• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

kiryani

+1 for Azure Drake, absolute OG. Crafted 2 of them in beta. Probably my most played card in hearthstone when it comes to literally number of times dropped

+1 for Azure Drake, absolute OG. Crafted 2 of them in beta. Probably my most played card in hearthstone when it comes to literally number of times dropped

I think for me its probably Chow or Shredder.

Wait, it's actually gotta be Mad Scientist. I used to play a LOT of hunter and mage.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Been tilting pretty hard in arena, just shit drafts and off-curve draws 24/7, 10+ Uther fucks at x-2, switched to constructed, Reynoodle Zoo, got well faced

Then I almost quit for the day but picked up my Renolock instead and after two games it hit me like a good high: this game can actually be fun

Tried out the twins, 4/7 for 5 is just a godlike statline and Stalagg is the perfect Shadowflame target. I'm liking it a lot.

I've been really burning out on the game lately but Renolock is the most fun I've had in a long time.

Finalow

aggro shaman is real
is it just me or the new aggro shaman is even more cancer than paladin?

my aggro deck got destroyed 2 or 3 times today by that fucking new shaman card Tunnel Trogg plus Feral Spirit(s) and the usual aggro/damage shaman cards following.

1 - 3 for 1 with ''whenever you overload, gain +1 attack per locked mana crystal''
that usual blizzard balance

Dahbomb

is it just me or the new aggro shaman is even more cancer than paladin?

my aggro deck got destroyed 2 or 3 times today by that fucking new shaman card Tunnel Trogg plus Feral Spirit(s) and the usual aggro/damage shaman cards following.

1 - 3 for 1 with ''whenever you overload, gain +1 attack per locked mana crystal''
that usual blizzard balance
Tunnel Trogg is far worse than Mana Wyrm. Tunnel Trogg is balanced.

I'm liking midrange paladin a bit more than secret after playing a couple of games with it

the win condition isn't as drastic but you get good turn 4-6s more consistently (hence why it's a midrange deck I guess). There just isn't much "flavor" to it, it feels like playing a good arena deck.

Moonlight

Banned
Well, got my pack. Never playing that shit again.

Not even my pack was good.

EDIT: Gazlowe is 2good tho. Got a Mech Bear Cat for ultimate mech generation synergy.

Lyng

That is the worst brawl to date. Zero skill. JUst pick shaman and hope for totem golem in opening hand and laugh all the way

kiryani

Most of my decks have no Legendaries. I only own the few I'be been lucky to receive. I have to take my game to the next level and start reading up a little. As of late I can barely get by on my own created decks.

Post your deck bro :)

You'll find that a lot of cards that seem good on paper aren't actually that great when you play them for loads of different reasons.

Also some of the most successful decks you can play have very little or no legendaries at all in them , I play an aggressive secret Paladin sometimes and it has 2 epics, a few rares and mostly commons in it, and it's unfairly strong sometimes.

It's far more important to have good drops at each mana slot , so a good 2 drop into a good 3 drop and then a good 4 drop etc than have a load of high cost legendaries. Removal is a huge part too, every class has ways and means. For 5 mana in paladin you can clear an entire board of legendaries on your opponents side with 2 cards, like literally an entire board of 10/10 creatures even.

Then there's little things that don't seem obvious like attacking with a weapon into a creature is almost always better than using your minion to do it, and the health stat is pretty much always more important than the attack stat.

Feel free to post your main deck on here and we can tell you how to steamroll these chumps filling their deck with a load of legendaries =]

Finalow

to me it seems like this new aggro overload mech shaman deck is one the new top tier "pls nerf" decks, or least it seems close to that. I guess that's one way to make the class viable =p

Tunnel Trogg is far worse than Mana Wyrm. Tunnel Trogg is balanced.
I don't know about that far worse. it surely can be worse but it can also be much better with the right cards or combo. never saw a Mana Wyrm alone doing 10+ damage in one turn and having no disadvantages the next because Lava Shock'ed~, even without Lava Shock it surely can do (much) more damage.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
to me it seems like this new aggro overload mech shaman deck is one the new top tier "pls nerf" decks, or least it seems close to that. I guess that's one way to make the class viable =p

I don't know about that far worse. it surely can be worse but it can also be much better with the right cards or combo. never saw a Mana Wyrm alone doing 10+ damage in one turn and having no disadvantages the next because Lava Shock'ed~, even without Lava Shock it surely can do (much) more damage.

The fact that Tunnel Trogg has any drawback at all (you know how overload is supposed to be a bad thing?), means that it is strictly worse than Mana Wyrm. That Blizzard has finally started printing some good overload cards and there exist enough low curve ones are the only reasons the deck even works. It is super annoying to play against though. But I'm for it. I'd rather play against shaman decks than hunter.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I actually tried a general overload shaman and thought Trogg was pretty ass, it's actually waaaaay better in an aggro format.

The main thing there, compared to Mana Wyrm, is that the other tends to be buffed while things are being removed, while trogg is when something is in play. So a common thing is the 1/3 trogg into the 3/4 golem to make it a 2/3, but if they played a knife juggler or something on their turn he'll still die, unlike wyrm into frostbolt...or wyrm into apprentice coin frostbolt. It ends up being more versatile as mage spells are things you want to be using anyway. Shaman CAN still do that similar play with lightning bolt or whatever, but it has the same end result and still messes up their next turn. Shaman is more hit or miss with the actual overload cards, which I find is why just making it aggro works out more since you can get multiple attack points in a burst.

Finalow

yes I always meant the aggro (mech?/overload) deck.

again I don't see how it's "strictly worse" because of overload, overload cards can do more than the early mage spells (Feral Spirit combo especially), and duh, that's why they have overload to begin with. of course it depends on what you draw, who you're playing against etc. but in an aggro deck like that it can potentially be much better than Mana Wrym and be a very annoying 1 mana minion that you should remove before it burts in your face for 7 damage or so.

Szadek

The fact that Tunnel Trogg has any drawback at all (you know how overload is supposed to be a bad thing?), means that it is strictly worse than Mana Wyrm. That Blizzard has finally started printing some good overload cards and there exist enough low curve ones are the only reasons the deck even works. It is super annoying to play against though. But I'm for it. I'd rather play against shaman decks than hunter.
The Trogg himself has no draw back.
Futhermore, it's not strictly worse because it also works with monster and gets attack for every looked mana crystal instead of each card.

Sande

I think "shape your deck with discover" is a nice idea, but I don't understand why they decided to cram the deck full of 0-1 mana garbage and re-draw a 4 card hand every turn.

Kangi

Weird Brawl.

Destroyed a match with Mana Addict + Gang Up, though. Four Mana Addicts on board with a bunch of spare parts and coins is bad times.

Finalow

Mana Wyrm has no disadvantages either and it can definitely hit for 10+ face damage.
it can [98% of the time it doesn't, maybe turn 10 with mage using 9 spells? :p] but not as fast or as often as Trogg. which is pretty much the point of the card, being able to hit for a lot of damage in a few turns if left untouched, and that's why it works and fits so well in that aggro deck.

Dahbomb

Mana Wyrm gets played in aggressive and Tempo decks as well. Quite well actually. Mana Wyrm gets damage bonus from stuff like spare parts and coin, it can definitely get out of hand real quick.

inky

this brawl... what the fuck is this.

Opponent gets offered muster, nefarian, Justicar, Avenging wrath and I get Panther, Kodo, Leper gnome... fuck off

JesseZao

I like this brawl.

It's sorta like how Solforge works (except in that game, the cards are upgraded after playing them when added to your deck).

inky

Yea, but making your deck as you go sucks. I've been offered mostly crap. Just once I got a good Violet Teacher combo that got destroyed by avenging wrath anyway =/

JesseZao

Also, it's similar to Dominion and other deck building games.

I'd play Dominion online again if it had a polished Blizzard interface.

I enjoyed the brawl as well, though either you or you opponent getting one really high value creature is typically game over. One game I was dropping multiple Troggzors and another multiple Sylvanas-as (Sylvani?). Just no coming back from that.

I liked the brawl. Very interesting.

Me too. I've been replaying it beyond getting my free pack. Not bad for getting some XP when you have decks that are nearing a level up.

Played someone who got Brann in their deck + healing cards so a lot of double healing. Kind of annoying but I was playing stronger overall minions and ended up prevailing.

inky

Opponent gets Tinkmaster... with 3 creatures on board turns his only one into a 5/5... next times he plays it turns my only one into a 1/1...

PJSalt

inky

I think whether you play the card or not it goes back to your deck to be redrawn.

It does. I got a Ragnaros out of an unstable portal, didn't play it and got it back. Deck doesn't get filled by each card you play, just new ones.

2 games and just can't get lucky. I get offered crap cards, opponent gets offered or draws perfect answers.

JesseZao

I think whether you play the card or not it goes back to your deck to be redrawn.

You're right. For some reason I was thinking it always duplicated your starting hand into your deck, but would add an extra copy of what you played as well.

Edit: It's part of the genre of deck-builders to look for ways to "trash" cards to thin your deck. I guess I was just optimistically projecting.

Wow...this Rogue got Bloodsail Corsair, Ship's Cannon, Shady Dealer and Skycap'n Kragg. Like literally facing a pirate deck in the brawl at this point.

inky

Finally some bullshit goes my way.

hearthstonescreenshotisoe3.png

Not in the mood for more of this shit tho.

KuroNeeko

This Brawl is a lot like Ascension.

So far, I've found it most useful to draft a large number of low-cost minions, cyclers, and a just a few bombs.

Rogue, in particular, has been a lot of fun because you have so many coins and chickens to fuel your combo cards. I managed to draft Van Cleef once and it was glorious.

Mage also seems strong because you can reuse cheap burn spells for board control or just go face late game. Mana Wyrm can easily steamroll the game as well.

Top Bottom