• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Zoolock wasn't (isn't) a face deck. It was an early, overwhelming board control deck, so Zoo was a bit harder to play because it relies on smart value trading.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also last question, why didn't the hunter "poof, vanish, just like that!" after the buzzard nerf?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It took Face Hunter being a thing for people to admit there is some skill in zoolock.

If I could turn back time...

Also last question, why didn't the hunter "poof, vanish, just like that!" after the buzzard nerf?

Hunter just adapted. Hunter used to be big on insane swings with buzzard+UTH combos. Because hunter no longer has insane draw it just adapted to being about constant pressure and using the hero power to put people on a clock.

Hunter, uh, finds a way.

But it's mostly the Hero power. Being able to deal 2 for 2 without losing card advantage is strong. Really, really strong. The Hunter meta just switched from Midrange to Face with this change being expedited by the release of Undertaker.

ZealousD

Just opened a pack with Gruul. Dust time?
He seems too slow and everyone is running BGH.

He's pretty worthless in Constructed. I wonder if he would be good if he was a 6/6 that got +2/+2 each turn. At that point he would require an immediate response or you just die.

Sblargh

Banned
Game 5.
Still no Holy Nova.

"hey Sblargh, put me on the deck, you buy 1000 cards each match, I'll show up"
*never shows up*

Jerk.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yoooooooo

unleash the hound counters the shit out of everyone get in here

So doing good this arena run.

qPX4AxG.jpg

I do not think the deck is anything that spectacular, but you be the judge. Druid of the fang combo really has not happened much at all so far and poison seeds backfired in the Mage game. Lost a game to a Hunter because he got a Highmane out of my Deathlord which snowballed the game fast and a game to Mage because you know Mage with Kel Thuzad and Pyroblast.

I2oqe72.jpg

yoooooooo

unleash the hound counters the shit out of everyone get in here

Really? Seems with whirlwind and Death's bite it's not super effective, unless they have no taunt on board. The good thing about EVERYONE is that a lot removal (explosive trap, consecration, swipe, hounds) don't work. Hellfire, Flamestrike, Equality + Consecrate still do at least.

Yoshichan

No this was the scenario

Warrior had no taunt, he started GETTING IN HERE, massing his entire board with Patrons but without getting lethal.

I unleashed the hounds and killed him (no armor left)

Amzin

By the time Patrons flood the board, ULTH is probably enough to finish off the warrior with the 5-7 damage you can get from it on top of whatever else you're holding.

KePoW

Banned
No this was the scenario

Warrior had no taunt, he started GETTING IN HERE, massing his entire board with Patrons but without getting lethal.

ahh gotcha, yeah it's good in that case

do you have Leeroy?

KePoW

Banned
No this was the scenario

oh also, if you need another link + detailed guide to Face Hunter, I like this one:

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/hunter-face-aggro-rush-brm-deck

He gives some good info on specific cards and how to play. The only change in my deck is I prefer 2 Glaivezookas + 1 Eaglehorn (instead of 2 Eaglehorns)

If you don't have Leeroy, then just add a second Haunted Creeper

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nothing like a 2/3 getting pinged down by a mad bomber when I have a few things on the board.

how does ben brode sleep at night

Sblargh

Banned
The other day I got Alexzastra, now I got Onyxia, the game is either begging me for a dragon deck or showing me how many useless legendary dragons there are.

Sblargh

Banned
For those of you don't know Kepow, he has famous quote like "Is Brevik the guy who has a blood feud with the creator of diablo 3?"

Yoshichan

LOL wtf!

is he some famous internet caster? sounds kinda annoying haha
Haha, he's actually one of the key game designers for this game and he's apparently an awesome, fun guy :D!

Danj

I seriously don't understand this line of reasoning. You can get Dr. Boom without buying a single GvG pack.

Do tell. This would be the part where people have to save up 1600 dust to craft him, or something, yes? I've been playing for a couple of months now and I'm not even up to half that much dust. And I've only had one legendary from packs and it was Nat Pagle so I dusted it. Compared to that amount of effort I bet people are much more likely to drop a few quid/bucks/insert currency of choice here to buy some GvG packs.

