• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

There will be more discover cards for sure.

We're bound to get a legendary that reads discover a legendary minion for one...

Druid, mage, warlock and priest got a specific discover card each, others probably follow eventually. We've 2 of them so far and both are very very good. The priest and druid one will surely be even better. Egg druid for one can really benefit from that 1 mana spell and priest one is just too good.

-For one I think warrior will get weapon discovery. That would be huge. Right now there are 6 weapons right?

terrible: cursed blade

it's bad but not end of the world: ogre one

decent: king's defender, 3 mana war axe. better than nothing.

good/great: gorehowl, fiery war axe.

stupidly good: death's bite.

So right now if they printed that card it would be OP. I think warrior needs like 2 more garbage weapons added before they can print that card, even then the card will probably be auto include.

-Hunter kinda has a discover card right now in the neutral 3/3 beast one I guess. I can't see much more happening here yet.

-Rogue discover card could be, discover a 0 mana card similar to warlock. it would be really good. you might get wisp, target dummy or the murloc but it doesn't really matter. even those are usable. I'd say target dummy would be pretty good even in some cases. The good outcomes are just insane now, so maybe they wait to add more 0 mana cards.

- Shaman like hunter kinda got a discover card with Sir Finly and Jeweled Scarab.

- Paladin could get.. discover a divine shield minion...this one is probably preetty goood..lol

sibarraz

Banned
Feels good when you defeat a control warrior after thoughtstealing an ysera, brawl and big game hunter, plus entombing another ysera, and an alextrasa that I returned to my hand with the dream, while making him lose to mill.

Is like I played your gimmick better than you

There will be more discover cards for sure.

We're bound to get a legendary that reads discover a legendary minion for one...

Druid, mage, warlock and priest got a specific discover card each, others probably follow eventually. We've 2 of them so far and both are very very good. The priest and druid one will surely be even better. Egg druid for one can really benefit from that 1 mana spell and priest one is just too good.

-For one I think warrior will get weapon discovery. That would be huge. Right now there are 6 weapons right?

terrible: cursed blade

it's bad but not end of the world: ogre one

decent: king's defender, 3 mana war axe. better than nothing.

good/great: gorehowl, fiery war axe.

stupidly good: death's bite.

So right now if they printed that card it would be OP. I think warrior needs like 2 more garbage weapons added before they can print that card, even then the card will probably be auto include.

You left out Arcanite Reaper. It's a pretty decent card that doesn't get played because Death's Bite is just that good.

-Hunter kinda has a discover card right now in the neutral 3/3 beast one I guess. I can't see much more happening here yet.

-Rogue discover card could be, discover a 0 mana card similar to warlock. it would be really good. you might get wisp, target dummy or the murloc but it doesn't really matter. even those are usable. I'd say target dummy would be pretty good even in some cases. The good outcomes are just insane now, so maybe they wait to add more 0 mana cards.

- Shaman like hunter kinda got a discover card with Sir Finly and Jeweled Scarab.

- Paladin could get.. discover a divine shield minion...this one is probably preetty goood..lol

That's exactly what we need. Paladins with 4 minibots. It should be a 1 drop, too so that they can play minibots on turns 1, 2, and 3 with the coin.

Feels good when you defeat a control warrior after thoughtstealing an ysera, brawl and big game hunter, plus entombing another ysera, and an alextrasa that I returned to my hand with the dream, while making him lose to mill.

Is like I played your gimmick better than you

I managed to beat a Control Priest with my Control Warrior deck even after the guy played a Thoughstolen Ysera, played his own Ysera, and then Shrinkmeister+Cabaled my Ysera. Between all three Yseras, he still wasn't able to keep them out as long as I had the one out.

VoxPop

Mixed in some LOE cards into my rogue mill deck and it's even more fun now. A stealth'd bronzebeard with Oracles, Discover cards, and Healbots + Shadowsteps/GangUps are just too fun.

Hearthstone: Paladins of Warcraft

Seriously, this game is so fucking monotonous now. I guess that's what happens when you repeatedly give one class bullshit cards every expansion.

Glix

Hearthstone: Paladins of Warcraft

Seriously, this game is so fucking monotonous now. I guess that's what happens when you repeatedly give one class bullshit cards every expansion.

Isn't this the cycle though? Eventually everyone will run Blood Knight and Kezan, and the meta will shift to decks that blank the cards that counter Pally?

Or, because of the small deck sizes, if you try and play sideboard stuff, does it de-synergize the deck too much?

sibarraz

Banned
I has faced all the classes lately, paladin are the ones that appear the most but they are not as op as other decks in the past

Hupsel

Yeah pallys are a pain, too many of them. I have no idea why they made Keeper of Uldaman for pally. They already have Aldor Peacekeeper thats cancer and makes high attack minions like boom completely useless... but now they can make your Ysera useless to. For a 3/4 Keeper is also soooo good.

Isn't this the cycle though? Eventually everyone will run Blood Knight and Kezan, and the meta will shift to decks that blank the cards that counter Pally?

Or, because of the small deck sizes, if you try and play sideboard stuff, does it de-synergize the deck too much?

Yeah, Blood Knight is reasonable at least. People were running it when there were even more Paladin then there are now.

Unfortunately Paladins don't give a crap about Kezan though.

Paladin isn't even making up that much of the ladder atm. Sure, they are the largest representation of any single class, but not by a large margin. There are a lot more diversity atm compared to pre-LOE.

Lyng

I has faced all the classes lately, paladin are the ones that appear the most but they are not as op as other decks in the past

True. They are far more OP.

Paladin right now has several of the best decks in the game and several of the most op class cards in the game.
Paladin is so ridicilously OP its ruining this game.

You must be playing US. EU is flooded with them.

Sounds like EU players < NA players for not adapting to the paladin meta
fail.gif

True. They are far more OP.

Paladin right now has several of the best decks in the game and several of the most op class cards in the game.
Paladin is so ridicilously OP its ruining this game.

Secret paladin isn't even the top deck atm.

ViviOggi

It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it wasn't the most one-dimensional pleb class represented by one of Metzen's shittiest throwaway lawful good Alliance clowns

Dahbomb

Top two decks in the game are both Paladin decks (not fucking Shaman, son please). Paladin is easily the most common class on Ladder and in Arena.

All hail da king.

Come on. You dont buy that that shaman deck is top tier. If it wasnt Reynoodle who made it wouldnt even be tier 1.

Having played against the deck, I don't even doubt it for a second. It is basically face hunter in shaman form. And the deck is not made by reynad, it was made by a player named luffy. There is an aggro list made by reynad as well, but to assume the list is wrong on that basis is without real support. Also not supported by the fact that they list the consultants on the page and reynad isn't listed as one of them. That kind of cuts against your argument.

Lyng

Having played against the deck, I don't even doubt it for a second. It is basically face hunter in shaman form. And the deck is not made by reynad, it was made by a player named luffy. There is an aggro list made by reynad as well, but to assume the list is wrong on that basis is without real support. Also not supported by the fact that they list the consultants on the page and reynad isn't listed as one of them. That kind of cuts against your argument.

It just seems so very easy to beat. Maybe that is because I play rogue though?

sibarraz

Banned

That's the thing on why I don't think that paladin is that terrible, now almost all the classes had an archetype that beat some of the top decks

For example as a priest player I had a field day with midrange paladin and control warrior, while having 50/50 match ups with secret and patron. In the other hand I had lots of troubles with druid and mage.

In the end it depends on what are you playing and what's popular, bad and good matchups are part of the experience, and now I had seen dozens of archetypes, not the same 5 that I was used on pre nerf patron days

Rogue should be favored against paladin but probably doesn't fare all that well against aggro shaman. Maybe the raptor rogue is different but rogue's strongest deck atm is oil rogue which is not favored vs aggro shaman.

I play rogue more than any other class in the game. Looking at my tracker stats, I've probably played rogue on ranked ladder more than every other class combined if I include matches before I started tracking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just spent 3(+) hours trying to get Ogre Rogue to work.

I mean, I beat a secret paladin. Once.

Fuck I really tried.

Lyng

Rogue should be favored against paladin but probably doesn't fare all that well against aggro shaman. Maybe the raptor rogue is different but rogue's strongest deck atm is oil rogue which is not favored vs aggro shaman.

I play rogue more than any other class in the game. Looking at my tracker stats, I've probably played rogue on ranked ladder more than every other class combined if I include matches before I started tracking.

I play raptor rogue primarily. Got a bit bored with oil. And I have yet to loose with that against aggro shaman. But my deck is abit different from the standard one, because I use beneath the ground. I have been having great results because the aggro shaman has lots of card draw and most of the times I have seen them choose the lock heropower which just makes beneath proc even more, making it fairly easy to keep their board clear and then they just loose steam.

Pooya

rogue is generally bad against full on smorc, not much you can do about damage from hand. If you get the right cards you can stabilize and have board initiative but a little bad hand and you won't get the chance to sprint or whatever. face hunter isn't really good for rogue either, it's like 50/50 or maybe worse. your cards like sap don't do much or anything in these games. Now the shaman one is way worse for rogue, because most of the damage comes from hand and in case of mech shaman the minions they play has 3-4 health mostly, so it's harder to remove without flurry. The one listed on tempostorm is more similar to face hunter, I played the mech variant quite a bit I think I like that one more.

Dahbomb

Wait a minute... what is this Aggro Shaman that is using a lot of card draw? Only card draw I have seen in it is Ancestral Knowledge to pump up Trogg.

Lyng

Wait a minute... what is this Aggro Shaman that is using a lot of card draw? Only card draw I have seen in it is Ancestral Knowledge to pump up Trogg.

Thats 4 cards pulled and like I said the ones I ran into picked the lock power from Sir Finley.

Also the Brann + Healbot combo helps.

I can only see BTG as being a weight that is hurting your deck overall.

Brann and healbot might be okay but I question whether brann is worth including in rogue. I haven't tried it yet, nor thought about it much because the best "battlecry" cards in rogue are actually combos.

I'm trying to see where brann could fit into a rogue deck very well but to be honest I am not sure it belongs. In mill rogue, yeah I can see that working. Outside of mill rogue I have a hard time justifying running brann in rogue, rather than just going with warlock. Or maybe shaman with the rumbling elemental, even though it doesn't cause it to proc twice it does help justify including more battlecry minions than normal.

I made a list of cards you might want to run in a brann deck for rogue, that are cards you would include because of brann that don't suck on their own. I left out some notable cards because you would likely run those cards regardless of brann (azure drake, dr. boom, etc.).

http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuild...zeH7zvt7zvl7zEM7zEa7zFU7zFW7zJg7zKF7zKK7zSP8m

There is only 1 rogue card in there: perdition's blade and the upside there is quite small anyway as it only increases the damage by 1 even when you combo. If the battlecry duplicated the combo, that'd be awesome but it isn't the case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6aja40HL9s&feature=youtu.be&t=32m42s (<- every battlecry + brann, but skipped to perdition's blade). edit: Oh wait, not sure why I thought perdition's blade dealt 3 damage. Instead of 2 damage it deals 4, so I think this is a little bit better than I originally thought.

So yeah, not really sure if brann belongs in rogue outside of mill. At least on the basis that you might just be running a weaker version of a different class' deck.

cHinzo

Man, so much aggro lately. Everyone is going full SMOrc. Switched to Renodin for the free wins and then I came across a Control Warrior lol. RIP!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And to think that I praised this game when this expansion released.

Game is shit, like always - no surprise here.

Yoshichan

edit: nevermind.

Yoshichan

I did a study, pure research, nothing harm meant, on this face shaman or whatever the fuck you wanna call "all-spells-and-two-doomhammer"-deck.

Me: I'm curious, do you feel good when winning like that? I'm doing a study on stupidity.
Him: lol
Him: i have one deck
Me: Okay keep going
Him: Playing hearthstone 2 months
Him: i can't win with expensive deck
Me: So you're a scrub who gets enjoyment from this?
Him: i can't make one
Him: So I play Reynad bullshit

The fact that he was so sincere about this made this whole thing very enjoyable. The only shaman on ladder today that I don't wish broken teeth upon.

KuroNeeko

Dr. Boom is played in some lists, like Mryagut's list. he got rank 1 on EU with it last season. It's a very good list.

Oil rogue is relatively cheap deck and you have the preps already. What's left is Edwin and Thalnos.

I'd say Edwin is optional, it's one of the best 3 drops in the whole game but you can play without it just fine. Edwin I feel is best against aggro actually, you can outrace them. Control decks generally deal with it quickly but still eats a removal and demands an immediate answer.

Thalnos on the other hand is quite important. Spellpower is huge for rogue. It makes your backstabs and FoKs go from ok cards to game winning tempo swings but it's also card cycling which is highly valuable in this deck. Loot Hoarder or Kobold are not a replacement, you have Thalnos in the deck because it's both in one. a lot of players often don't realize that, those two cards are just bad here.

So if you decided to craft a legendary for rogue, I'd get Thalnos first. It might feel bad crafting a 1/1 but you will see how good of a card it is very soon. It is used in other classes too.

It's a lot of fun to play, you will get good at it eventually. Watching streamers helps a lot. watch mryagut. It's one of the most rewarding decks in the game, it feels great winning with it. but I'm not sure if it's realistic to reach 5 with it this month if you just start playing it now. it takes some time improve with it.After 70 games or so you should be comfortable with it.

Thanks for the advice!

I've been watching Mr Y. for a while now. Seems like he's starting to get wrapped up in what chat is writing more lately, so I hope he doesn't go too far down that route and just keeps focusing on the game.

He mirrored what you said about Thalnos as well. Someone in chat asked for a replacement for Thalnos and he didn't say Kobold Geomancer or Loot Horder - he said Earthen Ring Farseer.

Sounds to me you are ready to start! You will know if Edwin/Thalnos are worth it once you have played the deck for a while.

If you have trouble playing the deck, watch a pro-player play it, or watch a guide. It will give you a good baseline on what the idea is.

Thanks! I'm playing it now! Starting off pretty bad, but sometimes it clicks! I'm trying it with Assassin's Blade though.

I wish I could have fun with my own decks in this game.

You and me both, brother!

I'm experimenting with Jungle Moonkin right now, but haven't taken it on the ladder yet. It's tons of fun and, more than anything, really reminds me of my time spent in WoW as a Balance Druid. I'm almost scared to take it online though because it'll probably get trashed.

Tried egg druid, got so rekt

"he's got 3 mana, and a single wyrm on board, what's the worst can happen?" So I flooded my board with 1/1s to set up next turn power play.

Arcane explosion is apparently the worst can happen,

Arcane Explosion and Arcane Missiles really wreck havoc on Egg Druid. It's so much fun to play though!

Thinking about a new hero. The power would be "look at the top card of your opponent's deck"

Strong enough or maybe too strong? I'd base the class around situational cards with delayed effects (cheap to play but activates over turns). Kind of a reverse shaman/warlock.

I feel this would be a different/strategic class to play.

Dahbomb

Thinking about a new hero. The power would be "look at the top card of your opponent's deck"

Strong enough or maybe too strong? I'd base the class around situational cards with delayed effects (cheap to play but activates over turns). Kind of a reverse shaman/warlock.

I feel this would be a different/strategic class to play.
With the way the game is currently played, paying mana just for information is too much. Like even if you know your opponent's top dick is a Dr.6... the fuck are you going to do about it? It's like when King's Elekk draws them a Highmane... it really doesn't matter much that you know they will be playing a Highmane on 6. You can do your best to prepare for it but if you don't have an answer then you don't have an answer. Maybe Discover mechanics can slightly take advantage of it but not by much.

Maybe if this class had a ton of cards that synergized with its hero power. As it is the hero power is under powered.

I did a study, pure research, nothing harm meant, on this face shaman or whatever the fuck you wanna call "all-spells-and-two-doomhammer"-deck.

Me: I'm curious, do you feel good when winning like that? I'm doing a study on stupidity.
Him: lol
Him: i have one deck
Me: Okay keep going
Him: Playing hearthstone 2 months
Him: i can't win with expensive deck
Me: So you're a scrub who gets enjoyment from this?
Him: i can't make one
Him: So I play Reynad bullshit

The fact that he was so sincere about this made this whole thing very enjoyable. The only shaman on ladder today that I don't wish broken teeth upon.
You don't feel you are being just a little bit insulting when you start off a friend request with that question?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't think I've ever gotten a friend request for any other reason

I've had a few normal ones. Every time I get the meek shall inherent quest I make a warlock deck entirely of 1 drops and once people catch on they tend to play along and let me play everything. I added someone who did it before since I was laughing my ass off.

I've never sent an actual rage friend request. Every time I sent one was because something really funny happened and I was wondering if they were laughing their asses off too.

With the way the game is currently played, paying mana just for information is too much. Like even if you know your opponent's top dick is a Dr.6... the fuck are you going to do about it? It's like when King's Elekk draws them a Highmane... it really doesn't matter much that you know they will be playing a Highmane on 6. You can do your best to prepare for it but if you don't have an answer then you don't have an answer. Maybe Discover mechanics can slightly take advantage of it but not by much.

Maybe if this class had a ton of cards that synergized with its hero power. As it is the hero power is under powered.

You don't feel you are being just a little bit insulting when you start off a friend request with that question?

Good points and yes the key is cards that synergise with information. For example "cancel the battlecry of the next minion" would stop dr 6 in its tracks. Not everytime, and you could play around it. But making your opponent play around stuff is a good thing.

Oh and the meta did change the day when naga was released. Murlocs everywhere!

Top Bottom