• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Tacitus_

I worked with customer service (basic local networking)... I know the pain... Never again. But yes, I'm really improving my anger management lately but with all the stress and chaos around me, it's hard to contain and depressure myself.

How the hell did you last even a day in that job. I'm not even joking, I'm asking seriously.

This Freeze Mage just had Antonidas out for like 6 turns and I still managed to win thanks to having Tank Up...as a Shaman.

Thanks Sir Finley.

Edit: Oh and there goes the win streak. Yay, Paladin.

Control rogue with mrglton seems a little promising. I wonder if there is ever a set of 3 hero powers that would not have some advantage in a match up for that particular rogue archetype.

Tacitus_

the most terrifying thing is yoshi revealing that this rage isn't just some dumb internet persona he's putting on

I doubt he'd break stuff just for a persona.

Try to get help Yoshi before you do something you can't take back.

Control rogue with mrglton seems a little promising. I wonder if there is ever a set of 3 hero powers that would not have some advantage in a match up for that particular rogue archetype.

Would you forgo weapon buffs or run weapons if you're going to give away your hero power?

Would you forgo weapon buffs or run weapons if you're going to give away your hero power?

You might just not run weapon buffs, it isn't abnormal at least. Rogue weapons are questionable. Maybe perdition's blade because it has that removal element to it. But assassin's blade suffers from low attack for 5 mana, making it hard to use as removal often.

Tacitus_

You might just not run weapon buffs, it isn't abnormal at least. Rogue weapons are questionable. Maybe perdition's blade because it has that removal element to it. But assassin's blade suffers from low attack for 5 mana, making it hard to use as removal often.

Assassins blade + deadly poison is pretty nice though, if you want to control the board with your face. Could probably get away with running two poisons so you have the hero power dagger + poison for early game and assassins + poison for late game.

Hupsel

Anyone still play Dragon Priest? Class is getting rekt right now with so many Reno Warlocks. Can't win one against them :/ Also, control warriors.

cHinzo

Anyone still play Dragon Priest? Class is getting rekt right now with so many Reno Warlocks. Can't win one against them :/ Also, control warriors.

Should still be great against aggro though.

Just had a turn 4 lethal against a Renolock with a full Face Hunter deck lol, no mercy. Guess that shit still works.

Hupsel

Should still be great against aggro though.

Just had a turn 4 lethal against a Renolock with a full Face Hunter deck lol, no mercy. Guess that shit still works.

Sometimes it is. Need the taunts very early. The number of Reno Warlocks is a pain though, there are a TON of them around level 10.

Dahbomb

Minus Paladin this is the most balanced HS has ever been at this time. Every class I am seeing online these days in some capacity.

Of course I am talking about class balance and not archetype balance. Everyone is just playing different versions of aggro/tempo.

Minus Paladin this is the most balanced HS has ever been at this time. Every class I am seeing online these days in some capacity.

Of course I am talking about class balance and not archetype balance. Everyone is just playing different versions of aggro/tempo.

Everybody has a chance now. The statue may change that up this week though, I'm thinking it is Handlock time again.

jgminto

Ugh yeah I just matched up three times against Handlock as Dragon Priest, then as soon as I change class I get a Hunter...sigh.

Ridli

Please keep queuing as Dragon Priest. Jaraxxus loves dragons!

Aside from that, is there any kind of list of folks that need people to creep on fill out their friends lists for observing wins? Something by timezone maybe?

If you usually like to play anywhere between 4-7 PM pacific, send an invite. I'll watch you, you watch me, classic packs will rain from the sky: Izzy#1960

I haven't played much the past two weeks. Any meta defining cards get released with the new explorer wings? I see the trogg made some type of face shaman.

I haven't played much the past two weeks. Any meta defining cards get released with the new explorer wings? I see the trogg made some type of face shaman.

Lots of meta defining cards.

Sir Finley Mrglton, Anyfin Can Happen, Entomb, Brann, Tunneling Trogg, Keeper of Uldaman... LoE is like Naxx 2.0 for how many of these cards are getting used

jgminto

It's kinda crazy how much the meta has changed in the past few months. Even if Paladin has reigned supreme in some form most of the time, there has been so much variation in decks.

Dahbomb

It's kinda crazy how much the meta has changed in the past few months. Even if Paladin has reigned supreme in some form most of the time, there has been so much variation in decks.
Meta will stablilize a few weeks after LoE has finished releasing.

Mulgrok

I am testing out a shaman deck atm but more relevant is the DOA that completely shutdown this shaman's chance to win with doomhammer, very hard.

edit:
Playing against scrubs at rank 10 makes this deck look good. Not even sure why this one priest conceded.

What was odd was that I faced the same player 5 matches in a row on ladder, not that the person was face shaman.

Pooya

against a warrior... looks like some kinda dragon warrior, synergy is active and all that ok.. I can win like this. waaait it's freaking REEENO. how.....

ok, this is seemingly a midrange paladin, cho, into minibot, into muster seems normal..... waaait it's freaking REEENO.

godddaaamn I've have the worst luck today, how they can curve like that and play Reno, it's so BS.

to top it off, warlock played healbot bran and Reno. jesus. Where are these face decks you say? my rogue got rekt today. assassin's blade goes back in I guess, I hate playing that.

sibarraz

Banned
got to rank 9 with control priest, I will see if I can reach legend

I had 402 accumulated wins on ranked, is by far my favorite class, I will try to get legend with it this month since I don't know if I could play that much next year since I graduated from university and had to find a job

KuroNeeko

against a warrior... looks like some kinda dragon warrior, synergy is active and all that ok.. I can win like this. waaait it's freaking REEENO. how.....

ok, this is seemingly a midrange paladin, cho, into minibot, into muster seems normal..... waaait it's freaking REEENO.

godddaaamn I've have the worst luck today, how they can curve like that and play Reno, it's so BS.

to top it off, warlock played healbot bran and Reno. jesus. Where are these face decks you say? my rogue got rekt today. assassin's blade goes back in I guess, I hate playing that.

Rogue-sempai!

I just got done with a match against what I thought was a Freeze Mage. We got down to about 2 cards left in our deck each and he was sitting at 11 life when REEEEEENNNOO! lol

I bursted him down in one turn with Oil on Lotheb, double Oil on Assassin's Blade, + double Eviscerate for 30 in one turn. lol It was a fun game, but AB is doing god's work against control.

Overall, Oil is going ... OK. Like, there are some games where I develop no board and just flounder for 6 turns or so before dying. It seems real inconsistent. I'm probably just not contesting the board hard enough early on -- must be my priest showing....

got to rank 9 with control priest, I will see if I can reach legend

I had 402 accumulated wins on ranked, is by far my favorite class, I will try to get legend with it this month since I don't know if I could play that much next year since I graduated from university and had to find a job

What are you running? Does your list include Justicar?

I've been running two Entombs, two Lightbombs, one Nova, two CoHs / ASPs, and Pyromancers. Control Warrior and Warlock with Jaraxxus seems to give me the most trouble. Actually, midrange Paladin is also a really dicey matchup as well.

I imagine that we'll see a huge upswing in rogue decks at the end of the week ... yuck.

I need help with a decision. I have 800 dust and don't know what to do. Should I craft two Twilight Guardians so I can start playing Malylock and Dragon Priest or should I save 800 and craft Justicar?

Not sure if I'm too late for this, but here goes.

This is just my take, but I'd say that if you like Dragons and are interested in playing with them across multiple classes, then you should go with Twilight Guardians because they are absolutely required in every dragon deck.

If you're more interested in playing control, particularly warrior and / or priest, then Justicar would probably be a decent investment. I don't see her outside of Warrior and Paladin (with a smattering of priest), but she works really well in those decks.

As a priest player, I crafted the Twilight Guardians when they came out, but found that I didn't really like Dragon Priest as much as Control Priest. I do use them A LOT in Dragon Mage though, and if I liked the skins for warrior, I'd probably play them in dragon warrior and warlock as well.

Now that I have Boom and Sylvanas, Justicar is probably next on my list of legendaries to craft. Her competition is Ysera (often too slow), Paletress (Ysera's replacement), Bloodmage Thalnos (if I start switching over to Rogue), or ... hmm ... I don't know lol.

Are we really calling more classes getting brokenly overpowered cards balance though?

This game is only getting worse unless for some reason you love turn 6 lethals or decks that do nothing but curve out with minions that are way undercosted.

Dahbomb

Are we really calling more classes getting brokenly overpowered cards balance though?

This game is only getting worse unless for some reason you love turn 6 lethals or decks that do nothing but curve out with minions that are way undercosted.
If everyone is brokenly overpowered then the game is balanced. Sort of.

Yeah turn 6-7 lethals suck but a lot more classes have option to it now or at the very least they can play a longer game and still be viable (Priests can play Dragon Priest, Warriors can play CW/Grim Patron because these classes have the hero power to support it).

Before you had Rogue with only one playable archetype and another class that was outclassed by everything else. Now these two classes have more options and a higher power level. So you can pick any class now and do reasonably well, that's what I meant by balance.

Now mind you I think the balance is extremely poor when it comes to deck archetype. It's all just some form of aggro/tempo with a few exceptions.

Right now many decks can play aggro and midrange/tempo but not many can play the full spectrum:

Druid: Aggro and Midrange on lock... no control archetype. Ramp Druid is just not good enough.
Warlock: Can play the most archetypes in the game thanks to the hero power.
Mage: Tempo and Freeze Mage, Grinder/Control Mage also usable.
Rogue: Oil Rogue and Raptor Rogue. Control Rogue exists but isn't quite there yet but it's on the up.
Shaman: Aggro and Midrange are decent but control variant isn't good enough yet.
Warrior: Tempo in the form of Grim Patron deck and then a Control archetype. Probably one of the few classes that doesn't have a strong aggro option.
Hunter: Aggro and Midrange... control variant is non existent.
Priest: Midrange with Dragons, Control Priest is standard though not that good. No real aggro variant yet.
Paladin: Has everything except a full on Control variant because the Midrange version is just simply better.

It's pretty obvious that they need to improve the control functionality of Shamans, Druids and Hunter dramatically with some buffs needed for Control Rogue. They can probably get away with adding aggressive options for Priest and Warrior.

If everyone is brokenly overpowered then the game is balanced. Sort of.

Yeah turn 6-7 lethals suck but a lot more classes have option to it now or at the very least they can play a longer game and still be viable (Priests can play Dragon Priest, Warriors can play CW/Grim Patron because these classes have the hero power to support it).

Before you had Rogue with only one playable archetype and another class that was outclassed by everything else. Now these two classes have more options and a higher power level. So you can pick any class now and do reasonably well, that's what I meant by balance.

Now mind you I think the balance is extremely poor when it comes to deck archetype. It's all just some form of aggro/tempo with a few exceptions.

My concern is we're reaching a point where the cards available are just too efficient, even to the point where if Blizzard wants to create cards that push a new archetype for a class they have to make them absolutely nuts.

Even right now we're at a point at which making a deck consists of "I have to put this card in because it's so broken," rather than "what cards fit the deck I'm trying to make?"

Dahbomb

Liquid Hearth released their tier list.

Aggro Shaman is at #18, lol
All hail da king.

Secret Paladin at #1.

My concern is we're reaching a point where the cards available are just too efficient, even to the point where if Blizzard wants to create cards that push a new archetype for a class they have to make them absolutely nuts.

Even right now we're at a point at which making a deck consists of "I have to put this card in because it's so broken," rather than "what cards fit the deck I'm trying to make?"
Yeah that's just the reality. If they want new archetypes they need to create Raptor and MC level OP cards to push an archetype.

Dr.6>Dr.6>Dr.7

I still won though. FUCK YOUR SHIT!

But I was also.. Paladin. Just the Midrange kind!

Just got a Nat Pagle from Shredder that drew 4 hands straight before the other guy said fuck it I'm killing it. LOL

Hupsel

They really need to do something about pally. Just a bit salty, but... aldor + uldaman is a fucking strong combo to control anything in the game. Oh, if they dont have board its np, equality + consecration or the pyromancer dude will do. Plus Dr 6,7,8.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OMG I'm finally level 50 with all classes! Got all the golden class cards now!

0dkli4u.jpg

Hupsel

I wonder what the reaction would be if Blizzard just made Mysterious Challenger a Legendary card.

hen they would need to make a normal OP card for pally so they dont feel sad, like a 4/5 cost 5, Battlecry: Take control of an enemy minion with 3 or less health.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
hen they would need to make a normal OP card for pally so they dont feel sad, like a 4/5 cost 5, Battlecry: Take control of an enemy minion with 3 or less health.

I support this change. It counters shredder.
crazy.gif

Dahbomb

LMAO Trollden moment on Kripp stream right now.

Deathlord dies, summons Aviana. Other guy summons double Belcher, Ancient of Lore, Innervate and Grove Tender!

Next turn he gets a discounted Emperor too.

Tarazet

Yeah but it pretty much killed the 7 slot.
I mean there's no decision on picking a 7 Mana card: Its Boom, its always Boom.

Ancient of Cards. Antonidas. Malorne. Velen. Hell, there are even good basic 7 drops.. Dick of Stormwind, Sprint, Flamestrike. Boom's good, but it's not like you can't win without him.

Ancient of Cards. Antonidas. Malorne. Velen. Hell, there are even good basic 7 drops.. Dick of Stormwind, Sprint, Flamestrike. Boom's good, but it's not like you can't win without him.

Base neutrals, the only card really used was Geddon, and that was only in Control Warrior, I'm not sure if he's still ran now either. When people first start out, they maybe use Stormwind Champion. Outside of Ancients and Antonidas, there really aren't many 7 Mana minions that are really widely used.

Neptulon is good but I don't think any good Shaman decks use him. Obsidian Destroyer seems good but I don't know if it'll actually be used. Guardian of Kings was used as well but it's fallen out of style. There's also Chillmaw but I think she lost her luster with the fall of Patron.

That leaves 15 seven cost minions out that are hardly ever used, if ever, out of the 26 available. There really isn't anything that's good. Might just be a bad spot overall since you're getting into the area where you're paying a lot of Mana for a minion and you really need something to happen to the board / game overall.

Also, I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I just find it somewhat interesting. If you look at five and six drops, there's way more variety in what people use in decks. Granted, that might just because there's way more minions to choose as well. (67 five cost minions, 52 six cost minions) There just really isn't anything that good.

Top Bottom