• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

usp84

So after getting lucky in the tavern brawl pack i got enough dust to create a legendary.

The question is which one. I have Dr Boom, YSera and Antonidas. Also Varyan wrynn

Should i create Alexstrsza and play the freeze mage.?

I also like the renolock deck that some people play. In this case should i create Malganis or Jaraxus?

Keep in mind that i wont have 1600 dust for a long time so this decision is very important to me.

Thanks for any answers!

zer0das

Banned
I'd probably go Boom or Antonidas. Boom is useful in like every deck and Antonidas is pretty key to mages. Ysera rarely comes into play and usually doesn't do much and Varian isn't really that necessary either.

usp84

I'd probably go Boom or Antonidas. Boom is useful in like every deck and Antonidas is pretty key to mages. Ysera rarely comes into play and usually doesn't do much and Varian isn't really that necessary either.

No i have dr boom, ysera, antonidas and waryan wrynn.

I am asking which other legendary to create from the rest!

zer0das

Banned
No i have dr boom, ysera, antonidas and waryan wrynn.

I am asking which other legendary to create from the rest!

Oh. In that case out of what you listed, I'd probably go Jaraxxus. Mal'ganis is nice, but I think Jaraxxus is useful in more situations. I hate those Alexstrsza mage decks though, so I'm kind of biased against them.

usp84

Oh. In that case out of what you listed, I'd probably go Jaraxxus. Mal'ganis is nice, but I think Jaraxxus is useful in more situations. I hate those Alexstrsza mage decks though, so I'm kind of biased against them.

Yeah thanks i think i will go for Jaraxus.

Even if i made Alexstrasza, i dont have ice block and doomsayer lol

KuroNeeko

So after getting lucky in the tavern brawl pack i got enough dust to create a legendary.

The question is which one. I have Dr Boom, YSera and Antonidas. Also Varyan wrynn

Should i create Alexstrsza and play the freeze mage.?

I also like the renolock deck that some people play. In this case should i create Malganis or Jaraxus?

Keep in mind that i wont have 1600 dust for a long time so this decision is very important to me.

Thanks for any answers!

I guess it depends on what you want to play.
If you're looking to play Control Warrior or Freeze Mage in the near future, then Alex is probably the way to go. Control Warrior will probably be out of your reach until you get Grom though.

If you want to play Warlock, especially Handlock or Renolock, then Jarr is the way to go. Malganis is a great legendary, but he's only useful in Demon-heavy Lock decks. I feel like Jarr is more powerful and of more use.

Otherwise, something like Sylvanas fits in a large number of decks. You can also go Justicar if you're interested in Warrior / Paladin / Priest.

Hycran

Banned
Kripp whining about facing high quality decks in arena that are "snipers". I face those kinds of decks constantly.

To be fair, there are some extremely blatant snipers that tend to hit Kripp 2 or 3 times per run. It isn't to say that all pro's dont get it, but yeah, some of the games are disgusting. Even in one of his latest 12 win runs he was getting super sniped so the guy just conceded to give him the 12th win.

Kalavaras

Banned
Man, disgusting or not murlocadin is so much fun to play. Sometimes the little assholes dig themselves to the bottom of the deck but once you pop the board full with Anyfin its Happy feast of Winterfeil everyone.

Still gotta try a miracle rogue, some tempo mage and adjust the Renolock a bit and then Ill set to focusing on one deck. Its too much stress figuring out all the crap over and over again so Im happy if one deck brings me joy.

ZeroX03

Banned
Discovering great counter tech ahead of time is a great feeling (and luck). Snagged Blood Knight and Mind Control Tech on turn 2 against Paladins and they completely turned things in my favour a few turns later.

Ladekabel

Played a little bit of Dragon Priest. First lost to a Freeze Mage as expected. But then I faced two Pallys (one Secret, one Reno) and beat them up. Justice got its retribution.

KuroNeeko

Always the scumbag decks that rope you out after you have lethal on board.

Could be they're just looking for a way out, mayne.
If there's lethal, I'd just as soon concede so I can move on to my next match.

Sometimes, if I feel like a player played well, or they're not using a net deck, I'll hang around long enough to let them deal the finishing blow.

BMing Net Deckers are the biggest problem with Hearthstone, I think.

manhack

Could be they're just looking for a way out, mayne.

Yeah, maybe. It was the typical secret paladin nonsense where even though do well to turn 6 the Mysterious Challenge gets dropped and it is only by the grace of Sylvannus and a top deck Dark Iron Skulker that I manage to steal his Challenger and turn the board around. I think he was a little pissed.

KuroNeeko

Yeah, maybe. It was the typical secret paladin nonsense where even though do well to turn 6 the Mysterious Challenge gets dropped and it is only by the grace of Sylvannus and a top deck Dark Iron Skulker that I manage to steal his Challenger and turn the board around. I think he was a little pissed.

"I've got no time for games!"

Szadek

The brawl is great for quests, because the games are usually over once someone summons 8 drop on turn 2 or something, but that's about it.

Dragner

Ive won 5 games of 7. Other 2 were concessions to turn 1 antonidas. 2 of my 5 wins were concessions to turn 2 varian.

FUNNNNNN!

Pooya

picked oil rogue got warrior.
picked renolock got druid.
picked paladin got priest.

the game is so trolling me. renolock is good except against crazy druid hand, I don't think anyone can beat crazy druid hand anyway. Probably last day this year I can play this game, gotta settle down on that rank 3 I guess, never legend.

This brawl is only fun when you are on the giving end. Having a hand full of crap while the other guy drops a turn 1 alextraza on you is pretty much anti-fun. The only reason this brawl is good for quest is that you can just concede immediately if you don't get a badass hand with godly reduction of cost and quickly hop into the next game hoping for that instant win hand opening.

gutshot

Interesting deck Dog is running. Naga Seawitch and Aviana (no Astral Communion).

Velen has made a comeback in recent weeks.

Was it this Frodan deck? https://mobile.twitter.com/Frodan/status/678442222438649856

I was trying it out in casual yesterday. The Sea Witches are really awkward on any turn before 10+. After that it is kinda nice to play a 5/5 plus some other bomb. But I'm still not sure that it is worth running them over 2 more Ancients or a single copy of combo.

Dragner

Meta right now is stale as fuck, last 10 matches against secret paladin 10/10 and last 30 were 19/11, thats stupid, Blizzard needs to nerf that deck now, that mutch meta % is not healthy for the game.

EDIT : 11/11

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL amaz just accused massan of viewbotting his channel a year ago , now massan is doing damage control on chat, so fucking dumb elegigle

Owzers

Meta right now is stale as fuck, last 10 matches against secret paladin 10/10 and last 30 were 19/11, thats stupid, Blizzard needs to nerf that deck now, that mutch meta % is not healthy for the game.

what are you crushing the dreams of paladins with?

Pooya

Undertaker nerf was in late Jan, maybe same thing happens again. Secret paladin is waaaaay worse right now in how ubiquitous it has become. My games today were like almost one third druid, two third secret paladin from 30 something matches, one was playing murloc paladin and there was one control warrior. I'm pushing for that legend today, I'm not sure how many more games are left in me at this rate lol. I actually won almost every secret paladin match with reno, then I get druid, up down up down.

Rogue is really rare again, warrior isn't any better. Any deck that requires skill is rare when you can just play dumb broken decks.

Cipherr

I was talking about when Kripp casts tournaments. If he is sarcastic towards players like Reynad, then fair enough.

As for shitting on random arena players? He certainly does this, but generally out of saltiness at losing to them due to RNG, better cards or no doubt his own misplays. I can't really blame somebody who plays a lot of Hearthstone from having that mentality. This thread is called "Refined Deeprock Salt" for a reason and the same reason is why Hearthstone doesn't even have voice chat.

Oh yeah for tourneys he does fine. I thought we were counting like arena.

Dahbomb

If you guys want Secret Paladin nerfed then start playing Secret Paladin.

It's actually more constructive than talking about nerfs.

Honestly only reason I don't use Secret Pally much is because I only play this game for dailies + monthly rank 5 so I end up using a bunch of decks. If I only got Total Domination quests I would only play Secret Pally.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Beat a Control Warrior by Entombing his Golden Monkey.

Who needs to go through all that crap of playing Elise and drawing the map?

Xanathus

There used to be a streamer who viewbotted during the first year after Hearthstone launched. I don't remember his name but he was of South Asian descent, I recall that there were posts made about him on r/hearthstone and he actually got banned by Twitch within like a month of the thread. It's irritating me that I don't remember the name, would be cool if someone can remind me. Anyway it's surprising Twitch hasn't taken action against Massan yet especially if it's true what Reckful said that Twitch employees told him that they know there are viewbots on his channel.

Tacitus_

AAAGHGHGH

fuck the "ooh this card will float to the side after you play that card" thing

Meant to play 2 + 3 on t5 but instead played 4 by mistake

Top Bottom