• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Ridli

Hey, I'd like to have some feedback on the fatigue priest deck I've been working on:

I don't play fatigue decks but does excavated evil work in that deck style? I understand it's great anti-aggro, but it's gonna delay the start of enemy fatigue damage by one turn every time you play it.

I literally cannot complete my quests to win as mage with a freeze mage. Lost like 7 in a row. And I can't play tempo cause I don't have flamewakers. I'd do the shaman side of the quest instead, but I'm also missing the BRM and LoE cards to make cancer.

The_Poet

Banned
I don't play fatigue decks but does excavated evil work in that deck style? I understand it's great anti-aggro, but it's gonna delay the start of enemy fatigue damage by one turn every time you play it.

If they draw it it also becomes a pretty much unusable card in their hand, making it easier to trigger overdraw

I literally cannot complete my quests to win as mage with a freeze mage. Lost like 7 in a row. And I can't play tempo cause I don't have flamewakers. I'd do the shaman side of the quest instead, but I'm also missing the BRM and LoE cards to make cancer.

Try mech mage witn antonidas, its still fairly consistent.

Owzers

Shaman is blizzards wrath at people who complained about face hunter.

Still don't want to craft doom hammer

Finally got another legendary and it's another tinker....on one hand, 400 dust, on the other there are so many legendaries I need the odds seem low for a second of the same.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
hush.gif

I'm not sure that's a huge problem if you're using up a fair amount of mana and early silences on Naga Sea Witch instead of the other things you need to get through.

Like if you're using your owl on Sea Witch, you're not using it on Sludge Belcher or Ancient of War.

If they draw it it also becomes a pretty much unusable card in their hand, making it easier to trigger overdraw.

But the only forced draws he has are Coldlight Oracles. I doubt he's going to be able to mill cards very often, especially since he's not running Brann. Coldlights are more for forcing fatigue damage for lethal rather than for milling in that particular deck.

Might consider replacing Excavating Evil with Shadow Madness since the latter doesn't add another card to your opponent's deck.

I think you are right, if opponent doesn't have an aggro deck then that slot might be used for something better. So if I face a lot of aggro: Excavated Evil x2. If not...?

So, I need to replace them with something. Something 4 - 5 manacost. I'm thinking..
- Kezan Mystic?
- Faceless Manipulator?
- Nexus-Champion Saraad?

I need to select total of 2 cards. I'm leaning towards Faceless + Saraad. I'm not feeling like Shadow Madness because I don't have Shrinkmeisters, SM seems a lot less useful for me.

You likely want to start by cutting some of the bad cards, like mind vision. Then perhaps fit in 2x cabal and maybe a shrinkmeister or two.

I'm not too keen on fatigue priest because often fatigue matches are decided by board state and you run very few minions and then your hero power is also weak overall because you run few minions.

I think 1 excavated is fine. 2 if you can fit it. It isn't even bad if it delays the game by 1 turn because it is going to very often be a dead draw for your opponent.

Ladekabel

So, I decided to craft the two Twilight Guardians to finally make Dragon Priest. First two games are against Handlock...... Why?

At least I won the second one.

The_Poet

Banned
But the only forced draws he has are Coldlight Oracles. I doubt he's going to be able to mill cards very often, especially since he's not running Brann. Coldlights are more for forcing fatigue damage for lethal rather than for milling in that particular deck.

I can't see the decklist, whatever hosting it uses is blocked at work. I was just commenting on the potential merits of excavated evil in a mill deck.

bjaelke

I think you are right, if opponent doesn't have an aggro deck then that slot might be used for something better. So if I face a lot of aggro: Excavated Evil x2. If not...?

So, I need to replace them with something. Something 4 - 5 manacost. I'm thinking..
- Kezan Mystic?
- Faceless Manipulator?
- Nexus-Champion Saraad?

I need to select total of 2 cards. I'm leaning towards Faceless + Saraad. I'm not feeling like Shadow Madness because I don't have Shrinkmeisters, SM seems a lot less useful for me.
Even without Shrinkmeisters it's still a great control card. I'd even suggest double Wild Pyromancer as a board clear over EE.

I'm running Saraad in my Reno Priest deck. Excellent card, but not one you'd want to use Faceless on.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Took a couple weeks back, but I guess I'm back in.

Trying to do heroic for the new adventure. I've cleared the first two wings on heroic already.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
People hatin' on Shamans are Face Hunter players ...
YES! I WENT THERE!

SHAMAN AND ROGUE FOR LIFE!!!
v8Uu48T.jpg

Crazyorloco

I took a break from this game...and now that I've returned I see lots of people using Reno Jackson. I guess I have to switch up my decks a bit.

Dahbomb

I hate seeing pro matches decided by shit like innervate boom bot and then crazy good bot rng.
This is the game we play.

All hail the one true king of Hearthstone, the one true OG Doctor.

That's ISIS level of evilness!

I still dont get why Dr Boom hasnt nerfed by now. Maybe Blizzy's data shows that he's ok? Dunno.
That's not true because they have admitted that the card is very strong and very popular. Their defense for not nerfing is that they don't want to nerf a Legendary because a lot of people craft it as their first Legendary and they will feel bad if it gets nerfed. Also they said Dr 7 seems better right now because the other 7 drops aren't as good. Overall they are happy to see a strong card in the 7 slot being used.

Stats wise Dr Balanced is in more decks than some common cards like Shredder and Azure Drake. Now that is truly mind blowing considering Dr is a Legendary and not everyone may have a Legendary. But who the fuck am I kidding everyone crafts him and throws him in all their decks as soon as they get it.

I didn't mean to cause a string of dr. boom babyrage. I don't think its OP, I just don't want to see a player like hotform lose that way.

Same thing with ragnaros in the past. I didn't like watching games decided by rag rng. Rag isn't OP either.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Druid innervates shredder, I wrath it, a mechwarper falls out so he plays a 3 mana shredder right after.

blizzard why

I wish I could play this game more. I really like it, watch tons of stuff about it, but after a few wins my ladder anxiety kicks in and I get the shakes pretty badly.

If nothing else, I would avoid these bloody Priests at low ranks. I can take getting steamrolled, because it's quick, watching these goons faff about, desperately clinging to life, it's not that fun. At least play full Randuin Wrynn, don't play the diet Mr. Steal Yo Cards version.

I think I traumatized my last opponent. Managed to get Brann -> Tomb Spider -> two Highmanes. Not much will stop four of those.

honestly I'm beginning to not like excavated evil because I always forget to play around it myself so i screw myself over. Also it being 5 mana for some reason is a big issue too

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That's not true because they have admitted that the card is very strong and very popular. Their defense for not nerfing is that they don't want to nerf a Legendary because a lot of people craft it as their first Legendary and they will feel bad if it gets nerfed. Also they said Dr 7 seems better right now because the other 7 drops aren't as good. Overall they are happy to see a strong card in the 7 slot being used.

Stats wise Dr Balanced is in more decks than some common cards like Shredder and Azure Drake. Now that is truly mind blowing considering Dr is a Legendary and not everyone may have a Legendary. But who the fuck am I kidding everyone crafts him and throws him in all their decks as soon as they get it.
Yeah but it pretty much killed the 7 slot.
I mean there's no decision on picking a 7 Mana card: Its Boom, its always Boom.

Duster

Damn is it ever satisfying to beat a fatigue/Mill Rogue via fatigue. He vanished, he sapped, he had Brann and was ganging up his oracles and healbots but he still lost.

What wasn't so fun was stealing my opponents Flamewalker, buffing it up to 16/16 only for them to use the mind control they got from Nefarian.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, the meta recognition is real.

I'm playing mid range paladin with Harrison Jones, I get that card from mulligan. I'm against a priest.

On turn one, I tell myself "Wait until the priest entombs my Tirion and then I use Harrison against him".

That happens and I win. YAAAAAAS.

Kornflayx

Holy shit, the meta recognition is real.

I'm playing mid range paladin with Harrison Jones, I get that card from mulligan. I'm against a priest.

On turn one, I tell myself "Wait until the priest entombs my Tirion and then I use Harrison against him".

That happens and I win. YAAAAAAS.

Feels good when something happens as you want it to happen right?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: Okay nerves are getting the best of me, I apologize once again.

Kornflayx

Wow you're so aware of the surroundings, now you made a nifty comment and feel all proud, do you?

Have a problem with me? I've PM'd you my details, let's go crazy on Skype. Come on, let's have fun.

WTF? There was no sarcasm in that post, lol. I literally wanted to tell you that I know that feeling when you know what's coming and you win because of it.

Calm down, dude.

I wish I could play this game more. I really like it, watch tons of stuff about it, but after a few wins my ladder anxiety kicks in and I get the shakes pretty badly.

If nothing else, I would avoid these bloody Priests at low ranks. I can take getting steamrolled, because it's quick, watching these goons faff about, desperately clinging to life, it's not that fun. At least play full Randuin Wrynn, don't play the diet Mr. Steal Yo Cards version.

I think I traumatized my last opponent. Managed to get Brann -> Tomb Spider -> two Highmanes. Not much will stop four of those.

Ladder anxiety is real.

God Joust is such a shitty fucking mechanic.

Not even Healing Wave is worth running it's so bad. How Blizzard thought it would change anything at all is beyond me.

God Joust is such a shitty fucking mechanic.

Not even Healing Wave is worth running it's so bad. How Blizzard thought it would change anything at all is beyond me.

I was running a Beast Hunter at the end of last season just for the hell of it and had King's Elek as one of my 2 drops. That god damn thing won the joust maybe 20% of the time. I managed to lose a joust to a Cogmaster. A fucking 1 drop beat me in a joust.

Lyng

Defender of argus

Unlike face hunter which runs UTH, and like face warrior, DOA shuts down weapons hard and because they don't trade much you should have a good chance of getting a good one off. Aggro shaman has a bit more reach with spells, but an early board shut down could stop them from getting enough reach. And they don't run board clears and maybe 1 silence.

Ahh yeah I run one in my afore mentioned rogue deck, might be the reason I had such success against said shaman deck.

Pooya

Dr. Boom is fine, it's almost every other big drop that sucks. If I'm using 7+ mana to play a card it better be damn strong. In comparison 2/4 drops in the game are just insanely strong, it's not proportional at all. We're at a point that most of big drops in the game just plain suck, if you remove Dr. Boom from the game, they still won't see play. The only other playable 7 drops is Archmage and maybe rarely Chillmaw/Geddon. 8 drops isn't any different, you have Tirion and Grommash because they are worth the mana. Rag is really rare these days. 9 drops too just sees two playable cards and I'd argue Ysera isn't all that good for NINE mana.
We don't exactly have choices here anyway that Dr. Boom would be limiting them.

Lyng

edit: Okay nerves are getting the best of me, I apologize once again.

Just count to ten before pushing the post button. I need to do that every time I loose to face hunter.
I might even write a post which spews the most vile and gruesome things I want to happen to face hunters. But before clicking post I read the comment, laugh it off and walk away.
Work in customer service a few weeks and you'll learn self control very quickly. (Well either that or you end up in prison for murder...on second thought...Yoshi please don't ever begin working in customer service)

Yoshichan

Just count to ten before pushing the post button. I need to do that every time I loose to face hunter.
I might even write a post which spews the most vile and gruesome things I want to happen to face hunters. But before clicking post I read the comment, laugh it off and walk away.
Work in customer service a few weeks and you'll learn self control very quickly. (Well either that or you end up in prison for murder...on second thought...Yoshi please don't ever begin working in customer service)
I worked with customer service (basic local networking)... I know the pain... Never again. But yes, I'm really improving my anger management lately but with all the stress and chaos around me, it's hard to contain and depressure myself.

Sande

Looks like my tempo mage deck finally can't keep up anymore. The spam is so bad that I often lose even with a perfect draw.

I worked with customer service (basic local networking)... I know the pain... Never again. But yes, I'm really improving my anger management lately but with all the stress and chaos around me, it's hard to contain and depressure myself.

What deck are you currently running? ever thought about streaming? I think you might speak for many in the community...

Owzers

Looks like my tempo mage deck finally can't keep up anymore. The spam is so bad that I often lose even with a perfect draw.

just lost to one as hunter, couldn't get past duplicate sludge belcher despite having two owls in the deck O____O

Top Bottom