• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dragner

Im frustrated right now. No matter what I do my opponents always have the nuts...I have cleric on the play vs paladin, only punished by juggler, he has it, but I have power word into velens chosen. No matter he plays double secretkeeper(only one drops in the deck) and perfect juggles to take it down, then secret(c. Spirit) + minibot into sword into loatheb. Ok buddy.

Change to aggro shaman to punish paladin and Im paired vs reno lock, that deck has few early drops still makes dark peddler into imp gang into spectral spider tap into hellfire into demonfire into molten healbot into reno. Ok buddy.

Sande

Superjj lagging insanely hard until he changes Hearthstone graphics quality from medium to low

$600 chair $40 computer
HS does run like shit for a card game.

ViviOggi

HS does run like shit for a card game.
I know, until recently I was playing on an ancient rig myself and the mobile requirements are obscene as well for what's being delivered. For starters it's a Unity game, plus things like lightning effects seem to be much more complex than they'd need to.

It's still funny that a competitive player and streamer sitting on a DXwhatever chair can't max a children's card game.

Haunted

Speaking of performance issues, Hearthstone has started lagging in its animations for me recently. Like, little hitches and framedrops when shit's happening. At first I just assumed they were server-side problems, but they've been occurring too frequently, even for Blizz standards. Not sure what's up with that.

Anyfin is a pretty ridiculous card, though. I'm sure druid FON combos were already an issue Blizzard was looking into, judging by how they nerfed warsong and Miracle, but then they went ahead and designed a even dumber version of it. Granted, you do need to run a couple of bad cards, but the rest of the Paladin shell more than make up for it.

I guess the real question is whether or not Anyfin Paladin is better than Druid. The Anyfin basic combo does take 5 cards instead of 2 to get full value, but they don't need to sit in your hand and the average quality of Paladin class cards is much better than the Druid ones.

Anyfin is a pretty ridiculous card, though. I'm sure druid FON combos were already an issue Blizzard was looking into, judging by how they nerfed warsong and Miracle, but then they went ahead and designed a even dumber version of it. Granted, you do need to run a couple of bad cards, but the rest of the Paladin shell more than make up for it.

I guess the real question is whether or not Anyfin Paladin is better than Druid. The Anyfin basic combo does take 5 cards instead of 2 to get full value, but they don't need to sit in your hand and the average quality of Paladin class cards is much better than the Druid ones.

You get double use out of the cards, so even if they're bad, you get twice the value. You can even resummon those cards a third time with a second Anyfin. But Warleader, Old Murkeye, and Blue Gill aren't even that bad. Grimscale Oracle isn't terrible if you combo it with either of the charge Murlocs. With Druid Combo, you have to sit on those cards until you need to burn them to survive or until you can pull off the combo and win. And Murlocs don't die at the end of the turn, so even if Anyfin doesn't kill the opponent on the turn it's played, you should still have a board.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Are those the only 3 drops you have? If not I think Silver Hand Regent is pretty solid for pally. Used to have it as a one of in my midrange list before uldaman.
I'll have to try it. I guess if it survives turn 3, I have a great turn for with a two drop and hero power. It's not like it'll change my gameplan either since all I have is 3 health minions at 3 mana.
you can always switch a 3 drop out for a shredder. Most of your 3 drops you are going to play on 3, but you don't really have a 4 drops you are just going to play outside of murkeye. BoK yes if you have a minion or Truesilver if you have board control but obviously just doing truesilver isnt the best.
I uhh, didn't think about that. I'll try that too. I've usually just tried to hold a board and push through that turn with two two drops or a buff murk eye.

Usually I try a card and think about what if I had drawn the other card and compare the results. I'll report back later. Y'know, as soon as I'm done with the honeymoon period on raptor rogue.
Bluegill is a charge minion. Good.
Warleader is a 3/3 that can be played on turn 5 with Bluegill (4/2 then). Good.
Murk eye is a 2/4 charge. Decent.

If by turn 10 one of each dies, you can do 10 damage over two places. Next time you can do 28 damage just playing the same card. If you have all the combo pieces, and both AnyFin (we're really stretching the amount of consistency here) you can do 28 one turn and anywhere up to 40 the next. The real problem is consistency. But that's fixed with card draw.
And Murlocs don't die at the end of the turn, so even if Anyfin doesn't kill the opponent on the turn it's played, you should still have a board.
AnyFin #1, burn Murlocs into enemy minions to prevent lethal. Enemy kills Murlocs. AnyFin #2, obliterate hero with 40 damage over 5 minions.

Dreavus

Speaking of performance issues, Hearthstone has started lagging in its animations for me recently. Like, little hitches and framedrops when shit's happening. At first I just assumed they were server-side problems, but they've been occurring too frequently, even for Blizz standards. Not sure what's up with that.

I thought I was getting this from moving to Windows 10. I guess it's a wider issue?

Pooya

lmao EU servers are so bad they had to push brawls permanently 5 hours later in the day lol.

We’re always on the lookout for ways to improve your experience playing Hearthstone, and will be making a change to the Tavern Brawl release schedule to help achieve that goal. In order to provide better monitoring capabilities, increase our response time for any issues that sneak by, and minimize service impact to all our players across the world, the Tavern Brawl release schedule has been adjusted to the following:

Americas: Wed 9:00 AM PST
China: Wed 1:00 PM PST (Thu 5:00 AM CST)
Korea/Taiwan: Wed 1:00 PM PST (Thu 6:00 AM KST)
Europe: Wed 1:00 PM PST (Wed 10:00 PM CET)

Americas get it first now and 30 min earlier than before.

Hupsel

Of course when I play Oil Rogue I face Aggro Shamman
Of course when I play Dragon Priest I face Renolock
Of course when I play Aggro Druid I face control priest

ViviOggi

Legit surprised they made all Elise components competitive (solid on-curve 4-drop that trades with Shredder, 2 mana cycle, op 4-drop). Monkey being 4cc is so clutch since you can drop it together with removal or another big body to take the board before you start the legendary chain. Brawl + Monkeh is super op against a big midrange/control board. It's actually a very well-designed card.

Dahbomb

Legit surprised they made all Elise components competitive (solid on-curve 4-drop that trades with Shredder, 2 mana cycle, op 4-drop). Monkey being 4cc is so clutch since you can drop it together with removal or another big body to take the board before you start the legendary chain. Brawl + Monkeh is super op against a big midrange/control board. It's actually a very well-designed card.
3/5 for 4 isn't competitive and neither is a 2 mana do nothing but cycle.

Owzers

I won my first renolock game...in casual....and started with reno in hand. Won vs a tempo mage where i lucked my way through everything including silencing their flamewaker and then eventually mind controlling their dr. boom. I have to play Rafaam in this deck, if i am supposed to stay alive awhile i miight as well have a card that priests can't entomb freely.

ViviOggi

3/5 for 4 isn't competitive and neither is a 2 mana do nothing but cycle.
On its own it's just enough, just like a 2 mana cycle (the point being that it could have been a 2 mana card lacking the draw component). Together with the effect they're competitive, especially since the decks you'd run Elise in have historically been lacking 4s.

Jrmint

I'd like to try a Priest deck with the new Priest cards. I'm thinking about trying the list Kibler was using yesterday with Elise. Do you guys think that list is good or what is the best Priest deck currently?

Dahbomb

Got Varian from the gold I earned from doing a Shaman daily!

Yeah boiiii!

I'd like to try a Priest deck with the new Priest cards. I'm thinking about trying the list Kibler was using yesterday with Elise. Do you guys think that list is good or what is the best Priest deck currently?
That list is solid but you might want to consider not using Elise and instead use Cabal.

Pooya

Ysera gotta be the worst big drop right now, entomb, sap, keeper of uldaman all running rampant. You don't want to ever play that. Tirion is vulnerable to same cards but it's still stronger if it sticks. Getting one Ysera card isn't worth a turn more often than not. If you play Malygos, Alex, Grommash or whatever, they do what they're supposed to do on turn, winning the game. Rafaam can be strictly better than Ysera now as a neutral end game threat for control decks. Priest has Paletess too for that.

The other card that is so much worse now is ancient of war. I crafted one for my druid and I feel running two belchers was better. keeper just ruins AoW, it's worse than silence for your, at least that leaves a 5/5.

Ysera gotta be the worst big drop right now, entomb, sap, keeper of uldaman all running rampant. You don't want to ever play that. Tirion is vulnerable to same cards but it's still stronger if it sticks. Getting one Ysera card isn't worth a turn more often than not. If you play Malygos, Alex, Grommash or whatever, they do what they're supposed to do on turn, winning the game. Rafaam can be strictly better than Ysera now as a neutral end game threat for control decks. Priest has Paletess too for that.

The other card that is so much worse now is ancient of war. I crafted one for my druid and I feel running two belchers was better. keeper just ruins AoW, it's worse than silence for your, at least that leaves a 5/5.

yea I wanted to keep ysera in my control priest but just realized it wasnt actually doing anything in the games I drew it.

zer0das

Banned
So uh... someone used goldenmonkey on me after doing poison seeds and starfall on me twice. Why does this card even exist? What the hell.

Dahbomb

Even Sylvanas has been pretty low yield as of late. Either gets Silenced, Sapped or Entombed.

But guess which card is still ridiculously good... the OG DR.

Also I Linda want to try Rafaam in Secret Paladin. Curve all the way to 10!

I wonder how many people will actually play Brawl if they pull the free card pack reward. As it is now, I bet most just play until they get their pack and then don't come back until next week. I guess there's still the win 5 brawls quest, but I get that like once a month.

Pooya

Blizzard still thinks people care about card backs. Like I haven't even changed into new ones that come out every month in ages. I have no idea what my current card back even is.

40 dust a week being gone isn't a big deal but this mode will die without rewards. Maybe they try to give past card backs you missed on through this mode now. That's not bad for those who care.

We got an awful 'sales', an unintended hilarious emote and now this. Happy feast of winterveil indeed.

meowtapes

Neo Member
Blizzard still thinks people care about card backs. Like I haven't even changed into new ones that come out every month in ages. I have no idea what my current card back even is.

40 dust a week being gone isn't a big deal but this mode will die without rewards. Maybe they try to give past card backs you missed on through this mode now. That's not bad for those who care.

We got an awful 'sales', an unintended hilarious emote and now this. Happy feast of winterveil indeed.

I personally would love if I could get the cupcake card back.

gutshot

It's only a one time thing. And the card back is pretty amazing.

Pretty sure lots of people play Tavern Brawl for fun as well or just to easily compete quests that they have a hard time completing in ranked.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given the number of people with the The Grand Tournament pre-order and Legacy of the Void pre-order card backs, I would suspect a lot of them like them.

That said I don't think they should have replaced the pack.

It's only a one time thing. And the card back is pretty amazing.

Pretty sure lots of people play Tavern Brawl for fun as well or just to easily compete quests that they have a hard time completing in ranked.

Yeah, I was doing my quests in Brawl last week because I didn't feel like playing on ladder and casual is pretty much just people trying out ladder decks before going on ladder. I had 2 X 5 win quests that didn't overlap, so that's 10 Brawls. The next day I rolled a Tavern Brawl quest.

I would care about card backs if you could do more shit with them. Whats the point of having so many if you cant like, randomize them when you play. Its like collecting shit you cant brag about so you cant use Legend and BRM/Naxx/LoE card backs at the same time

Xanathus

I played Heroes of the Storm till level 20(?) for the card back, I guess I still kinda care about card backs even though I hardly change it nowadays. Also it looks like the brawl time is still the same for NA?

Haunted

I was wondering why so many cards were shown when I was searching for Alexstrasza in my collection by typing in "Alex".

Apparently the collection is also searchable by the names of the artists! That's pretty cool.

I smell a new Challengestone tournament. Only build a deck with cards by the same 2-3 specific artists.

gutshot

I would care about card backs if you could do more shit with them. Whats the point of having so many if you cant like, randomize them when you play. Its like collecting shit you cant brag about so you cant use Legend and BRM/Naxx/LoE card backs at the same time

Well you can put them on different decks, so you can effectively have 9 different card backs active at a time, which is better than the way it used to be.

I played Heroes of the Storm till level 20(?) for the card back, I guess I still kinda care about card backs even though I hardly change it nowadays. Also it looks like the brawl time is still the same for NA?

It's been moved up by an hour.

Top Bottom