KePoW

Banned
He's a game designer at blizzard that works on hearthstone.

Haha, he's actually one of the key game designers for this game and he's apparently an awesome, fun guy :D!

holy cow, a person like that actually is a designer on Hearthstone? hahha wow

Do tell. This would be the part where people have to save up 1600 dust to craft him, or something, yes? I've been playing for a couple of months now and I'm not even up to half that much dust. And I've only had one legendary from packs and it was Nat Pagle so I dusted it. Compared to that amount of effort I bet people are much more likely to drop a few quid/bucks/insert currency of choice here to buy some GvG packs.

Sure, nothing wrong with buying packs but what ZealousF is saying is that ur not actually hoping to specifically get Dr. Boom from any of those packs. You're basically just buying dust

gutshot

I've been having a lot of fun with Misdirection in Face Hunter. Everyone assumes it is Explosive Trap and figuring out ways to use that to your advantage is really fun. You'll get people not attacking you with a full board of 2 health minions or trading their low cost minions into yours and then confidently attacking your face with their remaining fatty only to have it hit them in their face instead. Best is when you can get a weapon-class to attack your face with their weapon and then have it hit and clear their own minion instead.

ZealousD

Getting the 1600 dust to craft him is so much easier than opening him in a pack. You guys act like you can just buy 5 packs BAM and all of a sudden you have Dr. Boom. This is nonsense.

KePoW

Banned
I've been having a lot of fun with Misdirection in Face Hunter. Everyone assumes it is Explosive Trap and figuring out ways to use that to your advantage is really fun. You'll get people not attacking you with a full board of 2 health minions or trading their low cost minions into yours and then confidently attacking your face with their remaining fatty only to have it hit them in their face instead. Best is when you can get a weapon-class to attack your face with their weapon and then have it hit and clear their own minion instead.

yeah I can see it definitely working sometimes, but haven't tried it myself yet

Like what? I'm curious as to what you're surprised about.

He just seems like a really annoying personality, wouldn't want to work with a person like that.

But I'm in Sales for a Home Builder so I get to sit in a model home office by myself all day long. So I can be choosy haha

gutshot

The thing with dust is you acquire it very slowly at the beginning because almost all the cards in your packs will be new. So saving up 1600 dust seems nearly impossible to you at this point. But once you've got all of the commons and most of the rares, most of the packs you get will be worth 40 or more dust. Tack on to that any dust acquired in arena runs and the odd golden card here and there and it all starts adding up fairly quickly.

KePoW

Banned
The thing with dust is you acquire it very slowly at the beginning because almost all the cards in your packs will be new. So saving up 1600 dust seems nearly impossible to you at this point. But once you've got all of the commons and most of the rares, most of the packs you get will be worth 40 or more dust. Tack on to that any dust acquired in arena runs and the odd golden card here and there and it all starts adding up fairly quickly.

yea this is a good point too, that a lot of new players may not realize at first

Yoshichan

Hey KePoW, just wanted to say that it's nice to have you in this thread :).

G'night everyone!

manhack

rant of the day:

why does zoolock get both thier implosions and i can't draw my consecrations...grrr

I still won...but maybe only because he couldn't draw doomguards

daemissary

I normally don't rage about RNG but the last 7 Implosions that have been played against me have all hit for 4 damage. So frustrating.

Dahbomb

I normally don't rage about RNG but the last 7 Implosions that have been played against me have all hit for 4 damage. So frustrating.
I always fucking hated Implosion but with this Zoo on steroids deck its fucking everywhere.

Watching Brian Kibler's stream and I shit you not he faced 5 Zoolocks and a Handlock in a row.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just unstable portaled prophet velen which let me drop him and shoot a 12 damage fireball right after. The RNG lord is sometimes nice.

LiveWire

Getting the 1600 dust to craft him is so much easier than opening him in a pack. You guys act like you can just buy 5 packs BAM and all of a sudden you have Dr. Boom. This is nonsense.

I opened a Golden Dr. Boom in my very first GVG pack.

feelsgoodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom