• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

The dream (that is a freezing trap).

Double gorilla from Brann, two metaltooths. You pretty much always get offered one. Unfortunately he conceded the moment I dropped both.

hearthstonescreenshoty1quy.png

Also dropped the second micro machine for jeeves. Jeeves really, really sucks...but it is the best I can do for the deck. This enables me to drop a tomb spider for the arcane nullifier to try to preserve some mechs and help against paladin spam.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Both shredders dropped lore master cho and well... the game went fucking bananas after that.

1UaAVY5.jpg

Get sneeds from a gorillabot, just as I needed something big to get me back into the game. My opponent trades to kill it with only 3 of their health left and nothing on the board (I had the warlock hero power)

It drops Sir Finley :|

That nerf.

But in general people were right, Sir Finley is great in mech hunter. Warlock or mage hero powers just boost the deck so much.

Maybe more than anything the deck is good because of discover. Picking 2-4 cards plus a power once you know the match up is very strong.

So I am kind of defaulting back to oil rogue when I want to win some games consistently. Unfortuneately nothing in LOE really spices up the deck as far as I can tell. MAAYBE tomb pillager as a 1 of. Although I am not confident it is worth running over shredder or violet teacher.

Mulgrok

Popped both of a freeze mage's shields with him at 1 hp and I have a full board, and I am at 27 hp. Proceed to die to 30 damage in spells from hand only using 1 tick of emperor and no archmage balls. fml

EDIT: Not sure why people think secret paladin is brain dead when I win because of planning several turns ahead, especially against control.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I have discovered the secret to Heroic Naz'jar
You must pray to the mighty RNGesus and have her RNG a Doomsayer turn 2

Alternatively, she doesn't have mirror image in her hand. She can get pretty bad starting hands and her AI does her no favors.

jgminto

Put up the cash for LoE so I finally got to try out Renodin. It was a lot of fun to play in the few matches I did. The only dupe I'm running is Muster. Also made a Raptor Rogue deck I'm excited to try later.

Popped both of a freeze mage's shields with him at 1 hp and I have a full board, and I am at 27 hp. Proceed to die to 30 damage in spells from hand only using 1 tick of emperor and no archmage balls. fml

EDIT: Not sure why people think secret paladin is brain dead when I win because of planning several turns ahead, especially against control.

Because you just play on curve. Minibot/Juggler -> Cog/Muster -> Shredder/Truesilver/Consec > Belch/Lotheb -> Dr.6 > Dr.7 > Dr.8

C'mon man that isn't thinking... the only thing you think is when do you trade and when do you go face.

As to oppose to more decks where you have to think of

- When to use AOE and when to save.
- When to silence and when to save.
- When to trade and when to face.
- How to pop the secrets
- What secrets are they, and how to play around it.
- What monster do they have left. Ex: Pirest still has Ysera so you need to deal with it. Paladin still has Tiron so how do I deal with that. XXX still has Slyvanas and how do I deal with that. Warlock still has Giants/Jaxx/Mal Ganis. Druid might/might not have combo. Am I too close to 14?
- What combo can I pull off. What pieces do I need for X combo. Can wait it out and draw those pieces before I die?

I play pretty much only Seceret, Midrange Paladin and Patron Warrior on ladder and basically when my Midrange/Patron is going into a bad RNG phase I just queue up Seceret and take free victories.

cHinzo

People just salty after losing from one. :d As if u dont play on curve with midrange decks like dragon priest or midrange paladin.

I'm getting rekt by mages lately. Mech and Tempo are so strong early. Hard ro stabilize against. And if u do there is always the risk for Antonidas. D:

Magnus

Motherfucking Entomb is LEGIT. I'm so happy. Just annihilated a Legend Secret Paladin by entombing his Piloted Shredder and Dr. Boom back to back. lol.

I feel fucking powerful at last as a Priest. I'm using a Dragon Priest modified to include two Entombs and a couple other surprises. It's fucking effective as shit.

Because you just play on curve. Minibot/Juggler -> Cog/Muster -> Shredder/Truesilver/Consec > Belch/Lotheb -> Dr.6 > Dr.7 > Dr.8

That's kind of the frustrating thing about playing Secret Paladin, because if you have a turn where you need to make some kind of decision it just means you didn't draw optimally. It's not like the deck is crippled by or more dependent on RNG than other decks, it's just that there is an ideal scenario so everytime you don't get perfect curve you feel like RNG screwed you.

Right as to oppose a Midrange Paladin you don't throw out things like Aldor/BGH on turn #3 just because it's 3 mana. There's a purpose for it and when you use it matters. Or you don't throw out equality/owl on turn #2 just because you have 2 mana. It matters when you use it.

There will be cards like Zombie Chow/ Mini bot/ Shredder / Dr. Boom where you just toss it out if you land on their exact mana cost because why the hell not, but secret paladin it's pretty much the entire deck. And I say that as someone who has 3 different Secret Paladin deck out of my 9 decks.

ZealousD

Motherfucking Entomb is LEGIT. I'm so happy. Just annihilated a Legend Secret Paladin by entombing his Piloted Shredder

Oh man. You answered a 4 mana card with a 6 mana card. Such a power play.

Dahbomb

Most decks play on curve, it's not a Secret Paladin exclusive thing.

The issue is that when turn 6 comes around and you aren't winning by a margin plus they have 1-2 creatures alive... then they are going to win pretty easily.

It's incredibly frustrating where you are winning on board and they comeback into the game because of Dr.6, into Dr.7 into Dr.8. You think this isn't that likely but because of Dr.6 their deck gets thinned out which increases their chances of getting their better minions afterwards.

It's also really frustrating to play against Divine Favor. They dump their Secrets and low cost minions then get a bunch of cards back increasing their chances of playing Dr.6 on turn 6.

The sad part is that it's actually one of the best answers against Shredder in the game especially for Priest. So even if he spent more mana... it was his best option next to running two minions into it. That's less about Entomb and more about Shredder being ridiculous.

I was playing around with Entomb and it was doing work. Most notably it worked as a removal on minions with 4 attack which neither Pain nor Death could touch. Shredder is one of them.

ZealousD

The sad part is that it's actually one of the best answers against Shredder in the game especially for Priest. So even if he spent more mana... it was his best option next to running two minions into it.

Twilight Guardian is better for a single card option if you are playing dragon priest. There's also the Shrinkmeister + Cabal play, but that is admittedly harder to pull off.

I mean, I don't think that as a priest you should really be running entomb to answer shredders. You need to be entombing much bigger cards. Sylvanas. Tirion. Ysera. Saying you won because you entombed a shredder or boom is being very generous.

Most decks play on curve, it's not a Secret Paladin exclusive thing.

The issue is that when turn 6 comes around and you aren't winning by a margin plus they have 1-2 creatures alive... then they are going to win pretty easily.

It's incredibly frustrating where you are winning on board and they comeback into the game because of Dr.6, into Dr.7 into Dr.8. You think this isn't that likely but because of Dr.6 their deck gets thinned out which increases their chances of getting their better minions afterwards.

It's also really frustrating to play against Divine Favor. They dump their Secrets and low cost minions then get a bunch of cards back increasing their chances of playing Dr.6 on turn 6.

The sad part is that it's actually one of the best answers against Shredder in the game especially for Priest. So even if he spent more mana... it was his best option next to running two minions into it.

Well for example I have a druid/rouge/handlock f2p account.

And with both I don't just toss shit out on curve. There are certain you do but no one throws out eviscerate to the face for 2 damage on turn #2. Or you don't see Druid throwing out Keeper for the hell of it on #4 or FON on #6 you wait until you have combo or lethal.

I've been running hoej's secret paladin and it doesn't even need divine favor or repentance.

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/hoejs-dreamhack-winter-2015-secret-paladin/

It's the same one where he went like 3-0 the first few rounds at Dream Hack.

Dahbomb

Twilight Guardian is better for a single card option if you are playing dragon priest. There's also the Shrinkmeister + Cabal play, but that is admittedly harder to pull off.

I mean, I don't think that as a priest you should really be running entomb to answer shredders. You need to be entombing much bigger cards. Sylvanas. Tirion. Ysera. Saying you won because you entombed a shredder or boom is being very generous.
Twilight Guardian isn't a removal it's a minion and Twilight Guardian can only attack once per turn. If you are attacking twice into Shredder then you are letting him build the rest of his board up. This is part of the reason why Shredder is insane, dealing him with weapons/removals is inefficient and dealing with minions means you are wasting damage/HP on him.

Of course you aren't running Entomb to answer Shredders, that's just a small bonus if the situation presented itself.

ZealousD

Twilight Guardian isn't a removal it's a minion and Twilight Guardian can only attack once per turn. If you are attacking twice into Shredder then you are letting him build the rest of his board up. This is part of the reason why Shredder is insane, dealing him with weapons/removals is inefficient and dealing with minions means you are wasting damage/HP on him.

You didn't say removal. You said "answer". And playing a Twilight Guardian into a Shredder is pretty annoying for whoever played the shredder unless they have some other way to deal with the guardian. Sludge Belcher also kind of does the same thing.

Strider

So coming back after a break and starting at a really low rank... Man I feel bad beating some of these players. One opponent ended up using a fireball on my Tunnel Trogg earlier lol dat value

Dahbomb

Yeah well I meant removal. Minion answering minions isn't an answer unless they get an effect to deal with the minion like say Cabal stealing a Creeper. This isn't Arena (well sometimes it is).

That's because you can put down a Twilight Guardian in "answer" to a Shredder but then they do something like Blessing of Kings it to "answer" your Guardian and then just outright kill it.

You can honestly also play Holy Champion as an "answer" to Shredder and it will produce a similar result. Most of the time that card has Taunt anyway.

ZealousD

Minions aren't always the cleanest or best answers but that doesn't mean that they can't be answers. Taunts aren't really run in constructed as "questions" that represent a serious threat to the opponent's face. Taunts are an "answer" to particular lines of play and they force an opponent to play the trading game when they otherwise may not want to. This makes them a potential "answer". In particular, very efficient taunts can be a potent answer to the sticky-class of minions by forcing an opponent to pop their crap and let the tokens spill out to be cleared by AOE. Piloted Shredder fits in that category of minions.

Magnus

The sad part is that it's actually one of the best answers against Shredder in the game especially for Priest. So even if he spent more mana... it was his best option next to running two minions into it. That's less about Entomb and more about Shredder being ridiculous.

I was playing around with Entomb and it was doing work. Most notably it worked as a removal on minions with 4 attack which neither Pain nor Death could touch. Shredder is one of them.

This'd be my answer to this, basically. 6 mana felt cheap to effectively silence, kill, and steal probably the best 4-minion in the game, padding my deck at the same time. And it was always a pain in the ass to deal with as a priest, since, yeah, Death/Pain wouldn't have worked.

I was also trying to emphasize that I entomb'd too high-value minions back to back, totally rubbing salt into this Legend Paladin's wound. And yes, it was my best play that turn and totally wiped his board.

JohnCYQ

Did a second version of secrets murlocdin:

mysteriousmrglgl_v2ikqej.jpg

Last card = Anyfin

This version drops the murlocs down to just 5, but they're all decent enough for on-curve plays (and bluegill for removal) and can combo for up to 22 damage burst - without requiring an empty board to be played (you can still have 2 other minions on board, no need to trade them in first).

You have the wholesome package of double Dr. 6 into Dr. 7 and Dr.8, double BoKs to do some board/face control, single coghammer for protection, single Aldor/owl to neuter annoying giants/buffed creatures, plus a knife juggler just because (could probably be replaced by a zombie chow if you so desire).

Minions aren't always the cleanest or best answers but that doesn't mean that they can't be answers. Taunts aren't really run in constructed as "questions" that represent a serious threat to the opponent's face. Taunts are an "answer" to particular lines of play and they force an opponent to play the trading game when they otherwise may not want to. This makes them a potential "answer". In particular, very efficient taunts can be a potent answer to the sticky-class of minions by forcing an opponent to pop their crap and let the tokens spill out to be cleared by AOE. Piloted Shredder fits in that category of minions.

Minions can be better answers than spells, especially when you have initiative which gives you the flexibility to decide what trades where. Then you save your spells for when you really need them or to get even bigger value.

As you mentioned, twilight drake is a great answer to shredder. And of course BOK is a great answer to twilight drake, but you force your opponent to have that answer. If they don't, you're winning. At the very least it helps set the board up for AOE or stalling for other powerful plays.

This'd be my answer to this, basically. 6 mana felt cheap to effectively silence, kill, and steal probably the best 4-minion in the game, padding my deck at the same time. And it was always a pain in the ass to deal with as a priest, since, yeah, Death/Pain wouldn't have worked.

I was also trying to emphasize that I entomb'd too high-value minions back to back, totally rubbing salt into this Legend Paladin's wound. And yes, it was my best play that turn and totally wiped his board.

If you're padding your deck with a 4 drop after turn 6, that just seems bad. In fact, entomb on shredder just is bad for the simple fact that you're spending much more than you're opponent did to play that threat. I think if my opponent entombs my shredder, I am either winning by a large margin and it has no real impact or I am losing by a large margin, in which case likely any card would have done the job. If we're talking about entomb on a 7-8-9+ minion, thats a different story.

IceMarker

The space requirement for Hearthstone on mobile is getting a little ridiculous. At this rate I will have to exclusively play on PC.

Kripp is showing the problem with murlocs in paladin. He has won about 5 or 6 games now...but hasn't drawn Anyfin once.

So yeah, it works, but midrange paladin just works already.

Dahbomb

Kripp is showing the problem with murlocs in paladin. He has won about 5 or 6 games now...but hasn't drawn Anyfin once.

I just saw his deck. He's not even playing that many Murlocs, it's basically a Midrange Paladin with some Murlocs thrown in + Anyfin.

Lost to a murloc paly who used anyfin can happen, and summoned an old murkeys, two bluegills and two raid leaders for instant bullsit OTK.

Man do I hate that card now.

There needs to be more shitty murlocs so murloc knight is not almoat always auto win if you can't answer it immediately.

Tarazet

A little late to the party but I spent my evening playing the Brawl, switching between Rogue and Warrior. Best opening: Stonesplinter Trogg on turn 1 followed by instant concede. Best from the opponent: turn 1 Raging Worgen + buffed its health. Impossible to overcome with any of the cards I drew.

Best game: Warrior vs. Medivh Mage. Mage pulled and played Antonidas and Justicar; I pulled and played Dr. Boom, Sneed's Old Shredder, and Leeroy Jenkins. The Shredder dropped Tirion when he died and I killed him with Leeroy on the next turn.

Zukuu

Banned
Hands down, Dark Peddler might be the best new card in LOE. Rank 17 -> 3 in a few hours? Yes please. It's that good. Might get to legend by accident again, if it keeps up.

JohnCYQ

I just saw his deck. He's not even playing that many Murlocs, it's basically a Midrange Paladin with some Murlocs thrown in + Anyfin.
Kripp's deck basically the same deck that Thijs played yesterday though?

Double Healbot, single Solemn Virgil, Cultmaster and Uldaman...only difference is -1 Aldor -1 Shredder, +1 Coghammer +1 Sylvanas.

I've already said how that skeleton is really bad since it is almost entirely reliant on Everyfin to close up the game. No Quartermaster, no MC/secrets, lack late game aside from Boom (which would be fine in more tempo-heavy midrange decks with BOKs, not in a deck that runs shitty draw cards like Solemn Virgil), and the 30damage OTK Anyfin requires
1) Opponent to have 30 or less total health
2) Opponent not having a taunt
3) Your own board to be clear

Also, I don't see how "He has won about 5 or 6 games now...but hasn't drawn Anyfin once." is a problem if you don't solely rely on it to win games. It works damn fine as an alternative win-con, and is burst damage from an empty board, something paladins never had, be it midrange or secrets/MC.

jgminto

Lost to a murloc paly who used anyfin can happen, and summoned an old murkeys, two bluegills and two raid leaders for instant bullsit OTK.

Man do I hate that card now.

There needs to be more shitty murlocs so murloc knight is not almoat always auto win if you can't answer it immediately.

Well they did just introduce two shittier Murlocs this expansion.

ZealousD

Murlocs are individually pretty shit. The only thing they're good for is their synergies, via Murloc Tidecaller, Murloc Warleader, Coldlight Seer, and Old Murk Eye.

If you aren't developing a board full of murlocs and pulling synergies together then all you're doing is running a lot of really crappy cards. You aren't developing particularly strong boards. You're just hoping you can draw and play 7 cards that die before finally being able to burst an opponent down with another very expensive card. Just sounds like a crappy fatigue or combo deck to me.

Ultimately the deck is only as good as it's match ups. If it has the same winrates as midrange paladin, then it really won't have much of a place on ladder... unless it is better than midrange paladin. Because why run just a worse version of a deck?

That said, shaman didn't get their everyfin card yet right? I am more interested in that card because it is feasibly okay even outside of murloc decks. And inside murloc decks, murlocs bought by neptulon, it could be incredible. +2/+2 across the board is potentially very good. Get it down to 5 mana and you're getting a super powered bloodlust in a deck that generates minions with its hero power.

jgminto

That said, shaman didn't get their everyfin card yet right? I am more interested in that card because it is feasibly okay even outside of murloc decks. And inside murloc decks, murlocs bought by neptulon, it could be incredible. +2/+2 across the board is potentially very good. Get it down to 5 mana and you're getting a super powered bloodlust in a deck that generates minions with its hero power.

Wasn't that one of the Class Challenge cards with this wing?

Zukuu

Banned
Decklist? Been trying some Zoo with DP in to some success.
I've always played a mid-range variant, this version has been highly succesful so far with only a few counters:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/386615-mid-range-zoo

It's a variant from my TGT "Swarm Lock", that I got to legend two season or so ago, which included Gormlok, a second Haunting Creeper and an Ooze instead of Dark Peddlers. He would still fit and he was a great addition, but I feel Piloted is better at the moment.
Tho, if you wanna play the new swarm lock style that seems to be popular now , with Sea Giants, Gormlok and Seekers (which I don't like as a own card in the deck, it's great in the right moment via Peddler tho), you sacrifice consistency for some more steamrolling. But why "win more", if you are already winning? It's a strange concept to build a deck around.

Peddler offers so much versatility, it wins you games. Such a high chance to draw 4 extra damage to lethal with PO and SF or get Seekers when your board is full, or Mortal Coil / Archer for better trades or taunts when it's crucial or Abusive / PO for Eggs etc. It's imo warlock's Shielded Minibot / Mad Scientist. It's on that level.

Peddler offers so much versatility, it wins you games. Such a high chance to draw 4 extra damage to lethal with PO and SF or get Seekers when your board is full, or Mortal Coil / Archer for better trades or taunts when it's crucial or Abusive / PO for Eggs etc. It's imo warlock's Shielded Minibot / Mad Scientist. It's on that level.

Sweet, I'll give it a shot.

And yeah, Peddler is good. With class cards being weighed so heavily you will get Flame Imp/Voidwalker/Mortal Coil or Power Overwhelming nearly every time.

Wow, this renolock was luck af. I was 1 off lethal, of course he has his single molten and reno in hand... and BGH to boot. Then he also happens to have his single silence for van cleef, and his single healbot. edit: This was all by turn 8 or 9 btw.

Top Bottom