• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerubians are the live race. When undead, they're called Crypt Fiends(or Crypt Lords). That's also why they don't have an Undead tag, they're not undead. Now lore-wise, it makes little sense that you'd fine Nerubian eggs in Naxxramas, since the Nerubian are at war with the Lich King's army. Maybe they kept eggs to kill the Nerubian when they hatch and raise them again as undeads.

More important than lore are balancing reasons. They've basically decided that balance > lore and they'll label what is a beast and what isn't based on that.

Right wasn't talking about the beast thing, more like live vs undead and why they come out of eggs. Nerubian aren't beasts regardless. Nerubian being beasts would be the same as Tauren being beasts(imagine Cairne as a beast ^^).

ShinNL

Pulled of a (topdecked) Leeroy Reincarnate Reincarnate Windfury.

I feel dirty now.

----

Playing Deathlord twice against a control warrior... I'm sorry.
fpjBfg9.jpg

---

On another note: Spectral Knight is like Legendary level when you put it down. It's such an amazing card. It will force out everything of your opponent, or it will be left alone so you can use your minion however you want. I can imagine a dream Turn 5-6-7 with Spectral Knight into Cairne into Earth Elemental with Ancestral Spirit, but then I can't think of good ways to fill the first 4 turns. Warrior has awesome awesome removals and great ways to armor up, I wish I could think of a way to do the same for Shaman. Since Shaman is too single-hittery instead of wirlwindery like Warrior, maybe something like Unstable Ghoul and Forked Lightning might be good.

Tarazet

I wouldn't bet on that.

When it comes to botting, Blizzard is always big with words, small with actions.

The thing is that they ban in waves.. so as soon as the wave goes out, they can make new accounts that will not be banned until the next wave. It's a ridiculous policy that completely ruined the Diablo III auction house.

The only card that I still think should be Beast is Chillwind Yeti...
But I also know that would make a lot of people very, very upset lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chillwind Yeti as Beast would cause the playerbase to RIOT.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What golden legendary would you guys craft? Got a bit of dust and I feel like getting one. lol

Rag, TBK, Cairne, Sylvanas, or Leeroy (depending on the decks you play). These are probably the most commonly used though so you'll get the most bang for your buck :).

Cipherr

Chillwind Yeti as Beast would cause the playerbase to RIOT.

Real talk. Its my favorite card in the game man. Its just such a great 4 drop. For a card like that to be made a beast would be insane. It couldn't possibly have any more upsides than it currently does without the player base going crazy.

Rag, TBK, Cairne, Sylvanas, or Leeroy (depending on the decks you play). These are probably the most commonly used though so you'll get the most bang for your buck :).

I play mainly Warrior so I was looking at Rag, Gromm, or Cairne. Tirion is tempting since I play some Pally too.

Tacitus_

warrior needs silences I guess

He just answered it on stream... apparently it's for situations where you don't have any minions and they have a single big minion.

I can see the logic... but I wouldn't personally run it (trick question, I have only one of the legs needed for control warrior). Then again I'm nowhere near his rank so what do I know.

no it makes sense. there are a lot of control warriors and hunters on ladder and you get things like rag or highmane played onto an empty board all the time.

Jrmint

wow I finally got around to running that new Hunter deck with the mad scientists and traps. Good lord that deck is strong, if not broken. Just demolished 3 straight opponents.

Makes me a little sad that this current meta doesn't favor Druids much. Both my ramp and token variants have not been successful at all.

Tacitus_

no it makes sense. there are a lot of control warriors and hunters on ladder and you get things like rag or highmane played onto an empty board all the time.

Yeah, it makes sense, but I think it's too random. If you hit a highmane for example and roll bad, all you've done is silenced it. Obviously better against bigger stuff where the card text is more important.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been gone three days.

What's new?

Haunted

Kill Command beats everything as far as ugly cards go.
That's more a problem with the artist (Gabe from PA) than the laziness of the animation, though. :p

I'm sorry what? that is one swag turtle.
Man, don't even say that. If enough of the community treats the shittiness of the card animation as a hilarious in-joke, Blizzard will just run with it instead of improving on it. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom