• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

turns out secret paladin curve beats absolutely everything in the game in the most one sided match possible. lol at this tournament.

Cat Party

turns out secret paladin curve beats absolutely everything in the game in the most one sided match possible. lol at this tournament.

This is why Paladin is so dumb. It is the most brain dead class in the game. You never really have to make a decision. You just play the awesome Paladin cards in order. Even face decks require you to make choices on what to play.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i played entomb priest for the first time today and it turns out entomb priest is pretty good vs secret paladin, entomb is so disgusting vs slower decks like CW, definitely one of the strongest cards out of LOE.

zer0das

Banned
I just drew the worst arena hand. Only taunt I had was a shieldmasta, almost no class cards except 2 minion executes and a bear trap, no legendaries, no cards with any interesting abilities. My worst arena draw in the base game was better than this. My best cards were literally captured jormungar and core hound. Ouch. I don't think I could have drawn any better either...

Ok I'm tired of running mech mage. It was a fun deck to use when I first started playing like 4 months ago or so. But I can never seem to get past rank 11, so what are the better/best mage decks?

Ladekabel

Museum Curator has the best attack sound in the game. Love the cards they gave Priest with LoE though I haven't tried Excavated Evil yet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh shit. I got corruption from peddler, used it on Dr. 6 and at the end of his turn it triggered redemption and avenge on his board. Didn't realize that happened.

I'm an idiot. I'm playing mill rogue, and we're down to the straits. He's in kill range(I'm 1 short of damage if I attack with my available minions), and if he gets his turn I die. He has no cards. I'm about to throw it(I attack his harrison jones with backstab+my oracle). I only have mukla left. I'm trying to see the damage he can do if I kill his other guys, but then I think "I'm dead either way."

Then I remember he has no cards, so I attack with mukla and he dies at the draw. Boy I almost threw it for myself.

Anybody playing more of the brawl? Is it just me or are the druids now having some bullshit answer to everything you do? I just played no less than half a dozen druids the last hour and no joke, every single one have multiple mulch/reshuffle/naturalize ready for all of my big guys past turn 5.

And when I play druid I am given a hand full of bullshit like dragonling mechanic and no spell to counter whatever the other guy throw down.

Hopefully next week's brawl is better cause this brawl is one of the worst, just RNGesus every turn.

Pooya

Mage is easily the worst matchup for aggro Druid. Win very, very few of those. It's always tempo mage by the way - Freeze isn't great right now.

patron is way worse for any kind of druid, whirlwinds kill all of your stuff, don't have a good answer to frothings, gotta trade or die, fel reaver isn't very good here, turn 5 patrons? concede. mage games actually last for a while. main reason I play patron is to farm druids. they concede quite quickly too if they are decent players and know what's up.

Man I swear Blizz is picking on me with these quests, can I get a couple friend adds to finish the watch and learn quest?

HandsofBlood#1388

ZeroX03

Banned
Opponent is on 1 health. I've got multiple ways to deal damage to them, and they're Hunter. They drop Grand Crusader and get Holy Light. The RNG is real, even Truesilver wouldn't have saved them.

bjaelke

The idea of Zalae (and Firebat) playing deckdoctor is really good if the 'patients' didn't submit standard meta decks with 1-2 changes. Wasted potential.

Xanathus

I feel like 60% of my games is decided on "did I get zombie chow in my mulligan?"

Nearly every game at high rank is decided purely on what cards you draw and what decks you're matching up against. No one really makes "mistakes" even if it could be considered one if you knew what was in both hands. This game is effectively 100% RNG based.

I don't like museum curator much. It gives you good cards, but it is an answer to a question that Priest doesn't really have. I think you'd be better off just running a good deathrattle card in all cases.

I don't like museum curator much. It gives you good cards, but it is an answer to a question that Priest doesn't really have. I think you'd be better off just running a good deathrattle card in all cases.

the 1 attack doesnt help with board control and I always get crap from it that dont seem to viable against who I'm playing. The one time it worked well was when I got that 4/4 taunt against a face hunter when I was close to death and it saved me

Haunted

I will say that playing control warrior against Reno decks is probably the most fun I'm having in the game at the moment.

I dislike playing against aggro deck players because so many of them give up easily and immediately concede when I stabilise around turn 6-8. But Reno decks (particularly the healing Lock with Reno and Brann + Healbot) still keep going and going even when they're behind which finally allows me to play full games of Hearthstone instead of seeing the same 5 minions played on curve and either lose or see the enemies concede before I can play my fun cards.

Turns out it's actually fun when players actually use most of their deck and allow a match enough time to develop its own arc.

bjaelke

My Curator has been kind to me. Just gave me a Feugen against a deathrattle Shaman with Stalagg in play.

Mixed2k

I am the Devil

nLAiF2R.jpg

For reals I feel bad, was playing secret paladin after rank 1.

This is the 2nd time I reach legend and it's just not worth it, I need to put too much time in the game to do it just to get reset next month. I wish there was a better ranking system, or at least that seasons lasted for 3 months.

Also, aggro shaman rulez, I'm sorry if I stomped any of you on my path to glory.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
This is the 2nd time I reach legend and it's just not worth it,

I just want to reach it once for the card back. But I'm a baddie :(

Doesn't help that I prefer to go all in on one deck from 25 onwards, and I always run into those rough patches of ranks where certain decks just counter mine.

Haunted

The Mage class challenge might have been the first time where I said "oh yeah, this is a much better deck against this" in the history of Hearthstone adventures.

Tarazet

patron is way worse for any kind of druid, whirlwinds kill all of your stuff, don't have a good answer to frothings, gotta trade or die, fel reaver isn't very good here, turn 5 patrons? concede. mage games actually last for a while. main reason I play patron is to farm druids. they concede quite quickly too if they are decent players and know what's up.

Absolutely, Patron Warrior is kryptonite for any kind of Druid. Mulligan hard for your Acolytes.

AzureSky

secret paladin is really not as overwhelming as everyone says it is. It can certainly be nasty with a perfect curve, but they will usually not have it. You could always play something like the new zoo to counter it, get the board early and they will fizzle out trying to get it back.

Btw, zoo with Giants, Brann and Hobgoblin (1x enough to spice it up) is fun to play. Its fast, has interesting combos and can produce ridiculous boards.

Tacitus_

HOLY FUCK THE AMOUNT OF ESPORTS IN RDU VS LIFECOACH

knife juggler -> dark peddler -> discover soul fire, where juggle has to go face, 1/3 chance

Top Bottom