• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Oh man, it's going to be awesome if we get monthly / seasonal / holiday based things in Hearthstone now. Whole it's not really the same thing, I always enjoyed the holiday stuff in WoW so I'm happy to see it crop up in here.

Tacitus_

I played against a tempo mage in the brawl. Double flamewakers, double esportals and triple frostbolt. Even got a conjurer which discovered a fireball. Managed to win because he played like an idiot with the fireball (I had a war golem taunted up and he fireballed face instead of it)

Pooya

won a game with secret paladin..... in tavern brawl.
Emoticon_laugh.gif

MC is so good it turns the game around even in a randomly built deck with no board.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I played against a tempo mage in the brawl. Double flamewakers, double esportals and triple frostbolt. Even got a conjurer which discovered a fireball. Managed to win because he played like an idiot with the fireball (I had a war golem taunted up and he fireballed face instead of it)

That you won against that is pretty amazing. That sounds almost like an unbeatable series of draws.

Tacitus_

That you won against that is pretty amazing. That sounds almost like an unbeatable series of draws.

Oh he also had a snowchugger which enabled blastmage on turn 4, where all 4 shots went into my 4 toughness minion and I had no board at all.

Finished the game at 5 hp or so.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait, the interviewer bm'd you? What a complete ass. He knows his position and the position you're in, the last thing you'd want is to step on someone who's having it rough.

What an asshole.
You mean cuz i play Rogue and Shaman exclusively?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I love making my own decks. Trying to do AnyFin - Reno. Initially I thought, "but if I draw all my dupes," I've already won (AnyFin). But Reno theoretically gives me tons of stall. I'm just having a hard time keeping track of the duplicates in my deck. I subbed out a Grimscale for Avenge and a second Sludge Belcher for Stalag and Fuegen. They only work because of the double Uldamans. They're such good buff and nerf cards. If I can just get the opponent down to 20 or 13 I've got a win because I usually can't dig around for that second Warleader and Bluegill. I don't have Blackrock Mountain so I'm missing sooo much card draw and I hate it. I have to bank of Muster - Cult Master and it's just so unreliable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm glad they are trying to focus on making hearthstone its own thing instead of retro fitting WoW archetypes into it. It would also be a balance nightmare (more so then it already is) to try to directly convert WoW mechanics into ccg mechanics
I'm not saying they should directly copy abilities, but I wish they took some more of the themeing from WoW and fed on the distinction WoW creates between specs to offer more variety and identity to the classes. That's supposed to be a focus of Hearthstone too, where your class choice is supposed to have a major impact on the game being played.

I desperately need to save gold to finish buying BRM and LoE. What ends up happening is that when I hit about 400 gold I binge on a few packs late at night or something. *Must* *Resist* *Temptation*
P79sPZL.gif

Hanzou

I desperately need to save gold to finish buying BRM and LoE. What ends up happening is that when I hit about 400 gold I binge on a few packs late at night or something. *Must* *Resist* *Temptation*
P79sPZL.gif
Eh just bite the bullet and but at least one of the adventures with real money. $20 for loe is such a enter value then essentially forgoing the 140 cards you would get from packs.

Hupsel

I cant for the love of god keep board control with dragon priest. Its like everything kills my minions super fast. I might just be unlucky, even with two zombie chows (never see them until turn 8 or so), 2 clerics, 2 twilight dragons... do I really need to put shadow word: pain back in the deck?

Now dead to a Druid. Boom turn 8, Savage Roar + Trees turn 9. Fun!

cHinzo

I had a game against a mage where he played Goblin Blastmage on curve and he used a Target Dummy to trigger his skill. Wtf! XD

mjc

Question for you guys regarding Amazon App credit and Hearthstone:

I got $25 in appstore credit, is there a way to turn that into gold/cards/arena runs in Hearthstone? I'm not seeing a way.

Question for you guys regarding Amazon App credit and Hearthstone:

I got $25 in appstore credit, is there a way to turn that into gold/cards/arena runs in Hearthstone? I'm not seeing a way.

You need an Android device or Android emulator on your PC. If you download Hearthstone from the Amazon App Store, all of the buy options are linked to your Amazon account and you can pay with Amazon Coins. I've only ever purchased packs this way, but I assume you can buy Arena entry tickets as well.

Haunted

Can Mad Scientist be fixed with stat adjustments? Or is the deathrattle effect the problem?

I can't think of a 2 mana 1/1 being played right now (outside of novice engineer in some Reno decks).

Dahbomb

Can Mad Scientist be fixed with stat adjustments? Or is the deathrattle effect the problem?

I can't think of a 2 mana 1/1 being played right now (outside of novice engineer in some Reno decks).
JewEl Scarab sees play. Mad Scientist at 1/1 would still be superior to those two cards as it draws a specific card AND plays it for free even on your opponent's turn l.

Haunted

JewEl Scarab sees play. Mad Scientist at 1/1 would still be superior to those two cards as it draws a specific card AND plays it for free even on your opponent's turn l.
Oh right, dang those newfangled cards.

So I think it's worth a try putting Mad Scientist down to a 1/1.

Haunted

I mean, I don't want to nerf it so hard it won't see play at all. If it's objectively worse but still being played, I'd count that as a step in the right direction. :D

I mean, I don't want to nerf it so hard it won't see play at all. If it's objectively worse but still being played, I'd count that as a step in the right direction. :D

I do. Fuck secrets. I never liked that mechanic before they started printing moronic shit like Mad Scientist and Mysterious Challenger.

You know nerfing mad scientist would make the matchup of Mage/Hunter vs Paladin ... be more in favor of Paladin. Especially if a juggler can ping off the mad scientist and you save a trade.

Dahbomb

I just meant Dr.6. Midrange Paladin is very strong but not broken at the moment. Only other card worth taking another look is Divine Favor but that card seems to go in and out of favor, like right now it's less common with more aggro decks out there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As long as Mad Scientist draws and plays the secret his statline doesn't matter much, he's gonna be played in basically any mage/hunter deck. I'd rather he be a 1/2 than anything else though, otherwise a freeze mage could later in the game drop and ping him for a guaranteed iceblock or something. I prefer hitting the attack over anything else as it wouldn't let him trade into other two drops as cleanly. Like mad scientist running into a knife juggler is a disgustingly good trade.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The more I think about Mad Scientist the more I think his design is fundamentally flawed. His power is directly proportional to the class he is in. He is only "okay" in Paladin but he's broken in Mage. If his power was "Deathrattle: Draw a Secret from your deck." Or "Deathrattle: Add a random Secret to your hand" that would be much better. That would equalize his power across classes.

Sande

Are mage and hunter classes that should really be nerfed right now? Mad scientist is definitely a problem but when he feels like one of the few things keeping those classes relevant... I dunno about a nerf.

my proposed nerf for mad scientist still holds: make his deathrattle a joust

or nerf MC by making mad scientist play every secret in your deck

Blizzard, if you're listening, I can totally consult for your balance team

Dahbomb

Are mage and hunter classes that should really be nerfed right now? Mad scientist is definitely a problem but when he feels like one of the few things keeping those classes relevant... I dunno about a nerf.
Class strength keeps changing. But Mad Scientist will always be a fundamentally broken card

Thing is that these days you need a deck of 30 OP cards. It's why Paladin is on top right now, they just have a higher concentration of them in their deck. Doesn't make Mad Scientist any less stupid.

Sande

Class strength keeps changing. But Mad Scientist will always be a fundamentally broken card

Thing is that these days you need a deck of 30 OP cards. It's why Paladin is on top right now, they just have a higher concentration of them in their deck. Doesn't make Mad Scientist any less stupid.
Mad scientist should definitely be looked at eventually, but I hardly see the point of a nerf that further unbalances the game in its current state.

Dahbomb

New wing tomorrow.

Eerie Statue could be a Renolock inclusion.

Raven Idol is a pretty good card overall at least for Arena.

Curse of Rafaam might be a cool anti Freeze Mage tech.

Desert Camel not looking too hot right now as almost everyone has some 1 drop. Unless people want to go all in with Injured Kvaldir.

Museum Curator also has some potential.

Legendary sucks this time though. The previous 3 were great though. At least there will be some Starseeker decks online that I will happily crush into submission.

Top Bottom