• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think too much of the game is built on trading to just shut it off like that.

Here's my take on that card.

2 Mana
Taunt
When this is attacked, it gains one Armor.
1/3

And a Priest-themed variant.

2 Mana
Taunt
When this survives damage, it heals 1 Health.
1/4

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Gr2RE2U.png

Golden rag boys! This is my second golden legendary and i'm definitely not dusting this one unlike my golden sneed. In other news i'm one gromm and one alex away from being able to play control warrior, too bad i only have dust for one legendary, that's a huge bummer since that decks seems fun.

Heropon

After not playing Priest for too long because I lack many important cards like Cabal Shadow Priest or Auchenai I decided it was time to dust it off and I suppose this was one of those lucky days.

I could get my revenge on Patron Warrior:

And it's the first time I don't get angry at Equality + Consecration. I hope Dr. Boom isn't banned anytime soon ;)
Or yes, I want that extra 1200 dust.

Edit: Now that I think about it, that warrior was a bit different than usual. He had that legendary that shuffles a mine into the opponent's deck and it exploded the next turn. I was pretty lucky with all the taunts because he also used Grommash later.

Kifimbo

Patron Warrior is not a face deck (it's a combo/OTK deck), and I have a hard time believing you truly went up against three face warriors in six games. I have not played against a single face warrior in months

It wasn't Patron Warrior, it was face. I was in the same situation as you. Didn't face one in months. Than three in a row today. I just assumed some popular streamer made it popular. It's basically this one:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/276863-rank-1-face-warrior

Rolled the warrior dominance quest and went 5 for 5 in ranked using a patron warrior deck....faced 2 golden portrait opponents who roped every turn lol

I didn't think people would do that at rank 18-15

shira

My predictions for the event tomorrow: new card expansion announced (a la GvG) and that it will be released within the next week or two. The card back for July 2015 hasn't been patched into the game yet, nor has the patch containing it been data mined - usually by this time of the month one (if not, both) of those two things would have happened already.

Blizzard does have the ability to patch files into the game at launch, but as far as I know have never used it for anything outside of testing.

t1437600600z4.png

Can't wait

Oh my God just saw the biggest unstable portal bullshit of my entire playtime

UP 1 = Emperor
UP 2 = Faceless
Then he plays actual Emperor from his hand.

What the fuckkkk

Pooya

Dr. Boom could use some changes.....like new sound effects!

For such a prominent leg that we're supposed to MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT, he sure is lazy. They went back and added new voice effect to Baron Geddon with BRM launch, it's not unprecedented. Everyone will be happy.

Pooya

Water Elemental vs Piloted Shredded. I'm not sure what should I stick with, I like Water Ele better overall.

Shredder just trades better, you can drive it into a belcher with no regrets. And there is always the RNG, it can be amazing and it can also ruin the game.

Water Ele highly likely is going to live to the next turn, it's the biggest threat against weapon classes if you're not running any cards like Harrison, it's really scary. Whoever attacks it is either dead or out of game next turn.

I've been getting much better games with it, but it's really hard to forgo the almighty auto include in every deck, Piloted Shredder. I'm going with 2 water elemental and 1 shredder right now, but it's a bit much on 4 drops. Still good results.

I feel in current meta elemental is better, unless you fight some odd priest once in a while, then that's going be tricky.

Loomba

I got 1100 Gold in prep for today. Is it new packs? I don't know why I'm stockpiling I have no idea what is being announced

Xanathus

I got 1100 Gold in prep for today. Is it new packs? I don't know why I'm stockpiling I have no idea what is being announced

They're very unlikely to actually release the card expansion today, it'll probably just be an announcement for the release date which will probably be another 2 weeks to a month. They're just gonna slow-drip the new card information until release as they've always done.

CoolOff

They're doing shop-maintenance for 4 hours this afternoon, an indication that something will release immediately after the announcement? 3 new class heroes?

Rapstah

Getting a fake card out of the way before we have to start talking about real new cards:
00957602.png

It wouldn't fit into the card text, but if you consider the cards you throw away when you replace your deck to be discarded, then playing a second copy would return those cards back to your deck.

Would this be completely broken? I'm picturing a Fel Reaver deck built around this card, and then the first two cards the Fel Reaver discards are your two copies of Metamorphosis.

Would this be completely broken? I'm picturing a Fel Reaver deck built around this card, and then the first two cards the Fel Reaver discards are your two copies of Metamorphosis.

I'd run it in my Warlock deck. Discard all your cards, tap all game and then get everything back?

Yeah probably not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Come on, they still haven't announced the new crap yet?

SteveWD40

Finally got to 12 wins in Arena, been playing since beta.

Mage with 3 Fireballs, 2 Flamestrikes, 2 Poly's and a bunch of value minions, few close games (and 2 losses) but the fireballs seemed to win the day more often than not.

Pooya

I'm thinking it's only a matter of (short) time before all these mid range/hybrid hunter players go back to face. It just doesn't seem very strong to me. Everytime one of them opens with webspinner, I'm like in relief, this is going to be easy and quick.

Their biggest threat is highmane, which all it takes is saving a polymorph or silence for. They can never pressure nearly enough. All of them (stupidly) play only freezing trap or snake, leaving them with no aoe clear. You can actually get value from freezing trap at times. Snake? is a joke zzz. It just seems weak right now to me.

The other deck I think will fall off next month is tempo mage, it was good last month, if you have that dream opening draw it's strong but it is still very easy to interrupt. Any deck can get lucky. It doesn't seem all that strong to me now. It's about same as mech mage.

I'm guessing next month more people will play giant echo mage instead, which can be very nasty but it's expensive relatively and require a whole different skills of playing that tempo/aggro players might not be familiar with. Similar grinder mages will probably be more popular too.

The other deck I think will fall off next month is tempo mage, it was good last month, if you have that dream opening draw it's strong but it is still very easy to interrupt. Any deck can get lucky. It doesn't seem all that strong to me now. It's about same as mech mage.

I've stopped playing Tempo and switched to pretty much control mage by adding cards like Nefarian. I'm seeing a lot of that on the ladder now with much slower decks.

So yep, face hunter time once more unless the new cards bring something and also exist.

Forkball

Arena is disabled for maintenance now too. Are we arena-players actually getting some love this expansion?

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

Well there was an alert that said there would be a four hour maintenance period that affected everything. Maybe they can put in some arena only cards just to make everyone mad.

embalm

I think the expansion is going to be patched in today. It may not be completely live, but it will be there.

I think Arena will be able to access the new cards. Along with cards that summon minions like Webspinner and Shredders.

I think the new Brawl will include the new cards from the expansion. Maybe build a deck with only the new cards or pre-made decks with new themes based on the new cards.

Maybe I should say "hope" instead of "think"

Pooya

I think the expansion is going to be patched in today. It may not be completely live, but it will be there.

I think Arena will be able to access the new cards. Along with cards that summon minions like Webspinner and Shredders.

I think the new Brawl will include the new cards from the expansion. Maybe build a deck with only the new cards or pre-made decks with new themes based on the new cards.

Maybe I should say "hope" instead of "think"

the brawl will go live in like 20 min on EU, I don't think there will be anything new available today other than new skins on shop. It will take 2-3 weeks until whatever this is to come out at least.

Authentication/payment servers are under maintenance today, shop and arena are down because of that. No cards today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom