• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

For a long time I only played casual, under the assumption that I would be playing against other people that didn't really care about being super competitive and thus I would stand more of a chance, particularly since I didn't have many good cards in my collection yet (Pre-NAXX, but not much earlier than that).

Then one of my friends told me about how much easier ranked mode is than casual mode, and I switched. I haven't played a game in casual since, except for one day where I mistapped while playing on my phone and didn't notice for a match or two.

Pooya

I play casual mode for quick quests, the mode is so predictable you can easily tech against it. Like it's bound to be hunter/mage/paladin so I put double Kezan Mystic in my deck. It has worked quite well!

Scratch

L2ZuVVC.gif

lol

Pooya

was testing some midrange shaman decks with battlecries and Brann. It's a lot of fun actually except.... lightning storm... man I hate this card, it's so shit. like really wth. this card alone makes any midrange shaman deck inconsistent and weak. how shaman is supposed to deal with boards while not killing their own. even with spell power it managed to fail twice in a game. so of course you have to play cancer shaman. I think the deck is ok otherwise, just needs one decent aoe. you can't play elemental destruction here, it doesn't make sense. Brann combos with so many cards already played in bloodlust or midrange decks.

Fishlake

Got to rank 10 today and had my final final exam.

I hope I can get to rank 5 this month.

I hate freezing trap as a druid. I have an answer to mirror entity now but no hunter would dare allow my aspiriant attack a freezing trap.

Freezing trap is like an automatic loss on my part unless I'm very far ahead on the board.

Thankfully there are not many hunters right now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm still a Hearthstone n00b, but at least this thread has made it all fun anyways! Since today is my bday I'd just like to thanks Hearth GAF for an enjoyable hear!

tylerf

Control Priest is so annoying to play against right now that I think I'm going to make it my next class to get to 500 wins. If you can't beat em, join em.

manhack

Not playing very much this month and noticing every time I log in to complete dailies at Rank 19 it is either Priest, Mech Mage or random ass mages.

Pooya

played 11 games today on US ladder, rank 4 to 3 with oil rogue. 7 were control priests, won 6 out of 7.

RIP dragon priest btw, no one plays that.

One card that I can see people will complain about in future is museum curator actually, just pulling absurd resources out of thin air can be so annoying. Sneed's, Sylvanas, Belchers etc. I went through FOUR belchers this last game, so stupid. It is by far the strongest discover card. I think at some point they put a cap on what it can discover with mana cost, it's very high chance of giving something strong, far more than any other discover card.

Happened to me in casual. Fucking coin>innervate>astral>deathwing>Rag.

And here I was trying to play my lulz deck and he out lulz me.

I did something similar once but played an Aviana the turn after the astral and had a few turns in a row of 8+ cost minions going on the board

It only worked once

Pooya

one other thing is faceless/arcane golem in renolocks. This is nasty. Reno made that old combo deck pretty good now. You can survive almost anything, play just like a renodeck, pull PO from peddler and eventually bam 24 damage. I lost to these today, couldn't end the game fast enough. I imagine these decks hard counter priests.

Dahbomb

one other thing is faceless/arcane golem in renolocks. This is nasty. Reno made that old combo deck pretty good now. You can survive almost anything, play just like a renodeck, pull PO from peddler and eventually bam 24 damage. I lost to these today, couldn't end the game fast enough. I imagine these decks hard counter priests.
Jaraxxus hard counters Priest anyway but Priest actually has a win condition against Jaraxxus now in the form of Auchenai + Flash Heals burst.

All these Warlock decks are coming out of the woodwork because Renolock is a thing. This happened last time as well when Malygos got first introduced. What happens is that Handlock becomes a strong deck in the meta -> People start playing around Molten Giants more -> Allows other Warlock decks to be played because they fake playing Handlock when really they are playing Combolock/Malylock yet other players still play around Moltens anyway.

Truth is that Malylock and Combolock get bodied by aggression hardcore. They only work if you start playing around Molten but if you don't then they aren't significant enough meta threats. Reno alone won't save them.

KuroNeeko

Think I'll try this as well! Gonna punish Priests back into oblivion so I can start playing them again!

Started playing some Reno Lock last night and it was amazing (rank 13). Played against mostly mid-range / secret paladin and just had answers for everything.

Guess I'll swap back and forth between Oil and Combo Reno Lock.

FeD.nL

Ooh I thought it was just me that faced it. Some streamer playing it?

hollomat

Banned
Ranked isn't even fun anymore. All i see are the same decks (dragon priest, control warrior, secret paladin, freeze Mage). I have most of the cards and I have 10000 dust so I can craft any deck I want it's just not fun going up against the same 4 decks (especially not these 4 over and over and over).

Thankfully I finally got enough gold last night to unlock the last explorers league wing so I can finally go back to arena.

Hupsel

Ranked isn't even fun anymore. All i see are the same decks (dragon priest, control warrior, secret paladin, freeze Mage). I have most of the cards and I have 10000 dust so I can craft any deck I want it's just not fun going up against the same 4 decks (especially not these 4 over and over and over).

Thankfully I finally got enough gold last night to unlock the last explorers league wing so I can finally go back to arena.

Yeah pretty much. You just find decks from tempostorm and so on. Lots of paladins and warlocks too. Some of the decks are a PAIN to fight against too. If you are a priest you can just concede against Renolock. Freeze mage is another matchup that's boring as f.

hollomat

Banned
Yeah pretty much. You just find decks from tempostorm and so on. Lots of paladins and warlocks too. Some of the decks are a PAIN to fight against too. If you are a priest you can just concede against Renolock. Freeze mage is another matchup that's boring as f.

I'm actually having more fun with tavern brawl now then ranked.

Top Bottom