• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Dude probably came back to Hearthstone after a year.

Overspark in pally is legit. If used in combo with hero power on empty boards it give your minion +2+2 on average, making him 5/5 stats for 3. It also help against hard to remove minions for pally, like Chromaggus or AoW. Against lock it's useful because it either improve ur recruits or turn their 4/8+ drakes into 5/5 or 1/1.

Also, MCT is so strong now with so many maly locks , zoos and patrons.

G.ZZZ

What are you gonna steal using MCT against Malylock? They don't tend to flood the board.

They use imp gangs and implosions usually. Handlock also never expect it and often put taunt walls that are 4 minions.

I'm doing really good with 2 of thems in my Ramp, but the prob is that i have 0% wr against pallies. Mb i could play Geddon, or simply instaconcede to rank faster.

I was in chat and I was posting a correct solution for lethal

Tuck Frump.

If you were in chat, you were wrong.
laugh.gif
hush.gif

squidyj

If you were in chat, you were wrong.
laugh.gif
hush.gif

play commander, frothing, waraxe and double corsair then whirlwind.
Frothing should be at 9 now with 3 patrons on board, both corsairs and a commander (7 minions).
Kill the belcher with 2 patrons at 1 health each. This puts frothing at 13 (5 minions).
Swing the remaining patron into the ooze then slam the patron with full health (7 minions).
The Frothing berserker is now at 17 with 7 minions on board.
Of these minions 5 can attack, 4 with 3 power each and then the berserker.
16 + 12 + 3 from waraxe = 31

It's cool, trump dismissed it because he couldn't see how not getting the second patron from whirlwind was correct.

play commander, frothing, waraxe and double corsair then whirlwind.
Frothing should be at 9 now with 3 patrons on board, both corsairs and a commander (7 minions).
Kill the belcher with 2 patrons at 1 health each. This puts frothing at 13 (5 minions).
Swing the remaining patron into the ooze then slam the patron with full health (7 minions).
The Frothing berserker is now at 17 with 7 minions on board.
Of these minions 5 can attack, 4 with 3 power each and then the berserker.
16 + 12 + 3 from waraxe = 31

It's cool, trump dismissed it because he couldn't see how not getting the second patron from whirlwind was correct.

I hadn't even considered it but in your line of play there is no reason to not use death's bite over war axe.

Following your exact instructions, he starts with 2 minions on board, plays commander (3), frothing (4), 2x corsairs (6), gets 1 patron from whirlwind (7).

You kill the belcher with 2 patrons (5). You kill the ooze spawning another patron (6 minions).

6 minions are on the board. I am not sure where you are getting 7 minions.

1 is commander and doesn't have charge.
2 are corsairs giving 6 damage.
1 is a patron that has already attacked.
1 is a patron just spawned from killing the ooze, with charge giving 3 damage.
1 is berserker which according to you is 17 attack.
You then have death's bite dealing 4 damage.

only gives a total of 6+3+4+17 = 30. Your opponent has 31.

It isn't your fault, you were in chat, therefore you are wrong
just joking of course, maybe I am wrong

squidyj

I hadn't even considered it but in your line of play there is no reason to not use death's bite over war axe.

Following your exact instructions, he starts with 2 minions on board, plays commander (3), frothing (4), 2x corsairs (6), gets 1 patron from whirlwind (7).

You kill the belcher with 2 patrons (5). You kill the ooze spawning another patron (6 minions).

6 minions are on the board. I am not sure where you are getting 7 minions.

1 is commander and doesn't have charge.
2 are corsairs giving 6 damage.
1 is a patron that has already attacked.
1 is a patron just spawned from killing the ooze, with charge giving 3 damage.
1 is berserker which according to you is 17 attack.
You then have death's bite dealing 4 damage.

only gives a total of 6+3+4+17 = 30. Your opponent has 31.

It isn't your fault, you were in chat, therefore you are wrong
just joking of course, maybe I am wrong

you missed the part where I slammed the fresh patron to get another patron. and there wasn't enough mana for death's bite.
it's actually only 16 attack.

Dahbomb

They use imp gangs and implosions usually. Handlock also never expect it and often put taunt walls that are 4 minions.

I'm doing really good with 2 of thems in my Ramp, but the prob is that i have 0% wr against pallies. Mb i could play Geddon, or simply instaconcede to rank faster.
So if you use MCT then you are likely to get a 1/1...

Not really worth teching against. I mean sure it's fine having MCT in general because other classes tend to put more creatures on the board but putting in MCT to specifically counter Malygos is weird to me.

Enhance-o... lets see. Even dark iron dwarf is better than it. I'd rather run defender of argus as well. Why run a card that only sometimes gives you the buffs you want, over a card that is consistently good.

To really want to play enhance over DOA, you'd want 3 minions. If you have 3 minions, you've probably already won. It isn't even so much that it is a win more card, it is a card that doesn't really win much more than the less situational 4 drops. And it has 2 hp and the difference between 2 hp and 3 hp is huge in a deck that is all about board control with many smaller minions.

This has been my opinion since the card came out as well. Enhance-o was pretty overrated and we see it has made zero long lasting impact on the meta.

MegamanNG

Neo Member
I play Hearthstone every day just to complete challenges and do ranked. Already at Rank 18. Went Rank 15 last month and that was good but I want to get better.

Schryver

Had the most insane comeback earlier tonight. Oil rogue against some sort of Mage deck. He had me down to 2 or 3 health a couple times but I drew my two heals and kept barely managing to clear his minions while he picked away at me with the hero power. I ended up getting exact lethal the turn after he dropped Antonidus and used a spell to get a fireball that would have killed me

Stanng243

What does the word owner mean in hearthstone? I thought it meant if the card began thr game in your deck, you were the owner. But for at least one card it doesn't work that way.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What does the word owner mean in hearthstone? I thought it meant if the card began thr game in your deck, you were the owner. But for at least one card it doesn't work that way.

Whoever is currently controlling it.

Refers to the person that controls it.

So if someone takes control of your minion through Sylvanas or Cabal or whatever then they're the owner.

Acinixys

This game is so stupid

At 0 wins

Lose an Arena game to a Warlock that plays flame imp and then FOUR demonfires, making it a 11/10 I cant kill so he wins on turn 5

At 1 win

Play a Warrior that coins on turn 1 to armor up, and then does the dumbest shit like using brawl when he has 6 minions on the board and I have 1

facepalm.gif

Sande

What are those letters and numbers next to your oponnent's cards?

Blizzard are adding new classes??? how could I miss that
(My guess) Some program telling you when they drew the cards and if they mulliganed them.

They're not adding classes, just new heroes for the existing ones. It's purely cosmetic.

Sande

Holy shit, can you even get screwed harder by your own Hungry Dragon. I had a big minion (yeti or boulderfist, can't remember) and some damaged 5/1 on board. I play the dragon, expecting to easily deal with the summoned minion with my yeti/ogre. Nope, Argent Squire, one of two (the other being Worgen Infiltrator) minions I couldn't handle. That was such a huge swing in my opponents favor that I wasn't able to gain board control anymore. I definitely get why Hungry Dragon is considered too risky (on top of barely being worth the stats in a semi lucky case).

In retrospect I could have avoided the RNG bullshit in this case. I think I traded with the 5/1 before playing hungry dragon. It just didn't even cross my mind at the time that a yeti might not be able to kill a 1 mana minion.

Danj

Almost got 200 gold today, should I buy 2 packs or should I try for arena (with the very high possibility of not even breaking even)?

Copenap

Almost got 200 gold today, should I buy 2 packs or should I try for arena (with the very high possibility of not even breaking even)?
Well depends on whether you want to play Arena. If you say it is unlikely to break even just buying two packs would obviously be more efficient in terms of spending gold but if you want to play an Arena just go for it.

Danj

Well depends on whether you want to play Arena. If you say it is unlikely to break even just buying two packs would obviously be more efficient in terms of spending gold but if you want to play an Arena just go for it.

My past few arena runs have been pretty crummy, so yeah I don't think it's likely I'd break even. I'll go for the 2 packs then, thanks.

Haunted

Vanish confused the hell out of me. I expected my cards to return to my hand. It really impacted that game for me.
Well, I think everyone playing the game, even with simplified rules and language, had something confusing happen to him/her before - at least now you know. :D

Speaking of Vanish, I never actually realised the full card art. Contender for worst card art, maybe?

450px-Vanish_%28art%29.jpg

Kasei

In terms of relative frequency to other decks, how often is everyone seeing Patron on the ladder (at their respective ranks)?

I haven't jumped into this ranked season yet, so not much to contribute myself, but at the tipping point of May I was seeing Patron a ton. Maybe 30% of the time at ranks 5 upwards.

Lumine

Yeah there's quite a few patrons last time I laddered, but that was already a week ago or so. I doubt it has changed much, but there might still be more Hunters and Warlocks on ladder.
It's annoying because it's not a very fun deck to play against. That said there are classes that have cards that can deal with the Patrons effectively.

Anyone currently playing on EU that wouldn't mind me spectating? I have the quest for it, but nobody seems to be coming online on my friendslist today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom