• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Try to get help Yoshi before you do something you can't take back.
That already happened, unfortunately. I fucked up badly three years ago, but like I said, recovering and improving daily :)
What deck are you currently running? ever thought about streaming? I think you might speak for many in the community...
Mid-range paladin with a few tweaks, a reno warrior of some sort and the 'removal' priest from kripparrian! Having fun with all three but can't beat super perfect aggro hands :(
the most terrifying thing is yoshi revealing that this rage isn't just some dumb internet persona he's putting on
That would be one of the most expensive 'personas', considering I'm a student who can barely afford food at the moment...

you only get single packs with gold

You can double click the amount of packs and it'll allow you to buy multiple packs. Saves a lot of time.

However I'm pretty sure this promotion is only money based. It's sad that they don't so more sale / saving stuff and when it comes around it's pretty limited. I'd feel differently if Hearthstone wasn't doing as well as it was.

bjaelke

you only get single packs with gold

You can type in the number of packs you wish to purchase with gold.
UTCBXRt.jpg

The blog post does not specify if you have to purchase with money or gold to be eligible for this offer: eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19975324

Welp RNG not with me today. Dr.6 into 6 into 8 into 7.

Yep I conceded....I can take 2 or 3 but all 4 back to back to back to back? Fuck off! Queue up my X-mas tree deck.. fuck it.

so GAF,which weapon is worse.

Cursed_Blade%2827248%29_Gold.png

or

Poisoned_Blade%2822273%29_Gold.png

It's gotta be Cursed Blade. It will flat out lose you the game against any aggro deck. Poisoned Blade is an over costed piece of crap, but at least it won't kill you on the spot. It will probably still lose you the game since you wasted 4 mana and a card to equip a weak weapon that requires significant further investment to actually be useful, but it will be a longer, slower death.

KuroNeeko

It's gotta be Cursed Blade. It will flat out lose you the game against any aggro deck. Poisoned Blade is an over costed piece of crap, but at least it won't kill you on the spot. It will probably still lose you the game since you wasted 4 mana and a card to equip a weak weapon that requires significant further investment to actually be useful, but it will be a longer, slower death.

Plus, you could equip Poisoned Blade, then swap hero powers with Mrrrglton and pump your blade while you life tap / summon recruits / fireblast fools.

Dahbomb

Poison Blade is much worse. The Warrior weapon is decent in aggressive Warrior decks to gain advantage super early. If you are winning then you can control how much damage you can take. Or you can equip it turn 1 and start going face with it while also playing minions on curve. It's just that aggressive Warrior doesn't exist.

Poison Blade is unplayable trash. The Warrior axe at least isn't slow and isn't a massive tempo loss. In Arena I would pick Cursed Blade and not feel bad about it but I wouldn't pick Poisoned Blade unless the other options are even more unplayable.

Xanathus

Cursed Blade has potential if they introduce a Warrior card like Blade Flurry that destroys your weapon and does an effect that is based on the weapon damage/charges.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The problem I have with Cursed Blade is that it might as well be a dead card/draw if it's not played on turn one. It becomes extremely high risk after that. Even on turn one it's not that great, because it cuts you off from playing the much stronger Fiery War Axe. And what are the popular/powerful one drops in the game?

Leper Gnome.
Zombie Chow.
Living Roots (Which can just be turned into a four damage to face spell).
Finley.
Tunnel Trogg.

You either don't kill these things or you just take way too much damage from them. I actually think it's probably one of the worst cards in the game. Having three durability on a Warrior weapon is usually not desirable. Just makes a deck feel very slow and limits your options.

Wont kill Mana Wyrm or Northshire either. It's useless. Warriors have enough great weapons that they don't need to run a shitty one. Guess it nerfs Blingtron, lol

jgminto

I think the ideal weapon with that text would be 4/1. Then it would be cheap opening burst with a drawback, similar to Soulfire.

ViviOggi

Warrior weapon is way worse. 400 Dust Blade only makes you skip a turn while Concede Blade makes you take double damage for at least three turns, i.e. literally kill you on the spot. Even in arena, you equip this shit on turn one, Mage plays Mana Wyrm and frostbolts your face on turn 2. That's TEN FUCKING DAMAGE and you can't even swing. Alt+F4 the second you see a Chugga. The only way out is having a War Axe in hand to delete that shit asap. Or maybe your opponent misclicks and drops an Ooze.

FeD.nL

Healadin with Mrglmrglmrgl is pretty fun. Oh Blizzard never change, nerfing patron and than giving paladin "Anyfin" can happen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think the ideal weapon with that text would be 4/1. Then it would be cheap opening burst with a drawback, similar to Soulfire.
I thought about something like this, but is it different enough from Heroic Strike at that point?

I kind of wish Blizzard stepped back again on classes to add a bunch of spells to them. Hearthstone is actually pretty bad about really capturing the feel of the World of Warcraft classes it's trying to portray. If we use Warrior as an example they haven't really captured any of the game mechanics. You don't get the rage build and burst of Arms. There's not the timed mitigation of Protection. The concept of a Fury Warrior that beserks and goes all out doesn't exist.

And there's still so many spells that just never showed up to be represented. Demoralizing Shout to reduce enemy minion attack values? Instead that stuff all winds up on weird Paladin cards.

Really want to see Victory Rush health values off minion kills, Spell Reflection. Avatar. Bladestorm. Ravager. Die By The Sword. Intimidating Shout. Sweeping Strikes. Recklessness. The number of unexplored concepts that are core to the WoW classes is kind of lame. There's not really persistent or lasting effects you can apply to yourself, the enemy, or the board outside of secrets, which are still very class limited. Sort of just hate that the game hasn't pursued these ideas and instead focuses so heavily on upping temp play with each new expansion and adventure. Mages have freeze but you don't see stuns in the game. You don't see stuff like bleeds to maximize long term damage. Blizzard builds the game to operate around the here and now of the first few turns.

Zoggy

another friggin 0-2 start in arena, i was just considering retiring it and going to bed.

decided to play one more game and have won 5 straight.

and they're all fucking paladins!

i'm also a paladin

The_Poet

Banned
I thought about something like this, but is it different enough from Heroic Strike at that point?

I kind of wish Blizzard stepped back again on classes to add a bunch of spells to them. Hearthstone is actually pretty bad about really capturing the feel of the World of Warcraft classes it's trying to portray. If we use Warrior as an example they haven't really captured any of the game mechanics. You don't get the rage build and burst of Arms. There's not the timed mitigation of Protection. The concept of a Fury Warrior that beserks and goes all out doesn't exist.

And there's still so many spells that just never showed up to be represented. Demoralizing Shout to reduce enemy minion attack values? Instead that stuff all winds up on weird Paladin cards.

Really want to see Victory Rush health values off minion kills, Spell Reflection. Avatar. Bladestorm. Ravager. Die By The Sword. Intimidating Shout. Sweeping Strikes. Recklessness. The number of unexplored concepts that are core to the WoW classes is kind of lame. There's not really persistent or lasting effects you can apply to yourself, the enemy, or the board outside of secrets, which are still very class limited. Sort of just hate that the game hasn't pursued these ideas and instead focuses so heavily on upping temp play with each new expansion and adventure. Mages have freeze but you don't see stuns in the game. You don't see stuff like bleeds to maximize long term damage. Blizzard builds the game to operate around the here and now of the first few turns.

I'm glad they are trying to focus on making hearthstone its own thing instead of retro fitting WoW archetypes into it. It would also be a balance nightmare (more so then it already is) to try to directly convert WoW mechanics into ccg mechanics

World of warcraft is just a part of the warcraft franchise. They shouldn't be trying to mimic it. If you want wow go play wow. Hearthstone is attached to the warcraft franchise as well, not only wow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great day :)

Ladekabel

I feel disgusting. Opened my second legendary in not even a week and opened not even 5 packs or so. But today I opened Dreadscale. Usually I don't want to dust legendaries but I just opened a Dreadscale. I don't enjoy playing Hunter and I don't think I'll ever will. Thinking about dusting it. Yay or Nay?

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great day :)

A little bit stressful, but so far so good. Hope you have a great day, too, Yoshi!

Szadek

I feel disgusting. Opened my second legendary in not even a week and opened not even 5 packs or so. But today I opened Dreadscale. Usually I don't want to dust legendaries but I just opened a Dreadscale. I don't enjoy playing Hunter and I don't think I'll ever will. Thinking about dusting it. Yay or Nay?
Keep it. It's a good card and if you ever change your mind about hunters you will probably hate yourself for dusting it.

A little bit stressful, but so far so good. Hope you have a great dad, too, Yoshi!

Is there something you really want this second to finish off a meta/net deck? If so yea dust it, if not hang on to it.

I found myself in that same situation. I was playing Eboladin because i had no dust then hit a few legendaries and I was so sick of Eboladin so i dusted everything i had. Terrible value but it gave me enough dust for Boom and Tirion which allowed me to play Midrange Paladin. Then a few weeks later enough dust for Slyvanas and now i have a complete Midrange deck. Sucks that i lost a lot of neutral legends but honest truth was I was never gonna play ice howl, nozdormu, lorewalker, nat pagle, hogger, illiad, etc...

Is wrong to wait until the rope is about to expire before finishing your turn if the opponent starts taunting?

It just bugs me when people start mouthing off for no reason. Makes me want to wind 'em up a little bit.

4V49ESMZL6QE1449530604515.jpg

I suppose it's a start.

Get something FREE! (when you spend £35)

Yeah.... no.

Is wrong to wait until the rope is about to expire before finishing your turn if the opponent starts taunting?

It just bugs me when people start mouthing off for no reason. Makes me want to wind 'em up a little bit.

Get something FREE! (when you spend £35)

Yeah.... no.
think i'll bite..
i needed those some classic pack anyway, sooo :p

I don't mind my opponent roping me since I usually have a video I'm watching on the side or something. My opponent is just wasting his own time by roping.

I don't spam emotes, but I play a priest with a lots of thief cards so people occasionally get salty about my plays.

Just found a great way to do the Shaman daily with my crappy Shaman deck. Load up on charge minions, people think I'm running that new aggro deck and quit on turn 4 or 5!

Yeah, I think I'll be doing that from now on. Easier on the head.

I squelch at the start of every single round. I really just wish they'd add auto-squelch already. The amount of times I have had to squelch is in the thousands already.

I squelch at the start of every single round. I really just wish they'd add auto-squelch already. The amount of times I have had to squelch is in the thousands already.

I'm so used to immediately squelching opponents that during the adventure mode I instinctively click the AI bosses to squelch them before realizing that I can't.

bjaelke

"Encounter at the Crossroads" showing up as the new Tavern Brawl. Weird considering how many different pieces of TB art they added in the latest patch.

Iryx

Bought 50 packs, and got really nice results. Tirion, Ysera, Golden Deathwing, 5 useful epics and enough dust to craft Alex.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I do need a bunch of classic packs. This would probably be the best deal we are likely to see...

Nah, I can't justify more money into this game atm. At least I had the gold saved up for LoE. Isn't that last wing out this week?

Yoshichan

Got BM'd on a job interview but everything is ok.
Hope you have a great week bud :3
Wait, the interviewer bm'd you? What a complete ass. He knows his position and the position you're in, the last thing you'd want is to step on someone who's having it rough.

What an asshole.

Lupercal

Banned
This new Tavern brawl is so bad, played with every class twice and haven't gotten a win yet.

It seems all the bullshit draws are on my end tonight, gotten Alextrazed everytime I face druid but I haven't even drawn him yet.

Top Bottom