• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

12 wins in arena with warlock, every game from 3-4 wins up felt like it was clinched barely.

nothing like mage or paladin steamrolling through, warlock is nail biting but its really fun

Pooya

I made balanced mage cards.

1436833724-81fb04f02.png

1436834326-25cd46b92.png

1436834556-14e2fd012.png

edit: the rarity of the cards didn't work, take them all as epic.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
After Kripp made that video you basically can't believe any "leak" you see anymore. Even though you already knew you had to take things with a grain of salt after some of the fake BRM leaks, now it's basically double certain that you can't trust any "leak".

I think Kripp knew exactly what he was doing...

Company man Kripp?

Dad (forsen) just won the Geico deck building tournament against Kibler 4-1
C H A M P I O N S E N

12 wins in arena with warlock, every game from 3-4 wins up felt like it was clinched barely.

nothing like mage or paladin steamrolling through, warlock is nail biting but its really fun
Someday.

I have reached 9-0 three times since I started playing Arena.

Each time I then lost the next 3 games in a row :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So how much gold is everyone hording for the chance we get a ton of new cards soon?

Do we actually think we will get something on the 22nd or just an announcement on the 22nd with said thing to follow?

If it's a new card expansion I wonder if that will become the card deck for Arena?

gutshot

So how much gold is everyone hording for the chance we get a ton of new cards soon?

Do we actually think we will get something on the 22nd or just an announcement on the 22nd with said thing to follow?

If it's a new card expansion I wonder if that will become the card deck for Arena?

Announcement. Although they've generally been releasing within a few weeks of announcing, so I doubt we will have much longer to wait after the 22nd.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I made some minor adjustments to my mech mageish deck. I got rid of my mech 1 mana cards for mana worm and I added in a counter spell secret.

Holy fuck counter spell at my rank has been $$$. Hell last two matches they both basically conceded as soon as that went off.

Dahbomb

I made balanced mage cards.

1436833724-81fb04f02.png

1436834326-25cd46b92.png

1436834556-14e2fd012.png

edit: the rarity of the cards didn't work, take them all as epic.
I would like Spellsteal if it removed spells and added them to your deck as it would fit with the theme of the card. Currently paying 4 mana to basically not do anything on the board is absolutely crippling.

Time Warp would be pretty beast in Fatigue Mage and maybe Freeze Mage but wouldn't get used in other Mage decks.

I do like cards like these that may not do anything on the board but can improve your deck sort of like Gang Up. Of course these cards are unusable trash in Arena but that's of course not the point.

Pooya

I would like Spellsteal if it removed spells and added them to your deck as it would fit with the theme of the card. Currently paying 4 mana to basically not do anything on the board is absolutely crippling.

Time Warp would be pretty beast in Fatigue Mage and maybe Freeze Mage but wouldn't get used in other Mage decks.

I do like cards like these that may not do anything on the board but can improve your deck sort of like Gang Up. Of course these cards are unusable trash in Arena but that's of course not the point.

Maybe like this with 3 mana instead. The thing is nobody includes bad spells in their decks, it's essentially their removals, you take their removals from them with this. and you will see what cards are discarded. You could make it copy or discard but not both, that's too much. Maybe it's better just to make it copy two spells from opponent's deck but I think the idea of reducing opponent's deck is more interesting than possibly ruining your own curve with filling it with random cards of unknown cost or usability.

Maybe like this with 3 mana instead. The thing is nobody includes bad spells in their decks, it's essentially their removals, you take their removals from them with this. and you will see what cards are discarded. You could make it copy or discard but not both, that's too much. Maybe it's better just to make it copy two spells from opponent's deck but I think the idea of reducing opponent's deck is more interesting than possibly ruining your own curve with filling it with random cards of unknown cost or usability.

They'll never add a card that discards cards for your opponent. It simply will never happen because it is against their design philosophy. Also, completely different from discarding cards due to overdraw.

Arcane brilliance seems too good. Not really balanced when you're offering a more versatile draw card than arcane intellect at the same cost as arcane intellect.

Just have to say, something like Timewarp is crazy strong. Sure, you can say that it doesn't do anything to the board but a card like that would be ridiculous in freeze or control mage. They wouldn't have to worry about ever holding spells back since they'd just get them back. Then you'd get more secrets because everyone loves those. The best part is that Timewarp would also clone itself, giving Mages an exponentially growing deck.

So yeah, perfectly balanced for Mages.

As for Spellsteal, should make it, "Steal two of your opponents spells, replace them with Spellsteal." This way the other player still has cards to play. As well, it'll add the ability to competely diffuse spell centric decks as everyone's spells just turn into Spellsteal.

I am kinda amused that Reynad might actually make more money today than I would working today.

And I got a nice job too.

Yup was wondering how tempostorm affords things like flying eloise over for a fireside gathering and then I see the constant stream of 3.00 trolling messages.

Hello! Any feedback on this deck I built?

With this I can reach rank 10 - 15, I got rank 13 last month and I'm at rank 14 this month (EU). But somewhere between 10 to 15 I seem to hit a brick wall. I'm wondering if my deck is somehow flawed or if it's just me that needs to learn to play. When I lose, it's often because I'm unable to keep a board presence: my minions are killed with spells or something similar, enemy minions are left alive and they kill me with thousand cuts. But I'm not sure how to fix this, do I have too many spells? Or do I have too many gimmicky minions? I'm tempted to switch black knight to holy fire or something.

http://i.imgur.com/yLoWTvC.png

Last season I had a Mind Control instead of Ragnaros, but I wanted to try out Rag since it seemed like a better deal than trying to hold a 10-mana card in hand in hopes enemy plays something worth mind controlling.

Hello! Any feedback on this deck I built?

With this I can reach rank 10 - 15, I got rank 13 last month and I'm at rank 14 this month (EU). But somewhere between 10 to 15 I seem to hit a brick wall. I'm wondering if my deck is somehow flawed or if it's just me that needs to learn to play. When I lose, it's often because I'm unable to keep a board presence: my minions are killed with spells or something similar, enemy minions are left alive and they kill me with thousand cuts. But I'm not sure how to fix this, do I have too many spells? Or do I have too many gimmicky minions? I'm tempted to switch black knight to holy fire or something.

http://i.imgur.com/yLoWTvC.png

Last season I had a Mind Control instead of Ragnaros, but I wanted to try out Rag since it seemed like a better deal than trying to hold a 10-mana card in hand in hopes enemy plays something worth mind controlling.

Cut the two pains for piloted shredders. Your deck is very anti aggro, but that doesn't help if you don't get a board, they'll just keep coming.

Drop light bomb for sylvanas. You already have three board clears. If you need light bomb, you are not going to be able to build a board back anyway.

Could also drop the silence for a kezan. One more minion and secrets would destroy this deck.

Finally ysera over rag fits better.

Pooya

I made another balanced card. neutral leg

1436853791-0e5c9ec12.png

maybe 0/5 makes more sense...

edit: Battlecry! of course forgot.

edit 2: fixed

Dahbomb

I made another balanced card. neutral leg

1436853358-76f856872.png

maybe 0/5 makes more sense...

edit: Battlecry! of course forgot.
Kripparrian thought of a card similar to that in order to counter aggression.

We definitely need some more anti zoo/aggro cards in the game... it's getting a bit out of hand.

Gotchaye

It's not fast enough and it doesn't deal with shit like Nerubian Eggs and Creepers.

That's a lot to ask for, though. Like, you're wanting "Silence all minions and deal two damage to them" at that point, right? What fast card would deal with early aggro, including eggs and creepers?

Pooya

that card isn't as anti aggro as I wanted it to be, make it deal '2 damage to all minions, twice' instead. this should deal with all deathrattles too, except eggs. damage to hero doesn't matter all that much, I wanted something that could be used against patron warriors too and doesn't have synergy with patrons too, this could be problematic here but considering patrons ended up with 2 or less health after they do their first combo this could still clean up.

Dahbomb

You really need something that you can play earlier.

Zombie Chow, Annoyotron and Deathlords are decent anti aggro cards but even they can't do much about deathrattle bull shit from stuff like Mad Scientists, Eggs etc.

What fast card would deal with early aggro, including eggs and creepers?
f0f694f3.png

Some interesting cards like these.

Edit: This card will only silence if it's against a Deathrattle. I forgot to put it in. Otherwise this card would be way too good as it would completely replace Owl.

