• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what happens when you play on both the PC and a mobile device at the same time?

I ask because my computer crashed mid game, I loaded up my tablet, and it was just the normal menu. The weird thing is I was at the same exact rank as before. Just kind of weird.

Lost a star while in a game, so that's interesting.

Levi

Banned
I've probably opened fewer than 25 packs on my F2P EU account, which is a week or so old, and I've opened two top tier legendaries: Antonidas in my second ever pack, and Sylvanas in the pack I opened today from doing my daily. I've also opened 3 epics, but one was hungry crab so I dusted it.

I feel really lucky.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just went 11-3 with this Shaman deck in arena.

AYlfoqY.jpg

Early game was really weak but when you have 2 Fireguard Destroyers and 4 Fire Elementals, it's pretty easy to catch up. As much as I recommend that you try and keep tempo in arena, sometimes raw value can get you pretty far.

Ferrio

Banned
Uh oh... what's the deal.

edit: Ah I see... well the other legerndaries I got weren't so good either if I remember right.

edit 2: What happens if you get 2 majordomos when the 2nd one dies?

Ferrio

Banned
To be honest the card isn't as bad in Arena but that card is one of the few cards that can downright lose you the game singlehandedly.

When Majordormo die your health total is set to 8.

Ya I forgot about that part.

Though what happens ifyou have 2 majordomos and say rag is at 4 health and the 2nd one dies?

Dahbomb

Ya I forgot about that part.

Though what happens ifyou have 2 majordomos and say rag is at 4 health and the 2nd one dies?
Will set your health to 8 again but let's be real son... how often are you going to have TWO Majordormos? Maybe with Kelthuzad I guess.

I think Majordomo is fine in arena honestly. Not great but fine. Won't straight up cost you games the same way he does in constructed. I think in arena if you end up losing as Ragnaros then more than likely you were behind on the board to start with when you played Majordomo. Probably the scariest thing you'll have to look out for is a Mage using Fireball. I'd be very hesitant to play it against a Mage that doesn't have an empty hand.

I think Majordomo is fine in arena honestly. Not great but fine. Won't straight up cost you games the same way he does in constructed. I think in arena if you end up losing as Ragnaros then more than likely you were behind on the board to start with when you played Majordomo. Probably the scariest thing you'll have to look out for is a Mage using Fireball. I'd be very hesitant to play it against a Mage that doesn't have an empty hand.

Majordomo will definitely cost you games in arena, just for the fact that you drew him when you could have drawn an actually useful card.

It is the same thing with the deathwing discussion discussed yesterday or something. Deathwing's cost is not that you can't ever find a good spot to use him, in likely some last desperate bid to win the game, but that he is literally a dead card 99% of the match. And maybe if that was a useful card, you wouldn't be in that dastardly spot where you win off him to begin with.

I think majordomo is only marginally better than deathwing because it is not necessarily an all in move to play him, like deathwing tends to be.

That all said, I might draft majordomo just for fun. I sometimes do stupid things like that.

Wow, I just had a match vs a midrange hunter that came down to the wire. 1hp. And every knife juggler hit hit face. It really should not have been that close to the wire, but knife juggler hit face twice and then he summoned a new KJ and that hit face again when I was at 4 hp with 3 minions on board.

Also, I put healbot in the deck to deal with the aggro mages and such, never seem to draw it vs them coincidentally. But against druid I seem to get all the wrong cards (still win those match ups when my draw is half decent).

I just made the biggest mistake of my entire Hearthstone career.

In Arena, milled this guy down cuz he had Fel Reaver. Got him to 1 health an conceded because he had lethal.

...He would've died from fatigue. I'm so fucking stupid.

Haunted

Blackrock Mountain DONE!

Fun last week. I think that was a really good expansion. Interesting fights, lots of flavour as usual. Good stuff.

Is Nefarian the card as bad as it appears on first glance? The cards it draws should probably be made cheaper like with Unstable Portal or something. Even then it's just not good enough or fast enough in this meta. There's a reason almost none of the 9 mana legendaries are played

Blackrock Mountain DONE!

Fun last week. I think that was a really good expansion. Interesting fights, lots of flavour as usual. Good stuff.

Is Nefarian the card as bad as it appears on first glance? The cards it draws should probably be made cheaper like with Unstable Portal or something. Even then it's just not good enough or fast enough in this meta. There's a reason almost none of the 9 mana legendaries are played

I am still working on unlocking the last wing with gold, but think of nefarian as a ysera that draws two (+) spells (+) immediately (+) that are random (-) that has more attack (+) but vulnerable to BGH (--). I think the positives outweigh the negatives personally, and guaranteed spells makes it a tad more reliable than the 1/5 chance to get what you want with ysera (with a huge caveat that it depends on what class you are facing and what you might benefit from getting). Ysera and nefarian I think are comparable in strength and ysera is a damn good card. Ysera is right for a slower type deck and nefarian is better for a faster deck.

That is the analysis I am sticking by, until at least I try it out. The variance of the card vs the class you're facing matters a lot as well. I'll be trying nefarian out in rogue. Spells in the late game is prime real estate for rogues, heck - most classes tbh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blackrock Mountain DONE!

It can have some clutch moments but I don't think it's worth it enough to run such an otherwise slow card. The statline hurts it a lot with BGH everywhere.

But, goddammit, do I want to get a sacrifical pact on jaraxxus one day.

Haunted

I am still working on unlocking the last wing with gold, but think of nefarian as a ysera that draws two (+) spells (+) immediately (+) that are random (-) that has more attack (+) but vulnerable to BGH (--). I think the positives outweigh the negatives personally, and guaranteed spells makes it a tad more reliable than the 1/5 chance to get what you want with ysera (with a huge caveat that it depends on what class you are facing and what you might benefit from getting). Ysera and nefarian I think are comparable in strength and ysera is a damn good card. Ysera is right for a slower type deck and nefarian is better for a faster deck.

That is the analysis I am sticking by, until at least I try it out. The variance of the card vs the class you're facing matters a lot as well. I'll be trying nefarian out in rogue. Spells in the late game is prime real estate for rogues, heck - most classes tbh.
All the Ysera cards are really good, though, while Nefarian just might net you 2 garbage spells. Ysera will always get you 1 card guaranteed and very often 2 or more.

And in which deck would Ysera be too slow but Nefarian is just right? There aren't many decks I can think of that fit Ysera these days, but Nefarian isn't really that much faster. Faster control oriented decks with finishers will probably prefer Ragnaros or Alex anyway.

While we're on the topic of big dragons, I might even choose Cromaggus over Nefarian. It draws you more cards you know are good (because they're in your deck instead of random spells), isn't vulnerable to BGH and has synergy with other card draw cards. The biggest drawback of Chromaggus is that it doesn't do anything the turn it's played, which is... kind of a big one. >_>

Haunted

It can have some clutch moments but I don't think it's worth it enough to run such an otherwise slow card. The statline hurts it a lot with BGH everywhere.

:D

It'll just net you Corruption and Demonfire instead. >_>

Dahbomb

That's the dream of dream.

I want to play Nefarian in my Dragon Pally just for that reason. One of these day I will hit someone's Jaraxxus with it, screenshot and post it on GAF then never play that card again.

As far as the big dragons go, I would rank them the following:

Alex (very good in Dragon Pally as well) > Ysera > Chromaggus > Onyxia >>>>> Nefarian > Malygos >>>> Deathwing >>>>> Nozdormu

Onyxia has a place in the Tempo Dragon Paladin deck that I posted a while back. It synergies with Vigil and Drake.

Papercuts

:D

It'll just net you Corruption and Demonfire instead. >_>

In the few games I tried it I've gotten Twisting Nether, Demonheart, double sense demons:)|), soulfire, and shadowflame.

I think the only good pull I've had so far was against a paldin where I got Blessing of Might and Blessed Champion for massive damage and I want to tell myself it was amazing but I had lethal in hand without it.

But yeah, I dropped Nefarian from the dragon deck I've been messing around with for now. Ysera just fits better in the slot to me.

All the Ysera cards are really good, though, while Nefarian just might net you 2 garbage spells. Ysera will always get you 1 card guaranteed and very often 2 or more.

I know. It was part of my analysis. There is variance. But don't mistake ysera for 5 good cards you always want. In fact, the the two minions are generally bad, dream is... by no means great either. It is really ysera awakens and nightmare that you want and that makes it a 2/5 chance. Really depends on the board state, but you generally only have a 2/5 chance to get what you want simply because you usually want either a minion or a spell.

And in which deck would Ysera be too slow but Nefarian is just right? There aren't many decks I can think of that fit Ysera these days, but Nefarian isn't really that much faster. Faster control oriented decks with finishers will probably prefer Ragnaros or Alex anyway.

There are a lot of decks where ysera fits.

Nefarian is a late game minion with a larger leaning towards faster impact and trying to close out games. This is just logic. The higher attack and faster card draw make it meant for faster decks. A deck with 29 cards + ysera is just in fact slower than the same deck with nefarian. 8 attack vs 4 attack, 2 spells immediately whereas with ysera you have to wait til next turn to get the spell and the turn after that to get the second one.

While we're on the topic of big dragons, I might even choose Cromaggus over Nefarian. It draws you more cards you know are good (because they're in your deck instead of random spells), isn't vulnerable to BGH and has synergy with other card draw cards. The biggest drawback of Chromaggus is that it doesn't do anything the turn it's played, which is... kind of a big one. >_>

Chromaggus is even slower than ysera, other than being capable of being played a turn earlier, but sure. Why not try it out.

I recall playing against a paladin who played chrommagus on turn 6 against me. It was a slightly stronger boulderfist ogre.

I remember this match. In the end I dark iron skulkered after he played muster for battle + dagger hit on his blackwing corruptor to clear board. He conceded after that since I had 5 minions and loatheb's battlecry + him with only 2 cards in hand.

(kinda) FUCK YOU BLIZZARD

He was already the most recent fucker I pulled. Now I have a gold and normal piece of shit to send in the grinder.

edit: oh my god I pulled an archmage antonidias a few packs later

Please tell me this is a tasteless joke. I haven't even pulled a single legendary in over a month and I haven't gotten a single golden legendary all year and you get 2 in one pack...

Papercuts

Please tell me this is a tasteless joke. I haven't even pulled a single legendary in over a month and I haven't gotten a single golden legendary all year and you get 2 in one pack...

I've been playing hearthstone for just about a year now and this is the first gold legendary I've EVER got, I just about died when I heard it for both of them.

And yeah I'm not really serious about that, lol. I'm super happy since I can just make him into any other one.

Anilones

Is there a Friend list somewhere here? I've got the spectator quest and want to complete it. My name in game is Anilones if not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what happened to KePoW :/?

manhack

rant

why is it when i am doing my warrior dailies I get 4 mech mages in a row? (and 5 mages in the last 8 games)

did I miss the memo?

I was thinking ooh this might be a freeze mage..muhahaha..."hello, hello, hello"

/rant

edit: 5 Mech mages in a ROW..wtf

So I was in a situation where the Mage's Sneed dropped a Gallywix, but the mage had no cards left. I was Priest and had 2 Mind Visions. I cast one Mind Vision, which gave me a coin and put a mind vision in the Mage's Hand. Then I casted my second mind vision which put an additional mind vision in the Mage's hand but which also gave me mind vision and another coin. I kept repeating this process in hopes of filling up the Mage's hand for giggles, but I stopped getting mind visions back after about four repetitions, although I got a coin on the last one. Is there some kind of hard stop coded in to stop these kind of silly plays?

Rapstah

So I was in a situation where the Mage's Sneed dropped a Gallywix, but the mage had no cards left. I was Priest and had 2 Mind Visions. I cast one Mind Vision, which gave me a coin and put a mind vision in the Mage's Hand. Then I casted my second mind vision which put an additional mind vision in the Mage's hand but which also gave me mind vision and another coin. I kept repeating this process in hopes of filling up the Mage's hand for giggles, but I stopped getting mind visions back after about four repetitions, although I got a coin on the last one. Is there some kind of hard stop coded in to stop these kind of silly plays?

There shouldn't be judging by those videos of people using Lorewalker Cho and Mind Vision hundreds of times on the same turn.

Papercuts

Should I craft a Ragnaros or a Sylvannas? I'm leaning towards Syl since her deathrattle is always a pain in the ass to get around and can be fairly versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom