• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Showdown at Blackrock (again) - Ragnaros vs Nefarian
WHAT THE FUCK.......

rkZq7.gif

gutshot

Might have been a mistake by Blizzard.

Someone just posted this on Reddit:

EScNHsX.jpg

Yup. And apparently this is the Brawl listed on Battle.net. Wonder if this is related to the two different builds currently being used right now? EDIT: Seems like it. This guy says he's on the newer patch.

Hopefully it will be sorted out in time for the NA launch.

Maybe it's a Brawl of Brawls?! You use a Brawl to fight other people's Brawl to see which Brawl is the best!

Also, what would be the difference between Too Many Portals and Summoner's Competition?

Heropon

I hope I get another pack from the Unstable Portal one, because it has been a disappointing one again. Secretkeeper as the rare, yay!

I think there's a little problem with the Brawl today.
On B.Net it says "TOO MANY PORTALS". I was expecting some Portal reference and this left me disappointed.

Phawx

Arenas are the worst. I got two 25 gold packs of three which let's me have that silly 5 gold remainder

I hope I get another pack from the Unstable Portal one, because it has been a disappointing one again. Secretkeeper as the rare, yay!

I feel you, bro.
I'm not finding good stuff since looong time.
The 2 last legendaries I found were TWO Cairne. And I obviously already got one.
My girlfriend found YSERA and ONYXIA in the same pack instead.
I feel so miserable.

Heropon

I feel you, bro.
I'm not finding good stuff since looong time.
The 2 last legendaries I found were TWO Cairne. And I obviously already got one.
My girlfriend found YSERA and ONYXIA in the same pack instead.
I feel so miserable.

There aren't that many good legendaries but it feels pretty bad when you don't have many and you still get repeats. For me it has been 2 repeats from 6 legendaries open, so ehhh.

Amazon updated Hearthstone on my phone two days ago, I logged in and preordered TGT and havent been able to play on my PC since. It's been great. Why hasn't HS updated on PC yet??

Sande

There aren't that many good legendaries but it feels pretty bad when you don't have many and you still get repeats. For me it has been 2 repeats from 6 legendaries open, so ehhh.
You shouldn't feel bad about repeat legendaries. That's 400 dust for one card when you usually get a new rare, maybe a common or two and 10-20 dust. Any legendary is very good to get from a pack.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So in theory I should have 2500 gold banked by time the expansion comes.

That's not a ton, but hey 25 packs gives me somewhat of a head start.

Phawx

When Hearthstone originally came out, I saved up to get Deathwing with Dust. I then got two more deathwings via opening packs.

cHinzo

Got Nefarian and a free win from the old Brawl. Azure Drake from the pack, which is pretty awesome since I didn't have him yet and he can be put in a lot of decks. :D Hope I get some Rogue cards like Preparation or Blade Flurry in the next pack.

Heropon

You shouldn't feel bad about repeat legendaries. That's 400 dust for one card when you usually get a new rare, maybe a common or two and 10-20 dust. Any legendary is very good to get from a pack.

When you think it that way it's true but I was pretty frustrated after seeing that glow and then it being another repeat. But yeah, now I only need 800 dust more to get the next Dr. Boom :)

Pooya

got Doomhammer and a golden angry chicken from instant concede Rag brawl. good enough for me. Better get a second pack now!

Wondering what will happen if I log in on android now, do you get portal brawl?

gutshot

Blizzard has acknowledged the problem on Twitter.

Got Gorehowl and a golden Demonfire in my pack, but another pack wouldn't be bad either.

My guess is the Brawl code does a version check and if it determines you are on the latest version, gives you the correct Brawl. If you are not on the correct version, it reverts to a default Brawl, which seems to be the first one. With this Amazon patch mix-up, it is only verifying those who are on that patch and giving them the correct Brawl.

So to fix it they will either need to push the latest patch to everyone (which I'm surprised hasn't been done already any way). Or go into the Brawl code and hardcode it to check for the specific version number that the majority of the player base is currently on.

embalm

How long was BRD pre-order available before the release?

I could have sworn that I heard the TGT pre-order would be available for 1 week before the release. Anyone know if that's true?

The meta has a fever, and the only cure TGT.

Savage Combatant reminds me of Dunemaul Shaman in that it would actually be way better if it was a 4/5 instead of 5/4. Although a 4 attack hero power when combined with Justicar Trueheart could be pretty cool.

Clockwork Knight seems fine, the stats are solid although it may be a little slow to use in most mech decks. Maybe not though, we'll see. Perhaps it could replace Mechanical Yeti.

gutshot

Okay. So I guess the patch was supposed to hit before this week's Brawl then?

I think so. My guess is they were set to release it but found some sort of issue they wanted to fix first but not before Amazon had already pushed it to their client. Subsequently, they haven't been able to fix whatever it is they wanted to fix in the first place and so now we've got two versions of the game out in the wild, which has completely fucked up this week's Brawl.

Rapstah

Did Nefarian always have more than one Razorgore in his deck? This Nefarian I'm facing right now does. What the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom