• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Magnus

I love everything about League of Explorers, after initially being underwhelmed by its reveal.

I especially love what's happened to Priests - Entomb and Museum Curator are both such awesome cards. Never in a million years did I think I'd have more success on the ladder with a Control-oriented Priest than an aggro Hunter. I'm thrilled at how the meta feels these days - it's a big jumble of surprises.

Fuck, Entomb is so good.

The music in LoE is great, too, as are the various bosses, etc.

Discover is one of the best things to happen to the game as well - great mix of RNG/the unexpected with strategic planning.

Fr0stbyte

I love everything about League of Explorers, after initially being underwhelmed by its reveal.

I especially love what's happened to Priests - Entomb and Museum Curator are both such awesome cards. Never in a million years did I think I'd have more success on the ladder with a Control-oriented Priest than an aggro Hunter. I'm thrilled at how the meta feels these days - it's a big jumble of surprises.

Fuck, Entomb is so good.

The music in LoE is great, too, as are the various bosses, etc.

Discover is one of the best things to happen to the game as well - great mix of RNG/the unexpected with strategic planning.

I love it too. LoE did has done everything I want, change the meta. Between Reno and the way the new priest decks operate, it's sick.

Dahbomb

Love the music on the Truesilver tournament but man the past two games I saw were just Paladin spam. The format allows it because if you win you get to keep playing with that deck and guess what keeps winning.

The irony of it being called Truesilver with Paladins dominating.... LMAO!

Miletius

I love it too. LoE did has done everything I want, change the meta. Between Reno and the way the new priest decks operate, it's sick.

There's a lot of variety in the meta right now which had made the game much more fun to play. After the whiff that was TGT it's nice to have LoE come and completely change the game again.

Dahbomb

LMAO Boom Bots the eternal Azure Drake slayer.

JJJ popped off after that ridiculous Boom Bot hit. He knew he git away with robbery!

This game was ridiculous.... that Rogue pretty much lost to its own draws.

Tacitus_

Leeroy back in the game?

Did Leeroy ever leave? I still think he's a good card but just costs too much in most face decks which is kind of sad. I found him pretty godly in Aggro Paladin comboed with Blessing of Might/Kings and have gotten lethal off him + Hounds in huntard

Hupsel

U guys think they will ever release a big balance patch instead of an expansion sometime? Fix something like Juggler and Shredder, which are in almost every deck, aggro or not.

U guys think they will ever release a big balance patch instead of an expansion sometime? Fix something like Juggler and Shredder, which are in almost every deck, aggro or not.

Instead of an expansion would be kind of lame but yeah, I've hoped they would do that for a while. Since they are so anal about nerfs in general and we get like one every 6 months and buffs pretty much never probably nots

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just opened another Nat Pagle. I don't get it. I've gotten millhouse 4 times, malygos 4 times, now this for the third time. I still don't have any of the class ones aside from antonidas and tirion and out of the 24 neutral classic ones if I take out ones I crafted myself I am missing 17.

Why do classic packs hate me.

ViviOggi

LMAO at the idea of Blizz leaving that sweet expansion money in favor of balance/variety/QoL

After TGT it was completely obvious how fundamentally broken the game is and their response was to push out LoE faster than any set before

LoE is a good set mind you (although after the massive turd called TGT Reno alone would have felt like a godsend), but it still does little to address the underlying issues. The core Hearthstone experience is a dull tempo game with a diceroll minigame of drawing specific answers, and it's here to stay.

Dahbomb

No they would rather just print new cards. They will just keep power creeping until there are better 2/4 drops than those cards.

Once again its frustrating that Blizzard completely ignores the strength of a digital card game to buff/nerf shit whenever they want in favor of just releasing new cards like a physical card game.

Yes! Heroic LoE complete! It's my first heroic full clear.

I heard Skelesaurus Hex caused issues to people, but I had most trouble with final boss of the wing. Heroic: final boss > Skeleaurus > Steel Sentinel > Rest, when it comes to time I spent

zer0das

Banned
I had pretty much killed a druid in a brawl, he had 5 health and I had the hunter class ability despite being a priest. All he had was Ysera up, and no way to stop me from doing that much damage over the next 3 turns. Then he played a card that changed his Ysera to Malganis, and he had enough spells to clear my board. What a way to lose it. Yeesh.

Once again its frustrating that Blizzard completely ignores the strength of a digital card game to buff/nerf shit whenever they want in favor of just releasing new cards like a physical card game.

I feel like they don't change cards very often because then discussions just become "Nerf this," "Buff that!" They don't want to fall into a trap where everyone expects them to change every card they don't like. Yes, it is somewhat odd and disappointing to see cards like Ice Rager and Evil Heckler because it feels like a waste of a new card slot but I'm sure there's an underlying design reason why they're doing it that way.

As for the deck slots since that comes up a lot, I really feel like that's some wonky coding / in engine thing that they have to work around. Do remember this started off as a side project so maybe it's some horrible hard coded script that's stopping them from changing things. It's a lot easier to mock up fancy UIs in a video or whatever than actually make them work in engine. Granted, this is an assumption that most of these videos use something like After Effects to make them and not a hacked version of the game or whatever. Then again, I can attest how damn awful it is making a networked game in Unity.

Granted, their explanation is funny to me. If it is something technical with how things are built, of course they'll never mention it, that just makes it sound bad. However, saying something like, "We think it'll be to confusing to players," can somewhat translate into saying, 'Our game is simple and is accessible to new players.'

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No they would rather just print new cards. They will just keep power creeping until there are better 2/4 drops than those cards.

They can't just keep printing new cards. They have to seriously consider the new player experience. They're going to have to go into legacy formats sometime. Honestly sooner rather than later.

Mixed2k

lifecoach vs xixo
control warrior with 3/4 taunt monkey vs aggro shaman in a best of 21

currently 9/9

Interesting.. just started watching now, but with the experience I have, aggro shaman wins easily vs warrior. However the fact that coach is playing the monkey and that Xixo is playing that useless elemental destruction might make a big deal.

Haunted

SO CONFUSING

edit: to actually comment:

1. Scroll bars are annoying to deal with on mobile, so they'd probably want to avoid introducing more of them. But a totally serviceable solution.
  2. Named tabs would be simple, clean, an elegant solution offering more than enough slots. My preferred method for the My Collection menu.
  3. Class split is my preferred method for the deck selection under the Play menu (see the .gif someone posted a page back), but I don't think it'd work as shown in the My Collection menu. There's too much switching around on the right side of the screen if I just want to look at some different cards for fun or crafting.
  4. nope, too cluttered
  5. A total UI overhaul will not happen, the box motif they've got going is core to the whole UI design and they're very happy with it. It's also not needed for the deck slot expansion.

That said, I don't think it's even a matter of finding the right design, or an issue with manpower or programming work. It's simply that Blizzard doesn't want to do it yet. The realist says that their internal data shows that a vast majority aren't using even half of the deck slots and that they're misinterpreting the 6-8 filled deckslots among more hardcore players - so it's simply not a priority. The pessimist in me thinks that they've got things planned for a lull in content and it'll be a monetised option in the future.

Kenaras

Elemental Destruction in Aggro Shaman?

Why? And I actually like that card but not in an aggro deck!

The idea is you play it after you've lost the board to buy time for your Doomhammer to close out the game. It's not common, though. I've heard about it, but never actually seen someone play it. Seems too situational; aggro decks thrive on consistency.

Cipherr

A better question is will we get an expansion 2 months after this one the way we sorta did with LoE. I think the expansion before it launched in August then in October BAM!

The game needed it too.

Finally won a game with elise. Fun times were had.

Turns out Aviana into rag on an empty board and then a full hand dump the next turn is pretty good.

Dahbomb

A better question is will we get an expansion 2 months after this one the way we sorta did with LoE. I think the expansion before it launched in August then in October BAM!

The game needed it too.
Nah unlikely because the next one will be a full expansion like GvG/TGT and that takes way more cards to create. I think 5 month gap is to be expected.

And the reason why they rushed out LoE was because people didn't spend enough for TGT and they didn't want to give people enough time to grind out gold for the adventure. Like they announced it and it was ready for release less than a week afterwards! That definitely impacted me personally because I was just mindlessly spending all my gold on TGT packs and had 0 gold when it was announced. I still managed to grind enough gold for the adventure in time but it was rough.

Pooya

new snapshot with new decks featured
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/...e-end-of-loe-or-the-beginning-of-the-loe-meta

thankfully they're not listing the aggro shaman list with elemental destruction over there, that's so annoying to play against. kolento/xixo play that.

patron almost to tier 1, I've been playing that list and it's really good.

Midrange druid is like easy mode right now too. Renolock is really good too, so many good decks right now.

tempostorm was crazy last week listing zoo that high, it's now more realistic, it's so bad.

Pooya

I think aggro shaman is great for laddering, it's the fastest deck ever and that's all it counts to get legend, play as many games as you can. you can win or it's clear you lost in like 2-3 minutes. if you can go through 20 or so games in an hour and have like 60% win rate, you can get legend in a few hours.

Pooya

sure, but this is the best aggro deck right now by far, it has the longest reach, it doesn't need a board after turn 3-4. it doesn't care all that much about taunts. you can play face hunter now, it won't work nearly as well against all these new decks.

Pooya

I was expecting the card to be not that good, still surprising nobody even bothered to play that camel hunter card. like I haven't seen it being played even once, no big streamer even tried it to my knowledge. completely overlooked so far.

Xanathus

I was expecting the card to be not that good, still surprising nobody even bothered to play that camel hunter card. like I haven't seen it being played even once, no big streamer even tried it to my knowledge. completely overlooked so far.

It's literally being played by Purpledrank right now.

Top Bottom