Another thing I would like is a taunt minion that can't be Silenced.

Pooya

well, that would ruin Sylvanas lol.

they should extend the effect of 'can't be targeted by spells or hero power' to silence too. Like stealth minions that can't be targeted, those should work the same way.

Problem with Zombie Chow is that it's only really good against hunters and paladins, against warlock, you just give them more room to tap. It's only really useful in priest decks, elsewhere it's as likely to screw you. It's kind of like Deathlord in that. Not good enough.

Dahbomb

well, that would ruin Sylvanas lol.

they should extend the effect of 'can't be targeted by spells or hero power' to silence too. Like stealth minions that can't be targeted, those should work the same way.
And Shredders. And Belchers. And Void Callers. And Mad Scientists.

Basically this is the type of card that Blizzard needs to put into the game to actually shake up the meta. A card that specifically counters the cancerous shit in the game and punishes them for using those cards.

Of course not this card exactly but something similar.

I like the idea but anything with that powerful of an effect is probably going to need to be limited in some way. Possibly something along the lines of "destroy a minion with deathrattle that costs 4 or less and steal the effect."

Although even then the effect might be too powerful because you could be hitting stuff like Piloted Shredder, Dark Cultist and Voidcaller. Maybe it could work as a low mana neutral legendary but it could essentially be pretty similar to Hungry Crab, just with a much wider net to actually have it hit something.

Pooya

I think a card like that should be a legendary, the effect is very powerful so limit it to one use only and I think the game should have more low drop legs that people actually use. There is only one right now and the rest are garbage...

------
nerf abusive sergeant to two mana, that should keep all aggros in check if you ask me, that reduced burst damage should give you time to deal with them.

I was thinking of some new anti-aggro card a few weeks ago that would be fast enough to actually matter but wouldn't be too good so that aggro could just run it too. I came up with a 2 or 3 mana Legendary minion that raises the costs of 0-3 mana cards in the opponent's hand by 1. Slow down aggro but not flat out kill the archetype. Stats would probably be a 3/2.

Also considered raising by 2 or raising the cost of every 0-3 mana card in their entire deck by 1 lol, that would be kinda fun.

zoukka

I was thinking of some new anti-aggro card a few weeks ago that would be fast enough to actually matter but wouldn't be too good so that aggro could just run it too. I came up with a 2 or 3 mana Legendary minion that raises the costs of 0-3 mana cards in the opponent's hand by 1. Slow down aggro but not flat out kill the archetype. Stats would probably be a 3/2.

Also considered raising by 2 or raising the cost of every 0-3 mana card in their entire deck by 1 lol, that would be kinda fun.

That card would be op as fuck :b

Mana wraith pretty much does the same thing. Nobody plays it.

There are plenty of anti-aggro cards and you can easily construct a deck that will beat them every time. What you can't do is construct said deck and still win against non-aggro decks.

The solution is not to kill aggro, it is to kill people's incentive to play aggro. That means re-thinking the quests and rewards, which are still stuck at day 1 after all these changes. That is what we need, not "new card" that nobody will play anyway.

Cut the two pains for piloted shredders. Your deck is very anti aggro, but that doesn't help if you don't get a board, they'll just keep coming.

Drop light bomb for sylvanas. You already have three board clears. If you need light bomb, you are not going to be able to build a board back anyway.

Could also drop the silence for a kezan. One more minion and secrets would destroy this deck.

Finally ysera over rag fits better.

Cheers! After 10 matches or so I'm still at rank 14, but I feel a lot better about my deck now. I haven't really needed the cards I switched out. But I do find it a bit hard to play Ysera, unless I have board control. But if I can play it and not die next turn, Ysera has been a game winner for me so there's that.

I'll play more later today.

Spent a while losing horribly over and over again. Then remade my deck a bit to account for the issues I was running into and tried again just to be matched with someone with a golden portrait. That's what you get for 500 wins, right? Okay cool I'm at like 13 this is the fairest thing I've ever seen.

Haunted

1960 gold

Was sick of getting 40 dust and nothing else out of pretty much every pack so I just stopped buying things.

I think Blizzard needs to slow the game down a bit again. The meta has become so damn fast. There are just 1-2 control decks that are worth playing while there's a ton of aggressive and combo decks that aim to end the game before turn 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom