• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

I can't spam the sorry button fast enough when people taunt too early and then end up losing. I love it.

it's funny, i went up against a tempo mage who mulliganned none of his cards when i had to dump my whole hand, I threw across a well-played emote because I knew it was already over. I was surprised how long I lasted I even had an out to win the game on my last turn, but the draw didn't come :(

I think he misunderstood me as BMing tho.

it's funny, i went up against a tempo mage who mulliganned none of his cards when i had to dump my whole hand, I threw across a well-played emote because I knew it was already over. I was surprised how long I lasted I even had an out to win the game on my last turn, but the draw didn't come :(

I think he misunderstood me as BMing tho.

Why did you have to dump your hand? Oh nvm you're talking about the Mulligan.

Hige

Disclaimer: I'm far from expert so take this advice at your own risk.

As you want to play all classes use your gold on the first two wings of Naxx as that will give you some of the best cards in the game that will help you fill at least five slots in any deck. You won't need any more adventure wings for a while after that.

Then if this weeks tavern brawl is suitable use it to rebuild your gold reserves, you may not know that you can re-roll one quest a day so you can focus on those that offer 50 or 60 gold. If it's an unsuitable brawl do the same in constructed although that will be harder.

Once the brawl is shut try arena if you think you can get at least three wins the majority of the time, try to combine each run with a daily quest to keep your gold levels topped up. If arena proves too hard switch to buying packs. Hopefully by Wednesday you'd have got a few arena runs in, the next brawl will be open and you can start the process over again.

You should also have a fair bit of dust by then, people differ on how to spend it. Many say never craft a common but I think crafting a couple of the best neutral commons is a good idea, especially Piloted Shredder and Ironbeak owl (knife juggler is rare but I'd recommend that next).

So depending on your luck with pack opening you should have at least 10 neutral cards better than what you have now which should make things easier. The odd bad quest, pack, brawl or 0 win arena run will get in the way but those are the breaks.

Yeah I'd just throw myself at arena for the time being. It's the only worthwhile mode right now anyway.

Thanks guys. I'll probably wait for BlizzCon before deciding where to spend my gold. Getting the first two Naxx wings might open up my deck options enough to make quests less of a chore.

Also, complaining on the Internet totally works for boosting your luck. It took me like 5 tries to win a Tavern Brawl, but I got my card pack and got a Lord Jaraxxus out of it! I can't do anything with it except replace a high cost minion with him, but still kind of exciting.

Owzers

Lost to double savage roar at turn 7, but at least it wasn't turn six! For a second there i thought i was going to woosh my way to rank 5 but i got kicked back to 7.

Filth

So I just started playing. I beat someone in arena. Bought like 3 booster packs and paid for the first nax bosses. I thought 7.99 would unlock all of nax. Didn't think it would be 7.99 each. I think that's a little pricey, but is that a way of getting good cards? Also I'm using the Mage deck with a bunch of good unlocked cards. Haven't messed with anything besides warrior and warlock. Any reccomendations?

Tacitus_

>playing zoo
>no turn 1 play
>no turn 2 play
>have to tap on turn 2 vs mech mage

l2sJi.jpg

embalm

So I just started playing. I beat someone in arena. Bought like 3 booster packs and paid for the first nax bosses. I thought 7.99 would unlock all of nax. Didn't think it would be 7.99 each. I think that's a little pricey, but is that a way of getting good cards? Also I'm using the Mage deck with a bunch of good unlocked cards. Haven't messed with anything besides warrior and warlock. Any reccomendations?
I would get every class to level 10. That way you get all of the basic cards for each class and a little experience about what each one is capable of. You can also beat all of the expert AI and it rewards you some gold.

Naxx is a great expansion and it's loaded with good cards for a variety of classes and play styles.

Welcome aboard and prepare for addiction. Check out the OT for some links to beginner videos. Trump's starter videos are really good.

sibarraz

Banned
Today I finished an arena run an somehow got the feeling that I will get a legendary on my pack

GPudjmH.png

And I was right! I dusted him for justicar truehart, I finally got him, after neglecting him for 2 months and crafting others cards

The_Poet

Banned

Ah you can buy the whole of the adventures for way less then the price of the individual wings added up.

Naxx has some important cards for the cheap decks at the moment (mad scientist/shade/loatheb) so I would say its worth buying the full adventure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So wait, what happened? Did the hubbub over Patron simply mask the real problem behind this game and the direction it's heading in?

Because I'm pretty sure no one was concerned about the sky falling last month.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've been having some success with gnomish inventor in my Mage deck.

That plus AI & Dragon give me some real deal card draw.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So wait, what happened? Did the hubbub over Patron simply mask the real problem behind this game and the direction it's heading in?

The complaining all essentially falls to the role that Mysterious Challenger is playing. Efficient on curve tempo plays have existed since Midrange Paladin in GvG. But Mysterious Challenger has pushed it to an unacceptably BONKERS level. Midrange Paladin started to struggle in the meta because it lacked solid clincher and Mysterious Challenger became that clincher. Instead of being a solid tempo deck that slowly wittles away at your health, now it became a tempo deck that drops thermonuclear bombs. There are significantly fewer drawbacks to that strategy.

Mysterious Challenger is the most egregiously overpowered card introduced into the game since the official release. It is worse than pre-nerf Undertaker.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure I was complaining about MC before it even came out.

Xanathus

The complaining all essentially falls to the role that Mysterious Challenger is playing. Efficient on curve tempo plays have existed since Midrange Paladin in GvG. But Mysterious Challenger has pushed it to an unacceptably BONKERS level. Midrange Paladin started to struggle in the meta because it lacked solid clincher and Mysterious Challenger became that clincher. Instead of being a solid tempo deck that slowly wittles away at your health, now it became a tempo deck that drops thermonuclear bombs. There are significantly fewer drawbacks to that strategy.

Mysterious Challenger is the most egregiously overpowered card introduced into the game since the official release. It is worse than Undertaker.

Mysterious Challenger/Secret Paladin isn't actually the root problem, it's just the epitome example of how broken Hearthstone has become. The real problem is that Blizzard keeps nerfing every form of combo/control deck, all the way from beta with the OTK Molten Giant Warrior decks, then Freeze Mage, then Miracle Rogue, then Patron Warrior. On top of that they constantly add strong minions with high stats and/or ridiculously powerful effects. This leads to only tempo decks where you just play the strongest minion of each mana cost being the best decks in the game. Secret Paladin just happens to be the current strongest variant of that deck archetype because they're the only class that has Dr. 6, and to an extent Dr. 2 and Dr. 3 (Shielded Minibot, Muster for Battle). Technically if every class had access to a "Dr." for every mana cost, Warlock would be the best archetype (see pre-Naxx Zoolock).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Paladin has a conditional 1 drop as well in Secret Keeper.

Today I lost to a 5/6 Secret Keeper...

Undertaker is back
PogChamp.png
Seriously Secret Keeper is so fucking strong, you want to kill it ASAP but if you do you tend to lose tempo costing you a lot later on, feels bad man.

Xanathus

Paladin has a conditional 1 drop as well in Secret Keeper.

Today I lost to a 5/6 Secret Keeper...

A certain somebody in this thread made a bet with me that Secret Keeper wouldn't be run in a deck with Mysterious Challenger before TGT came out. Still haven't called him out on it yet...

Filth

Ah you can buy the whole of the adventures for way less then the price of the individual wings added up.

Naxx has some important cards for the cheap decks at the moment (mad scientist/shade/loatheb) so I would say its worth buying the full adventure.

Didn't know that thanks. Just bought all of nax and getting my ass handed to me haha

ZealousD

I don't like Secretkeeper. By playing Secretkeeper you are probably missing other drops. I'd rather play on curve minions. Zombie Chow a better choice imo.

Dahbomb

I don't like Secretkeeper. By playing Secretkeeper you are probably missing other drops. I'd rather play on curve minions. Zombie Chow a better choice imo.
You play Secret Keeper on curve just like Chow. Secret Keeper just has the chance to grow even more.

Even if it's played as a 1/2, just like Undertaker the other opponent is forced to remove it.

And double Secret Keeper into a couple of secrets opener with the coin is generally automatically GG just like old school Undertaker.

ZealousD

You play Secret Keeper on curve just like Chow. Secret Keeper just has the chance to grow even more.

Even if it's played as a 1/2, just like Undertaker the other opponent is forced to remove it.

And double Secret Keeper into a couple of secrets opener with the coin is generally automatically GG just like old school Undertaker.

On Curve Secretkeeper means you have to miss a 2 drop and/or 3 drop for it to meaningfully grow. Removing a 1/2 is trivial. Secretkeeper is so much easier to deal with than Undertaker was.

And Double Secretkeeper into Double Secrets is an insane dream like the double mechwarper nonsense people used to go on about. It's so rare it should barely enter as meaningful conversation.

Dahbomb

On Curve Secretkeeper means you have to miss a 2 drop and/or 3 drop for it to meaningfully grow. Removing a 1/2 is trivial. Secretkeeper is so much easier to deal with than Undertaker was.

And Double Secretkeeper into Double Secrets is an insane dream like the double mechwarper nonsense people used to go on about. It's so rare it should barely enter as meaningful conversation.
Thing is that Secret Paladin has numerous of these god openers.

Secret Keeper into Minibot plus random ass secret. (especially if it's either Avenge or Noble Sacrifice)

Minibot into Muster for battle.

Knife Juggler into Muster for Battle.

Minibot, Muster for Battle + Avenge or Competitive Spirit with Blessing of Kings.

Dr 1, Dr 2, Dr 3, Dr 4, Dr 5, Dr 6, Dr 7, Dr 8 god curve.

Double Secret Keeper opener is merely one of the godlike openers that deck can have.

Owzers

to my credit, i dislike almost everything.

Vanillalite

People would disagree, but I wish Azure Drake was 5/5 with the card draw. I'd trade the +1 to SP for the extra 1/1 to the minion itself.

Dahbomb

People would disagree, but I wish Azure Drake was 5/5 with the card draw. I'd trade the +1 to SP for the extra 1/1 to the minion itself.
That would be way too good.

WWWWWAAAAAYYYY too good.

The spell power is really only worth one stat, not two stats. So Azure Drake would be a 5/4 without the spell power.

Cat Party

WWWWWAAAAAYYYY too good.

The spell power is really only worth one stat, not two stats. So Azure Drake would be a 5/4 without the spell power.
The spell power is basically free already, since card draw is normally worth 3 stat points (gnomish, novice engineer).

Vanillalite

WWWWWAAAAAYYYY too good.

That's fine. I just want the 5 attack power cause of the creature creep.

inky

Azure Drake is probably one of my favorite cards in the game, if not my favorite. I even use it in my Warrior that can't take advantage of spell power as much.

I wouldn't trade spell power for any number of stats, I think it's fine like it is. Love the flexibility. There' plenty other raw card draw out there. I'd be fine with more Dragons that do different stuff tho.

I always want to include an azure drake in paladin but the deck would only run consecration and spell damage is rather worthless. I'm not even sure if I would run it in dragon paladin but at least there it has more synergy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like Druid has prove the spellpower on Azure Drake is really useful. Also...people were just complaining about minions being given superstats that play on curve and how it makes the game boring...and now other people want Azure Drake to be more boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom