• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

aggro shaman is actually pretty fun, it feels more synergistic than face hunter even though they play almost exactly the same
They don't at all. Face hunter has no cannons like trogg. You need to trade to make good trog plays often. a third or more of your damage comes from two 1/3 minions.

I am having way too much trouble with the Steel Sentinel.

Edit:

As soon as I say that I start a new match against it and within 4 moves he has two tank minions and two Armorsmiths. Fuck this.

gutshot

Yeah, I keep running into the Dragon Egg Token Druid.

I don't mind since it's an incredibly easy match-up for Midrange Paladin, but I am curious as to where it's coming from.

A steamer hit no. 2 legend with it on EU and then posted it on HearthPwn, where it was the top deck for a week or so.

Owzers

I am having way too much trouble with the Steel Sentinel.

Edit:

As soon as I say that I start a new match against it and within 4 moves he has two tank minions and two Armorsmiths. Fuck this.

I got him with a mech Mage and flooded the board when he couldn't remove warper. Also goblin blastmage 4 damage count as individual hits.

This was on normal.

Kenaras

A steamer hit no. 2 legend with it on EU and then posted it on HearthPwn, where it was the top deck for a week or so.

People love inexpensive decks that significantly differ from the standard meta decks. Anytime someone makes high legend with one and posts the decklist, copies start flooding the ladder.

Tagyhag

This wing was probably the most fun out of all campaigns.

The third fight also shows that Blizzard could make a bot where you choose its deck and hero so you can practise against meta decks.

f0lken

This wing was probably the most fun out of all campaigns.

The third fight also shows that Blizzard could make a bot where you choose its deck and hero so you can practise against meta decks.

Except it copied my fatigue rogue and then used the shadowsteps on my zombies the same turn it summoned them lol

squidyj

token zoo against sentinel worked out fine.

Twice I had to just conced against Hex because his free cards were the epitome of ESPORTS

getting Kel'Thuzad turn 1 into Ancestral Spirit turn 2. great.

G.ZZZ

Play arena vs warlock, he drop boom turn 7.

I say "ok i can go face i got fireball he can't kill me next turn unless he has a doomguard.

Turn after, armored warhorse-> reveal ANOTHER Dr. BOOM in his deck LOL.

Hupsel

So, Tomb Pillager is useless in rogue decks since Shredder will probably be the better option?

Also, Eerie Statue will be another pain in the ass to face against Warlocks, right? -_-

Shadowflame and Argus will make the card so arghgwsrgr

I'm pretty sure it's ARCH since in Warcraft there are a lot of ARCH people already. For example, Archmage Antonidas.

Granted I haven't played yet, so I don't know if the Inn Keeper says something specific for his fight.

jgminto

I wonder if you could run Wobbling Runts in Raptor Rogue. The Deathrattle would be great for it but the initial body might be too weak to play. I do love the art of the individual Runts though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wonder if you could run Wobbling Runts in Raptor Rogue. The Deathrattle would be great for it but the initial body might be too weak to play. I do love the art of the individual Runts though.

No. The health too high and attack too low on the main body. Way too slow. People will just ignore the body and worry about the rest of your board or your face instead. Just play Sky Golem or Sylvanas in that slot.

jgminto

No. The health too high and attack too low on the main body. Way too slow. People will just ignore the body and worry about the rest of your board or your face instead. Just play Sky Golem or Sylvanas in that slot.
Yeah it's a shame it isn't a 6/2, the idea of popping a Raptor and having 3 grunts spawn is pretty satisfying though.

Dahbomb

Heroic beaten, not too hard. The hardest for me was the one where Rafaam steals your deck. That Unstable hero power is so broken, even with a garbage deck it carries. Just hard mulligan for that weapon and fill his deck with garbage rares and weapons then hope his Portals are garbage.

Beat Skellosaur with Mill Rogue, Armor with Dreadstead Warlock, first Rafaam with garbage Rogue deck featuring Shadowsteps and Doomsayers with the final boss beaten with Mill Rogue rather easily (get double BGH and Sabotage).

That Heroic cardback is nice. Will keep it for a long time.

Yeah Rafaam's hero power kind of makes it difficult. Thought about giving him a Freeze Mage deck and playing CW but the hero power made me reconsider. Ended up giving him a Warlock deck full of self-damaging cards like Succubus, Felguard, Pit Lords and tons of shit cards like Corruption and Sac Pact which he loved to use on the Felguard he just played

Edit: Should mention I thought that the original fight let you give him a deck and then pick another of yours. That would obviously make it way easier

Dahbomb

Yeah Rafaam's hero power kind of makes it difficult. Thought about giving him a Freeze Mage deck and playing CW but the hero power made me reconsider. Ended up giving him a Warlock deck full of self-damaging cards like Succubus, Felguard, Pit Lords and tons of shit cards like Corruption and Sac Pact which he loved to use on the Felguard he just played
I did that first but it back fired when he played into Succubus into Demon fuse (which I thought was ass) and I got steam rolled. This wouldn't be a problem if I was playing an actual deck and not the garbage deck that Blizzard had us using with Wisps and Footmans.

I think Warlock could work too if you don't give him any demons problem is that all your weapon removals are duds in the deck. The mission was made with the Warrior garbage weapons in mind.

Hupsel

Rafaam used Entomb on my friends Jaraxxus. Then, on his turn, he uses coin, pops Jaraxxus. Loses his immunity and stays with only 15 health (he had like 28 previously LOL)

I'm pretty sure it's ARCH since in Warcraft there are a lot of ARCH people already. For example, Archmage Antonidas.

Granted I haven't played yet, so I don't know if the Inn Keeper says something specific for his fight.

It depends on your dialect. In some places 'Arch' is appropriate, in other places 'ark' is appropriate.

For example, 'Archangels' are pronounced 'Arkangels'.

I didn't realize Rafaam was discover, I thought you randomly got one of the cards like Ysera. Rafaam seems WAY better now.

Also he will comment if your deck is all golden cards

Hupsel

Which three neutral cards would you guys nerf, in order? Top 3.

I'd go:

1) Piloted Shredder: Turn it into a 4/2.
2) Knife Juggler: Turn it into a 2/2
3) Boom: When Boom dies a bomb explodes on your hero doing 4 damage.

Fuck... no slot for mad scientist. I'd make him a 1/1.

I'd go:

1. Boom - Boom Bots are 1-2
2. Knife Juggler 2/2, 3 attack is ridiculous
3. Mad Scientist - Put a secret from your deck into your hand.

Dahbomb

I'd go:

Dr Balanced, Mad Scientist and Shredder. Easily.

Dr Balanced I would nerf Boom Bot damage from max 4 to Max 3.
Shredder I would make 4/2 in line with Sky Golem.
Mad Scientist I would have it draw a Secret.

Knife Juggler would be up there as well. Change to a 2/2.

From class cards: Mysterious Challenger, Force of Nature and Implosion (more a rework than a nerf TBH)

ZealousD

1. Mad Scientist. I don't know the exact nerf I would do yet. Something like add a random secret to your hand or draw a secret or something like that.
2. Dr. Boom. Make him a 7/5 at least. Possible set the Boom Bots to do exactly 2 damage.
3. Piloted Shredder. Make him a 4/2.

Dahbomb

Emperor Thaurissan is on the cusp as well IMO. Not a big problem right now but can eventually become one. Real issue is that Blizzard just tends to nerf combo decks and that's where Emperor shines the most.

Outside of this I don't have a problem with many other cards. I hate Unstable Portal but it would be a lot worse if it reduced cost by 2 mana for example.

ZealousD

Emperor Thaurissan is on the cusp as well IMO. Not a big problem right now but can eventually become one. Real issue is that Blizzard just tends to nerf combo decks and that's where Emperor shines the most.

Outside of this I don't have a problem with many other cards. I hate Unstable Portal but it would be a lot worse if it reduced cost by 2 mana for example.

Outside of making his effect a battlecry I don't think he really needs a change. It wouldn't really effect how often he's played but it would cut the chance that he outright wins you the game.

Fuck this shitty brawl. Probably ran into three druids just today who was able to pull out a FON/SR combo. And all the other motherfuckers who have perfect curves in an all random deck mode.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Would 4/2 do that much to shredder? I think 3/3 would be a better change, the high attack tends to be the most annoying part of it. He single handedly is stifling the usage of 5/4s, and even as 3 drops become more commonly a 3/4 they still get eaten by him.

But boom, shredder, and scientist would be my three either way.

ZealousD

Would 4/2 do that much to shredder? I think 3/3 would be a better change, the high attack tends to be the most annoying part of it. He single handedly is stifling the usage of 5/4s, and even as 3 drops become more commonly a 3/4 they still get eaten by him.

Shredder is not singlehandedly stifling 5/4s. Deaths Bite, Truesilver Champion, 2 mana removal plus pings, lots of stuff can deal 4 damage around those turns. It also makes the main body easier to kill, so earlier minions can trade up, like Minibot, leper gnome, zombie chow, etc. AOE clears it better.

You're basically looking at the difference between Sky Golem and Highmane. Highmane is way better because it has that extra piece of health.

Back to rank 4 from the cusp of rank 3. This is one of the few games that makes me curse out loud though.

One of my losses today was from a double power-overwhelming/arcane golem/faceless combo for exact lethal on turn 7 from 30, which only worked cause he got Illidan for 7 attack off bane of doom. Thaurissaned that combo in case you were wondering.

Otherwise he was dead.

Top Bottom