• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dragner

I won mine with druid innervate a fast threat and wrath 2 of my own crates, then played like 4 of the bounce 3 in a row. easiest game of my life against a tryhard tempo mage.

Just reading these posts I can tell I've never been less interested in playing a brawl.

Edit: Yup, pure garbage as expected. Tavern Brawl has to be one of the most colossal flops ever. Like, I've never seen anything fall so flat.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There is certainly strategy and counter play to this Brawl but a lot of it is ruined by Antonidas and Sorc Apprentice. The crate should just give you a random card instantly.

That's basically why I said Mage is the best class in every Brawl. So many brawls give out cheap spells or reward you for playing cheap spells or whatever. Every time they do this sorc apprentice, Flamewaker, and antonidas are this insane unbeatable trifecta. Either that or just the fact that Mage has the best direct damage spells in the game puts them over.

Mulgrok

I won 3 out of my first 4 brawl matches as rogue. First one I lost to cancer druid with perfect opening combo. I was dead by turn 4.

Owzers

i got lucky winning my second try at brawl, i thought i was going to be doomed to frustration but i kept killing my enemies rogue crates with arcane golem/stuff and then getting dark iron guy to help clear their aggro minions.

Miletius

I won my first brawl against a person playing priest. Kept on getting Mind Controls, Confessor Paletresses from him. He got an Antionidas, and I entombed it. He got another Antoinidas, I mind controlled it. Felt bad for the guy in the end.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Lucked out against a Hunter in the brawl. Played standard Ramp Druid. Not a great one this week. Lucked out and got a Highmane in the first gift I opened and then proceeded to roll to victory. I won't be playing this one again, I think.

Mulgrok

Holy shit, it only took 6 tries but I'm finally facing a non-Warlock in the brawl.

Great design there Blizzard.

I am doing rogue and have 100% win rate against warlocks in this bralw out of 5 matches so far. I am 9/10 overall. Turns out giving mages and warlocks shitty cards works.

ViviOggi

Trashed a Warlock with random Midrange Paladin, grabbed the cardback and won't ever look back

It's butt-ugly though, not sure if worth

shira

Just play as Facehunter and ignore the crates, you'll wreck most "OP" classes in this brawl. Especially all those innovative Warlock players.

Warlock gets too many things going too fast.

If you get any of the wipe spells in the gifts its too hard to come back. Any sort of board wipe is +2 gifts.

KuroNeeko

Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This Brawl was a lot of fun.

There's great stuff in those crates and choosing between smashing a crate or smashing your opponent is deep.
Rogue, and maybe even Shaman, is great here. Sap their power cards and the cost goes back up to normal.

Face shaman is even worse now and it's everywhere. Can't stand ladder right now, turn 1 leper gnomes everywhere.

Worst thing about Face Shaman, is you're always JUST on the verge of stabilizing and then it's Crackle, Crackle, Lava Burst or something like that.

Finally got to experience using Sacrificial Pact to kill Lord Jarraxus for a win. That was fun.

I have mixed feelings about this brawl. I did stick with it long enough to complete a daily but beyond that, not sure I will revisit it again.

I really don't understand the lack of a free pack this week. I guess free pack + free card back would be too OP.

Won five straight with Shaman in the brawl. I think they're really good because no one wants their garbage class cards and legendaries and you get all your opponent's awesome stuff. On curve Doomsayer gets you two crates if they don't have an answer, and from there you just start winning the game.

ZealousD

You know what the problem with this brawl is?

If you get ahead and get more gifts than your opponent, it's too easy to win.

In other words, it's really easy for a match to..... snowball.

ub0gEIb.png

sibarraz

Banned
I played an aggro warrior deck to win easily all my matches.

While the opponent is to cute trying to make unoptimal plays with warlock, I just go face or get a craft if I consider it worthy

Plus, since I can buff my minions while damaging at the same time, I can get board control AND the craft

Dahbomb

I'd love to see a video of Ben Brode trying to explain how Leper Gnome is reasonably costed at 1 mana.
Not really all that different from Abusive Sergeant.

No way to actually change that card without making it unplayable. Can't make it 2 mana cost, can't make it 1/1. It's an aggressive 1 drop minion and that's all it's good for.

Though Leper Gnome is the universal sign of "yup this game is going to be shit" whenever it gets dropped.

ZealousD

No way to actually change that card without making it unplayable. Can't make it 2 mana cost, can't make it 1/1. It's an aggressive 1 drop minion and that's all it's good for.

Though Leper Gnome is the universal sign of "yup this game is going to be shit" whenever it gets dropped.

1 mana cards are definitely hypersensitive to nerfs most of the time. Any change wildly swings the power of the card. And there are a whole bunch of class-based 1 drops that are stronger, so it's not even something like shredder when it beats the vast majority of cards in its slot at any level. Leper Gnome just happens to be the best neutral aggressive card in a very aggressive slot.

sibarraz

Banned
I support the brokeness of Leper Gnome, is one of those cards that are necessary to enable aggro decks.

I know that people hate to lose against face hunter or other decks, but I prefer to face this kind of decks from time to time instead of always having to play long as fuck game with control decks or mid range decks where you only need to play well on curve

I've pretty much always been a big fan of Reynad, but he's been pretty insufferable lately. Tonight he's whining that's there are only three competitive decks, Druid, Agro Shaman, and Paladin.

You REALLY don't think face decks would still run Leper Gnome as a 1/1? I almost guarantee they would.

Two guaranteed face damage for 1 mana is good regardless of stats.

thought I had a game won vs a druid (lethal on board), but healbotted to 24 just in case

died next turn to FoN + innvervate + FoN + innervate + 2-mana savage roar from emperor

fun game

KuroNeeko

You REALLY don't think face decks would still run Leper Gnome as a 1/1? I almost guarantee they would.

Two guaranteed face damage for 1 mana is good regardless of stats.

Yeah, it's half the cost of a hero power and has a board presence.
I mean, I guess it could get silenced or ASPed....

TBH, I don't mind Leper Gnome that much. I pretty much assume that I'll take damage the first four to five turns anyway and just hope that I can stabilize in the mid-game with AoEs and durable minions.

Playing as shaman to finish my daily is hella frustrsting. For some reason everybody immediately gets a mistcaller on their first box and then steam roll me. Some dude even got multiple mistcallers back to back.

Playing as shaman to finish my daily is hella frustrsting. For some reason everybody immediately gets a mistcaller on their first box and then steam roll me. Some dude even got multiple mistcallers back to back.

My first brawl game my opponent got an Earth Elemental on turn 2, a fire elemental on turn 4 and then an Al'Akhir a couple turns later :|

bord

Neo Member
Something hilarious just happened to me in arena at 11-0:

I was already in an unloseable position at that point so my opponent decided to have some fun.

Zombie Chow was the MVP -- it just wins games on its own if you get it on turn 1.
Having a bunch of AOE helps too, of course.

I love the one time they don't give away a free pack everyone riots.

It's not that don't give away a free pack, it's the fact that they normally give away a free pack for Tavern Brawl and now they don't. So it feels more like it's something that is taken away rather then given since people grow accustom to it.

bjaelke

It's not that don't give away a free pack, it's the fact that they normally give away a free pack for Tavern Brawl and now they don't. So it feels more like it's something that is taken away rather then given since people grow accustom to it.

As part of the launch celebration, you'll earn a free card pack when you win your first game of the week in the first several brawls!
Always read the small print.

Ugh. Just played a lock that got Mal'Ganis off Voidcaller, Illidan off his Bane of Doom, and went from Elise to Golden Monkey in like 4 turns, with 11 cards remaining in the deck. Disgusting.

Top Bottom