• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

hush.gif
Meta has changed though, Shamans have become more aggressive because of the 1/3 Murloc, Paladins have an OTK option and Priest has received a very powerful removal option.

jgminto

I just had a Dragon Priest mirror match where we both played Nefarian which gave both of us Entomb which we both used on each other's Nefarian. I love this game sometimes.

Hupsel

Shamman is incredible annoying right now. If I dont get my taunts early on it's just gg as dragon priest. Of course I get Ysera, Lightbomb and Shadow Word: Death on my opening hand most of the time against Thrall. Thanks Blizz.

Szadek

Shamman is incredible annoying right now. If I dont get my taunts early on it's just gg as dragon priest. Of course I get Ysera, Lightbomb and Shadow Word: Death on my opening hand most of the time against Thrall. Thanks Blizz.
It's not like you could win against anyone with that hand, except maybe handlock.

Dahbomb

Your best bet as Priest against Warlock is to try to draw their Jaraxxus from Voidcaller and Entomb it.
I can tell you as a Handlock player that I don't even play Void Callers against Priest until after Jaraxxus is played. And in a Renolock deck there's only one Void Caller to begin with so it's fine if you don't ever play it.

Dragon Priest on the other hand can put enough pressure on the board where it might force out the Void Caller from the Renolock player.

Kornflayx

I did a study, pure research, nothing harm meant, on this face shaman or whatever the fuck you wanna call "all-spells-and-two-doomhammer"-deck.

Me: I'm curious, do you feel good when winning like that? I'm doing a study on stupidity.
Him: lol
Him: i have one deck
Me: Okay keep going
Him: Playing hearthstone 2 months
Him: i can't win with expensive deck
Me: So you're a scrub who gets enjoyment from this?
Him: i can't make one
Him: So I play Reynad bullshit

The fact that he was so sincere about this made this whole thing very enjoyable. The only shaman on ladder today that I don't wish broken teeth upon.

For that shit, you deserve every turn 5 loss you're going to get.

man twice have I had a token/dragon egg druid have perfect draws with double savage roar in hand by turn 4. Why ben brode, why. And I've only ever faced two. that 100%

Brofist

I did a study, pure research, nothing harm meant, on this face shaman or whatever the fuck you wanna call "all-spells-and-two-doomhammer"-deck.

Me: I'm curious, do you feel good when winning like that? I'm doing a study on stupidity.

The fact that he was so sincere about this made this whole thing very enjoyable. The only shaman on ladder today that I don't wish broken teeth upon.

Take a break

Lyng

I can only see BTG as being a weight that is hurting your deck overall.

Brann and healbot might be okay but I question whether brann is worth including in rogue. I haven't tried it yet, nor thought about it much because the best "battlecry" cards in rogue are actually combos.

Thing is if I want to survive this aggro meta, ofthen the combo cards (apart from SI of course) feel to slow, so I prefer my deck with more tech and sticky minions. Its working for me because the meta is so aggro heavy.

Thing is if I want to survive this aggro meta, ofthen the combo cards (apart from SI of course) feel to slow, so I prefer my deck with more tech and sticky minions. Its working for me because the meta is so aggro heavy.

How does beneath the grounds help you versus aggro decks? They hardly run any card draw. If you're worried about aggro, you should be running faster cards.

Honestly, based on personal experience I can say BTG isn't even that great against control decks.

Lyng

How does beneath the grounds help you versus aggro decks? They hardly run any card draw. If you're worried about aggro, you should be running faster cards.

Honestly, based on personal experience I can say BTG isn't even that great against control decks.

It gives me 4/4 minions for free. It might seem like it wouldnt work or whatever but so far that card has won me several games.

It gives me 4/4 minions for free. It might seem like it wouldnt work or whatever but so far that card has won me several games.

Put an ERF or any other solid 3 drop in that slot and you'll win more games. Sometimes BTG won't even summon a single 4/4. That is 3 mana or more just thrown out in a match that lasts maybe 6-7 turns. It can be like skipping your turn. The chance to get a 4/4 is not better than definitely getting a 3/3 or 3/4 on demand across the vast majority of games against aggro.

KuroNeeko

Facehunter spamming "Greetings traveller" for the entire turn after topdecking lethal in casual.

Just... why?

People like to rub it in.

I play Priest, which seems to be like the most universally hated class in Hearthstone. Everyone hates Priests. Doesn't matter that they're one of the worst classes in the game. Dragon Priest put it back on radar, but before then, they were the anomaly. Doesn't keep people from BM'ing you whenever they can.

Whenever I play another Priest, we're always healing each other for the first few turns, or giving each other "Sorry"s and whatnot.

So far, I think people have been most sympathetic to me when I play Oil. Like I get a ton of "Sorry"s when they're absolutely crushing me. lol

Hey, I'd like to have some feedback on the fatigue priest deck I've been working on:

Link

I'm currently 11-2 with this deck, but I started very low in ranks so I'm only 14 currently. But I met control warriors, some secret paladins, fatigue mage etc. I lost to dragon priest and deathrattle rogue, deathrattle rogue loss was due to my own misplay.

The idea is to fatigue opponent to death, so I avoided my own card draw and instead relied on cards that either steal enemy cards or drew for both players (mind vision, thoughtsteal, nefarian, coldlight oracle).

Some cards I'm not sure about and I may want to replace:
- Jeweled Scarab: I intend to replace this with Museum Curator once he is released this week?
- Acidic Swamp Ooze: he's mostly because I didn't want card draw from Harrison, and I ran out of ideas what to put here
- Coldlight oracles seem like a bad idea, but sometimes I just ran out of cards or I needed to fish for that board clear so I included them
- Senjin Shieldmastas are there because I didn't find better 4-mana cards to fill that manaslot. They are there (with all other taunts) to ensure I live long enough to use 5/6-mana board clears
- Nefarian: He is difficult to play, I have to be winning tempo game which is difficult. But the extra spells he provides are useful and he eats removals

Mulgrok

I am convinced that Entomb puts the card at the top of the deck because 3 out of 3 times my entombed minions have been top decked and played the next turn.

Lyng

Put an ERF or any other solid 3 drop in that slot and you'll win more games. Sometimes BTG won't even summon a single 4/4. That is 3 mana or more just thrown out in a match that lasts maybe 6-7 turns. It can be like skipping your turn. The chance to get a 4/4 is not better than definitely getting a 3/3 or 3/4 on demand across the vast majority of games against aggro.

Will test that tonight.

Szadek

So far we had 3 great legendaries in LoE and I even have some hope for the last 2.
Starseeker could be good in mill and controll decks, because in these decks you often survive till fatigue and you have nothing but useless cards in your hand.
Plus,you can always just summon her on curve.

Rafaam could work in any deck that doesn't have a finisher like control priest.

Other then that, I'm really loooking forward to Museum Curator and Tomb Pillager.
I don't see any of the other cards get played except for Raven Idol and Eerie Statue.

just played against the same face shaman 5 games in a row on ladder, wtf

I am testing out a shaman deck atm but more relevant is the DOA that completely shutdown this shaman's chance to win with doomhammer, very hard.

edit:
Playing against scrubs at rank 10 makes this deck look good. Not even sure why this one priest conceded.

I'm currently something like 12-2 as Aggro Shaman in Ranked. Feels so good.

Lyng

Your misplay was not immediately squelching at the beginning of the game. I do it every game.

I hate that it has to be that way though. I wish you could just enjoy the game more without people having to be absolute jerks to each other.

I try to be as friendly as possible and even give well played to smorc players. Still doesnt stop them from BM'ing like mad the other way.

Hupsel

Should I put one Deathlord in the dragon priest deck with the increase popularity of Shaman? I have one ooze already for doomhammer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for yesterday, I've been particularly hostile lately for various reasons. Real life issues, FFVII: Remake 'debates', massive final exams this Friday etc.

Sorry.

Defender of argus

Unlike face hunter which runs UTH, and like face warrior, DOA shuts down weapons hard and because they don't trade much you should have a good chance of getting a good one off. Aggro shaman has a bit more reach with spells, but an early board shut down could stop them from getting enough reach. And they don't run board clears and maybe 1 silence.

Pooya

gotta play Bolf to counter Shamans, kappa.

that new mage card (armor one) seems really interesting, it just doesn't fit mage much.

Ladekabel

I need help with a decision. I have 800 dust and don't know what to do. Should I craft two Twilight Guardians so I can start playing Malylock and Dragon Priest or should I save 800 and craft Justicar?

Tarazet

I had the most glorious game last night where my Patron Warrior deck demolished an Aggro Druid with a nut draw.

Turn 2, I hero power and pass. Druid plays Darnassus Aspirant to have 4 mana next turn.
Turn 3, I play Acolyte of Pain. He does Coin, Innervate, Dr. Boom.
Turn 4, I drop another Acolyte of Pain, and whirlwind. One bomb hits my face, the other hits an Acolyte for 1 damage. I run the other Acolyte into the Aspirant. 4 cards drawn on this turn.
Turn 5, he plays Fel Reaver and goes face with Boom/Aspirant. I top-deck an Execute, then run my one remaining Acolyte into his Aspirant, finally killing it, and get the other Execute. Execute Boom, equip a Win Axe, ping Reaver with Inner Rage and execute it. Bullshit averted and 12 cards discarded from his deck.

gotta play Bolf to counter Shamans, kappa.

that new mage card seems really interesting, it just doesn't fit mage much.

Healbot for a stronger effect per mana anyway...

Bolf would work perhaps if it had more text to it... like +1 armor per damage absorbed would be awesome. Right now its just an interesting card that falls really low on the power scale... unfortuneately.

Szadek

Bolf should at least have taunt.
No idea how blizzard fucked up this card so badly.
After they showed him for the first time on stream, it took everyone watching just 1 turn to figure out how much bolf sucks.

The really sad thing is that he wasn't even the most worthless legendary of the set, just look at acidmaw and skeleton knight.
I mean, they should at least try to give cards with cool effect a chance to get played.

Yeah! It's surprisingly fun and resilient! The can't imagine running it without Jeeves though.
Well I don't have any of him yet (he's cheap but I just dusted for a tourney at OSU this weekend) so I've been using like a shredder, swipe, knife juggler and a force of nature to plug the holes so I don't run out of cards too soon. Still tons of fun. Sir Finley helps a lot to grab warlock or token hero powers

I think for the first time in a long time we actually have 8 classes having a deck in the top two "tiers" (or put another way the top 11-12 decks). What is missing? Hunter.

However, I think hunter will find a way. After all, shaman is in the meta. And it should fare well against paladin as well, which makes up most of the tier 1 decks. Tempostorm has them listed at tier 3 but I think the potential to be tier 2 is present. Probably a hybrid deck that can rush down certain decks and perhaps have that extra power present for reno decks (which I haven't seen a lot of lately anyway).

Top Bottom