• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I feel like Druid has prove the spellpower on Azure Drake is really useful. Also...people were just complaining about minions being given superstats that play on curve and how it makes the game boring...and now other people want Azure Drake to be more boring.
Druid has like 3 spells that benefit from Spellpower though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I always want to include an azure drake in paladin but the deck would only run consecration and spell damage is rather worthless. I'm not even sure if I would run it in dragon paladin but at least there it has more synergy.

Paladin has broken ass divine favour. It doesn't need more card draw than that.

It's classes that don't have broken class card draw that need Drake. :p

johnsmith

remember me
Paladins will probably get a 4/5 for 4 that says "Whenever a friendly silver hand recruit dies, draw a card." In the next expansion.

Paladin has broken ass divine favour. It doesn't need more card draw than that.

It's classes that don't have broken class card draw that need Drake. :p

Except divine favor is not broken, nor particularly useful outside of aggressive paladin decks. Azure drake is appealing because it drops a decent sized body AND cycles. If it did only that though, losing 3 stats for 1 card draw isn't good enough. But having spell power does make it good enough, for some decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That would be way too good.

WWWWWAAAAAYYYY too good.

The spell power is really only worth one stat, not two stats. So Azure Drake would be a 5/4 without the spell power.

Immediate card draw is worth about 3 stats. See Novice Engineer and Gnomish Inventor. If anything, Azure Drake is slightly stronger than it should be. It has a stat lineup similar to Thalnos for its cost but draws immediately. If you cut the spellpower off the card people would STILL play it. You don't need to make Azure Drake any better than it is.

Dahbomb

Yeah exactly Drake is already good as it is. Unless Blizzard is compelled to make a Sapphire Drake for raw power creep.

Dat misplay in the Hearthstone tournament holy shit! Punished by top dick Fireball lethal!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't like Secretkeeper. By playing Secretkeeper you are probably missing other drops. I'd rather play on curve minions. Zombie Chow a better choice imo.

I think there's merit to secretkeeper being really strong for the mirror match. Blocks them from playing any secrets from hand.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah exactly Drake is already good as it is. Unless Blizzard is compelled to make a Sapphire Drake for raw power creep.

Dat misplay in the Hearthstone tournament holy shit! Punished by top dick Fireball lethal!

We did a card contest awhile back on GAF. One of my submissions was a card similar to Azure Drake but instead of spellpower it had Enrage +3 attack. Something like that might be cool for the decks that can't use spellpower. That's not as good as an extra stat but better than spellpower for some decks.

Dahbomb

We did a card contest awhile back on GAF. One of my submissions was a card similar to Azure Drake but instead of spellpower it had Enrage +3 attack. Something like that might be cool for the decks that can't use spellpower. That's not as good as an extra stat but better than spellpower for some decks.
I would legit use that in the new Grim Patron deck.

Mostly because I can't currently use Azure Drake because 2 spell power on Whirlwind can clear your own board too. That's also why Azure Drake wasn't used in the original Patron deck and instead Gnomish was used.

squidyj

Okay I found it, I have 5 dollars for you if you went legend on the back of secret paladin :p

Line_HTX

God, Druid is the most boring class to watch. Fuckin freeze mage and control warrior are more entertaining.

Amen, I totally despise Druid. You either wait for Turn 9 combo or you go super aggressive and win on Turn 4. Stupid class.

I wonder... how heavy is that Doomhammer at the World Championship?

casual player here so i rarely ever get enough money to buy a booster pack so I pretty much just have what you're given when you start and a few of the warlock cards as thats my main(mainly cause its the only deck i win with :p even named the deck "this deck is my shit" lol)

I hate HAAAATTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE decks that revolve around taunts. I just quit once they play like 3 taunt cards in a row cause I already know where that shit is going, its always the god damn purple deer guy too. I really wish it was easier to get booster packs :( its such a damn grind.

Mulgrok

I counter shielded minibot with Blood Knight, but also include stuff like argent squire, argent horserider, etc.. They allow me to use the shields as removal or consume them for a big body and push damage. It works ok for me.

Line_HTX

Neilyo topdeck Mysterious Challenger on Turn 6, topdeck Tirion on Turn 8, and topdeck Ironbeak Owl on Turn 9 to silence LoveCX's Tirion for the lethal.

F*CK Brian "Prophet" Kibler.

Dahbomb

Neilyo topdeck Mysterious Challenger on Turn 6, topdeck Tirion on Turn 8, and topdeck Ironbeak Owl on Turn 9 to silence LoveCX's Tirion for the lethal.

F*CK Brian "Prophet" Kibler.
I almost barfed my lunch watching that.

Absolutely fucking disgusting. The dick was top notch in that one.

ParityBit

What can I replace zombie chows with?? I am always stuck with them later in the round when they are useless or when I need some real cards. I die with 1 or 2 rotting in my hand almost every game.

Tacitus_

What can I replace zombie chows with?? I am always stuck with them later in the round when they are useless or when I need some real cards. I die with 1 or 2 rotting in my hand almost every game.

Early game removal/minions, but you can usually get away with running 1 chow even in a midrange deck.

Magnus

I really hope we get new features or additions besides a new adventure at Blizzcon - either deckslots and/or new alternate heroes. Where my priest alt at?!

greepoman

Is neirea new to the game? Why on earth would you ever leave 2 minions on the board against rogue after he's sprinted? He couldve forced that dagger into noble sac instead of face.

Dahbomb

Is neirea new to the game? Why on earth would you ever leave 2 minions on the board against rogue after he's sprinted? He couldve forced that dagger into noble sac instead of face.
People have forgotten how to play against Rogue.

Random question but which class do you guys think has the most cards that are competitively viable (in constructed)? Which class has the least?

Parshias7

I don't think I'll make it to Rank 5 this month. Sitting one win away from Rank 8 and the Binding of Isaac expansion comes out today. Ain't nobody got time for Hearthstone!

Plus this is around the rank where my win streaks always go to shit. Last season I got to Rank 10 then had like a perfect 50% win ratio, in exactly the order it needed to be to never get a win streak going.

Dragner

You know when casters say the druid can win any game because they have unbeatable hands?, well, they may check that, I just went vs paladin: coin aspirant, innervate druid of the claw, shredder, swipe, ancient of war, ancient of lore drawing me combo, emperor, shredder and was not close to being close.

Minibot, muster, truesilver, loathed, dr 6 , dr 7, 2x secret divine favor, tyrion, owl,consecration,shredder,minimot,shredder truesilver...

Welcome to balancedstone.

Haunted

You know when casters say the druid can win any game because they have unbeatable hands?, well, they may check that, I just went vs paladin: coin aspirant, innervate druid of the claw, shredder, swipe, ancient of war, ancient of lore drawing me combo, emperor, shredder and was not close to being close.

Minibot, muster, truesilver, loathed, dr 6 , dr 7, 2x secret divine favor, tyrion, owl,consecration,shredder,minimot,shredder truesilver...

Welcome to balancedstone.
congratulations youre both terrible human beings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom