• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Man I suck today, and I also suck with the coin it seems. Tried tracking my stats for 5 arena runs and I ended up with an abysmal 40% win rate. I'm used to going 5+ wins. Regarding the coin thing though, I had 8 games going first, and fucking 17 games going second, with 62.5% win rate for going first and 29.41% for going second. Fuck me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What rank are you? If you're around 20-15, the people leaving could be farming gold. Winning a match, then quickly conceding the next, playing normal, then conceding to de-rank yourself can put you against weaker opponents which results in quick wins. A lot of people do it for the golden Hero portraits.

Yeah I just started ranked after a long break to go play a bunch of other games so I'm at Rank 19 where that's very conceivable.

Just played an arena Mage with Deathwing, Hogger. and Gruul. I don't think my deck even has an epic.

What the actual fuck.

happens sometimes. I got cenarius and alex in druid draft, once. that was rad. the best was when I got 2 black knights and I ruined a druid's double ironbark dreams.

Dreavus

happens sometimes. I got cenarius and alex in druid draft, once. that was rad. the best was when I got 2 black knights and I ruined a druid's double ironbark dreams.

Yeah, I know lots of decks don't ever see legendaries, but I never realized it could swing so far in the other direction.

I can think of one draft where I got 3 legendaries. it's super rare.

I wonder if it's technically possible to get 30 or if only certain rounds during the draft can be legendary.

Minsc

Gold Member
Earth Elemental with Ancestral Spirit pretty much shuts down Warlock Zoo lol. Trades like at least 5 to 2, maybe 6 or 7 to 2.

Nibiru

Banned
I really do think making a one time purchase of 40 packs is a really good idea. Sure it's not needed but I think of it like buying the game for $50 which is fine for the amount I plan on playing it. That initial purchase can get you a ton of great cards that make deck building really fun and even if the Legendaries you get suck you can d/e and if you want craft one really great one.

Again you can chip away at it and go f2p all teh way and I did that for a good while but making that one time purchase has really made the game so much more fun.

Haunted

Infuriating if you have anti-control and anti-aggression cards in your deck, but draw the wrong curve for the respective matchup. First I was stuck with too much removal and not enough board presence against a control Paladin, then I draw 4 late game cards in a row against a Murlock.

sigh

The game really has not been kind to me these last few days.

Minsc

Gold Member
Got to love that free iPad expert pack:

4cGgqG1.png

I had a theory after seeing everyone post legendary cards from their iPad pack from the soft launch... and it hasn't been broken yet. :)

Nugg

I had a theory after seeing everyone post legendary cards from their iPad pack from the soft launch... and it hasn't been broken yet. :)

No legendary from my pack. One rare, everything else common.

The performance on my 3rd gen iPad is disappointing :(

Ace 8095

Just played an arena Mage with Deathwing, Hogger. and Gruul. I don't think my deck even has an epic.

What the actual fuck.
Assuming the odds of getting a legendary is 1/100 card picks in the draft then the odds of facing a deck with at least three legendaries is 1/301.

Special C

Flamestrike #1: Knew it.

Flamestrike #1: Anticipated it.

Flamestrike #1: Kinda feared it would happen.

Flamestrike #1: Got completely wiped by it.

Flamestrike #1: Stared blankly at my screen.

I actually beat a guy who flamestriked me 6 times. Probably worked against him to have so many, if you keep wiping the board you never really have a full board to wipe again. Didn't help him that I drafted an arena deck with lots of card draw.

Dawg

With the iPad release, I'm considering to finally play this game. I'm already playing every other Blizzard game out there, just not sure if I will like this one.

I've played a couple of other card games and the stuff just gets too complex at times for me. Is there enough explanation in this game? Like, I never used to know how to build a decent deck in other games and I'd get facerolled by people with much better strategies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh, moved from community to gaming again?

TimeKillr

Yeaaaah no I got jack shit. People post screenshots when they get Legendaries, but not when they don't :)

I opened 10 packs 2 days ago for a grand total of ONE epic, the rest was all commons + 1 rare. Fun luck!

Haunted

Got two rares from the ipad pack.

Not sure if that counts!

With the iPad release, I'm considering to finally play this game. I'm already playing every other Blizzard game out there, just not sure if I will like this one.

I've played a couple of other card games and the stuff just gets too complex at times for me. Is there enough explanation in this game? Like, I never used to know how to build a decent deck in other games and I'd get facerolled by people with much better strategies.
It's probably the most accessible card game I've ever played. You'll get into it no problem and thanks to the game's popularity, there's tons of online resources to read up on strategy.

Naka

I got 3 freezing traps and no legendaries, so this is just pure luck.

Owzers

no legendary, one rare from ipack Xo. The game seems like a generic card game that i've played before, but with better presentation.

kaskade

My iPad 3 lags a little for sure. Seems like frame rate problems. Looks like I finally have a real reason to upgrade. Retina mini is looking pretty enticing

Wizman23

Banned
Wow this runs like dog shit on ipad 2. Kind of expected it but not THIS bad. Also how do I get my free pack? All I got was a free pack for buying Reaper of Souls I thought you got one as well for just using the ipad version

johnsmith

remember me
Sunshine/life coach/lion king/beasts acre, whatever you wanna call it, is the new flavor of the week. It's a midrange control hunter deck that has very few counters

Just tried this deck, even with my very limited collection and lots of substitutions it did pretty well. Got my 5 wins for the daily quest really quickly in casual. Not ready to try it on ranked until I have more cards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom