• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

After yesterday's discussion on bad cards, Magma Rager and how certain bad cards can be made good with other cards... I came up with this new card as an analogue to Hobgoblin.

be6fcd3d.png

The idea is obvious it makes cards like Magma Rager usable as it now turns it into a 6/4.

I initially had it as +2/+2 but that was a bit too good because a lot of the one health minions already had a lot of high damage. It would make a Leper Gnome into a 4/3 and that's card only purpose is face damage. Also makes Wolf Rider stronger as it's a charger with one health (becomes 5 attack charge) and Bluegill as well. So I made it a card that turned minions into better bodies rather than "win faster" type cards. Also at +2 it turns Magma Rager into a BGH target...

Cards that would be enabled in a deck like this (you can even put in Hobgoblin with this card to enable some 1/1s):

Magma Rager
Blue Gill Warrior
Murloc Tidecaller
Mini Mage
Scarlet Crusader
Iron Beak Owl
Loot Hoarder
One eyed Cheat
Abusive Sergeant
Clockwork Gnome
Leper Gnome
Dust Devil (for Shamans)
Shadowbomber (for Priests)
Blood Imp (for Warlock)
Southsea Deckhand
Voodoo Doctor
Worgen Infiltrator
Young Priestess

Didn't include The 1/1 minions like Wisp/Squire because they already get used in Hobgoblin decks.

gutshot

The only time Troggzor would have been good was during the meta before GvG released when Miracle Rogue was king.

It was really dumb how Blizz introduced all those anti-Miracle tech cards in GvG (Bomb Lobber, Flamecannon, Troggs, etc.), but then nerfed Gadgetzan as soon as it released, before even seeing if those tech cards would make a difference.

gutshot

Is the new patch live? My Battle.net client is downloading the patch now and the notes are up...

EDIT: Yup, it's live! No Tavern Brawl yet though.

gutshot

Looks like Tavern Brawl will open on Weds in NA and EU.

Code:
Tavern Brawl will open and close according to the following schedule each week:

Region                          Open                                                     Close

Europe                         Wed      05:00 PM CET                     Mon      6:00 AM CET    

Americas                     Wed      10:00 AM PST                      Mon      3:00 AM PST        

Taiwan/China            Thurs     03:00 AM CST                     Mon      6:00 AM CST      

Korea                           Thurs     04:00 AM KST                    Mon      7:00 AM KST

inky

How's that much different from Hobgoblin + Argent Squire turn 4?

You get a 2/4 instead of a 3/3.

It's not. I prefer the 4 health anyway, but I'm thinking in terms of arena. Good tempo and better value.

Too bad both are epics and that's why we don't and wouldn't see it often enough.

Milennia

waiting for someone to buy medivh and alleria and upload the new animations since blizzard has only shown magni's so far, for whatever reason

Hektor

waiting for someone to buy medivh and alleria and upload the new animations since blizzard has only shown magni's so far, for whatever reason

The shop got a freakin preview function for the new heroes. And even those dont show the animation. Blizzard fucking pls.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Good point, but it's not really comparable both in ease of managing board states and effortless combo potential. The Warlock deck only has completely insane burst potential with the Malygos + multiple burn spells in hand into Emperor lategame combo, all while controlling the board with a mix of minions and spells (which means that you can't really draw that much). That's quite a bit more conditional than Freeze Mage's early hyperdraw into effortless full board freeze, then fire and forget turn 6 Emperor.

That said I can't say how good the list really is, just started playing it.

You are probably right, the chances of reducing combo cards with emperor in freeze mage is higher than malylock. Freeze mage doesn't rely on a single win condition it has a couple , you can antonidas or alex the face and sometimes just using your burn without anything else.

of FUCKING course

I don't understand why would you risk soulfire with malygos in your hand, seems way too risky, plus you're giving away part of the combo. Tough it kinda makes sense if you're behind.

JesseZao

The "preview" for the heroes in the shop is garbage. I shouldn't have to find a stream or GIF to learn what the hero power looks like or emotes sound like/say.

ViviOggi

You are probably right, the chances of reducing combo cards with emperor in freeze mage is higher than malylock. Freeze mage doesn't rely on a single win condition it has a couple , you can antonidas or alex the face and sometimes just using your burn without anything else.

I don't understand why would you risk soulfire with malygos in your hand, seems way too risky, plus you're giving away part of the combo. Tough it kinda makes sense if you're behind.
Yup exactly. It's interesting though how Emperor turned out actually broken only in Freeze Mage after how crazy everyone thought it would be when it was first revealed.

I was more than behind, in a spot like that 20% is a risk you have to take

J0dy77

Dr. Boom is always the right choice.
Sylvanus is always the best choice.
Both of them fit into almost any and all decks. Paladin, they are there. Tempo mage, there. Ctrl Warrior, there. Handlock, there.

If you already have those, since they aren't on your list:
Ysera & Black Knight are really good and will probably always be in some deck somewhere. Both are good crafts.

Alexstrasza, Grommash, Tirion, Jaraxus, & Cenarius are all great, but make sure it's a class you enjoy playing. They also all lean towards control play styles. Make sure you enjoy playing control games.

Thanks, should have mentioned that I already "must have" legendaries (dr. boom, sylvannas, rag, etc). I have been leaning towards Ysera a bit, maybe Tirion. I'll probably just sit on them all for a while and if something jumps out at me, craft it as needed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
can I buy heroes now?

Heropon

Got Antonidas twice from Unstable Portal today as a Tempo Mage and I don't feel bad at all about it. This game is finally being good to me! *Proceeds to lose ten matches*

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't think of one that is worse, frankly. Even cho had his day in the sun in some zoo decks a while ago; I have literally never seen hemet played.

Majordomo probably takes that spot now. Or Millhouse.

Hemet is trash but the other two are sole reasons you will lose a game.

Opiate

Majordomo probably takes that spot now. Or Millhouse.

Hemet is trash but the other two are sole reasons you will lose a game.

There are real decks played by pros at legendary level that have majordomo in them right now. Super specific decks, of course, but they exist. I've seen savjz play them.

Millhouse is a reasonable argument, though.

Danj

No. One of the worst legendaries in the game. Congrats on the 400 dust though.

400Dust kind of good.

Widely considered the worst legendary in the game. Just remember that 400 dust is far better than any rare you could get, and you also got a useful rare to boot.

Not only is it a bottom 5 Legendary but it's a contender for bottom 5 card released from the GvG set.

Easiest 400 dust of your life.

I can't think of one that is worse, frankly. Even cho had his day in the sun in some zoo decks a while ago; I have literally never seen hemet played.

Well shit. Guess I will dust it then.

There are real decks played by pros at legendary level that have majordomo in them right now. Super specific decks, of course, but they exist. I've seen savjz play them.

Millhouse is a reasonable argument, though.

Reynad used to run millhouse. I think in a tempo rogue deck. This was even before naxx/loatheb.

Dahbomb

I have seen Majordormo used on casual mode. It basically has Alex/Antonidas/Rag/Dr Balanced in it. You waste your removals on these big creatures and then the Majordormo surprises you with Ice Block/Ice Barrier secrets up. Best used when the Mage is already low health. So yeah Majordormo is just one level better than Hemit.

Millhouse is pretty bad as well. At best it's a 4/4 that will probably get removed fairly easily and provide the opponent with good tempo. At worst you give away huge tempo that is game losing.

Tacitus_

Off the top of my head: Millhouse, Nat Pagle, Nozdormu, ETC (though this is a joke card so ymmv), Tinkmaster, Gelbin Mekkatorque. And those are just from the pro set.

Nesingwary is in the same tier as Rend, bad stats for the mana cost and not enough targets for the battlecry.

Dahbomb

You know Hemit is bad when you see so many Hunters online and they are using solid beast minions like Highmane and Animal Companions yet you still can't tech in Hemit because of how god awful it is.

Rend is WAY WAY better than Hemit. I have used Rend in Paladin Dragon deck and Warlock Dragon deck... I will tell you right now that Rend does work. With so many people using Emperor Balanced and Loatheb, the Rend gets to hit something. I have even gotten Yseras, Tirion and Chromaggus with it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Multiple Hearthstone clones at E3, just what I wanted.

Opiate

Off the top of my head: Millhouse, Nat Pagle, Nozdormu, ETC (though this is a joke card so ymmv), Tinkmaster, Gelbin Mekkatorque. And those are just from the pro set.

Nesingwary is in the same tier as Rend, bad stats for the mana cost and not enough targets for the battlecry.

Rend is way above Hemet. Rend actually gets played in some dragon Paladin decks to solid effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom