• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Ocho

Someone posted a gdocs sheets to keep track of how many cards you have when TGT launched. Anyone have the link for the updated sheet with the new adventure?

mxgt

Banned
I am just so tired of Druids on ladder. Even worse than secret pally. If they get early board advantage the game is just over as soon as turn 9 hits and I'm in the region of anywhere 14~25 hp.

I fucking hate combo so much. They always have it. Oh cool I'm safe on turn 8 with 24 HP? nope, force, savage, innervate, savage after emperor and dead. Cool game.

I do not understand how this bullshit has gone untouched since beta.

Is there a worst feeling in HS when you build your deck to counter aggro, 1x holy nova, 2x light bomb, 2x aucheni soul priest/circle of healing, 2x wild pyro, and not able to draw any of these fucking cards and die on turn five to bullshit aggro while their board is full of one health creatures?

God damn I hate not being able to do anything with these control decks. Maybe I should gl back to bullshit paladin decks at least I can fight back against aggro and zoo decks.

mxgt

Banned
Is there a worst feeling in HS when you build your deck to counter aggro, 1x holy nova, 2x light bomb, 2x aucheni soul priest/circle of healing, 2x wild pyro, and not able to draw any of these fucking cards and die on turn five to bullshit aggro while their board is full of one health creatures?

God damn I hate not being able to do anything with these control decks. Maybe I should gl back to bullshit paladin decks at least I can fight back against aggro and zoo decks.

It does suck, but then you have the games where you drop Reno on low hp and they instant concede, or manage to stabilise and turn the game around and it's so fucking great.

ViviOggi

Dark Peddler: Discover Power Overwhelming or Mortal Coil.

Card is fucking broken.
Soulfire

And eh, it's a good card but at least it's no sticky value minion or fucking ridiculously broken deck thinner like Scientist/MC. It's kind of op in the sense that every Warlock runs it due to its flexibility but the average deck runs like 20 cards significantly more op than Peddler.

cHinzo

Damn my last couple of legendaries I got from packs were great. Leeroy, Ysera, Antonidas and the Black Knight. I still need a Grommash though. ;__;

Szadek

Get used to it. Terrible draws will always happen.
If you starting hand is awful, just accept that you are probably going to lose.

Yeah, I also had fun with Black Knight when I was messing with Mech Priest a long while back since he's great if you get a Rusty Horn and there's always a good chance you'll run into people with Sludge Belcher anyway.

Ladekabel

Ugh, the moment I stop encountering Paladins I only face Renolock after Renolock with my Priest.

That said: I have almost all cards for a Renolock besides Molten and Malganis. How viable would it be without them or what would be good replacements? Don't have Leeroy+PO+Faceless either.

Said fuck it and bought $10 worth of packs. No real useful cards (second piloted sky golem), but got enough dust to craft my two Lightbombs. Only thing I really want now is a Mal'Ganis and maybe a second Cabal.

Everything else is pretty much luxury afaik.

I have been watching Kripp stream for years, and certainly since the start of Hearth. And this is dead wrong. Dude shits on what are CLEARLY new players to the game on the regular.

I don't mind it personally, but it's crazy to deny it. Its that typical jackass gamer attitude that leads to voice chat being terrible in most online games.

I was talking about when Kripp casts tournaments. If he is sarcastic towards players like Reynad, then fair enough.

As for shitting on random arena players? He certainly does this, but generally out of saltiness at losing to them due to RNG, better cards or no doubt his own misplays. I can't really blame somebody who plays a lot of Hearthstone from having that mentality. This thread is called "Refined Deeprock Salt" for a reason and the same reason is why Hearthstone doesn't even have voice chat.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ugh, the moment I stop encountering Paladins I only face Renolock after Renolock with my Priest.

That said: I have almost all cards for a Renolock besides Molten and Malganis. How viable would it be without them or what would be good replacements? Don't have Leeroy+PO+Faceless either.

Similar question but I am missing mountain giant and YOUFACEJURAXXIS. What are the substitutes?

bord

Neo Member
1 mana pyro blast alright I'll take it! In other news waste 1600 dust for Slyvanas a month ago.... open a pack get Slyvanas.

I crafted Justicar two weeks after TGT launched and have since opened two of them :(

Opening dupes isn't really that bad though. I mean any legendary is better than none.

Similar question but I am missing mountain giant and YOUFACEJURAXXIS. What are the substitutes?

Personally I don't like Mountain Giant in Reno lock. Not sure what replaces it, but eh. Jaraxxus is irreplaceable though - as in - you can't play any Warlock deck without him unless it's super aggro zoo.

Dahbomb

You can play Renolock without Mountain Giant but not without Jaraxxus.

People just play other 4 drops instead of Mountain Giant. Stuff like Refreshment Vendor, Senjin. You can even try Eerie Statue as a secondary to Ancient Watcher if you really want to (or as a Shadowflame activator).

Jaraxxus is too necessary to counter other Control decks. Without it you will never win against CW and Priest as they will just out control you and just win by fatigue. Renolock works because Reno allows the deck to go into the late game in order to get off Jaraxxus safely and thus win the game through that... without it going to late game isn't a big deal.

KuroNeeko

Was watching some SuperJJ this morning. As far as I know, he's the guy that put together the latest version of MalyRogue that is floating around the ladder.

He was playing Control Priest and just crying about his opponent (who was playing said MalyRogue deck.) I thought it was pretty entertaining, and he seemed like a funny guy.

Problem came when he was playing a Control Warrior. The CW dropped a Baron Gheddon and JJ said, "Oh, you're a dirty n*gg*r, aren't you!"

He seemed to realize what he'd said a second later and apologized for it on chat, but I don't know, I've never "slipped" and used that kind of language before so it makes me wonder what he's like off stream. I didn't stay to find out.

So I wonder if language like that is more "permissible / acceptable" in other cultures outside the US? Does it say something about me / us, that he can call someone a little "b*tch" and we don't bat an eye, but if he says "n*gg*r" that's worse? Just random stream thoughts.

I've replaced Mountain with Sea Giant.

I can't imagine playing Reno without Jarraxxus though. You lose against Control Decks, especially Priest, big time.

Yeah this brawl is awful, my six games were basically 'who gets to play a ridic legendary on turn 2 first'

pulled lorewalker cho from my pack -_-

i mean i guess i'll keep him for future additions, and since he could be semi useful in a mill deck some day....honestly its basically trash to me at this point but 400 dust isn't really going to change my world so i'll hold on to it...at least he'll be really good in a brawl some day, i guess

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just did the brawl and for once didn't get 40 dust.

xnQrrPl.png

The best part is last night I got a pack and popped Alexstraza, so these are both back to back.

Yeah this brawl is awful, my six games were basically 'who gets to play a ridic legendary on turn 2 first'

The first brawl I played, I opened with turn 1 Flame Imp, the other guy immediately draws a Flame Leviathan, killing my Flame Imp, and then plays Flame Leviathan, coin, Flame Leviathan. I never even had a chance.

Owzers

i had two different druid daily quests to get through and decided not to craft FoN and Ancient yet in favor of doing the quests through the Brawls. Bring on the random. I thought i was having an easy match against a Shaman but he had two one cost Windlord's after already playing a Mistcaller turn 2. Ugh. I managed to win just by having a large amount of beefy minions, thought i was doomed.

zer0das

Banned
I really enjoy this brawl, because the sadistic part of me likes the turn 3 Varian into surrender.

Edit: And right as I say that, a warrior plays 3 straight Varians against me in 3 turns. I was a warrior too! I'm not even mad, it is just funny at this point.

Mulgrok

It would be great if they added an option for fast animations. I am too impatient and screw myself over because I don't wait several seconds for each animation between actions.

Top Bottom