• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Owzers

O________O i've been running into more annoying people than usual, who ropes just to finish someone off while spamming sorry?

Haunted

Well, Boom and Thaurissan were among the top 5 most played cards (as of last month), so it's not impossible that he's seen a lot of those.

4AU16X3.png

What if there was like, a Big Game Hunter that killed minions with over 7 health

He can be called, Small Game Hunter and be 2/4.

That would be rad.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What if there was like, a Big Game Hunter that killed minions with over 7 health

That would be rad.

No.

Nonononono.

The cases where that doesn't already overlap with BGH are for cards that were either already designed around BGH like Kelthuzad and Chromaggus, or big taunts like Ancient of War and Deathlord. Control doesn't need to be beat up anymore than it is already.

Azure Drake, the OG from Classic. A card that will probably last forever.

Azure Drake is just a well designed card. Unless he gets Yeti'd and they introduce some omega god tier 5 drop that does the same thing or better (plz no) he will be around forever.

That would be rad.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. Kel'thuzad and Chromaggus dodge BGH and thats the only reason they see some play. Suddenly Ysera gets way worse. Deathlords become unplayable...

Also BGH needs to be a 2/2. I dunno why he is a 4/2, that's stupid.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Azure Drake is just a really well designed card. The stats aren't amazing for 5 cost, but they're pretty good. It has +Spell Damage which is great for a lot of classes. It also draws a card which is great for everyone. The card has something for everyone and for some classes (Mage, Druid, Rogue mostly) has TONS of value. It is never going away unless they print a version with 5 health or something.

Azure Drake is just a really well designed card. The stats aren't amazing for 5 cost, but they're pretty good. It has +Spell Damage which is great for a lot of classes. It also draws a card which is great for everyone. The card has something for everyone and for some classes (Mage, Druid, Rogue mostly) has TONS of value. It is never going away unless they print a version with 5 health or something.

Shaman also runs it. Any dragon deck will run it as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Shaman also runs it. Any dragon deck will run it as well.

Oh right. Obviously it's a shoe-in for any Dragon tribe deck. The draw a card effect alone ensures it will go in. Shaman runs it for the obvious synergy with the damage spells. It's really the draw a card effect that keeps it in the conversation. If it had something else besides that with the Spell Damage, I don't think it would ever be something so ubiquitous.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Getting something playable in the first couple of turns seems way too important. It's like the RNG on the first discovery determines who wins.

Seems like it. I went against a rogue who got the 2/3 pirate which kept getting buffed by his weapons. Annoying as hell.

Dahbomb

Well, Boom and Thaurissan were among the top 5 most played cards (as of last month), so it's not impossible that he's seen a lot of those.
The King in less that half of the deck?

Need to see the receipts on that. Also I can't believe Emperor is that high.

Azure Drake a true OG. Sadly Blizzard hates cards like that.

That would be rad.
Card is called Small Game Hunter yet it kills shit like Kelthuzad, Tirion, Ysera, Chromaggus etc.

Ayyy lmao

We need an actual small game hunter that kills 2 minions below there attack.

Sande

Edit: I think I got it wrong. Playing or not playing the chickens doesn't matter I guess.

It's probably just best to never play any chickens in this brawl, unless you draw some crazy board-wide buffs early on. Otherwise you'll just fill your deck with chickens and who wants that. It's actually a pretty cool concept, but I would have picked a little better vanilla minion. That other brawl was pretty cool with the 2/3 pirates and I think something like that could have work here as well. It reduces the RNG effect that the discovery has to a manageable level.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's probably just best to never play any chickens in this, unless you draw some crazy board-wide buffs early on. Otherwise you'll just fill your deck with chickens and who wants that.

I actually made a super aggro deck on the fly since it gave me lucky picks. Started with the 2/1 kvaldir guy and a bunch of chickens, pulled a gormok and was always able to meet the requirements, lol.

Also Jaraxxus is ridiculous in this. I got to ooze the opponent's weapon after he turned into him, then he just reused him for a heal/weapon again(and can usually coin a 6/6).

Wait... I got the impression that the cards you play you get more of. But yeah I guess you're right. 1 copy of every card in your hand ends up back in the deck.

Yeah i thought the concept was to reward only playing strong cards, or cards you feel like you have too.... but putting your entire hand back in is just dumb

jgminto

God, this brawl is nauseating with all the tool tips on the screen. If it takes that much to explain the basic concept of the brawl, it probably isn't a good idea. At least I got an Epic from the pack.

ViviOggi

Been tilting pretty hard in arena, just shit drafts and off-curve draws 24/7, 10+ Uther fucks at x-2, switched to constructed, Reynoodle Zoo, got well faced

Then I almost quit for the day but picked up my Renolock instead and after two games it hit me like a good high: this game can actually be fun

Tried out the twins, 4/7 for 5 is just a godlike statline and Stalagg is the perfect Shadowflame target. I'm liking it a lot.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not feelin' this brawl, games get a bit too long without any kind of strategy goin' on.

I love that they're testing new gameplay modes though :3

Szadek

Took me a while to get the hang of this brawl,but after that it was really fun.
You need to keep track of what card are in each deck ,what cards work best in your's what counters his deck.

Top Bottom