• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

I was expecting the card to be not that good, still surprising nobody even bothered to play that camel hunter card. like I haven't seen it being played even once, no big streamer even tried it to my knowledge. completely overlooked so far.
I played against it today and it crushed me. But I was using a joke deck so I was going to lose anyway.

And yeah it pulled out an Injured Kvaldir.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I was trying to build the largest Rare Spear I could imagine.

This happened on the VERY LAST TURN. Just before fatigue was going to kill him. I couldn't even finish him off with it. D=

XMc6NKI.jpg

Dahbomb

Man if Aggro Shaman gets Hunter hero power or Warlock hero power from Sir Finley it's usually GG.

This card is ridiculous. I played a Control Hunter and this card did work. Aside from promoting some control archetype (elegiggle)... this card is just insane for pushing the aggro archetype in classes which can't normally do it like Warrior and Priest.

Edit: You know what... I AM actually going to make an Aggro Warrior deck with Cursed Blade and Sir Finley. Yeah boy!

Man if Aggro Shaman gets Hunter hero power or Warlock hero power from Sir Finley it's usually GG.

This card is ridiculous. I played a Control Hunter and this card did work. Aside from promoting some control archetype (elegiggle)... this card is just insane for pushing the aggro archetype in classes which can't normally do it like Warrior and Priest.

Yep. Either they smorc you to death or they draw all the burn they need.

I hate aggro shaman so god damn much if I literally don't get perfect curve I lose, and if I do I might still lose if he gets doomhammer +rockbiter /burn at the right time.

Taunts? They silence that.
Minions? They ignore that.
Face? They burn that.
Your rank stars? They take that!

Dahbomb

Won first game using Aggro Warrior.

This is the game we play folks.

3 games in a row, won against a Control Warrior who used Shield Block before and won on turn 6:

idGy3XH.jpg

89ASEyJ.jpg

Dahbomb

I just won a game because of tempo Cursed Blade + Leper Gnome coin on turn 1.

Won by turn 6 against Secret Paladin.

Guys Aggro Warrior is actually a thing now.

Dahbomb

1x Curse Blade
1x Finley
2x Southsea Deckhand
2x Leper Gnome
2x Owl
2x War Axe
2x Bloodsail Raider
2x Bash
2x Argent Horserider
2x Arcane Golem
2x Fierce Monkey
2x Death's Bite
1x Mortal Strike
2x Shredder
2x Korkron Elite
2x Arcanite Reaper
1x Captain Greenskin

I made this on my own on the fly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Druid plays Starseaker turn 4, gets map next draw. Kills my Deathload turn 6, pulls out the Golden Monkey. I Entomb it.

"Thank you"

1x Curse Blade
1x Finley
2x Southsea Deckhand
2x Leper Gnome
2x Owl
2x War Axe
2x Bloodsail Raider
2x Bash
2x Argent Horserider
2x Arcane Golem
2x Fierce Monkey
2x Death's Bite
1x Mortal Strike
2x Shredder
2x Korkron Elite
2x Arcanite Reaper
1x Captain Greenskin

justsaiyan was playing this last night. He had some heroic strikes in there and was testing out upgrade at the end. Had 1 cursed blade

Tarazet

1x Curse Blade
1x Finley
2x Southsea Deckhand
2x Leper Gnome
2x Owl
2x War Axe
2x Bloodsail Raider
2x Bash
2x Argent Horserider
2x Arcane Golem
2x Fierce Monkey
2x Death's Bite
1x Mortal Strike
2x Shredder
2x Korkron Elite
2x Arcanite Reaper
1x Captain Greenskin

I agree with the premise, and I've tried similar decks in the past. I always had problems when I had 6 weapons in the deck, because I kept ending up with dead hands. Also, Greenskin isn't bad, exactly, but his body is pretty fragile and he doesn't contribute to a faster deck. Putting a DoA in his place might be better.

Dahbomb

justsaiyan was playing this last night. He had some heroic strikes in there and was testing out upgrade at the end. Had 1 cursed blade
I can't believe someone else was using this deck lol.

Putting a DoA in his place might be better.
There usually aren't enough minions on the board for DoA to do anything. Greenskin spot is flexible to be honest. Might put a second Heroic Strike in there.

I am actually pretty impressed with Cursed Blade in this. Turn 1 you can use it to go face then on turn 2 you can play Bloodsail Raider for a tempo 4/3 on turn 2 and do 2 more damage. Then on turn 3 you can play Fierce Monkey to protect the Raider.

Though Cursed Blade is like Fel Reaver, you have to know how to use it. You probably shouldn't use it against Mages because they will just Frost Bolt your face extending your double damage. I think Cursed Blade might actually be broken if it was 2 durability.

Tarazet

There usually aren't enough minions on the board for DoA to do anything. Greenskin spot is flexible to be honest. Might put a second Heroic Strike in there.

To me, teching in DoA would go hand in hand with taking out the Death's Bites, and replacing them with another Shredder, maybe a Mounted Raptor too. I would forsee playing Arcanite Reaper on turn 5 almost every time. The issue I always had with the heavy weapon decks is you couldn't rely on any kind of board presence. It was always sketchy as hell.

Dahbomb

To me, teching in DoA would go hand in hand with taking out the Death's Bites, and replacing them with another Shredder, maybe a Mounted Raptor too. I would forsee playing Arcanite Reaper on turn 5 almost every time. The issue I always had with the heavy weapon decks is you couldn't rely on any kind of board presence. It was always sketchy as hell.
Mounted Raptor isn't neutral man!

And I already have 2 Shredders in there.

Tarazet

Mounted Raptor isn't neutral man!

And I already have 2 Shredders in there.

Well, you could always turn back the clock and use Harvest Golem. For a card that used to be omnipresent and indispensable in all sorts of decks, I never see that damn thing anymore, not even in Mech decks! If you don't find that all the weapons are a problem, then it's not a problem, but that always seemed to be the reason I lost.. I kept having more weapons in my hand than I could use, and not enough minions.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was trying to build the largest Rare Spear I could imagine.

This happened on the VERY LAST TURN. Just before fatigue was going to kill him. I couldn't even finish him off with it. D=

Lol, I tried to do something similar and he ended up using convert on harrison and massively overkilled himself. Alarm-o-bot is a beast at getting a ton of spear triggers.

Another dumb thing I was trying was Elise against my friend in a few matches.

NHw6eh3.png

The last card I drew from the initial use of the monkey was another Elise which blocked fatigue and let me drop another monkey. That monkey got me a THIRD Elise. Card is hilarious to use.

Dahbomb

Well, you could always turn back the clock and use Harvest Golem. For a card that used to be omnipresent and indispensable in all sorts of decks, I never see that damn thing anymore, not even in Mech decks! If you don't find that all the weapons are a problem, then it's not a problem, but that always seemed to be the reason I lost.. I kept having more weapons in my hand than I could use, and not enough minions.
Harvest Golem isn't aggressive enough. You want it to be 3/2 instead of a 2/3 like Raptor.

At a 2/3 statline you are given motive to trade... but fuck that who has time for that these days?

The weapon thing is certainly issue but there aren't many suitable replacements. I could add a Wolfrider or a Leeroy if I had it.

KuroNeeko

I don't know if it's because of a shift in the meta, me improving, or Entomb / Museum Curator, but Control Priest finally feels ... competitive? Like something has just clicked.

It's not always like this, but I don't go into *every* match thinking I'm swimming upstream anymore.

Dragon Priests have probably felt this way for awhile, but I just never really got into it. Feels good!

Just hit level 45-ish and sitting at 110+ wins -- more than double my second highest class (rogue.)

Druid plays Starseaker turn 4, gets map next draw. Kills my Deathload turn 6, pulls out the Golden Monkey. I Entomb it.

"Thank you"

lol

I was waiting for this.
Can't wait to watch Thoughtsteal pull a Golden Monkey on Trolden.

Dahbomb

It's sad that in this game having a hand/deck full of Legendary isn't even all that great.

Before Starseeker was made we were theory crafting some alternate win condition cards in Hearthstone (basically complete the puzzle type cards and you get a massive advantage). Blizzard's real failure here is thinking that having a hand full of Legendary is some sort of win condition.

KuroNeeko

It's sad that in this game having a hand/deck full of Legendary isn't even all that great.

Before Starseeker was made we were theory crafting some alternate win condition cards in Hearthstone (basically complete the puzzle type cards and you get a massive advantage). Blizzard's real failure here is thinking that having a hand full of Legendary is some sort of win condition.

Hey, I'll admit that I thought this.

When I got the Golden Monkey out with Rogue, it felt really good and I smashed my opponent.

Getting it out in Priest just felt really awkward. I wanted to trade for my old cards back. lol

Museum Curator is helping me cope in my time of mourning though.

Dragner

Control Priest is a thing yeah. Entomb + Elise is great, using dog list at the moment (no auchenai circle, pyro or heal spells). And doing great with it. So far only suffering against reno lock. Matchup is impossible.

Even control warrior is now a great matchup (100% winrate vs control warrior atm).

KuroNeeko

Control Priest is a thing yeah. Entomb + Elise is great, using dog list at the moment (no auchenai circle, pyro or heal spells). And doing great with it. So far only suffering against reno lock. Matchup is impossible.

Even control warrior is now a great matchup (100% winrate vs control warrior atm).

I saw Dog's list, and personally, I think it's a more ... stable / consistent version of Control Priest, but it sacrifices those huge swing-turn plays you can get with CoH.

I played a game or two with it, but went back to something resembling Zetalot's list. Maybe I've just grown used to it, but no Blademasters, no ASP / CoH clear, no Pyromancer / NC / CoH shennanegans -- just felt really midrange-y to me. Almost Dragon Priest-like.

How is Elise working out for you?

I don't know if it's because of a shift in the meta, me improving, or Entomb / Museum Curator, but Control Priest finally feels ... competitive? Like something has just clicked.

I credit this to Entomb, silence + destroy + shuffle into deck in one card is very powerful. Combo and "infinite value" decks still crush me, but aggro/control match-ups make up for it on ladder, imo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I personally don't think Blizzard designed it as a win condition. Starseeker to me feels more like a "fun" card.

I think Arch-Thief Rafaam may end up being a solid card. He is a tad slow, but the artifacts he gives are amazing for closing out a game.

Pooya

I like Elise in patron, instead of losing to control you have a shot to turn your useless hand of armorsmiths or slams and other garbage to something game winning maybe, it's better than just giving up after your second patron is cleared.

I think all 5 legs in LoE are good to amazing, nothing awful or unplayable here. I actually really like `Rafaam. Maybe because they're all extremely fun cards but I don't believe it's just that, they're also strong and unique cards, not absurd like Emperor was. It's the best adventure for that. 3 out of 5 are just amazing, the other 2 are debatable I guess but they're definitely not trash cards.

VoxPop

Lol, I tried to do something similar and he ended up using convert on harrison and massively overkilled himself. Alarm-o-bot is a beast at getting a ton of spear triggers.

Another dumb thing I was trying was Elise against my friend in a few matches.

NHw6eh3.png

The last card I drew from the initial use of the monkey was another Elise which blocked fatigue and let me drop another monkey. That monkey got me a THIRD Elise. Card is hilarious to use.

I run Elise in my rogue mill deck and its hilarious. You can Oracle it out super quick and bring out that monkey even faster with Bronzebeard + Shadow Step + Oracles. Then you hit a Prep + Vanish into a stream of legendary minions. It's way too fun but they usually concede once the Monkey Statue is on the board.

Dragner

How is Elise working out for you?

Elise is doing great, usually near to fatigue your hand is full of zombie chows and shrinkmasters that do almost nothing vs control and turning them into threats is great.

One game I was being nut draw by secret paladin and did monkey into Eadric the pure to stop lethal, into tyrion + cho into double leeroy for lethal xD.

KuroNeeko

You guys talking about Rafaam -- really?
It's like 9 to get him out and 10 to cast the Artifact! That's crazy!
Can I use him to replace Ysera (since I don't have her)?

You guys talking about Rafaam -- really?
It's like 9 to get him out and 10 to cast the Artifact! That's crazy!
Can I use him to replace Ysera (since I don't have her)?

Depends on the deck but in most cases I would say yes. Rafaam has greater initial value but is a bit easier to remove.

The_Poet

Banned
Playing a mid range Finley hunter at the moment, really well against aggro and is still fast enough to beat control. I get out mid-ranged against other mid range decks though.

I feel Loatheb is probably something I could change, there's like no combo decks any more.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Alarm-o-bot is a beast at getting a ton of spear triggers.

I was also using Coliseum Manager. Only thing that sucks is that sometimes he would suicide them before using his Unstable Portal.

Playing a mid range Finley hunter at the moment, really well against aggro and is still fast enough to beat control. I get out mid-ranged against other mid range decks though.

I feel Loatheb is probably something I could change, there's like no combo decks any more.

Loatheb is pretty good in general, not just for combo decks. If it's a close game and your opponent can't kill you from the board you can use Loatheb to secure lethal.

Haunted

if the spare deck the League of Explorers have lying around was made for a tournament from last year how come it has all the new cards in it

I get elise everytime on curve, get golden monkey after main threats every game, have a million useless cards left, get no good finishers.
Patron elise 0/10.

bjaelke

Elise is doing great, usually near to fatigue your hand is full of zombie chows and shrinkmasters that do almost nothing vs control and turning them into threats is great.

One game I was being nut draw by secret paladin and did monkey into Eadric the pure to stop lethal, into tyrion + cho into double leeroy for lethal xD.

Yeah this is definitely a better Priest deck for her. I wanted to make a mech Priest where I could turn spare parts into legendaries. Turned out to be a poor man's Jesus deck.

gutshot

I was expecting the card to be not that good, still surprising nobody even bothered to play that camel hunter card. like I haven't seen it being played even once, no big streamer even tried it to my knowledge. completely overlooked so far.

That card feels like it was printed to fit into the meta from a year ago, back before nearly every single class was running 1-drops. Now with Tunnel Troggs, Mana Wyrms, Secretkeepers, Leper Gnomes, Dragon Eggs, and Zombie Chows all being prominent in the meta, the card makes no sense.

Top Bottom