• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I like how the twitter percentage was apparently legitimate and they just decided to completely ignore it when it went off the marketing schedule.

gutshot

I like how the twitter percentage was apparently legitimate and they just decided to completely ignore it when it went off the marketing schedule.

I think the issue is one of miscommunication. I don't think they were ever going to reveal the cards as soon as it hit 100%. Just that if it hit 100% during the voting period, they would reveal both cards once the voting period ended, as opposed to just one.

Rapstah

I had Nefarian/Ragnaros but when I quit the game the patch started downloading, so you can probably stay on Rag/Nef until you quit the game if you want to for some reason.

Raxus

After the prepurchase patch is installed the brawl should switch to unstable portal. Sorry, no double packs if you did both.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
for the pre-orderiing, we can only pre-order for one bundle at the special price right?

Yep

They taunt me...

lNP9m3G.jpg

Dahbomb

LMAO this dude played Fel Reaver from a Portal...

Every card basically counts as twice if you use it because it counts as a card when you use Portal and then when you play the discounted minion.

Easy win, easy game, easy pack, easy life.

Dahbomb

Not playing this Brawl again after my initial pack which I already got.

I can't handle this level of RNG. It's not good for my health .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LMAO this dude played Fel Reaver from a Portal...

Every card basically counts as twice if you use it because it counts as a card when you use Portal and then when you play the discounted minion.

Easy win, easy game, easy pack, easy life.
Easy coast

ViviOggi

Glad they at least went with their pick a class + get random spells (/weapons?) again. I think it's actually less rng-dependent than for example the 10 mana brawl, when you disregard the rare bullshit rolls what happens here is you get mediocre minions and have to use your resources smartly. Value trades are key, I've played like five games winning every single one, including huge turnarounds because my opponent got greedy. At worst it'll be an alright way to do dailies.

Dahbomb

Am I imagining things or are the portals giving way too many legendaries?
That's because you are used to not getting that many Legendaries from packs vs commons/rares because their luck is weighted.

From a Portal, you have as much chance of getting a Legendary as a commons/blues... there are just more common/rares than Legendaries so you will be getting those more often due to sheer numbers. But there is no extra weight to Legendaries in the generation of a card.

Opiate

These brawls are much better. The brawls like last week are built for long term players who want to bully players with much smaller card packs.

RNG brawls like this one even the playing field, which is the great strength of the format.

These brawls are much better. The brawls like last week are built for long term players who want to bully players with much smaller card packs.

RNG brawls like this one even the playing field, which is the great strength of brawls.

Well, I really enjoyed last week brawl even if I haven't got a lot of OP cards.
It was just helpful for easy wins and easy gold.
Btw yeah, not really friendly for fresh players.

Dahbomb

RNG brawls like this one even the playing field, which is the great strength of brawls.
They always alternate. Next week it will be the build your own deck challenge.

I like to theory craft decks in the new format. It's fun figuring out the best decks and then figuring out what beats the best decks (like people figured out that Priest was the "best", then Miracle Rogue came back to counter and then we had Murloc/Windfury Shamans also take over with the usual Savage Roar Druids in the mix). I am sure quite a lot of people enjoy that as well. I don't enjoy these premade decks personally but I am fine with them existing for the new players. Some people love the insane RNG and quite a lot of people enjoy playing with cards they don't usually get to play which is fine.

So it's good that one week caters to a specific audience and a different week it caters to a different audience.

So what's the word, GAF? Has Blizzard balanced the infamous Rag vs Nef fight since the last time?

RNG brawls like this one even the playing field, which is the great strength of the format.
I enjoy both styles of brawl. You could think of it like "p2w bullies scrub" but I like to think of it as getting my money's worth! It was a blast last week getting to use so many of my legendaries, some of which were otherwise just sitting around gathering dust (and not the good kind of dust :p).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rag seems a bit more consistent but Nef still has the advantage thanks to his hero power.

This Brawl:

Got two Mimiron's Head and the Priest mech on board in the same turn.

Warlock top decks Siphon Soul.

WHY DO YOU HATE FUN?

He then went on to win by playng Blingtron and getting Gladiator's Longbow to kill my Taunt and set up lethal, when any other weapon would have killed him with the damage.

Duster

Am I imagining things or are the portals giving way too many legendaries?

Hard to tell from a small sample size but it sure seems like it.
My opponents are certainly getting way too many, the first game I played some lucky bastard got Kel'thuzad and Sylvanas Windrunner out pretty early.

I've been getting more than normal too.... although of course I'm playing more so it may just be a trick of the mind.

would that have given you 2 voltrons?
I bet the one played first eats the other. Speaking of which, I think if you have more than the required mechs, V07TR0N will eat them all. That doesn't sound right though I thought I saw it happen before.

Edit: I'm guessing they're having issues on the server or whatever because not only is the Brawl messed up, the cards haven't been revealed yet!

Ladekabel

This brawl is amazing! For me it's the best so far.

Had a play against a Paladin. Had Rag and buffed Blackwing Crusher on the board but he got me down to 3 health. He played a secret and I was sure it was Eye for an Eye. Since I couldn't beat him in one hit he was sure to win and said "Well Played". He didn't knew that I had Tree of Life in my hand since the beginning of the match. I wish I saw his face when I played it. Cleared his board, he got unlucky with his portals and I won. I love this brawl!

Heh, played Gallywix and I guess my opponent thought he would fill my hand with portals to make me discard from my deck I guess? I don't know, it didn't really work out for him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom