• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

mercviper

that's not how it works.
you play the chicken and a copy goes into your deck.
you don't play the chicken and it goes back into your deck when your hand shuffles back in at the end of the turn.
either way you have a chicken in your deck at the end of your turn.

if you time rewindered the chicken, or shadowstepped it or something then you would get more chickens in your deck.
I'm like 95% sure that the cards not played get put on the bottom of the deck, which helps you not draw them the very next turn, but since everything you play shuffles the deck it won't help for future turns. This also means that cards played in the current turn have a chance of being drawn the very next turn. i.e. don't play chickens if your deck is loaded with value.

Also, starting decklists are something like, 3 chickens, 2 coins, 1 attack part (2 if first player), 1 toughness part.

The only way to thin cards out of the deck is via discard, which makes fel reaver really good if you can drop him early and kill off your chickens. Mukla also nice if you have board control because you flood their deck with bananas and they're useless if they have nothing to buff.

bjaelke

EU servers hit a new low

A8HMmSC.png

Dragner

Ok tried new brawl.

Turn 1: coin,coin,questing adventurer, coin, armor plating.

Turn 2: 2 chickens.

Turn 3: coin, coin, coin, coin, fell reaver.

Reward from the pack: questing adventurer

Skillstone.

Xanathus

Worst part about grinding through all the plebs every season is that they don't concede when they've obviously lost. Legend players don't bother to waste time like that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hate that card cuz it nerfs murloc knight 😞

Pooya

Murloc shaman will be bad, paladin is where it's at. Divine Favor+Murloc Knight are just better than Neptulan. Actually I think the paladin's spell is better too, paladin murloc can come back from a board clear, shaman one seems like a yolo deck. I guess you play the 1 drop and hope to get warlock hero power.

Dragner

Murloc shaman will be bad, paladin is where it's at. Divine Favor+Murloc Knight are just better than Neptulan. Actually I think the paladin's spell is better too, paladin murloc can come back from a board clear, shaman one seems like a yolo deck. I guess you play the 1 drop and hope to get warlock hero power.

Paladin is better that shaman but everiffin is awesome is better than the paladin one.

So probably will be more shaman, also theres secret paladin, why play a weaker version of cancer.

ViviOggi

Paladin just has everything at this point. It dumps all over Shaman as a murloc shell as you'll have a high/top tier replacement for essentially any slot murloc cards may lack. Want flexibility on your turn 3? Put in Muster for guaranteed board dominance if your turn 1+2 murlocs were answered. You get four fucking pings out of that card while Shaman can't get any. Need another lategame bomb against control? Tirion got you covered, Al'Akir am cry. That new 10cc spell > Neptulon. Hell you can run Equality to reclaim the board vs control/midrange, tech Consecration vs aggro while Lightning Storm is unplayable due to the insane tempo loss on the following turn. Divine Favor >>>>>>>>>> Ancestral Knowledge. Dudes should on average be better to fill the curve, only Healing Totem is significantly better when you've got a board but you have to roll it first. That epic Shaman murloc is hypertrash unless you pull it from Murloc Knight.

Really the only advantage Shaman has is that new buff, and I don't think it's nearly enough to offset Paladin stupidity.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL what the hell happened to the training dummy in the Grand Tournament map? When you click on him multiple times and he does the spin, he goes FLYING now. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Paladin just has everything at this point. It dumps all over Shaman as a murloc shell as you'll have a high/top tier replacement for essentially any slot murloc cards may lack. Want flexibility on your turn 3? Put in Muster for guaranteed board dominance if your turn 1+2 murlocs were answered. You get four fucking pings out of that card while Shaman can't get any. Need another lategame bomb against control? Tirion got you covered, Al'Akir am cry. That new 10cc spell > Neptulon. Hell you can run Equality to reclaim the board vs control/midrange, tech Consecration vs aggro while Lightning Storm is unplayable due to the insane tempo loss on the following turn. Divine Favor >>>>>>>>>> Ancestral Knowledge. Dudes should on average be better to fill the curve, only Healing Totem is significantly better when you've got a board but you have to roll it first. That epic Shaman murloc is hypertrash unless you pull it from Murloc Knight.

Really the only advantage Shaman has is that new buff, and I don't think it's nearly enough to offset Paladin stupidity.

I guess Shaman also benefits more from Mrrrglton as literally any other hero power will be an improvement for them. Though even pally may also run that for a deck like this.

Either way I'm gonna be grabbing hungry crab from dark peddler today.

Tarazet

LOL what the hell happened to the training dummy in the Grand Tournament map? When you click on him multiple times and he does the spin, he goes FLYING now. :lol

I was disappointed that the gryphon on the Stormwind map would no longer follow my cursor after I disturbed him.

Lyng

Paladin is the best class by a mile. I am guessing Lady Liadrin is Ben Brodes secret waifu or something because it is just stupid how much stronger they are, and not only in arena but also in constructed. Paladins need to get hit hard with the nerfbat, or give the other classes equally stupidly overpowered cards to even the playing field.

Owzers

Paladin is the best class by a mile. I am guessing Lady Liadrin is Ben Brodes secret waifu or something because it is just stupid how much stronger they are, and not only in arena but also in constructed. Paladins need to get hit hard with the nerfbat, or give the other classes equally stupidly overpowered cards to even the playing field.

No one will take away my paladin....no one. I just started crafting decks. Blizzard can take control warrior and freeze mage and kill them both on the same day.

Magnus

ENTOMB DAY GUYS

GET HYPED

1pm right?! :)

--

I'm so oblivious to all the extra shit you can do on every game board. I only recently saw a video and realized you could fire a laser on the GvG board that sent the rocket in the top left of the board flying.

I seem to recall TGT producers saying that board had tournament revellers occasionally come out of the tent at the top right to cheer you on and shit, but have never figured out how to make that happen. Haha.

Dahbomb

Worst part about grinding through all the plebs every season is that they don't concede when they've obviously lost. Legend players don't bother to waste time like that.
Many start roping when there's lethal on board.

HS players really try to make the experience as frustrating as possible for the other opponent.

Stats are compiled from the uploaded decks at HearthPwn and HearthHead.

So netdecks, basically.

Also, I think Blizzard is super happy with the design of Azure Drake.
Blizzard doesn't like cards that cycle into other cards from your deck. It's why we haven't seen a good cycle card in ages. That's why they added in the Discover mechanic, it's so they can put in Azure Drake like cards without having them thin out your deck.

That's interesting that the stats are posted from a netdeck site. That explains why Emperor is so high.

Ladekabel

I seem to recall TGT producers saying that board had tournament revellers occasionally come out of the tent at the top right to cheer you on and shit, but have never figured out how to make that happen. Haha.

They always cheer, when a legendary is played... at least when I play.

Owzers

Still haven't gotten black rock yet but i caved and got LoE with an itunes discounted card i bought. I think messing around with Reno a little might be fun, but i wish i had all the murlocs to go full murloc paladin madness. Mainly wanted LoE for keeper, reno, and unearthed raptor.

JohnCYQ

Been playing this druid deck (eggs/flood/vomit etc) and its pretty darn consistent considering the synergy between each card. I did swap out one soul of the forest for a sea giant (initially a second Shredder) because I felt having 2 would lead to more dead hands. Funnily enough, I didn't even draw into sea giant yet (4-5 games since I swapped out the 2nd shredder for him).

I've also been playing a variant of the dragon handlock deck that got posted on /r/HScompetitive like a week or so ago.

dragonhandlocknxjty.jpg

Last 2 cards not shown = Molten Giants.

Original list on the reddit post

I'm liking the deck a lot, its kinda of like a Dragon Shaman that doesn't suck. Thinking of maybe dropping Emperor to put MCT back in, not too sure though.

inky

Holy shit Giantfin just wrecked me with double Tidecaller into 3 cost 0 murlocs. In normal.

I was not expecting that shit.

Dahbomb

Secret Paladin demolishes all of the bosses on Normal.

I hope that final boss isn't turned into a Brawl. Shit will be token/aggro city.

Yoshichan

So many good cards this wing: Gorilla, Moonkin, Naga.
Gorilla I can understand... but I'm curious in which deck Naga would fit. Control paladin/warrior?

gutshot

Been playing this druid deck (eggs/flood/vomit etc) and its pretty darn consistent considering the synergy between each card. I did swap out one soul of the forest for a sea giant (initially a second Shredder) because I felt having 2 would lead to more dead hands. Funnily enough, I didn't even draw into sea giant yet (4-5 games since I swapped out the 2nd shredder for him).

Yeah, I've been ranking up with that Druid Egg deck and having really good success with it. I don't know if I could cut a Soul of the Forest though. It's such a key card in the deck, creating super sticky boards that your opponent just has no way to deal with. It is true that the second one can end up as a dead card, especially if you draw it early, but those games are so few and you ideally want to play it on turn 6-7 every game so having 2 for the consistency factor is key IMO.

Also the deck's creator said he was going to swap in a Sir Finley today and I think that makes a lot of sense. I just tried it out and got Hunter's hero power each time, which helped tremendously in closing out the win. Warlock would also be a good one to get. The token generating ones in Paladin and Shaman synergize well with your buffs and the other ping classes are decent enough. The only hero powers you absolutely don't want are Priest and Warrior and since you get 3 to choose from, you are guaranteed to get a better hero power every time.

inky

Gorilla I can understand... but I'm curious in which deck Naga would fit. Control paladin/warrior?

Control Warrior seems like the most obvious option atm. It will take some tinkering, but I think even on turn 5 your opponent might feel an urge to remove it or risk you playing something bigger next turn if he doesn't. We'll see.

As for other options, maybe it works with Druid too.

Xanathus

Finished all the heroics, 1st and 3rd with Mill Rogue, 2nd with AOE Priest. This week's heroics were definitely as hard as the older adventures.

Top Bottom