• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Actually I wouldn't say it's sensible per se to de usable golden legendaries. The chance to pull one is so astronomically low that it's near impossible to pull the same one twice, and I guarantee you'll regret it somewhere down the line. Of course it depends on how much you're still missing, I'm at the stage where I'd even keep a golden Gruul but if you don't have Boom, Sylvanas and the like yet then I'd prioritize those after all.

I could justify disenchanting it to make Antonidas or Grom but I have almost every single other usable legendary except for Harrison Jones, which seems to be the least useful whenever I have almost 1600 dust and the most useful the day after I craft something else.

I can't justify disenchanting it with the other shit I should disenchant that I keep around for fun instead.

Parshias7

For Prime Day tomorrow, Amazon is going to be giving a 25% bonus on Amazon coins when you buy 5K or 10K coins. With the expansion coming later this month it is a great day. Hopefully they will keep their current promotion running... so basically all of that would be:
- $100 worth of coins for $90 (10% off).
- Given $25 worth of bonus coins.
- 10% of the coins you spend in hearthstone are given back to you.

So you are getting at least $137.50 worth of coins for $90. Technically it will be more than that because of the 10% you get back - you will get 10% of those back once you spend them as well and so on until you are out.

Source.

It might be better to buy the coins during Amazon's deal, then wait for the next expansion to come out to see if Amazon ups their Hearthstone coins back deal. I know they were giving 50% back when the game first showed up on their service, so maybe they'll do a nice deal like that when the expansion hits.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This... this right here... this fucking bullshit... is why I hate Blizz with a passion sometimes.

screenshot_2015-07-15euzvj.png

Xanathus

Decided to finish up grinding my remaining 50 wins for golden Warrior and it's disgusting how much better Patron Warrior is compared to Control. Feels like I'm getting punished so hard for playing control decks.

zoukka

Decided to finish up grinding my remaining 50 wins for golden Warrior and it's disgusting how much better Patron Warrior is compared to Control. Feels like I'm getting punished so hard for playing control decks.

Control warrior is dead and buried at the moment. Don't bother with it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So this brawl just looks like standard decks for each class? o_O Nothing interesting has happened so far anyway, jumped in as Gul'dan.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Well yep, just random or premade decks, hard to tell I only played 2.

Guess it might be OK for dailies on classes I don't really play... Got Nat Pagle out of my pack at least.

Duster

Yep it seems to be a chance for people without a lot of legendaries to use them for a few days.

I got Toshley, Jaraxxus and a Deathwing in one game.

Dahbomb

Looking more and more like the Summoner Brawl was a fluke by Blizzard.

Back to shitty Tavern Brawls you only play a couple of times and then never play again.

Special C

I could justify disenchanting it to make Antonidas or Grom but I have almost every single other usable legendary except for Harrison Jones, which seems to be the least useful whenever I have almost 1600 dust and the most useful the day after I craft something else.

I can't justify disenchanting it with the other shit I should disenchant that I keep around for fun instead.

I DE'd a Golden Harrison Jones back before I had Slyvanus and I still dont regret it.

Schryver

Yeah control warrior still seems solid enough. I'm currently playing it because I'm the most comfortable with it and It feels like I always have a chance to win no matter what deck my opponent is playing

Schryver

Sounds like purely random but with a guarantee of 2 legendaries minimum possibly? And you can have multiple of the same legendary

edit: someone on hearthpwn says 15 neutrals, 8 class spells, and 7 class minions..all random

Haunted

The objective of this Brawl is obviously to get people to play with and against cards they usually don't see (because they're not used in Arena or Constructed).

And in that sense, it absolutely succeeds.

bjaelke

The objective of this Brawl is obviously to get people to play with and against cards they usually don't see (because they're not used in Arena or Constructed).

Malganis and Jaraxxus in my opponent's Warlock deck seems like a big oversight following that logic.

iirate

Auto-complete matches between friends can get pretty crazy, and this is even better, so I think I can get behind this brawl.

gutshot

Of course, last week's brawl accomplished that and it was a lot more fun. I suppose this one works better for those who have very small collections though.

Either way, I'm not gonna complain too much because, hey, free pack. And they can't all be winners.

ViviOggi

Last week's brawl accomplished that though and it was a lot more fun. I suppose this one works better for those who have very small collections though.

Either way, I'm not gonna complain too much because, hey, free pack. And also they can't all be winners.
Tbh with this format it'd be pretty easy to have only winners. Rag vs Nef & Webspinners are only okay comparatively with how utterly dreadful others turned out. Literally copy Kripp's Challengestone notes and I guarantee it'll be infinitely better than anything in Blizz's first batch

In the end though the mode is here to stay and Blizzard can learn, they're just a bit slower than others

cHinzo

Of course, last week's brawl accomplished that and it was a lot more fun. I suppose this one works better for those who have very small collections though.

Either way, I'm not gonna complain too much because, hey, free pack. And they can't all be winners.
Meh, as a new player I still couldn't make a decent spells deck for Druid and Paladin, because I lacked a lot of cards for the previous Brawl. Was limited to playing Priest (tons of fun) and Mage (was kinda boring, but at least managed to try out Antonidas from my Flamestrike). This Brawl is pretty fine by me. :D

Dahbomb

Cant recall seeing Paladins with Dragon Eggs on ladder.
So? They replaced a couple of cards in their Shockadin/Ebola whatever decks and then just ran that shit in Tavern Brawl.

Banana Brawl was the worst of the worst.

gutshot

Tbh with this format it'd be pretty easy to have only winners. Rag vs Nef & Webspinners are only okay comparatively with how utterly dreadful others turned out. Literally copy Kripp's Challengestone notes and I guarantee it'll be infinitely better than anything in Blizz's first batch

In the end though the mode is here to stay and Blizzard can learn, they're just a bit slower than others

I don't think a Challengestone-type mode is what they were going for with this though. The design goals for Tavern Brawl, as I see them, are:

1. A mode where new and old players alike can have fun and battle on a relatively even playing field.
2. A mode that literally cannot be replicated outside of the game.

While Challengestone may be fun for you, me and any one else with a nearly complete collection, it probably would not be much fun for newer or more casual players. It also is something that anyone can implement on their own and then run a tournament or just play with friends using those rules.

I feel like each Brawl has accomplished both of those design goals and I'd wager that you will continue to see Brawls in this same vein for the entirety of the game's life.

ETA: That being said, I'd love to see a custom tournament mode added to the game which would allow you to set Challengestone-type rules and then invite people to join your tournament. That would be really fun and something I can see Blizzard implementing at some point down the road.

Mirimar

So what, this brawl is just premade decks?

No, all the decks are randomized according to class.

Lol, Hunter has got to have the worst ratio of good to worthless class cards..took me 5 tries to get a win with them. Wtf am I going to do with Call Pet and Cobra Shot...along with Explosive Shot...Also have a few of those +2 to all mechs minion.

Dahbomb

Summoning Portal into Illidan into 2 3 drops into free Sea Giant...

It's like Arena but funnier because you generally get to use extremely shitty cards and they end up being good in certain situations mostly because the other guy also has some shitty cards.

It's like a taste of Arena but it's free.

Magnus

Is this just total randomness? I kind of dig it. I always win in this type of shit. It's fun to see opponents struggle when they don't have their perfect netdecks and no planned synergy. I play better in scenarios where I'm forced to improvise....usually.

But just how random can this get? Could you get a deck full of minions or full of spells? Could someone get a deck full of legendaries and you get only commons? Does anyone know?

I dig premade deck and random deck brawls because they get people to discover new card combos and scenarios they hadn't thought of before. There's a tunnel vision native to Constructed play which stifles inventive/random discovery.

Admittedly, like everyone else, I'd rather have truly memorable, fun, chaotic brawls like last week's, though.

Dahbomb

I don't think it's completely random.

I think you always get at least a couple of Legendaries to work with and you always get a certain number of spells.

Of course the curve seems to be fairly reasonable as well so it's not like you are going to deck full of 6+ cards if you are super unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom