhammer with 4 durability remaining. He wasn't happy.

Zombie Chow is kind of a good card in this Priest deck. If you drop it along with a soul priest and a circle of healing you can pretty much clear the board plus do 5 damage to the opponent's face.

johnsmith

remember me
Midrange with scientist and secrets wrecks the mirror without secrets. This needs a nerf bad.

3 control warriors in a row. Guess who has a decent midrange hunter matchup.

Pixels

I wonder if you kicked my butt :p
I'm still pretty new but once I read some guides and what not my arena average was around 5 wins or so... my last 5 runs have been horrible though.
0-3
0-3
1-3
0-3
4-3
:/

gotta love when you can't get any epic or legendary cards and even when you do get rare cards it's not uncommon to see something like alarm-o-bot, angry chicken and crazed alchemist in a single pick... all of which aren't great arena cards :/

I think in that streak of arena plays I averaged 6 non common cards, with only a single epic card lol. it's all good though even getting my ass kicked I enjoy the arena... I just wish I could do better so I could get some more cards, so it wouldn't be so hard to complete quests while not in the arena (it's getting better now that I am getting some epics.)

I'm terrible at arena as well and I never seem to get any legendary cards worth a damn. Sadface

Water

What classes do you tend to play? It makes a big difference in arena.

I had no epics or legendaries in that last 12 win run, just good rares (7 of them I think - not shown in the pic were Sunwalker and Argent Commander) and plenty of good commons. I now like playing rogue even better than mage. Rogue feels so consistent - you can almost always put up a good fight for board control even with relatively bad deck and/or bad starting hand luck, and with so many kinds of removal in the class cards, you are rarely left completely without. I like living on the edge and going as low as 15 life at the early stages of the match to keep clearing the board and getting card advantage while opponent sits at 30. They can almost never burst you down in arena so it's safer than it looks. Mage, paladin and shaman also fare pretty well without needing much luck in draft, the commons are so good. I don't like having to play any other class in arena because they are too random.

Prodigal

Banned
Decided to try out Zoo today for the first time in a while and I've lost 4 matches in a row. I guess the game is trying to tell me something!

Zemm

I've yet to see a bad looking golden card (this is where people prove me wrong). I really like golden unleash the hounds. The art of this game is very good. Only Loatheb I don't really like because it's a bit too busy looking and hard to figure out what it's meant to be an first.

Jedi2016

Amount of bots today is insane. How the fuck is there not a report button in the game?
I was wondering about that, after the game I just had. He had lethal during the last five turns but didn't take it, letting me peck away at him, and he eventually killed himself by attacking my Reckless Rocketeer (instead of, you know... hitting me in the face for lethal). No player can be that damn stupid.

scy

I was wondering about that, after the game I just had. He had lethal during the last five turns but didn't take it, letting me peck away at him, and he eventually killed himself by attacking my Reckless Rocketeer (instead of, you know... hitting me in the face for lethal). No player can be that damn stupid.

Honestly, I'd think that a player before a bot.

Because it's free to play anything they do will be worked around.

that depends on the goals of the botters. since they can't just sell gold they have to sell entire accounts. or it's someone who's using it to just unlock golden heroes or get gold for cards. aggressively banning accounts that use bots should slow things down a lot.

ViviOggi

that depends on the goals of the botters. since they can't just sell gold they have to sell entire accounts. or it's someone who's using it to just unlock golden heroes or get gold for cards. aggressively banning accounts that use bots should slow things down a lot.
Yup, there's nothing to gain when you can't keep that account for longer than a week. Some people will still do it but, given Blizzard's detection is up to snuff, it won't be anywhere close to the current situation, especially at the higher ranks.

i've slipped down to around rank 9 because i'm real bad at playing this hunter secret deck and there sure are a lot of people with golden heros and all golden cards down here.

Triz

That feeling when your opponent in arena plays angry chicken as his first card and isn't a priest. (I won on turn 5)

ShinNL

Need to do Warrior 5 wins daily.

*has no Warrior deck*

*quickly makes a control Warrior deck*

5 wins straight in a row

Wat?

I don't even have Brawl and Shield Slam. RIP Hunter, RIP Zoo, RIP Druid, RIP Shaman

Zemm

twice now I've had 100% guaranteed lethal and the game has disconnected me and hasn't reconnected, just closed itself down. Fucking useless.

been playing hunter all morning and been seeing the mirror match a lot. it's basically up to whoever draws flares and unleashes. i lost to a player who missed 8 points of damage over the match because i didn't draw any of those cards in the top half of my deck and they drew all 4. =\

Arena in this game has got to be one of the most shit concepts i've ever seen in a game. Pick mage, get absolute garbage to choose from on every draft. Play a mage mirror.

Started off slow for the first few turns....then he plops down an Ethereal Arcanist with a secret...secret turns out to be duplicate, then Nat Pagle which gave him a card 100% for the next 5 turns until the round was over, very next turn was fucking Antonidas.....next turn blizzard, then it gnomish mind tech which took my best card on the field, plus a fucking mountain giant.

I got 1 arcane explosion as my only aoe, 0 flamestrikes, 0 fireballs and the best card I was given during the draft was a single Argent Commander.

Great design Blizz. Don't even want to do the 3rd game, god knows how much more ridiculous this shit can get.

Zemm

Reynads hunter deck is just stupid. Completely stupid.

When it works, it's absolutely hilarious how quick you can end a match. I'm seeing quite a few decks setting up to counter it already though, prob since there's so many hunters. Hunter v Hunter is such a dumb matchup though.

Arena in this game has got to be one of the most shit concepts i've ever seen in a game. Pick mage, get absolute garbage to choose from on every draft. Play a mage mirror.

Started off slow for the first few turns....then he plops down an Ethereal Arcanist with a secret...secret turns out to be duplicate, then Nat Pagle which gave him a card 100% for the next 5 turns until the round was over, very next turn was fucking Antonidas.....next turn blizzard, then it gnomish mind tech which took my best card on the field, plus a fucking mountain giant.

I got 1 arcane explosion as my only aoe, 0 flamestrikes, 0 fireballs and the best card I was given during the draft was a single Argent Commander.

Great design Blizz. Don't even want to do the 3rd game, god knows how much more ridiculous this shit can get.

not seeing how you drafted i'm guessing you made a lot of mistakes. there isn't anything inherently wrong with the mode you just need to learn how to be good at it. which won't happen if you always blame blizzard for your losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom