• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Runs like an absolute dream on my new little iPad Mini Retina. And looks gorgeous to boot.

Couple of bugs, mind. The disenchant button doesn't seem to work on here. Also, if you have some packs to open, it takes a while to populate the little red box with the number on the menu screen, leading to a good few seconds of what seems like a freeze.

Emarv

So I assume you always have to have an Internet connection on iPad even if you're just playing the AI? If your connection drops, it drops?

Hopefully other regions follow like in a couple days, makes little sense to me, but guess I was wrong! Still makes no sense. Look forward to new iPad players joining the game :)

It is like a miniature test period to release in smaller markets. Screwing up there will mean less loss compared to screwing up in a larger market like US/europe

Minsc

Gold Member
So I assume you always have to have an Internet connection on iPad even if you're just playing the AI? If your connection drops, it drops?

Just like on PC, yup. No one plays the AI really, after the initial few hours or so.

Just like on PC, yup. No one plays the AI really, after the initial few hours or so.

I'll play against the expert AI if I'm testing a build..If I can beat the expert AI reliably, then I figure I know enough, and the build is good enough, to take it into ranked where the real test begins.

Ennoia

Banned
Runs like an absolute dream on my new little iPad Mini Retina. And looks gorgeous to boot.

Couple of bugs, mind. The disenchant button doesn't seem to work on here. Also, if you have some packs to open, it takes a while to populate the little red box with the number on the menu screen, leading to a good few seconds of what seems like a freeze.

The disenchant button works fine on my iPad 4, seems those bugs are peculiar to iPad mini.

Emarv

Yeah. Just wanted to double check. I'm chomping at the bit for any info.

Hoping the iPad version will give me the luck to finally crack Rank 10.

JesseZao

I guess I was wrong. I thought they'd have an offline mode for AI/adventure mode on ipad. Maybe they still will, but I don't really need a native application if I need a net connection to use it.

Finally, iPad! Have been taking a break from this game for the past month or so until the iPad version was released. Too bad I can't play for 9hours as I am stuck at work.

So the Ipad Mini Retina gets a thumbs up for HS play?

Is this the one you have http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Retina-Display-ME276LL-7-9-Inch/dp/B00GNKRFEA/ref=pd_sim_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1C4KXR277FW1SDT5R7HS

I ask because I'm looking for an Ipad specifically to play this and PvZ2 on...

9nN0Mou.gif

Robin64

So the Ipad Mini Retina gets a thumbs up for HS play?

Is this the one you have http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Retina-Display-ME276LL-7-9-Inch/dp/B00GNKRFEA/ref=pd_sim_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1C4KXR277FW1SDT5R7HS

I ask because I'm looking for an Ipad specifically to play this and PvZ2 on...

Yeah, that's the one. It's the same specs as the Air, just smaller. Runs everything the same. Even the resolution is the same, meaning the actual ppi is higher, too.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Oh man I screwed up the order of play vs sylvanas so badly I conceded even though I was winning by a landslide lol...

played rag before killing sylvanas... derp. I could have also hit face with the minion after I played rag and then accidentally hit sylvanas and he got rag... ffffffffffffffffuck. me. hah, I am over it though.

edit:
Just got two quick wins so I think I am not gonna rage quit life :D

br3wnor

Playing it on an iPad 3, runs better than I expected. Not perfect but no major framerate issues and only a few instances of slowdown most matches. LOVE the touch controls, I will not be booting up the PC/Mac version any time soon

Playing it on an iPad 3, runs better than I expected. Not perfect but no major framerate issues and only a few instances of slowdown most matches. LOVE the touch controls, I will not be booting up the PC/Mac version any time soon

I'm mostly jealous cause I have a stupid blackberry playbook which I thought would go places some 4 years ago when it came out.

Also, they'll probably take forever to get it out on android now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Running on iPad Air. My god. This is horrible. I mean the game runs flawlessly and is gorgeous at 2048x1536. The horrible part is losing my lunches. And my bed time. And bathroom breaks taking like 10 or 20 minutes now. And just my iPad sitting at the side of my desk at work all day begging for me to pick it up for a quick match.

Also got Black Knight from my iPack. Lol. So I'm now only needing 11 legendaries for a complete set (well, not including regulars for geblin or ETC, which I doubt I will ever craft either)

Living in US. Anyway to download this from the canadian app store now that won't mess anything up?
Same way iOS has always worked. Click the link in here and create a Canadian account. You need a different email address from your US one though. That's it. Just make sure your zip code and province match up. Once you login to that account on your device that device is then immediately authorized for that account. The account is tied to that country's store.

Running on iPad Air. My god. This is horrible. I mean the game runs flawlessly and is gorgeous at 2048x1536. The horrible part is losing my lunches. And my bed time. And bathroom breaks taking like 10 or 20 minutes now. And just my iPad sitting at the side of my desk at work all day begging for me to pick it up for a quick match.

