• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

KuroNeeko

Consistency is not a problem though.

Sorry! I misunderstood what you wrote then. I thought the problem was how different cards were handling the play order differently - notably Sacred Trial and Redemption. Seems like you were actually arguing against strictly basing assumptions about that timing on observation because your observations could be incorrect.

Is that right?

I had no idea that Mad Scientist → Mirror Image would copy an SI Agent though. :/

Sorry! I misunderstood what you wrote then. I thought the problem was how different cards were handling the play order differently - notably Sacred Trial and Redemption. Seems like you were actually arguing against strictly basing assumptions about that timing on observation because your observations could be incorrect.

Is that right?

I had no idea that Mad Scientist → Mirror Image would copy an SI Agent though. :/

I think it's because the combo damage counts as coming from the player, so really how it goes is-

2 Damage to Mad Scientist>Mirror Image>SI:3 agent placed

Dahbomb

BRM is the most useless adventure ever. There's less then 10 cards that is actually used.
List is closer to 15 and that's like half of the cards in the set. It's a very solid overall adventure.

Dragonkin Sorcerer, Twilight Welp, Blackwing Corruptor, Blackwing Technician, Flamewaker, Imp Gang Boss, Fireguard Destroyer, Quick Shot, Emperor Thaurissan, Grim Patron, Revenge, Dark Iron Skulker, Twilight Welp etc. all get used regularly these days with odd stuff like Nefarian and Demonwrath also seeing play.

KuroNeeko

Man, I'm having a hard time getting Raptor Rogue to work.

Like, it seems like it just loses to Aggro without a lot of the rogue tempo tools like Blade Fury and Sap, and just doesn't have teeth against Control Decks. What is it supposed to be good against?

I don't think I could part with Murloc Knight, it can snowball like no other card in the late game and it's still decent if you need to play it on curve.

I agree it's good but have you ever said "damn Murloc was the sole reason I won that game." I personally never have. I just feel like with the new keeper card it such a diverse 4 drop you gotta cut the damn knight. Makes the Midrange vs Seceret match up so much easier too. Now you have 5 ways to deal with Dr.6/7/8. Aldor/Keeper/Owl/BGH/Equality + Consec. 5 mother fucking ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0m0T2-l6A

LOL. Too bad face hunter are easy as hell to beat in this meta.

Lyng

I agree it's good but have you ever said "damn Murloc was the sole reason I won that game." I personally never have. I just feel like with the new keeper card it such a diverse 4 drop you gotta cut the damn knight. Makes the Midrange vs Seceret match up so much easier too. Now you have 5 ways to deal with Dr.6/7/8. Aldor/Keeper/Owl/BGH/Equality + Consec. 5 mother fucking ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0m0T2-l6A

LOL. Too bad face hunter are easy as hell to beat in this meta.

I had a game last night where Murloc Knight won me the game. Was behind on the board but murlock knight spawned a murloc knight, and to turns later opponent conceded because the constant flow of murlocs ended up making my murlocs to strong to remove, gave me board control, and let me get face damage in every turn.

Murloc knight is one of the best 4 drops in the game imo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How important do you guys think Owl is for Mid Pally? I'm not running one in mine since I don't know what I'd cut for it.

I haven't run owl in mine in awhile and it's fine. The biggest problem is actually the mirror if they run owl and you don't, since Tirion is a pain in the ass. Though like your list, I also run Sylvanas so something will get value atleast.

Papercuts

Have to get 5 wins for a domination quest, so I head to casual...

5 paladin's in a row. 5 minibots into muster. What the actual fuck.

I run two of them in my Midrange Paladin, and Murloc Knight has been solely responsible for quite a few wins. Spawning a Warleader or a second Murloc Knight can outright win you the game right there. Midrange wins by getting board control and just grinding you out with tokens, and Murloc Knight adds to that.

Dragner

Im running 1 knight + 2 keeper. Sounds better in the current meta. Any time an agro druid drops a fell reaver...'that was a mistake'.

Celegus

Have to get 5 wins for a domination quest, so I head to casual...

5 paladin's in a row. 5 minibots into muster. What the actual fuck.
The main difference in paladins isn't the cards they play because those are always the same, but rather how many times they "Well Met!" you.

Papercuts

The main difference in paladins isn't the cards they play because those are always the same, but rather how many times they "Well Met!" you.

I squelch the first moment possible.

But it is futile when the game shows what the opponent highlights, so I can still tell when they're emoting. :mad:

Pooya

ok I won my first brawl, then second one was disconnected, third one was disconnected too and now infinite wheel. All that random deck/hand switching was too much for weaksauce EU servers I guess.

ViviOggi

I squelch the first moment possible.

But it is futile when the game shows what the opponent highlights, so I can still tell when they're emoting. :mad:
I do the same and who cares about the highlight, it's all about not hearing the the shit-eatingly smug VA

No we haven't met well, no you won't fight with a single shred of honor and the only justice you'll ever see is me smashing your face in

Note how the new heroes all have pleasant emotes, even Hunter sounds respectable. The delay of more skins likely comes from the fact that Metzen can't come up with a friendly line to save his life

Haunted

I'll just say it out loud and spare people the embarrassment in the future.

Is anyone still not aware of the pun in Antique Heal Bot?

Truly, the modern equivalent to Miles "Tails" Prower.

Are the EU servers especially shitty today? Over 2min in queue and still no game.
Same here. Servers can't handle the new brawl? Can't get into a game.

Haunted

the bomb is being dropped on nismogrendel right now

giphy.gif

Haunted

Attention Hearthstone rule experts:

Your opponent has an explosive trap active. You attack face with Gladiator's Longbow. Should you take damage from the Explosive Trap or not?

It's a rhetorical question because no one plays gladiator's longbow, but still.

The_Poet

Banned

Your opponent has an explosive trap active. You attack face with Gladiator's Longbow. Should you take damage from the Explosive Trap or not?

You shouldn't, you turn immune as soon as you target something

Kornflayx

Someone's watched Day9

cHinzo

Slowest Brawl ever lol. Building a deck while in-game. Won my first Brawl, because of getting Hobgoblin and Annoy-O-Tron. :D

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm done with this fucking game.

It's near impossible to play a game where you're not going up against some douchebag who needs 6-7 Legendary cards in their deck.

Blizzard seriously needs to implement a limit on how many Epic and Legendary cards are allowed in a single deck. It's clear most players can't build a deck on their own without following some guide, hence the reason everyone and their grandmother has Dr Boom and General Thaddeus. Same shit over and over. This used to be a fun game when there was a sense of strategy. Now it's pay to win garbage.

Lupercal

Banned
I'm done with this fucking game.

It's near impossible to play a game where you're not going up against some douchebag who needs 6-7 Legendary cards in their deck.

Blizzard seriously needs to implement a limit on how many Epic and Legendary cards are allowed in a single deck. It's clear most players can't build a deck on their own without following some guide, hence the reason everyone and their grandmother has Dr Boom and General Thaddeus. Same shit over and over. This used to be a fun game when there was a sense of strategy. Now it's pay to win garbage.

Thaddeus en Dr Boom are cards which any deck can use and off course pretty OP, so why wouldn't you need it?
Gotta get that gold money.

Top Bottom