• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Both, actually.

I guess I never imagined silencing your own Aspirant would even really be worth it. Maybe I'm wrong though.
I have seen Druids Keepers their own Aspirant for maximum tempo. They do that if they have no other good play and they feel that they can finish the game quick (ie. they have combo in hand).

ricelord

12364173_941689032572329_1654216768_o.jpg

just 100 more wins and i'm golden.

Huh. Brann Bronzebeard makes Vol'Jin activate his battle cry twice, making him swap health and swap health again. Doing nothing.

Edit-Cabal Shadowpriest tries to take 2 of a minion and...uh....enemy had 5, put down cabal(making 6), took my ysera(minus 4 attack) and died even though it wasn't the limit?

Huh. Brann Bronzebeard makes Vol'Jin activate his battle cry twice, making him swap health and swap health again. Doing nothing.

Edit-Cabal Shadowpriest tries to take 2 of a minion and...uh....enemy had 5, put down cabal(making 6), took my ysera(minus 4 attack) and died even though it wasn't the limit?

Vol'jin's interaction is clear.

The reason cabal destroyed the minion is because the game tries to take the minion twice, and then it sees there is no space for the second steal and destroys the second stolen minion (even though it is the exact same minion as the first stolen). He probably won't make that mistake again.

Vol'jin's interaction is clear.

The reason cabal destroyed the minion is because the game tries to take the minion twice, and then it sees there is no space for the second steal and destroys the second stolen minion (even though it is the exact same minion as the first stolen). He probably won't make that mistake again.

Yeah, Brann actually ended up screwing him over with the interactions. It was pretty funny.

bjaelke

Both, actually.

I guess I never imagined silencing your own Aspirant would even really be worth it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

You can only really get away with that kind of play if you have a second silence in your hand for the inevitable Belcher, Doomsayer, Sylvanas, Tyrion etc. Since he was running Owl(s?) I suspect he had sufficient coverage with 2 Keepers.

You can only really get away with that kind of play if you have a second silence in your hand for the inevitable Belcher, Doomsayer, Sylvanas, Tyrion etc. Since he was running Owl(s?) I suspect he had sufficient coverage with 2 Keepers.

I think it was a Reno deck but I'm not sure since he never played it. He had already played one Keeper though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
they need to change mad scientist deathrattle to "put a random secret into the battlefield". It could be any secret from any class. Every class could use it!

EDIT: it would still be OP

I'd like to see another card with an effect like that. Or something like "Discover a secret from any class"

bjaelke

I'm going to throw 3200 dust at Elise Starseeker later today. That's a solid investment as far as I see it. All golden legendaries. Infinite value. At least until I get tired of the gimmick deck some time next week.

Haunted

As for a Mad Scientist effect nerf, maybe it should just put a secret in your hand instead of into play.

Also, while thinking about the funny card text "discover a secret", there should be a mechanic to identify/reveal an opponent's secret. It would probably need to be attached to a very poweful minion, though, as the effect is quite weak compared to the other two cards that synergise with played secrets in the game right now (destroy all secrets and steal 1 secret, respectively).

Kunohara

Playing mech mage. Decided to swap the yeti's with the gorilla's. Played one gorilla, choose sneeds. Sneeds is killed and out comes Bran. I top deck the good dr. 4 Boom bots. I then topdeck blastmage for 8 damage to the face (he was topdecking and had no minions on board).

I'd say the gorilla's are really nice in mech mage.

I'm going to throw 3200 dust at Elise Starseeker later today. That's a solid investment as far as I see it. All golden legendaries. Infinite value. At least until I get tired of the gimmick deck some time next week.

Trust me, it's totally worth it. This is coming from the guy who made Golden Stalagg and Fuegenn.

Sande

I think that's about 5 games in a row where I go second and my opponent drops Dr. Boom on curve. You need to be so far ahead to have a chance at that point.

Pooya

Sir Finley patron warrior is preeetty good. You get mage hero power, ping execute. ping battle rage. ping patron. you get life tap, it's still pretty good. warrior hero power is really bad for a midrange deck, every other hero power is better, something that allows board interaction preferably than just armor and pass. It's good only against freezemage or hunter/shaman,

jgminto

Just had a 12 win arena run as Mage, those Ethereal Conjurers did some major work. Multiple games they gave me Fireballs for lethal or stuff like Cone of Cold to secure the board for the victory. The 6/3 body also ain't bad when your opponent might not have a clean answer, which is more likely in Arena. Definitely picking that card whenever I can as Mage in the future.

ViviOggi

I've been working through my dailies and am like 13-2 in this brawl, what the hell

Is the average constructed player just this awful at arena piloting or what

Haunted

Guide to surviving the golden monkeypocalypse:

14438.gif
That's one, now deal with the other 6.

I think the game's gotten enough mid-cost, decent-but-not-great legendaries in the game to make the whole Map/Monkey thing viable, but not overbearing.

Along with Reno, they're probably some of the most exciting and radical card effects introduced in the game and I'm looking forward to building a deck with them.

I've been working through my dailies and am like 13-2 in this brawl, what the hell

Is the average constructed player just this awful at arena piloting or what
I've been having a ton of success as well, so I just assume most constructed players have no interest in the game mode, while more casual players and beginners are flocking to it because it allows them to play with all those interesting and powerful cards they don't have, for free.

Szadek

Sir Finley patron warrior is preeetty good. You get mage hero power, ping execute. ping battle rage. ping patron. you get life tap, it's still pretty good. warrior hero power is really bad for a midrange deck, every other hero power is better, something that allows board interaction preferably than just armor and pass. It's good only against freezemage or hunter/shaman,
Hunter is pretty useless and with all the aoe effects the paladin hero power isn't that great either.
Healing is good,though, because you can heal you 3/1 patrons.

Strider

I think of this weeks cards I'm most excited for Raven Idol followed by Museum Curator. I'm a big fan of the discover mechanic.

Sucks Museum only has 1 attack though :/

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought you were talking about that Dragon Egg Token Druid. This is just Aggro/Face Druid.

I always thought that cancer decks meant decks with lots of shitty deathrattle and/or tokens that are hard to clear. Just like cancer they manage to always comeback.

Yeah, I keep running into the Dragon Egg Token Druid.

I don't mind since it's an incredibly easy match-up for Midrange Paladin, but I am curious as to where it's coming from.

ViviOggi

That's one, now deal with the other 6.

I think the game's gotten enough mid-cost, decent-but-not-great legendaries in the game to make the whole Map/Monkey thing viable, but not overbearing.

Along with Reno, they're probably some of the most exciting and radical card effects introduced in the game and I'm looking forward to building a deck with them.

I've been having a ton of success as well, so I just assume most constructed players have no interest in the game mode, while more casual players and beginners are flocking to it because it allows them to play with all those interesting and powerful cards they don't have, for free.
Makes sense, since it's a repeat even more than usual of the "hardcore" players won't bother once they got their pack as well.

Yeah I saw a few of those token Druids yesterday as well. Not too hard to deal with usually, though I did see some impressive combos with innervate that got me once or twice.

Warxard

Banned
rank 13 with the classic Oil Rogue. Slowly but surely.

Telling people 'happy feast of wintervell' before killing is some next level ether

Top Bottom