Also got Black Knight from my iPack. Lol. So I'm now only needing 11 legendaries for a complete set (well, not including regulars for geblin or ETC, which I doubt I will ever craft either)

Same way iOS has always worked. Click the link in here and create a Canadian account. You need a different email address from your US one though. That's it. Just make sure your zip code and province match up. Once you login to that account on your device that device is then immediately authorized for that account. The account is tied to that country's store.

You get a free pack from logging in from ipad?

edit:
If so, time to borrow an ipad lol

borghe

You get a free pack from logging in from ipad?

edit:
If so, time to borrow an ipad lol
I don't remember if it said playing or winning. But yeah it gives you a free pack on your account. Says something like "Thank you for playing Hearthstone on iPad. Enjoy your free iPack for playing/winning" or something like that.

started playing this the other day... beat the ai folks no problem... but expert im getting my butt kicked...

still just using default starting mage deck... getting steamrolled by paladin expert... any general tips?

started playing this the other day... beat the ai folks no problem... but expert im getting my butt kicked...

still just using default starting mage deck... getting steamrolled by paladin expert... any general tips?

1. Beat all regular AI characters and level each one to lvl 10. This way you get used to the different playing styles, plus unlock all standards cards for all characters, and unlock all the characters.

2. Then move on to beating each expert AI character once...You get extra gold for this.

3. Consider buying a 50 dollar starter pack of cards...It really helps jump start everything and gives you more options for different builds.

4. Once you have an idea of character you like, find a reliable build online. People know what works and tips for each strategy/build...Use them.

5. Once you can beat expert AI reliably, then go on ranked and try out your luck..

I think you just made the jump from regular AI to expert too quick...there's a lot to learn in between..

Just placed my order for a 16gb Ipad Mini w/retina display...Should be here Friday...Can't wait to try HS out in a portable fashion..and discreetly at work..lol

borghe

Is this new (youtube)? I don't remember seeing this at all when I started.
The blizzard thing at the very first screen, yes. The cinematic though has been there since open beta at least.

All apps are required to have a static loading screen per App Store guidelines. So I'm guessing that's why the blizzard sign post at the very beginning. Otherwise yeah same as PC since at least open beta.

Minsc

Gold Member
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific, I meant the whole part against all the different cards. I probably just forgot about it then, it has been a while, I only remembered fighting the AI heroes when I started, basic then expert, didn't remember fighting all those minions.

Slayerx

Just bought an ipad air yesterday. Holy shit this plays amazing. Also you the chat is actually somewhat nice on a tablet lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember fighting Hogger and thinking "god this is taking too long".

The game is probably really good as an ipad app cause most mobile app games I've played are terrible. Like simply terrible. Angry birds makes most apps look like pooh and angry birds itself is pooh.

Just had the closest match vs zoo lock I've ever had. Came down to me having 1 hp vs 11 while he had 3 minions on board. Sapped one, ran sylvanas into the other which stole his argent commander. I brought him down to 3 hp because of that. So he has 1 dead card (the card I sapped was flame imp which would have killed him if played) in hand. And 2 chances to get his last soulfire or doomguard or argent commander or whatever deals 1 damage. He didn't :D

Haines

Banned
So I used to be afraid I wouldn't enjoy card games BC so many cards would make it too complex too enjoy but after getting into hs I realize that so many cards keep the games from being the same and that's its charm

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific, I meant the whole part against all the different cards. I probably just forgot about it then, it has been a while, I only remembered fighting the AI heroes when I started, basic then expert, didn't remember fighting all those minions.
it was there when i started on pc a few weeks ago after official launch. dont know in open beta.

So I used to be afraid I wouldn't enjoy card games BC so many cards would make it too complex too enjoy but after getting into hs I realize that so many cards keep the games from being the same and that's its charm

And some people think the game needs more cards for variety. They aren't wrong. But I think Blizzard is being smart by not adding too much content right away. They're aiming at bringing a lot of new people into the game and too many cards can get overwhelming.

And some people think the game needs more cards for variety. They aren't wrong. But I think Blizzard is being smart by not adding too much content right away. They're aiming at bringing a lot of new people into the game and too many cards can get overwhelming.

Definitely agree. Granted lots of people have played the beta, but this game just released, and imo, that's who you cater to. Plenty of people just started, and will start, to play this...There's absolutely no need to add more cards in for at least another 6 months if you ask me...Maybe even longer.

the whole, "easy to learn, difficult to master" aspect is what makes HS such a great game..

dorkimoe

I didn't care for this game on PC. But bet your ass I will enjoy it on iPad. Now if only they would just release it in the us

lmao, some zoolock deck had millhouse. He used him around turn 7 (I've been dominating him all game btw). And all I did was free sap him and assassinate another minion. He played him next turn again and I got a free eviscerate.

I haven't actually gotten to use free spells before, even though I've seen him a few sparse times it just didn't happen when I had spells to bust out.

A nice match to end the night on though. Especially after being frustrated in the last 2 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom