• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

squidyj

I managed to get a hunter to clog his deck with like 10 hats in the brawl. The key to keeping him from getting any value from them is making sure he had to kill the minions that had them on his turn.
don't do hats kids, not even once.

CVRcemCUAAAmsGC.png:large

I don't think I have ever crushed someone that hard. He was going to lose before Tirion popped out of the Deathlord. I also topdecked Boom on turn 7.

I don't think I've played a single person so far within the last two days that didn't have a golden portrait.

I mean I have one too on my Paladin but still!

inky

Kripp just got to experience the bullshit of this brawl first hand.

His opponent just drew like 7 legendaries in a row, behind Kel'Thuzad. He got so fucking rekt, lol. That was cathartic.

Dahbomb

Kripp playing this Brawl pretty bad and he keeps arguing with the chat over it.

He doesn't realize that playing chickens makes it significantly more likely that you draw chickens the next turn. If you keep them in hand then you minimize the chance for them to draw them on your next turn. It's fine to play chicken early on but later on don't play chickens unless you really have to.

squidyj

Kripp playing this Brawl pretty bad and he keeps arguing with the chat over it.

He doesn't realize that playing chickens makes it significantly more likely that you draw chickens the next turn. If you keep them in hand then you minimize the chance for them to draw them on your next turn. It's fine to play chicken early on but later on don't play chickens unless you really have to.

that's not how it works.
you play the chicken and a copy goes into your deck.
you don't play the chicken and it goes back into your deck when your hand shuffles back in at the end of the turn.
either way you have a chicken in your deck at the end of your turn.

if you time rewindered the chicken, or shadowstepped it or something then you would get more chickens in your deck.

Sylvanas and Tirion are not argument enough for running Entomb over SW:D.

I have issues with sylvanas w/ the control priest deck. Honestly the bigger issues I actually have are belcher and ysera if I dont have my combo or already used it or Volgin. A lot of rando decks were running ysera last month. Entomb on those may also be nice

that's not how it works.
you play the chicken and a copy goes into your deck.
you don't play the chicken and it goes back into your deck when your hand shuffles back in at the end of the turn.
either way you have a chicken in your deck at the end of your turn.

if you time rewindered the chicken, or shadowstepped it or something then you would get more chickens in your deck.

It took me like 3 games to realize this. At first I thought like Dahbomb as well then I was like wait a minute....

KuroNeeko

I love the Brawl today, especially as an Ascension player.
Your deck constantly evolves to either outpace, or shutdown, your opponent's picks.

Yeah, sometimes there's just dumb luck and you get all OP stuff or trash, but otherwise it's deeper than it looks.

What we should really take from this is that Blizzard is probably testing for a card that will allow you to reshuffle your hand into your library, maybe at the end of the turn.

Entomb comes out tomorrow right? That's going to suck for Tirion. He's the best possible card to steal. Him or Mal'Ganis.

YEAH!

To be honest, I don't think it will see much use. Single target removal at 6 mana feels waaaay to slow unless you're really in a control / control match-up (which is rare on the ladder.)

Maybe a single copy in an even slower meta? I mean, this card competes with Sylvanas, Lightbomb, and CSP in the 6 mana slot.

I ... want it to be good. ;.; (Gold version looks awesome!)

I don't really think I've understood this brawl yet.

Well you see...you pick a card from the discovery....and you use that card and it gets added to your deck..if you don't use the card, you don't get it in your deck....so if you keep using the card, you keep getting it in your deck...

....I think?

I don't really think I've understood this brawl yet.

- You start with 7 cards.
- You pick a top deck card.
- End of turn all those cards go back into your deck
- Start of turn now you will draw 4 of those 8 cards.
- End of turn all those cards go back into your deck.
- Start of turn now you will draw 4 of those 9 cards.
- Repeat so next turn you will draw 4 of those 10 cards.

Well you see...you pick a card from the discovery....and you use that card and it gets added to your deck..if you don't use the card, you don't get it in your deck....so if you keep using the card, you keep getting it in your deck...

....I think?

Doesn't matter if you use it or not it's going back and you can redraw it next turn.

I drew Boom 4 out of 5 turns....

DEEERP.

Haunted

The King in less that half of the deck?

Need to see the receipts on that. Also I can't believe Emperor is that high.

Azure Drake a true OG. Sadly Blizzard hates cards like that.
Stats are compiled from the uploaded decks at HearthPwn and HearthHead.

So netdecks, basically.

Also, I think Blizzard is super happy with the design of Azure Drake.

Haunted

Doesn't matter if you use it or not it's going back and you can redraw it next turn.

DEEERP.
So since my hand is shuffled back into my deck every time I should always try to use my mana optimally every turn and not keep anything back.

How many chickens and coins does the deck start with?

So since my hand is shuffled back into my deck every time I should always try to use my mana optimally every turn and not keep anything back.

YEP. Toss it all to the wind! At first I figure if you didn't play chicken you wouldn't draw chickens.. I drew them again anyways. Literally just had a game played BOom on turn #7. Played him again on 9 and 10.

LOL RNG GODS!

I think 3 each. I've gotten hands with 3 chickens and I've also gotten hands with 3 coins. And then I think there are 1 attack spare part and 1 hp spare part.

KuroNeeko

DEEERP.

Yeah, it's like this.

You guys should check out Ascension if you haven't already.

Haunted

I wonder if cards that net you additional cards (Discover cards, Gazlowe, Spellslinger, Unstable Portal) are super good or super bad then.

They should be quickly increasing your total deck size.

I wonder if cards that net you additional cards (Discover cards, Gazlowe, Spellslinger, Unstable Portal) are super good or super bad then.

They should be quickly increasing your total deck size.

They can be either. It depends if the card they give you is good!

I found the best way to win the brawl, which is hope your opponent disconnects. I don't mind RNG brawls, they can be fun. But long RNG brawls where everybody seems to take a minute to pick a card?

No thanks.

JesseZao

This brawl is weird but cool. It's like Dominion.

Yep. Thought the same thing.

I used to play Dominion online at isotropic, but it's really to bad that all of the "official" apps have been complete garbage since isotropic had to shut down its implementation. I'm currently downloading the latest android Dominion, but the reviews already signal it being terrible. Oh well. Not everybody can have competent digital platforms.

i dont understand this brawl

i was like drafting great cards, and then this guy plays 2 chos, gets a shitload of coins, and then drops fuckin rag and deathwing over and over aa BULLSHIT

did i get outplayed?? what tf happened

KuroNeeko

One thing to keep in mind is that cards are not "drawn", but rather put into your hand every turn.

This makes cards like Shadowfiend and Beneath the Grounds less effective.

bjaelke

One thing to keep in mind is that cards are not "drawn", but rather put into your hand every turn.

This makes cards like Shadowfiend and Beneath the Grounds less effective.

Yeah, you need to discover some draw cards if you want to benefit from Shadowfiend (and in my case, Chromaggus).

Haunted

I can't tell how the interaction with Fel Reaver will work in this new brawl.

It'll discard cards, but the ones in your hand/in play will always be there?

I can't tell how the interaction with Fel Reaver will work in this new brawl.

It'll discard cards, but the ones in your hand/in play will always be there?

You go into fatigue. But you still get 4 cards at the start of the round. I don't know how they decide which 4 though.

It happened to me. I had Fel Reaver and he fatigued me. So on my next turn it let me choose a top deck and somehow RNG god decided to bless me with Hammer Of Wrath. So I played hammer and it went into my deck and of course I pulled hammer again.

I don't know what would of happened if the game went longer because the two hammer was what I needed to bypass his taunt for lethal. LOL

Top Bottom