• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Fake cards:

43172c05.png
4a9b086d.png

Bananas are great and more cards should generate them.
I like the 2nd card. Counter to Handlock.

embalm

Game don't need way for new players to get old cards. It just need different formats. Like, with the newest expansion, we could get a format where you can play only GvG and Blackrock and the newest expansion, or the two latest large set + last 2 adventures (if they continue to follow the Large set + adventure pattern). This way it'd solve the Dr. Boom problem as it would eventually rotate out and it'd avoid the game being stagnant in every kind of play.
I am willing to bet dollars to donuts they have something big planned in the future. The game will be fine for another year, but once it hits that 1,000 card mark it's going to get a little crazy to keep up for anyone.

I would imagine they will set it up similar to MtG. That would have a mode that includes all of the cards. Then they would have a mode that includes the latest 4 to 6 expansions. Maybe a classic mode that is only Basic & Classic cards also.

Allowing those modes and tying it all into deck building would be pretty difficult though. Right now they are two very separate functions.

gutshot

Here's my friend's Arena deck. Please note, if you have 2x of a Legendary it doesn't show the number in your deck list, but rest assured, he has two Dr. Booms.

Sick deck if you ask me. Tons of high-value cards, the worst probably being Druid of the Flame or Lost Tallstrider.

The turn 3 Dr. Boom dream is real.

Tacitus_

Hunh. Just found out that if a Grim Patron is at 1, gets commanding shout and takes damage (which it survives), it doesn't spawn a new patron. Bummer.

Had a crazy unlucky 1/3 Priest run where I faced Tirion, Sneeds into The Beast, and my PC crashing. After that I drafted this:

*snip*

I actually was offered a 2nd KT but took Boom instead. I'm not getting too excited though because decks that look this good can still go 0/3 with shit draws and bad luck.
So I ended up only 8/3 with this deck. Only drew KT once and didn't get to play him so he didn't even matter. Boom did work though.

I lost to bad draw, bad draw where I almost recovered but then Rag on turn 8 to put me at 1hp, and a Priest with insane Mech start. I won via topdecks in 4 of the games, 3 Fireballs and 1 Flamestrike. Good deck but I felt like it would win more.

Pack from the run was complete trash.

Alrus

Sick deck if you ask me. Tons of high-value cards, the worst probably being Druid of the Flame or Lost Tallstrider.

Druid of the Flame is a fairly decent card in Arena, allows for decent value trades. But yeah, his deck doesn't really have any outright bad cards, pretty sick.

Hektor

Hunh. Just found out that if a Grim Patron is at 1, gets commanding shout and takes damage (which it survives), it doesn't spawn a new patron. Bummer.

Thats because he doesnt take any damage. Just like commanding shout reads, "Your minions cant be reduced below 1 health this turn".

embalm

Here's my friend's Arena deck. Please note, if you have 2x of a Legendary it doesn't show the number in your deck list, but rest assured, he has two Dr. Booms.

Pretty good deck if it can survive the early game. I think that deck is going to fall to faster decks in arena. It lacks good board clear as well, but the taunts make up for that. It does have some removal options which are less than optimal since they are druid removal. If he can curve out, I bet he destroys his opponents. When he loses he is going to have 5+ cards in hand and none of them will help save him.

Can't wait to hear how far he goes, I hope it's a 12-0

Hektor

Fuck Hoggers man. Everybody is always joking that animal companion only summons them, but i honestly got the feeling that this is more reality than a joke.

Right, but I figured it'd work like slamming a divine shield.

But Slam reads "if it survives", which is entirely different. On Damage effects wont work on divine shield either.

Fuck Hoggers man. Everybody is always joking that animal companion only summons them, but i honestly got the feeling that this is more reality than a joke.

But Slam reads "if it survives", which is entirely different. On Damage effects wont work on divine shield either.

I played against a Demon Zoo that used Imp-losion on a shielded Annoy-o-tron for 0 damage and 0 Imps. I laughed my ass off at that, but proceeded to get steam rolled anyway.

gutshot

New patch coming up that includes a Heroes of the Storm cardback, unlocked by hitting level 12 in HotS.
gaab.png

Any one know how long it will take to hit lvl 12 in HotS? Have only played through the tutorial so far but now I want to get to level 12 to unlock this.

Xanathus

New patch coming up that includes a Heroes of the Storm cardback, unlocked by hitting level 12 in HotS.

Any one know how long it will take to hit lvl 12 in HotS? Have only played through the tutorial so far but now I want to get to level 12 to unlock this.
It was mentioned a few days ago, people say it'll take minimum 8 hours of playing and that's if you're playing with a friend for every game for the 50% XP bonus. I'm just gonna casually try to sneak in games in for that, it's OK but matchmaking takes so damn long.

Tacitus_

It was mentioned a few days ago, people say it'll take minimum 8 hours of playing and that's if you're playing with a friend for every game for the 50% XP bonus. I'm just gonna casually try to sneak in games in for that, it's OK but matchmaking takes so damn long.

It does? I haven't played for a while but quick match never took long to get going.

gutshot

Ok, cool. That isn't too bad, I guess. So if I play a few hours a week, I should be able to unlock it within a month.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How bout:

Deathrattle: Resummon Gamon at the end of your opponents turn

so you get to attack with it right away?

Intentional. I think that might be too strong for 4 mana. Make the mana cost too high and it feels too slow to play, even if you were able to keep playing it right away.

Dahbomb

That's a terrible card at 2 mana. Maybe at 1 mana it's fine, it would be slightlt better than Target Dummy tier in some situations.

Haunted

Blast from the past: apparently the latest patch reintroduces the "dancing cards" bug. Had two cards dancing around on the field and sure enough - putting Defender of Argus in the middle ended up only taunting up one of them.

JesseZao

Change it to a battlecry and it'd be better. Think Loatheb.

Also, make it only affect your minions.

It would just need to revert your board state to the turn you played the clock.

Too crazy with stray variables to code otherwise

Slashlen

Blast from the past: apparently the latest patch reintroduces the "dancing cards" bug. Had two cards dancing around on the field and sure enough - putting Defender of Argus in the middle ended up only taunting up one of them.

It's a feature now. Adds RNG to cards that didn't have it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom