• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got golden toshley, and you know what? i think i'd almost prefer to have gotten golden millhouse. at least millhouse is hilarious, toshley is just... an enormous meh.

I think Toshley is a bit underrated honestly. Obviously he doesn't have a crazy impact on the board when he's dropped but a 5-7 body is generally pretty difficult to deal with. Plus he fits pretty well into some tempo Mage decks with Antonidas. Although maybe it's a bit harder to justify him now that Thaurissan exists.

ViviOggi

GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

cq6LN8m.png

And now I have a gold and normal shithead millhouse to send in the grinder.

edit: oh my god I pulled an archmage antonidias a few packs later

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I've been playing vs a ton of control warrior lately, but they seem so gutless now and they're always running ysera. I've only been losing to them by fatigue. It's really boring.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've noticed an increase of 400% more emotes since I started playing face hunter

Everyone is spamming the shit out of the emotes

Why the fuck does mage get the best spells and the best minions. Every other class gets lackluster minions Mage gets another great one in flamelurker.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Why the fuck does mage get the best spells and the best minions. Every other class gets lackluster minions Mage gets another great one in flamelurker.

Mage gets amazing spells, but they're expensive.

Other classes have minions that are just as good, though Blastmage and Water elemental are both fantastic.

Tacitus_

Heh, a facehunter was BMing Kripp because he was at 2 health and he had explosive up. Then Kripp plays a healbot and he insta concedes :lol

Bizazedo

Heh, a facehunter was BMing Kripp because he was at 2 health and he had explosive up. Then Kripp plays a healbot and he insta concedes :lol

I'd be less salty about face hunter if I had more deck slots to constantly build counters. S'what I tell myself to get to sleep at night.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't you have spectate on yoshi? I can't watch you for some reason.
Yeah I've removed that function! For the reason that people tend to spectate and bm :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Maybe it's just me, but as a person who loves to play mage I feel like the class didn't get that many great new cards.

Then again it got a fuck ton of new amazing cards with the last update so I get it.

ViviOggi

Just got a Golden Toshley from a pack. Any good?
He's a good body for 6 mana but in constructed that's generally not enough. I've seen some Priests run him as a midgame trading drop. It just comes down to your collection, if you have most of the essential legendaries you can keep him since golden legendaries are incredibly rare, otherwise don't worry about trading him in for something better.

Ikkarus

Just got a Golden Toshley from a pack. Any good?
I really like Toshley it's just the fact he's competing with some really good 6 mana minions like Slyvanas which has nudged him lower down the pecking order.

I personally play him in Tempo mage (for Antoniadis and Flamewaker fuel) and Ramp Druid as his 5/7 stats means he will stay on the board for a good while.

greepoman

Anyone feel like BRM has been kind of a bust? Maybe a little soon for a meta shift but just don't see the dragons as much as mechs. I guess class cards are seeing decent play, but in general it doesn't feel like much has changed. Doesn't help that emperor can make existing decks even better.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anyone feel like BRM has been kind of a bust? Maybe a little soon for a meta shift but just don't see the dragons as much as mechs. I guess class cards are seeing decent play, but in general it doesn't feel like much has changed. Doesn't help that emperor can make existing decks even better.

We just don't have enough good dragon cards yet. Maybe the next expansion will add some more. We kind of need Dragons that can deal with aggro decks.

CoolOff

If people are interested I could put together a list of people on different servers by people PMing me their battletag and what servers they're active on. It could then be added to the OP.

Thesis-writing is taking up a lot of time atm but start sending them to me and I'll get to it eventually.

I think this expansion has had a much bigger impact on Arena than Constructed (as someone who doesn't play much constructed, but does watch a fair bit of it). The Arena game has been slowed down by all the common big dudes (e.g. Hungry Dragon, Drakonid Crusher) it brought in and the threat of cards who naturally synergise with a board like Volcanic Dragon, Volcanic Lumberer and Solemn Vigil. There were very few (none?) good common 2-drops or below brought in, so that's also been forcing drafts a little away from the extreme aggro end. Even the best low cost cards like Druid of the Flame, Resurrect and Blackwing Technician tend towards a slower game than the best of G&G. Some of the lesser classes also got great cards like Imp Gang Boss and Fireguard Destroyer that have really helped them (
and Warrior got told to sit in a corner
).

Cat Party

Comparing the cards from an adventure with the cards from a fully fledged expansion doesn't work. GvG introduced 120 new cards. I imagine the next expansion will add more dragons to increase synergy further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom