• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Hunter has been tier 3 for like a month now. Not at all surprising, there are faster, stickier decks right now that compete against Hunter. All Hunter has going for it is a hero power that does face damage and Mad Scientist interaction. Game is so fast that Shaman can end the game by turn 5-6 without using something like a hero power.

Midrange Hunter is still consistent but that deck competes against Midrange Paladin/Secret Paladin/Midrange Murloc Paladin/Raptor Rogue/Midrange Druid.

Tarazet

paladin lacked one thing, burst. they got that too now :p bu bu but you have to put some garbage (murlocs) in your deck so it's balanced. lol

I like this meta though, rogue just beats just about everything and control warrior seems to be close to extinction lolz.

Nothing wrong with Patron, though that archetype doesn't seem to have gotten anything useful out of LoE. Obsidian Destroyer isn't awful as a budget option for Control but doesn't exactly win games the way a certain other 7 drop does.

jgminto

That ranking seems crazy to me, Aggro Shaman is definitely good and probably the best pure aggro deck around at the moment but I don't think it's that hard to shut out as midrange or control if you get a good opening.

Dahbomb

Yeah IMO it's crazy to rank that deck as #1 deck in the game especially over the Paladin decks. Tempostorm sometimes messes up big time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mid range paladin has changed a bit as well. No more murloc knight and instead tuskarr jouster, right?

Dahbomb

Mid range paladin has changed a bit as well. No more murloc knight and instead tuskarr jouster, right?
Main change to Midrange Paladin has been that Keeper of Uldaman card. That was definitely a big boost to that archetype.

Also this ranking pre-dates the current Murloc wing. Probably was compiled at the height of Aggro Shaman's power.

Shaman Tier 1, Hunter Tier 3.
Welcome to bizarro world!

When you are on a losing streak and you get upset by it, take a break.
You will only make more missplays otherwise.

Yea I should have. Made 3 obvious misplays that I noticed right away (probably a few more that didn't even cross my mind). Got back to 5 but gotta call it donezo for the day. I guess this what happens when you play while watching football on the T.V and fighting game tournament on the other monitor LOL.

Pooya

maybe with 2x mirror image, 2x flame cannon it could be good against it. The only real counter is a lot of taunts, renolock is probably good.

Don't doubt that fucking bitch ass mana wrym.

Okay but the way shaman interacts with the mage does not work well with mage's plan to interact with the shaman. Shaman doesn't care much about board control after mage is capable of locking it down with minions like flamewaker or spells like arcane missiles. They'll just throw charge minions at face.

I think perhaps tech'd the right way, tempo mage can buy themselves a bigger winrate but likely at the cost of other match ups.

Shaman rank 1?

Fuck you Tempo Storm. I never thought this day would come and now it's here but it's not even real. You cheated Shaman from their future glory by putting them too high on the tier list when they don't deserve it. Raaage.

gutshot

I'm sure that ranking has nothing to do with the fact that their boss created the deck...

Anyway, I'll be glad to see more aggro shaman scrubs on ladder. I haven't lost to one yet. Just keep their board clear and they can't do much.

Pooya

the featured deck is very different than Reybad's actually. Reynad's was just mech shaman with troggs, this isn't a mech deck anymore, it doesn't have unbounded elementals either. It has charge minions instead.

KuroNeeko

Notice me, sempai! #priest

Hunter has been tier 3 for like a month now. Not at all surprising, there are faster, stickier decks right now that compete against Hunter. All Hunter has going for it is a hero power that does face damage and Mad Scientist interaction. Game is so fast that Shaman can end the game by turn 5-6 without using something like a hero power.

Midrange Hunter is still consistent but that deck competes against Midrange Paladin/Secret Paladin/Midrange Murloc Paladin/Raptor Rogue/Midrange Druid.

I played a Hunter yesterday that ran like almost every Secret in the game. He just pounded on me with his Bow and hero power every turn while my minions, bounced, mis-attacked, or got sniped. I wanted to laugh, but I was too close to death the whole time. :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I still think people are dumb to count out Face Hunter. Reno decks aren't that hugely favored over face hunters, and are probably unfavored if they include duplicates.

