• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the money to spend its amazing.

How many GBs do people typically get for their tablet?

Is this only available storage space or does it somehow have an effect on performance?

I see there's 16, 32, 64, and 128, but the 128gb is like 780 bucks...I was hoping for something along the lines of 500 or less..I see the 16 is 480.

Ennoia

Banned
HAHAHA the card packs on iPad are FAR MORE EXPENSIVE THAN PC VERSION

40 packs sold for $64.99 on iPad while $49.99 on PC

edit: Sorry for misleading, so it's the normal price for AUS

The prices on the iPad Hearthstone in the UK are £1.99 for 2, £6.99 for 7, £13.99 for 15 and £34.99 for 40. These are the same as the prices on the PC and Mac. So there's no difference here at all.

Wait my prices in US are the exact same. I can't tell if that's been established or not. 2 packs for 2.99 and 40 packs for 49.99.

Xater

How many GBs do people typically get for their tablet?

Is this only available storage space or does it somehow have an effect on performance?

I see there's 16, 32, 64, and 128, but the 128gb is like 780 bucks...I was hoping for something along the lines of 500 or less..I see the 16 is 480.

It's just storage space. Has no affect on performance. I uses one with 32 GB and I am never close to filling that up. Had a 16 GB iPad 3 before and that could get tricky. Your mileage may vary though.

Xater

HAHAHA the card packs on iPad are FAR MORE EXPANSIVE THAN PC VERSION

40 packs sold for $64.99 on iPad while $49.99 on PC

LOL looks like these fuckers don't want to eat the Apple cut. This would mean that if you want to buy something with real money you should do it in PC/Mac.

Robin64

It's $64.99 for 40 packs on the Australian iTunes store, which is probably what it already is in Australia for on the PC/Mac.

It's just storage space. Has no affect on performance. I uses one with 32 GB and I am never close to filling that up. Had a 16 GB iPad 3 before and that could get tricky. Your mileage may vary though.

Cool..ty for the feedback...looks like a 32 is a good fit then..greatly appreciated.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
fyi, setting up a canadian account isn't too bad. took me like 5 minutes from the PC. Now just waiting for it to hit the canadian store.

BlizzardCSEU said:
"We will be performing an emergency maintenance beginning on Thursday, April 3, from 03:00 CEST to 07:00 CEST. Sorry for the short notice."

Something launch related? Or probably just after today's issues.

Edit: They deleted that and made a new tweet stating it was for WOW. My bad.

ShinNL

Damn, I just got my first Preparation. Don't have Leeroy, Bloodmage Thalnos or VanCleef, so I tried to make a deck with poor man's replacements. It was okay-ish but clearly lacked that crucial lethal damage.

So then I tweaked it more into a different direction and now the deck plays amazingly to my surprise :O

I just beat a Druid, Warlock Zoo, Warlock Giants and aggro Hunter with it, with every game being quite easy.

Worth checking out if you lack the same Legendaries but have most of the cards I put in this Rogue deck.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/41789-cant-afford-miracle

Xater

Can dollar vs us? Idk. Makes no diff to me anyways. But does seem people shouldn't pay on ipad

Apple takes a30% cut of every sale and that price hike looks suspiciously close.

Cool..ty for the feedback...looks like a 32 is a good fit then..greatly appreciated.

Non problem. Right now I still have 11GB free with all my apps, comics and some films on it. I think it's probably enough for most people.

Robin64

Bleh, yeah, higher price. Ah well, no reason to purchase cards on the iPad version then, unless you get an iTunes voucher as a gift or something.

GeeDuhb

I started a new thread on the iPad app here.

I have confirmed that if you get the app, you can log into it from this US. This only requires signing up for an Australian iTunes account (this might be useful in the future as well, seeing as Australia seems to be a popular market recently for doing a "limited release" sort of beta)

I will add the instructions shortly on how to make an account, in the iPad thread.

Apple takes a30% cut of every sale and that price hike looks suspiciously close.

Non problem. Right now I still have 11GB free with all my apps, comics and some films on it. I think it's probably enough for most people.

I just saw the Ipad Mini 32gb for 339 at Amazon...It says the screen is 7.9 as opposed to 9.7....The resolution is less...

In your opinion, would I be making a mistake with the mini? Is it known to be bad, or just too small?

the problem with what you and minsc are suggesting is that, what happens when IAP sales fall off a cliff, like they do for every collectible game? your expected frequency of expansions would basically mean they have to go (numbers from my ass) like 6-9 months without any major revenue once those sales fall off. Hence why CCGs see fast updates.

The other thing I don't understand from you guys is that the reason PC/console games SEE new content at a snail's pace, is because there is usually considerable programming and design aspects that have to happen not to mention a ton of technical QA.. much of which is largely absent from updates to a game like this. You have art (which I am sure there's a TON of existing 2D art at blizzard), maybe a new mechanic or two, and then a ton of cards all working within the existing mechanics (plus the new ones). Nowhere near the hurdles your typical DLC has to clear before seeing release.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong. On the contrary, if you are right I'm simply saying I don't see how blizz will be able to keep this service profitable. they need money coming in, and frankly it comes from guys like me. Well, after $500 so far, I'm done, and that's an outrageous amount I know. Which means people paying less are more likely to be done paying even quicker. Not sure how yuo guys see money continuing to come in at a rate to keep the game/service afloat based on how often you expect new paid content to be released.

I think Blizzard knows how to handle IAPs pretty well. Just looking at WOW it made top 10 in revenue based on IAPs in 2013. And AFAIK the game barely has IAPs.

F2Ps are also much different than your standard retail PC game. They are games run as a service and are updated with new content much more frequently than retail games.

There will be new content, but not expansion sized content. More bite sized. Also since the ipad release is rolling out now (limited region availability right now), we'll probably see adventure mode pretty soon which comes with some cards.

I think they'll also show that they'll be monetizing the game on more than just a card sale/arena entry basis.

Xater

I just saw the Ipad Mini 32gb for 339 at Amazon...It says the screen is 7.9 as opposed to 9.7....The resolution is less...

In your opinion, would I be making a mistake with the mini? Is it known to be bad, or just too small?

At that price it has to be the old Mini which I would not recommend getting at this point. Old chipset and no retina screen. If you need to save money get the current Mini but personally I like the bigger screen more. It's better for reading websites and comics.

At that price it has to be the old Mini which I would not recommend getting at this point. Old chipset and no retina screen. If you need to save money get the current Mini but personally I like the bigger screen more. It's better for reading websites and comics.

Cool..I'll go with the Air then...What is considered to be the newest? Which generation are they on now?

Oh man it looks and plays so good on my iPad Air. They gave me a free pack too for playing my first game. They called it an iPack which is a little funny. Fully featured too and no issues dispatching my first online game.

Here's the 32 Air I found. Is this the current gen model? Is this the one you'd recommend to get??? http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD789LL-Wi-Fi-White-Silver/dp/B00G2Y5YIG

Here's that mini I was talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-MD532LL-Wi-Fi-White/dp/B00746WCEA/ref=psdc3_t2_B00G2Y5YIG_B00746WCEA

Thanks for your help in this..

Emarv

Oh man it looks and plays so good on my iPad Air. They gave me a free pack too for playing my first game. They called it an iPack which is a little funny. Fully featured too and no issues dispatching my first online game.
When you're logged into the iPad version, does it kick you out of the PC one?

I could never play during my college classes because my MacBook Air fans would make noise.

Now they'll never hear me. NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW!!

Oh no..You got to keep on going...Ain't nobody gonna break my stride..except an aggro hunter full of bomb secrets.

Brakara

Other countries don't have prices in US dollars though. For example, in Europe 40 packs are €45 on battle.net, which is quite a bit more than $50.

Robin64

The prices on the iPad Hearthstone in the UK are £1.99 for 2, £6.99 for 7, £13.99 for 15 and £34.99 for 40. These are the same as the prices on the PC and Mac. So there's no difference here at all.

Brakara

It's cute that Americans think we already pay the same low price as them though.

Ennoia

Banned

Well thank you for confirm this, I thought the price at App Store should follow my credit card in US. Good to see the price have no difference in different platforms.

F1nrgVV.jpg

Looks real nice on the iPad.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Cool..I'll go with the Air then...What is considered to be the newest? Which generation are they on now?
Air is the current gen. We are about at the halfway point between gens. New ones should be out in Oct/Nov so it's just deciding if you want to jump in now or what for the next ones. Obviously the next ones will have an A8X chip with a faster PowerVR GPU giving it more beef. and likely TouchID which before the last minor update was pretty solid, and since the update has been near flawless. To me Touch ID on the next iPad will be the biggest omfg feature. I cringe unlocking or buying apps on my iPad and having to enter my passwords.

Minsc

Gold Member
Hopefully other regions follow like in a couple days, makes little sense to me, but guess I was wrong! Still makes no sense. Look forward to new iPad players joining the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom