• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering why this control warrior wasn't playing his key minions, or using blackwing corruptors now that dragon control warrior is in vogue.

Final two cards played before he died to combo on turn 10: Coldlight Oracle, Youthful Brewmaster

Is this... Mill Warrior?

Tacitus_

Was wondering why this control warrior wasn't playing his key minions, or using blackwing corruptors now that dragon control warrior is in vogue.

Final two cards played before he died to combo on turn 10: Coldlight Oracle, Youthful Brewmaster

Is this... Mill Warrior?

Yeah, I saw that in a tourney once. Dude brought 3 mill decks. Ugh.

Cat Party

I need a Rogue deck for one of my daily quests. I'd like to start using my newly acquired BRM cards, but I have no dust, and there aren't any BRM using decks on HearthPwn that cost less than like 1000 dust.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried starting with a basic deck and adding Naxx/BRM cards in as substitutes, but it didn't really work very well.
Do you at least have blade flurry and oil?

I need a Rogue deck for one of my daily quests. I'd like to start using my newly acquired BRM cards, but I have no dust, and there aren't any BRM using decks on HearthPwn that cost less than like 1000 dust.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried starting with a basic deck and adding Naxx/BRM cards in as substitutes, but it didn't really work very well.

My first Rogue deck was a Oil Rogue but I feel like you can make a decent quick hitting aggro deck with cheap minions and finish with Tinker's oil + blade flurry. It might not be optimal but it should net you some wins.

Dude seriously don't whinge about getting legendaries, some of us have only ever gotten one non-Naxx/BRM legendary and it was shit.

Well, it sounds like he's buying a lot of packs and if he is, it does kinda suck.

Ashodin

I need them to start teasing the next expansion. BRM was very lackluster. Some neat cards, but we only see patron and Thaurissan at high level. The meta hardly shifted, only one new deck type emerged.

iNvid02

the tempo, its so beautiful
r26oUYS.gif

1BWw4ix.png

mxFOXVT.png

Hektor

The other card that’s been discussed a lot in terms of balance is Dr. Boom. I actually think he’s fine, and defended him on this site, but when so many of the pros at tournaments are joking and calling him 'Dr. Turn 7', 'Dr. Balanced' and 'Dr. GG', it’s almost become an accepted thing that he’s unbalanced. How do you feel about him?

MD: We’re keeping an eye on him, but I’m pretty happy with the fact people are playing a 7-drop even in the rush decks. There hasn’t been a 7-cost minion that’s been playable for a long time, maybe ever. So I’m totally fine with people playing Dr. Boom. I would like to see more variety in the 7-drops, like if he was a class card and other classes had different 7-drop minions I’d slightly prefer that, but that comes with time and new cards being released. He’s very strong, though. He’s an awesome card.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone-interview-grim-patron-dr-boom-balanced/#page-2

Blizzard, pls.

Dahbomb

Dr Balanced nerf incoming.

They have changed their response from "no plans for Dr Balanced" to "we are keeping an eye on him".

They have also changed their position on Dr Balanced in terms of deck inclusion from "hey guys Dr Balanced is totally not played in every single deck" to "I’m pretty happy with the fact people are playing a 7-drop even in the rush decks".

Yeah a 7 drop card is being used in aggro decks which plan to finish the game before turn 7 just because the card is so ridiculous that it ends up being a win condition for you if you put enough damage on the board and then put him down on turn 7....

I guess substitute with assassin's blade (I mean it's not as good but can do a similar job)..

well you can always reroll daily quests if it's such a problem..

They have changed their response from "no plans for Dr Balanced" to "we are keeping an eye on him".

They have also changed their position on Dr Balanced in terms of deck inclusion from "hey guys Dr Balanced is totally not played in every single deck" to "I’m pretty happy with the fact people are playing a 7-drop even in the rush decks".

Yeah a 7 drop card is being used in aggro decks which plan to finish the game before turn 7 just because the card is so ridiculous that it ends up being a win condition for you if you put enough damage on the board and then put him down on turn 7....

Sounds good...Since he's the only legendary I've crafted thus far, I could use that dust back I guess.

gutshot

It’s a work in progress. Now that we’re a bit further away from Goblins vs Gnomes, have you got any plans to change the way Arena rewards work so that players can choose to get Classic packs or Goblins vs Gnomes?

YW: You know, we've been getting a lot of feedback on that. Feedback is really important to us, so we've been discussing that a lot. We don’t have anything to announce, but we do intend to look into that.

Yes, please let us choose our arena pack reward.

Danj

I guess substitute with assassin's blade (I mean it's not as good but can do a similar job)..

well you can always reroll daily quests if it's such a problem..

I already rerolled one other quest, I can't reroll anything else till tomorrow.

So is there a deck list for this Rogue deck you're suggesting?

embalm

I need them to start teasing the next expansion. BRM was very lackluster. Some neat cards, but we only see patron and Thaurissan at high level. The meta hardly shifted, only one new deck type emerged.
I wish the meta moved harder, but it did do more than two playable cards.
Imp Gang Boss is a big part of why Zoo & Demonlocks are common. Patron allowed combo warrior to go from a niche otk deck to a solid mid-range deck. Flamewaker allows faster spell based mages to be more viable.

I think that the dragon synergy cards will be viable once a few more Dragons enter the game. That will enable 10 or so cards from the expansion.

All in all it's better than the Undertaker meta we got after Naxx. :)

So if the next expansion is in August, we won't see previews until July. At least I think it was a month of previews for gvg right?

I already rerolled one other quest, I can't reroll anything else till tomorrow.

So is there a deck list for this Rogue deck you're suggesting?

Tacitus suggested two decks. You could just start there and replace oil with assassin's blade and see how that goes. I mean the big problem is that you're limited by your card pool. It's never going to be optimal without the right cards.

centracore

Patch notes:

GENERAL
  • The following card backs have been added:
    • Ninja – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of May. Card backs are awarded at the end of the Ranked Play season.
    • Heroes of the Storm – Acquired during the Heroes of the Storm cross promotion event.
  • [iOS] Added support for 64-bit devices.
  • [iOS] In order to address an issue when searching for cards that utilize diacritics, we have temporarily disabled searching for cards that use diacritics without their proper marks.
  • [Android] Resolved an issue causing some phones to display the tablet UI.
BUG FIXES

• Resolved an issue with Invite Spectator and Kick Spectator buttons in the Nearby Players list.
  • [Tablet] Tablet versions of the game should now be able to purchase multiple packs at a time with gold.
  • Fixed various graphical, sound, and UI issues.

Probably thought it was a different card. I've played Feral Spirit when I thought it was a Lightning Storm (or vice versa) many times.

I once got a Succubus from an Unstable Portal that I mistook for Mistress of Pain. I played the Succubus for free and was just about to play Dr. Boom, when all of a sudden, he flies out of my hand and disintegrates. That's when I looked down and noticed my mistake.

Rapstah

I need more of this Chiang guy. I've seen two matches from him and he's basically breaking things and turning his camera off every time.

I need more of this Chiang guy. I've seen two matches from him and he's basically breaking things and turning his camera off every time.
Link? There was a Bronze LoL streamer who would explode with rage and homophobic slurs during games. Any tiny mistake from him or his team and he would insta-tilt. It was really funny to see but his channel was taken down pretty quick.

EDIT: Thanks!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
My 360 total antivirus gave me a virus warning about a malware virus located in the Hearthstone folder, csharp.dll was the file. Now i can't play Hearthstone until i restore it, weird.

Duster

Oh great today I finally got my first legendary and dusted it so I can Dr Balanced ASAP, the moment I get enough dust he'll get nerfed.

Agraavan

Sorry, I left out the part where I've been spending a lot on packs... didn't mean to come off as a douche.

I see. It just didn't come out right since most of my packs are utterly crap with dupes. But I don't expend any money, so I can see how it can be considered "unlucky" to you, with e is money involved and all.

Why is Chiang playing gadgetzan in his grim patron deck?

Don't battle rage and acolyte provide enough card draw, what's the possible reasoning?

Dahbomb

Don't battle rage and acolyte provide enough card draw, what's the possible reasoning?
Most people run Gnomish Inventors and Loat Hoarders in the deck along with Slam for card draws. The deck is very dependent and in some cases Acolyte and Battle Rage may not be enough.

Gadgetan is interesting but I am not sure how viable it would be in the deck. It does have many cheap spells to use with Gadgetan so maybe he's on to something.

My guess is that it provides card draw plus a 4/4 body, which is going to help both in mirrors (obviously) but also for the cases when you need a semi-threat on the board as well. With whirlwind it could take out a belcher for instance while drawing a card and making a patron target.

Celegus

Woop woop, first pack since BRM was announced and I finally got a Sneed! I don't play ranked or very competitively, so he's always looked super fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom