• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join us here

My recommendations

Nightfall
mzl.axlpfoze.320x480-75.jpg

Foodfight

mzl.njkavmxz.320x480-75.jpg

Ascension

mzl.ttrbtjds.320x480-75.jpg

Neuroshima Hex

mzl.dsqibyfy.320x480-75.jpg

Assassins Creed: Recollection (Might be removed)

mzl.qyvhzfvj.320x480-75.jpg

Cabals (free)

mzl.kpzrhdka.320x480-75.jpg

Shadow Era (free and cross platform multiplayer)

mzl.mtlolohf.320x480-75.jpg

Kard Combat (Spectromancer clone and free)

mzl.vetkqang.320x480-75.jpg

Summoner Wars (free)

mza_8183578244274899737.320x480-75.jpg

Spectromancer

Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil

mzl.gzdgrynp.320x480-75.jpg

Card City Nights ($2, Little Dew Devs)

screen568x568.jpeg

SolForge (free)

screen568x568.jpeg

If you got a iPad i would highly recommend Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. Its free.

screen480x480.jpeg

It has a better business model than Hearthstone and is pretty good. Has like 770 cards now.

Thanks I'll check a few of these out.

Sometime by the end of the year is all they're really committing to.

Expect the first adventure to be fully released and saturated in to the game before it hits Android I'd guess (which is due sometime in the summer).

Essentially this. Blizz seems to be working on the project one "part" at a time. Their most recent goal was to get iPad version out, with Naxxramus planned for the next priority after that. The question then is whether expansion will be next after that, or if phone/android versions are next up. They haven't been clear enough on this yet.

I wish they would just add controller support so I can play off my tv while lounging. I'm a bit too lazy to get it to work with my mouse since the cord isn't long enough nor would it be convenient.

GeeDuhb

LOL...I love when you turn the game around suddenly and you are about to attack with the minion that will knock the guy out (after you attacked with your other minions,) and instead of letting you win, they concede xD way to be a poor sport!

dorkimoe

The reason I'm going to end up quitting this game is mages. Between polymorph and 7 damage fireballs ... What's the point

Card Boy

Banned
I did the naughty thing and bought 15 packs. Only 1 legendary, a Gruul. Got acouple epics i wanted. Still no Doomhammers for my Shaman build.

Iceblade

LOL...I love when you turn the game around suddenly and you are about to attack with the minion that will knock the guy out (after you attacked with your other minions,) and instead of letting you win, they concede xD way to be a poor sport!

I don't consider this being a bad sport at all. You're saving the opponent time by conceding and letting them know they played well. I do it all the time.

scy

I don't consider this being a bad sport at all. You're saving the opponent time by conceding and letting them know they played well. I do it all the time.

Plus, most of the time the concede happens "right before the last attack" is simply because they concede when they see you have lethal but you've already buffered X amount of commands so it lets those go first.

inky

Which is the best way to earn cards? Play arena or buy boosters? Also how I grind arcane dust?

If you want to go free, let a few quests pile up and re-roll them daily to get the higher value ones. Let a bit of gold pile up and do arena mixed up with a few play mode matches here and there. 7 wins on arena gives you another run and a "free" pack, but only 3 wins is considered getting even.

I don't play super hardcore but try to play often and I'm sitting at 2k+ gold and can basically continue arena runs endlessly now (until I get the adventure mode wings I guess). I even bought 10 packs straight a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get anything significant so I don't think I'd be doing that again. I'm an average player too, so it's not like I'm gwtting 10+ wins every run.

Dust is a scarce resource so basically disenchant all repeats. Arena also awards dust or even cards but they suck ass most of the time. Other people disenchant everything they don't need if they plan on playing 1 or 2 classes only.

Obviously paying money for packs will put you ahead, and there are plenty of cards to get so it can still take a while. The upside is you'll amass greater dust quantities this way than just relying on arena packs.

I often do this, but it's not out of rage. It's because when I don't, I often find that the opponent spends a bunch of time showing off all the other cards they can play, even though they just need to attack with a given creature to win. I find that pretty annoying, so I concede as soon as I know I can't win.

Is Molten Giant worth using? If I'm low on health, he'll be cheap to use, but at that point I'd probably lose. Dusting him for 100 would be better, right?

inky

There are many ways to gain life back. Molten Giant is good, but it needs that synergy. If you are not planning to make a deck that uses it and think you could do better with another card then go for it. Just know it is not a bad card.

There are many ways to gain life back. Molten Giant is good, but it needs that synergy. If you are not planning to make a deck that uses it and think you could do better with another card then go for it. Just know it is not a bad card.

Hmm, thanks for the advice. I'll hold off on dusting, for now. Gonna play around with deck building.

Vio-Lence

Banned
What's the best counter to face hunters? Druids? That's all I seem to be playing against.

i think the aggro hunter has been replaced by the midrange "lifecoach" hunter. all the hunters are rocking houndmasters, highmanes, and muklas now. i think it became in vogue because some dude hit number 1 legendary on NA and EU servers with the deck.

from what i understand old school to the face hunter counters the midrange hunter pretty well.

Wow, that was amazing. Tried to Shadow Step Leroy, turned out to be a Spellbender. It put the 1/3 in the mages hand. Probably the best thing you can do with a targeted rogue spell.

Robin64

C7YKY5JDCWHO1397079491957.jpg

Behold . . . the power of friendship! Fireside Gatherings offer the opportunity to add the new “Fireside Friends” card back to your collection! This card back can be obtained by playing three matches against another player on the same network using the following criteria:

At least three people (including yourself) must be logged into Hearthstone on the same subnet.
Each match must be played against a player that is playing on the same subnet as you.
These matches can be played against your friends or using the Player Near Me feature, as long as the above two criteria are met.

The Fireside Friends card back will become available starting on Saturday, April 26th for a limited time! The last day that you can add the Fireside Friends card back to your collection will be announced at a later date. Be sure to attend a Fireside Gathering near you or utilize the Players Near Me feature in Hearthstone so you don’t miss out on this opportunity to collect this unique card back that’ll make you feel right at home.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13665271

jediyoshi

The reason I'm going to end up quitting this game is mages. Between polymorph and 7 damage fireballs ... What's the point

Rofl what the fuck am I even reading. They still get fucked over sideways by priests in anything past mid game, what is the point.

Robin64

That kind of sucks, I. Have so many gamer friends who live no where near me. Now I have to convince my live-near me friends to play hearthstone.

Do you yourself have three devices that can run Hearthstone? Because I imagine "cheating" will be as easy as creating new bnet accounts and playing against those people. Easy given it's free.

Kosma

Banned
Click the red X on the top right corner of the daily quest. You can only re-roll once a day. Always re-roll a 40G quest because you have the chance of getting a 60 or 100G one.

So much gold wasted over last fee months daaaamn

As someone who just started playing the game recently I definitely feel your pain.

I haven't spent any money at all and it seems like, at least in the early game, Mages are pretty dominant. From my understanding they get weaker as other classes begin to build stronger decks but yeah, at the start, Mage is definitely a force.

Uthred

Click the red X on the top right corner of the daily quest. You can only re-roll once a day. Always re-roll a 40G quest because you have the chance of getting a 60 or 100G one.

Cool, kicking myself for not realising that for literally months

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them

Been doing this every day and never have gotten anything but another 40. I read it is not a bad idea to leave a 40 sitting around so when you get your next one if it is a 60 or 100 you still have your one re-roll a day to use.

That said, I only get 40s.

Vyer

Never really spent time with CCGs before. Got this on the Air, so far it's enjoyable. I can see how addicting these games can be, but I can also see how it's a little intimidating if you aren't really up on the details and strategy. Still, I'm having fun getting started.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
on a good arena streak, 9-3, 10-3.

draft a killer mage deck. No fireballs, but polymorph, 2 flamestrikes, a couple reckless rocketeers, and just tons of quality 2/3/4 minions and terrific taunts.

first deck, a mage where I have board control with a 5/3, card advantage of 6 to 2, health advantage (22 to 11). He top decks Antonidas, the Arcane Missiles go all into my 5-3 (I know it's a 1/8 chance, but still), and then next turn plays pyro, leaving me at 12 and him with 2 fireballs.

then I played a priest with mind control and rag.

0-2... and pretty annoyed... I ran off an 8-win streak, beating ANOTHER Rag deck in Arena, and finally succumbing to a warrior who just out tempoed me to start on a rough draw.

ended up with a golden common, 25 dust, 160 gold and a pack that was 1 rare/4common dust.

still, fun win streak from 0-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom