• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

bjaelke

The new patch is actually downloading for me now. Highlights from the patch notes:

-Winter Veil effects added to the game.
-League of Explorers game board added to all modes.
-Unearthed Raptor disconnect bug FIXED.

Winter Veil card back, acquired by completing the Winter Veil themed Tavern Brawl:

3hQTnEnl.png
Love is in the Air - January 2016 Ranked Reward
kz08gU5.png

Shaman Thrall - December 2015 Ranked Reward
1rXCqzi.png

Tauren Thunderbluff - February 2016 Ranked Reward
xLou1X6.png

Pooya

They are patching in card backs for Feb now, they must be going on some long break there. If we go with 4 months gap between expansion, we might see a new set in like March. Maybe that's when next patch comes out!

Owzers

i think the Thrall one is the best out of those card backs, i kinda like the christmas one but it seems a little too busy.

Danj

Any strategies for winning the current Tavern Brawl with Paladin? I've got a "win tavern brawls" and a Paladin quest, want to try and do them both at once.

Any strategies for winning the current Tavern Brawl with Paladin? I've got a "win tavern brawls" and a Paladin quest, want to try and do them both at once.

Pick op cards? I don't know i got offered edric the pure early on and i kept redrawing him lol. Then it gave me murloc knighf too so there's that.....

I also had a game as mage where they offer me flamewaker on turn 1 with 3 coins in hand. Then redrew it on turn 3 with a coin.... oh man RNG.

gutshot

Always play as many cards from your hand as you can.

Pick lower cost minions early on, even if they aren't the highest quality, so you aren't forced to play only chickens and spare parts the first few turns.

Danj

Always play as many cards from your hand as you can.

Pick lower cost minions early on, even if they aren't the highest quality, so you aren't forced to play only chickens and spare parts the first few turns.

Thanks, this is useful advice, I'll try that.

Ladekabel

Decided to start an arena run after my last one was a while back. Got offered Paladin and I thought why not? No Shielded Minibot or Muster. Serves me right...

Decided to start an arena run after my last one was a while back. Got offered Paladin and I thought why not? No Shielded Minibot or Muster. Serves me right...

Why would Paladin be a why not? Paladin is the best in Constructed and Arena right now. That's what happens when they get handed a bunch of bullshit class cards.

Has any class ever been at the top of constructed and arena before? Rogue maybe? Funny thing is they used to suck.

Dahbomb

Why would Paladin be a why not? Paladin is the best in Constructed and Arena right now. That's what happens when they get handed a bunch of bullshit class cards.

Has any class ever been at the top of constructed and arena before? Rogue maybe? Funny thing is they used to suck.
Mage probably.

Pick op cards? I don't know i got offered edric the pure early on and i kept redrawing him lol. Then it gave me murloc knighf too so there's that.....

I also had a game as mage where they offer me flamewaker on turn 1 with 3 coins in hand. Then redrew it on turn 3 with a coin.... oh man RNG.

I played against someone who had that happen. I conceded the moment the second flamewalker dropped. There's just no way.

Pooya

It makes me sad that Paladin got the better murloc card...again...

yup, paladin spell is actually way better as I predicted. Shaman one is a win more card, paladin one is a win condition by itself.

I'm not sure why everything shaman gets is about snowballing and they're given zero or awful comeback mechanics when every other class is capable of some pretty insane swings.

finally crafted Tirion, now lets make it to 5 this season, last got stucked at 8-9

watch out for Entomb!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It makes me sad that Paladin got the better murloc card...again...

The Shaman murloc card is actually really good for a very aggressive murloc deck. It exactly fits what murloc decks want to be doing.

The problem is that murloc Shaman has GARBAGE card draw. Siltfin is a stupid, stupid card.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Shaman murloc card is actually really good for a very aggressive murloc deck. It exactly fits what murloc decks want to be doing.

The problem is that murloc Shaman has GARBAGE card draw. Siltfin is a stupid, stupid card.

And Divine Favor is a stupid, stupid card in the opposite direction, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you guys think it's nerf enough to stop using murloc knight on mid range paladin?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nah, the potential for the knight to snowball will always remain so it'll forever be a high priority target. Murloc Knight into Murloc Knight still wins games and isn't all that uncommon even with a diluted murloc pool. 4 drops are super clogged for Pally though so you could still have a solid list without it, but I like having it as a one of atleast.

Do you guys think it's nerf enough to stop using murloc knight on mid range paladin?

Considering that most of my draws from Murloc Knight are Coldlight Seer (2/2) and Coldlight Oracle (2/3), it's really not that much worse to get a 1/1 or a 1/3. It does reduce the chances of pulling Murloc Knight or War Leader, though. Maybe I'll drop a Murloc Knight for a Keepr of Uldaman. I've been trying to find space for one of those.

ZealousD

And Divine Favor is a stupid, stupid card in the opposite direction, lol.

Possibly. But powerful draw mechanics like that is what enables murloc decks to exist. This is why no class other than Warlock or Paladin is viable for murlocs. They have the best draw mechanics for aggro decks, and murlocs NEEEEED draw. It is no accident that giantfin basically has divine favor as his hero power in normal.

I may drop it. 4 drops are super competitive for Paladin. I would replace it with Justicar, but a Murloc Knight/Warleader/Murk-Eye can straight up win the game. I like to run a one of. It is great removal bait so you can use Tirion as well.

Pooya

Murloc Knight is not good enough for midrange now, not because of 'nerf' but Keeper of Uldaman and you don't want too many 4 drops with that included.

Keeper and hero power is better than murloc knight on average and keeper is a way better card overall with many many more uses. Sure at times Murloc Knight can be stupid but Keeper is consistent. Keeper kinda has a charge effect too in that you can give an existing token +2, much better to roll dice to maybe get a charge from Murloc Knight. Keepr is a real 4 drop overall unlike Murloc Knight.

Strider

I haven't played much at all recently but I can't imagine removing MK from Midrange decks despite the summons being potentially worse. It is still a potential win condition on its own if it snowballs...

Maybe run 1 instead of 2...?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everyone seems to speak of Uldaman instead of Murloc Knight... but I have x2 Shredder, x2 Uldaman, x1 Truesilver, x2 Consecration and x1 Murloc Knight as my 4 drops.

Everyone seems to speak of Uldaman instead of Murloc Knight... but I have x2 Shredder, x2 Uldaman, x1 Truesilver, x2 Consecration and x1 Murloc Knight as my 4 drops.

That's the same as me. I feel like its pretty standard, obviously you can do 1 ofs and 2 ofs of any of those if you want

ZealousD

Murloc Knight is more of a 6 drop than a 4 drop anyway. I don't think it competes with the other 4 drops.

Yoshichan

But the thing is, I've never, ever put Murloc Knight out on turn 4. Always turn 6. And the only thing I have on turn 6 is Justicar, which I basically ONLY play on turn 8... (either him or Tirion).

So essentially, Murloc Knight is the only 6 drop I have.

ZealousD

But the thing is, I've never, ever put Murloc Knight out on turn 4. Always turn 6. And the only thing I have on turn 6 is Justicar, which I basically ONLY play on turn 8... (either him or Tirion).

So essentially, Murloc Knight is the only 6 drop I have.

Yeah. It's more like Murloc Knight is replacing Sylvanas.

Yeah MK is not a 4 "drop" a drop is what you play on its mana cost when that turn hits like Dr Boom or Minibot. MK is like knife juggler when you usually would not play it on turn 2

This is why despite Shrinkmeister existing, Priest still didn't have a 2 drop until Wyrmrest Agent because you cant play Shrinkmeister on turn 2 unless its a desperate tempo play

You'd have to drop something but what about sir Finley to get a better hp?

Yeah I've been thinking about Finley. The problem is you only get one of him so the chances of drawing him early enough to matter, plus getting a hero power you need, plus the temp loss seems pretty rough.

Will give it a go though, nothing to lose!

Yeah like most Shaman cards, it is a super strong Paladin card.

Yoshichan

YOOOOOO THIS NEW MAP AND MUSIC THO

fgFnELo.jpg

Owzers

my midrange paladin attempt could not compete with a murloc paladin. They did get a great draw in two knife keepers in a row, killed one, and then they dropped a muster that wiped my muster.

edit: i did not know old merc eye legendary was a reward for getting all the other basic/classic murlocs. I presume you get him even if you craft the others? That makes assembling a murloc crew a lot more obtainable, maybe 1200 dust to get the two war leaders and a couple of the rares i don't have.

ZealousD

Yeah I've been thinking about Finley. The problem is you only get one of him so the chances of drawing him early enough to matter, plus getting a hero power you need, plus the temp loss seems pretty rough.

It isn't really a tempo loss. A 1/3 for 1 mana is pretty strong. It kills a leper gnomes and lives.

Plus, getting a hero power you want over a hero power you don't is very powerful. He's a natural pick for any deck that doesn't synergize with its hero power very well, like aggro Shaman.

I was playing Murloc Paladin and I findley'd into the Hunter hero power for lethal once, after I was almost dead and facing a taunt wall.

Strider

It's called "Hearthstone Deck Tracker"

Hmmm I thought I tried that before but it always listed my entire deck on the right which I wasn't really a fan of... Guess it's been updated or there was a setting I missed that gives you the options to only show what you've drawn so far.

I'll give it another look I guess. thanks.

It isn't really a tempo loss. A 1/3 for 1 mana is pretty strong. It kills a leper gnomes and lives.

Plus, getting a hero power you want over a hero power you don't is very powerful. He's a natural pick for any deck that doesn't synergize with its hero power very well, like aggro Shaman.

I was talking specifically about mech hunter. Maybe tempo is the wrong word?

Still, I'm giving it a go. -1 cogmaster for Sir fin and -1 micro machine for a freezing trap.

Will see if that gives a bit more consistency, but I feel clearing the board is still going to be a problem against classes like Paladin. That means I'm bringing in more traps and boom...midrange hunter.

Will persist.

Top Bottom