I think the OTK feel of it makes it seem worse than it actually is.

Dahbomb

Hunter overall is still strong and can still steal some wins. It's just that power creep in the game for other classes has lowered its overall power level.

Owzers

lost to two shamans in a row when i wanted to test out a mech mage i saw Forsen play, first was to a mech shaman, second to one that started off with the mrrgl legendary and got warloc hero power.

This game...am i going to have to craft a shaman? I really don't want to have to make two of those epic weapons.

KuroNeeko

It may be too early to tell, but Entomb has been doing work against Warlock.

I ... I'm starting to feel hopeful....

lost to two shamans in a row when i wanted to test out a mech mage i saw Forsen play, first was to a mech shaman, second to one that started off with the mrrgl legendary and got warloc hero power.

This game...am i going to have to craft a shaman? I really don't want to have to make two of those epic weapons.

Don't do this!

Yep.. they just draw every single spell and go face. Fuck your taunts... we just smorc with spells.

Xanathus

Best thing about Murloc Paladin is that it's still in the "oh that's a cool and unique deck" phase so people are emoting Well Played when Anyfin Can Happen is played.

Dahbomb

Shaman is just flavor of the month aggro deck. Will probably get replaced by whatever other tempo/aggro deck a streamer wants to highlight next.

Aggro Priest is next boys!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Game has went full retard right now.

Either that or Tempostorm has. At least Tempostorm finally removed Freeze Mage from tier 1.
IMO, I think this drives home how useless Tempstorm's rankings are. As far as I can see, they have minimal to no data backing up their rankings, its just a group of guys discussing their feelings of the meta.

KuroNeeko

How much of the meta is determined by region?

Like, as a player in JP. I was recently given the chance to migrate my account over to the Asian servers where I imagine they pay less attention to Tempo Storm and whatnot. It seems like TS is pretty much defining the meta, as opposed to describing it, which is quite advantageous considering what line of business they're in. (I declined since I've already crafted Boom / Silvanas / Lightbomb / Prep on the US server.)

Is the meta different in say, EU or Asia? Are people pretty much playing the same decks?

How much of the meta is determined by region?

Like, as a player in JP. I was recently given the chance to migrate my account over to the Asian servers where I imagine they pay less attention to Tempo Storm and whatnot. It seems like TS is pretty much defining the meta, as opposed to describing it, which is quite advantageous considering what line of business they're in.

Is the meta different in say, EU or Asia? Are people pretty much playing the same decks?

I remember at Blizzcon the Chinese players ran a lot more tech cards. They also played a lot more midrange Paladin when Secret was FOTM. So yea meta is a little different but mostly the same.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shaman is just flavor of the month aggro deck. Will probably get replaced by whatever other tempo/aggro deck a streamer wants to highlight next.

Aggro Priest is next boys!

Yeah, like, doesn't the new aggro shaman face pretty much the same problem as old aggro mech shaman? Very inconsistent and runs out of gas pretty quickly?

Dahbomb

Meta is different in different regions. It's not THAT different but it's still different. Like in China people play Confessor over Ysera. They also play an aggro version of Freeze Burn Mage with Coldlight Oracles.

And yeah the Aggro Shaman runs out of steam quick though it's more like Face Hunter than Mech Shaman where by the time they run out of steam the game is decided one way or the other.

ricelord

haven't played ladder for a few days or checked tempostorm
*sees that shammy is tier 1 and hunter tier 3.*
giphy.gif

the hell happen lol.

Pooya

Do these egg druids run combo? I'm guessing not. looks fun but there is no way to win against decks with several board clear like renolock or oil rogue. I just fought against two back to back.

If you know how to play oil rogue it's probably the best deck right now top of tier 1. fastest I've reached rank 5 and I barely played 10 matches a day this month. it was just too easy to climb, everything aligns with the deck well right now.

Top Bottom