• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so what is it? Rag vs Nef (AGAIN!) or Unstable Portals?

I had Rag vs. Nef, then it patched with a "We put up the wrong one!" message on Battlenet, then it was Portals. So Unstable Portals is meant to be this week's.

Heh, played Gallywix and I guess my opponent thought he would fill my hand with portals to make me discard from my deck I guess? I don't know, it didn't really work out for him lol.

I played Gallywix in my first game and it went really badly for me. Opponent got so much value from the coins. Ah well.

manhack

Played a Druid who kept my Jeeves up the whole game and he was able to draw from it each turn. Meanwhile i couldn't get below 3 cards, but kept dropping 8+ minions he had to deal with.

Ended up using lightbomb at the end to clear his board and jeeves sent him into fatigue :)

if your client didnt update you'll get rag vs nef

after your client updates(launch the game and then quit) you'll get the intended portal summoning brawl

Doesn't work for my android phone. I tried logging out, closing and re opening the app, even rebooting my phone, still only getting Rag vs Nef.

Doesn't work for my android phone. I tried logging out, closing and re opening the app, even rebooting my phone, still only getting Rag vs Nef.

my guess they only pushed the update out for pc(how i'm playing) as I was gettng rag vs nef before I updated

I imagine it won't be long before blizzard pushes out the update for phones

gutshot

New legendaries revealed

en-us-full.png

en-us-full.png

Eydis could be crazy in the right deck, not sure what though. Maybe Priest could make some use of it.

Not sure about Fjola though. Could be a decent 3 drop for Priest as well.

Majine

Banned
Eydis seem kinda nice. Fjola is kinda dumb though. You're not gonna get additional value for spell #2, #3 and so on as you will with Eydis.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Eydis could be crazy in the right deck, not sure what though. Maybe Priest could make some use of it.

Power Word Shield makes an obvious turn 4 play. If you have the combo, you get a 3/6, a card, and deal 3 damage to a targeted minion or character.

If you think it will survive, playing it on turn 3 and then something like Velen's Chosen or Light of the Naruu would also be reasonable.

embalm

3 mana legendary cards that aren't trash.... I'm not even sure what game I'm playing any more!

They are really bringing out some nice cards for a Buff Deck.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Priest was probably the one class that didn't need 3 mana minions, and these seem awfully Priest specific

The main other possibility I could see is Paladin if you're using them as three drops in an aggressive deck. Dealing with a turn 4 6/4 with divine shield would be difficult. The other one is also self evident.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Eydis and flamewaker in tempo mage could be disgusting.

What would you cast on her? Frostbolt?

Edit:

Oh, spare parts, right. I feel that's less reliable though. It'd make more sense to just include clockwork gnomes or something into Paladin/Priest if you're being that speculative.

embalm

The main other possibility I could see is Paladin if you're using them as three drops in an aggressive deck. Dealing with a turn 4 6/4 with divine shield would be difficult. The other one is also self evident.

I agree. Paladin is the deck to be afraid of with these cards. The buff aggro pally is pretty good right now. It gets board early so it's likely these cards will survive a turn. The cheap buffs they run will make it much better with these.

I would even say that they are great Legendary cards for a Pally Zoo deck. Maybe the first legendary cards for that type of deck, which is very cool.

Dahbomb

Good thing that they are low cost Legendary minions.

Though those cards are exclusively Priest/Paladin legendaries because of the buff requirements.

Dragonkin Sorcerer didn't really take off although the effect of these Legendaries are more powerful so who knows.

Blizzard really wants to make buff decks work.

Xanathus

Priest seems to be getting the better cards this expansion with these and Tournament Medic, one of their weaknesses is that they rely too much on combos but these cards are solid on their own since they have good stats for their mana cost.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Good thing that they are low cost Legendary minions.

Though those cards are exclusively Priest/Paladin legendaries because of the buff requirements.

Dragonkin Sorcerer didn't really take off although the effect of these Legendaries are more powerful so who knows.

Blizzard really wants to make buff decks work.

Dragon decks in general need a few more dragons to work.

embalm

Those legendaries are good, but are basically useless to most classes
It should be good for Priest, Pally, and Druid. They will be staples for a buff deck and solid picks just for stats with upside in arena.

It's kind of like the Mad Scientist. Which gave huge buffs to the 3 classes with secrets and are considered an auto-include in any secret deck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom